• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hi, I Just Ordered My Kit This Week (Finally) and Am Working on

J
jjhoo01
Hi, I just ordered my kit this week (finally) and am working on getting bookings to get me started. One of my friends said not now because she is really busy, but I was asking for a booking in July. How can I tactfully overcome her objection without sounding pushy or needy? Thanks for your help.

Have you seen the Host specials for July. They are pretty awesome. Try to get her by telling her what the specials are.

How about saying something like: "I totally understand that you're busy right now and since you're a great friend, I know that you're not just saying that to put me off. There are some great specials coming up this summer and I really want you to take advantage of them, so I'll go ahead and mail you those flyers to whet your appetite for a Pampered Chef show and then check back with you in a couple of weeks".

Great tip! I am encountering a lot of objections right now as well. A few of the ones that I am facing are:

1) I've asked around and no one is really interested....
2) I'm really busy right now....
3) No one I know will buy anything.....

MSmith said:
How about saying something like: "I totally understand that you're busy right now and since you're a great friend, I know that you're not just saying that to put me off. There are some great specials coming up this summer and I really want you to take advantage of them, so I'll go ahead and mail you those flyers to whet your appetite for a Pampered Chef show and then check back with you in a couple of weeks".

Overcoming Objections TeleclassI took part in the teleclass that has to do with overcoming objections and it was great. I STRONGLY encourage everyone to take those teleclasses. They're free and they're only an hour. YOu can write stuff down like crazy! Granted, it's hard if you work outside the home or have kids running around the house in the background, but you are able to mute everything out so you can listen to at least some of it without the background noise.

There's a neat form you can download off of Consultant's Corner under teleclasses called "Responding to Objections" that allows you to write in answers to all kinds of situations. I don't have time now to go through any of them (the form is blank when you print it up, except for the various situations), but it's a great tool to take to a cluster meeting and have everyone brainstorm about. Or we could do it here on this site. Maybe I'll try to post some common ones when I have more time. It takes practice, I think, to make your responses to peoples' objections sound sincere. At least, it does for me. :)

Hey Becky, I think that's a great idea! I've downloaded that sheet, but because I work during the day I wasn't able to participate in that tele-class. I'd love to complete that worksheet with some assistance.

Any one have an opportunity to attend that tele-class?

This is going to be a long one, because I have been thinking about this for awhile :D

Objections are another opportunity to reinforce what you love about The Pampered Chef...but first, you have to check yourself. What I mean is that I had been struggling to get back into the swing of things after my son was born and felt that I was practically begging for shows. In January & in February, I had 4 shows scheduled in each month (my goal is 4 shows a month) and every single one of them cancelled or rescheduled! Needless to say, I was depressed and felt like a failure. First tip: schedule more shows that you want, that way if any cancel or reschedule- shoot for reschedule- then you're still hitting your mark & if they don't cancel, you get more $$$ and opportunity for bookings, etc. Since my "epiphany", things have really changed and I'm very happy, excited and getting better at this everyday.

Anyway, I decided to get back to the fundamentals...I read about why Doris started this business and realized that this is a GREAT business that offers a FANTASTIC product! I got excited and enthusiastic and really, truly believed that having a Kitchen Show was the best thing that anyone could do for themselves. It MUST be in your voice, your smile, your mannerisms, your subliminal messages that this is true whenever you work at getting bookings.

Another thing that happened around the same time was that I attended a Cooking Show and there were over 1000 people who paid $9 to attend this thing! I was like: WOW, a Kitchen Show is the same thing except better...and with all of these people showing an interest in a cooking school, they shouldn't miss one of my shows! What are the benefits of being a guest at a show? 1) You get to learn a new recipe & taste it before you try it at home. 2) Instead of a whole wall of kitchen tools of different styles & brands, Pampered Chef has done the research & testing for you- the products in the catalog are AWESOME! 3)You can see these products in action, learn how to use them, learn how to take care of them, learn alternative uses for them to maximize your dollar value. 4) You get to "shop from your seat" with a personal consultant. 5) You get to have fun with friends and/or meet new people! Now, who wouldn't want to attend a cooking show with those benefits?

Whenever you talk to people, you are selling yourself when getting someone to book a show (eek, that sounded weird, but you know what I mean) as well as the products...Tell the potential host that your job as a Kitchen Consultant is to work with her/him to have a successful show. All they need to do is invite people (give them any or all of the reasons above, getting them totally pumped up) and buy the food...you will do the rest at the show (sell the product).

As an aside: find out what your strengths and weaknesses are in this business and then, concentrate on your STRENGTHS! That is where success lies...

Believe in the product, Believe in your Business...and people will be drawn to that energy.

okay, off the soap box. I just really needed to share my thoughts on this one. I hope it helps someone as it has helped me!
maria

Objections "Game"I was forwarded this by my director, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.....

After you pass out the door prize slips, tell your guests you are giong to play a little game. Have them turn over their slip and number it 1 - 5.

1. Write the name of 5 of your friends that are not here tonight

2. What one item or grouping did you see that you would really like to have but are NOT purchasing tonight?

3. Which is your favorite when you go out to eat - appetizers, main course or dessert?

4. Which do you prefer? Coffee, tea, punch, margaritas

5. What night of the week is your least hectic?

When everyone is finished writing say, "Now for those of you who have been sitting here thinking you might like to have a show of your own. I want you to know you hav just done the hardest part....

1. Started your list of who to invite

2. Started making a list of all the items you are going to earn for FREE or discounted as a host

3. Started planning the menu and drinks you will serve your friends

4. And you 've even selected the night to have your show!!

The reason this works is because you've answered their objections before they have had a chance to raise them. At least when you talk to each guest, you have planted the seed and it will be a lot easier to get the booking!!

Like I said, I haven't tried this myself. YMMV.

Paula in TN

thanksThanks everyone, your suggestions are really helpful and I am anxious to try some of them. It's so nice having a supportive community like this to bounce ideas of off and get ideas from. Thanks again.

Objections GameThanks for sharing the Objections Game, I'm going to try it at my next show - it sounds fantastic!

I've also tried another game that worked ok. I got one booking out of the show.

I told the guests that we were going to play a game. I passed around a piece of paper that my brother had deisgned for me. On the top it said "Ready....Set....Go" There were also 2 columns of blank lines running down the page.

I told the guests that they had 2 minutes to write the names of as many people, that they could think of. I told them it had to be people they knew.

The prize would go to the person who came up with the highest number of names.

When they were finished I tallied up the names, and gave the person with the most a citrus peeler. I then kept their sheets for when they came to me to complete their orders.

Upon the completion of their orders I handed back their sheet to them. It was only my second show so I didn't have a science down to come right out and ask every person "would you like to have a show?" I only asked the ones that I thought would say yes.

Anyways, when giving their sheet back to them I told them that it was their guest list for when they host their show.

Needs a bit of fine tuning....

Ready, Set, Go...Stephanie,

on your "ready, set, go" game (which sounds really cute)...what if the prize was: a FREE Kitchen Show?

You would provide the ingredients and/or mail out the invitations (or send e-vites) from the list that they created!

maria

1. How can I effectively ask for bookings without sounding pushy or needy?

When approaching potential clients for bookings, it's important to be confident and direct without being pushy. Start by acknowledging their busy schedule and respectfully asking if they would be interested in booking for a specific time frame, such as July. You can also offer alternative options, such as a flexible date or time, to show that you are willing to work with their schedule.

2. What if my friend is too busy to book with me?

If your friend is unable to book with you due to their busy schedule, it's important to respect their decision and not take it personally. You can ask if they would be interested in booking for a future date or if they know anyone who might be interested in your services.

3. How can I overcome objections without being too pushy?

The key to overcoming objections is to listen and understand the other person's concerns. Ask them to elaborate on their objection and offer a solution or alternative that addresses their concerns. Also, be sure to maintain a positive attitude and avoid being pushy or aggressive.

4. Should I continue to follow up with my friend for a booking?

It's important to find a balance between following up and being persistent. If your friend has expressed interest but is currently too busy, it's okay to follow up after some time has passed to see if their schedule has opened up. However, be mindful not to continuously pester them, as this can come across as pushy and may damage your relationship with them.

5. How can I politely remind my friend about my services without being annoying?

A gentle reminder can be effective in reminding your friend about your services. You can send them a friendly message or email, mentioning your services and how they may benefit from them. However, be sure not to constantly remind them or pressure them into booking with you, as this may come across as annoying and may push them away.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
mspibb
  • Tropicalburstqt2
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
flemings99
  • chefsteph07