• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Efficient Packing for On-the-Go Women: Tips and Tricks from Kristin

In summary, Kristin tried packing less and it worked for her. She fit everything in her rolling tote and only brought a grocery bag and her tote. She also took her mom's car to the show.
KCPChef
Hi Ladies!!! I am working on my new packing lists for shows over the next week! my question is that I am going to a smaller bag to make SURE that I only bring what I need!!!! my question is have you tried this and how is it working for you? In looking at the recipes that I typically make, I think that I can scale this down! I ususally pack my tool tool about FULL and only use maybe 5 things out of it! I have some super easy and fast recipes for the spring and summer and was just curious if this was working for any of you!!! Thanks!

-Kristin

I only had one show so far where I tried this. I succeeded in getting it in one bag plus I had a tote bag for all the catalogs and paperwork. It was extremely heavy though. I don't think I'll bring the TTA next time, or I will put it in it's own tote like I usually do. I can bring paperwork and the TTA tote in first, then go back and get my consultant tote or carry-all tote. I'm thinking of trying the Carry all tote next time, too, because the consultant one is heavier on it's own and I tend to hit the door frames as I walk through...:blushing:

ok! Thanks for the feedback!! I always hit the door frame!!! HAHAHA!!! I have a rule where if I cannot bring it in to the house in 1 trip then i cannot bring it at all :) We will see how it works!

I think I would be lost if I did not bring my TTA!!! I love that thing and love to show people how much STUFF fits in it!!

Not me! Two rolling totes! Everything goes in them, spice turnabout, tool turnabout, two DCB, catalogs, pens, calendar, calculator! I watched the video at Spring Launch and thought...sounds good but does not sound like me at all. With shoulder surgery and age, this ol'lady ain't carrying anything on her shoulders! I will wheel 'em in and wheel 'em out!

I have tried to trim down a little since spring launch and have not seen any change in my show totals still averaging around $700.
I take the green spice turn about bag that I earned last fall with the ST on the bottom with my TTA on top.
I then have a case on wheels (my friend gave me that used to sell Creative Memories) which I put everything else in. This way I can make it all in one trip. I have yet to size down to the tote I got with my kit as the one on wheels is padded and I know things are not getting scratched.

I know it is better for recruiting. I carry way too much. I usually forget something! I try to go through the recipe and only take what is needed for but there is always something I need that didn't get a mention in the recipe! It is not that I am afraid to say "I can bring that to your show if you want to see it!" I hate having to use the host's non-PC measuring cup or something because I don't have the PC one! Especially hate it when I need the Measure-all cup and I am scraping peanut butter or something out of a dry measuring cup of the host's! :yuck:

HOw did you do SO many shows in one year. I just want to do 4 a month. How did you get all those bookings?

What are the easy recipes you are making for S/S season?

I'm making the mango confetti salsa and a chicken in the DCB at my shows...

I usually carry three or 4 things with me... my rolling tote with the carry all on top my grocery bag and my tta tote.

After a few emails from my upline and hearing about the pack less carry more, I've decided to give it a shot tonight... well I DID IT!

I fit EVERYTHING in my rolling tote so I'll just have my grocery bag and my tta on my shoulder. I'm quite proud.

I did try to fit it all in my consultant kit tote, but it was just too heavy and awkward to heave ho over my shoulder.

Plus, I'm taking my mom's car tonight to my show... because mine is out of gas and there was supposed to be a gas strike today and I didn't want to go get it. (I have a 16 gallon tank and need premium fuel and $0 left in the weekly budget... won't make that mistake again) Anyways, I wasn't sure how much was going to fit in her car. Now I don't have to worry because I just have 1 bag!

Is the rolling tote hard to lift up from someone's steps into the house? I've heard that the wheels and the handles break easily, so I've held off on buying one. But I tell ya, I'm very tempted...

When I used my rolling tote, I always felt like I was ruining people's threshold and floors, lol. It just banged all around...

I'm one of those who refuses to wash dishes at the host's house. So for those of you taking bags, how are you bringing your stuff at home? Are you washing the products at the host's house? I'm trying to figure out how to carry less too.

Kelly8 said:
I'm one of those who refuses to wash dishes at the host's house. So for those of you taking bags, how are you bringing your stuff at home? Are you washing the products at the host's house? I'm trying to figure out how to carry less too.

I have a milk crate that I bring with me to put all my dirty dishes in as I use them, then all I need to bring into the house when I get home is the crate. I only started doing this about a month ago and I'm so happy with it

Kelly8 said:

I do my dishes at the host's home. (This can be a whole other thread though. Actually...there are several threads where it's been discussed that you can read if you do a search. ;) ) I like to not have to deal with dirty dishes when I come home. I like to know that when I'm back all I would have to do is unpack. Packing up dirty dishes was always tricky for me when I tried. Trying to prevent things from getting scratched on each other, knives, dirty stoneware, etc. When it's clean, I can pack things nice and safely with cookware protectors and in the compartments of the totes.

If you carry less, there will be less to wash at the host's home, too. ;)

I know that some people will line their bags with trash bags and just put everything back in dirty.

babywings76 said:
Is the rolling tote hard to lift up from someone's steps into the house? I've heard that the wheels and the handles break easily, so I've held off on buying one. But I tell ya, I'm very tempted...

I bought one from ebay for $30.00 last year because I was pregnant and knew I wouldn't be able to carry the tote with my belly getting bigger. It was a life saver for sure. I am still using it, but yes it is hard to lift up the stairs and into the house. The handle and wheels are just fine though, no issues there. I may switch back to the tote and carry less, which I think it would end up being easier...So if you can find one cheap, I'd say go ahead, But I wouldn't pay $90 for it.

OK folks, it's Pack Less - SELL More, not Carry More. Sorry, it's been bugging me.

I find the rolling tote to be heavy and awkward. I have a station wagon so I have to lift it in and out of the back, lift up steps into the house or apartment, etc. It's great for doing a booth cuz I get the carrying bag that goes in that system to slide on the top of it.

I'm one who doesn't do dishes at the host's house. I can rinse out the big dish, usually the DCB but sometimes the 12" skillet so that it doesn't get everything else dirty. The dirty tools go into a plastic shopping bag. I always bring a couple of paper towels with me to dry off the cutting board and wrap around knives.

I like to bring the current guest special and the upcoming host special with me. I'm fine with April cuz I'm using the MFP, always have the FC with me, don't like talking about the mandoline, and always have a stainless bowl with me. It's May that's got me a little worried. In the old days, I would make a trifle in addition to my regular recipe to build bookings, but I'm not doing that. I may just bring the HWC products and direct them to the catalog for the other May host options. There will be May hosts who are not interested in HWC so I don't want to make the month all about that, but then again, there are people who would not otherwise host but will do it for HWC.

I will not do my dishes at a hosts house either... by the time I'm done with the demo and orders I just want to get home. On show nights I have the dishwasher empty and waiting for me.

I take one of the HWC reusable shopping bags with me and put my dirties in there. They are washable and it works for me.

As for the rolling tote.... yes indeed the handles and wheels kinda suck (sorry - for lack of better words) However, I find it less awkward to lift it from the handles up a doorstep than the big tote bag. When I carried that I was hunched over to one side, knocking into everything, and practically falling over to put it down.

Honestly, I'm not impressed with how I carry my things and feel like I could do it more efficiently. Just have to keep trying something new.

I wheel my wheeled tote everywhere with no problem. To take in a house, I hold the back strap and pull up the step with the handle. Never had a problem. My back and my shoulders are worth more than schlepping the bags, more than 1, over my shoulder. And I just had shoulder surgery....I am taking less so my bags are lighter BUT will always wheel..... ALWAYS! There is one way to take one bag but that bag has to have every tool you need for recipe, host gift, giveaways, catalogs, order forms, calendar, calculator or laptop if that is what you use...come on...no WAY can it be in one bag that is manageable. I do not like the look of showing up at a doorstep with three bags hanging off my shoulder. Love my wheels!AND, if I am training, all my stuff is cleaned and put away. Training on how to pack bags. If I am alone, I always wash my knives and DCB. Everything else goes in my BIG stainless bowl and goes in the DW when I get home...hubs/son wash for me.

What about wooden floors? I had a friend in college whose parents had wooden floors. I rolled my luggage across them the night before we left for Spring Break, and by the time we returned from Spring Break her parents had their floors redone. They were pissed at me, and I was never really welcome in their home again! That plus I've had a few hosts on the 3rd floor of multi-family homes. Walking up all those stairs with the bag that came in the kit was killer enough.I don't do dishes at hosts homes. I can barely hand wash them at my house without pain... and the one time I tried at a show (my host INSISTED) she had one of those really deep sinks. I felt like I was laying in it head first to do my dishes. By the end I was resting on my forearms to hold me up. I can't imagine ever doing that again! Especially not when so much can just get thrown in the dishwasher, and the other stuff can be piled up next to the sink for the next night when I come home from work. I really don't feel like washing dishes at 10 pm, when I know I have to be up at 5 or 6 am for work.

I repacked my kit for the new season and am so glad I did! It's so much lighter! But I haven't put my DCB in there yet! I am still packing for 3 recipes every season but a couple of them use very few products and I decided to not bring the Salad Berry Spinner for the Asian Cobb Salad.

babywings76 said:

I think for those we live in a more temperate climate, the rolling tote is probably just fine. But, I live in Michigan, and for at least half of the year, we have snow, slush, and mud. All of that gets trapped in the wheels, making it harder to roll, and then there is no way I'd want to drag all of that through the hosts home, so I ended up carrying it from my car to their house most of the time. That thing is HEAVY! It just wasn't worth all of the extra work. I use mine now only for booths and other vendor events.

Regarding wheeling into a host's home - I meet them at door and ask them if it is okay to wheel through their home. One host out of over 100 said no and her husband carried them into the kitchen for me! I have had several just say "let me open the garage and you can wheel right into kitchen". I have done only one three story apartment and we just had fun with two people carrying them up and down. Make it an adventure! That said, I live in New Mexico where most homes are single story or two story and the kitchen is always on the bottom floor. The weather - mostly fine and sunshine most of the time!

if it's a show for a friend i usually wash the dishes there so we can chat...but for others i bring it home....especially if they have small children cause they are wanting to get them to bed.
~carla

On the dish washing subject - my kit always stays packed in my car and even if it didn't I would never get them washed right when I get home. It makes more sense for me to do them at the host's house.

I know this isn't about washing dishes, but....for those of you that say you just want to get home...what do you do between the demo ending and people ordering? My customers usually take some time to flip through the book before they start ordering, so I do my dishes then...I wander around between dishes to answer questions and chat, but I rarely stay late just to finish my dishes...usually I'm waiting for the guests to leave or I leave before they do!

So as I posted yesterday about the rolling tote and how awesome yada yada yada... my show last night.... 2 story ranch and had to carry the sucker up 16 stairs. FAIL! LOL.

PamperedK said:
I know this isn't about washing dishes, but....for those of you that say you just want to get home...what do you do between the demo ending and people ordering? My customers usually take some time to flip through the book before they start ordering, so I do my dishes then...I wander around between dishes to answer questions and chat, but I rarely stay late just to finish my dishes...usually I'm waiting for the guests to leave or I leave before they do!

I watched Mindy Banks from Spring Launch and she said "I leave when I'm done! I'm not there to visit. :D" She said if folks are hanging around and they've already ordered, etc....she just says her goodbyes.

esavvymom said:
I watched Mindy Banks from Spring Launch and she said "I leave when I'm done! I'm not there to visit. :D" She said if folks are hanging around and they've already ordered, etc....she just says her goodbyes.

Oh yeah I don't hang around, but I usually have a bit of time between the end of the demo and when people start ordering, and that's when I do my dishes...

I tried this last night. I brought the bag that came with my kit. We did chicken fajitas in the DCB and salsa in the MFP. I brought only the tools necessary for the recipes. I also brought the 8"sauté pan that came with my kit, to pass around when I talked about cookware.

My show started at 7:30, I was cleaned up/all orders taken by 8:50!!

My SIL was at the show and was super impressed with how little I had and how quick it was. Even my host was impressed, I got my first great recruit lead, and sales were amazing! My average is about $550.00. Last nights show is at $730.00

So I am trying to go with less I am packed for a show tonight and managed to downsize just to the tote that my kit came in (I normally take a little bit bigger tote on wheels only but it has been awkward to carry) I am not using the DCB tonight and am really struggling whether to take it or not. I feel naked with out it I take it everywhere and love the piece? Do you take it if you are not using it? Help me know what you would do?

I do not do dishes at a hosts house. I simply bought a cheapo box of trash bags at the dollar store and I just keep them in my kit and put all of mirty dishes in it, pack it up, bring it home and load the dishwasher. never takes me more than 5 minutes.

PamperedK said:

I know exactly what you mean. When I'm done with the recipe part and they are all eating, chatting, and shopping, I don't want to hover over them. Doing my cleanup gives me something to do and I stop here and there to go back and answer any questions or check people out when they are ready. Most of my hosts insist on helping me dry things and it gives us a chance after the party to talk about following up with people, what's on their wish list, etc. One time I went to a party and brought a big plastic tub to put the dirty dishes in. I was really glad I had that because time flew by and I had to go somewhere right away. The guests were just really chatty during check out and it took a while to get out of there. When they saw me take the tub of dirty dishes and leave they made comments like, "Wow--you packed up fast!" That made me think that I should do that more often, but I don't know...it just never seems to work out that way.

I walked into a show carrying JUST the dcb because I had put the molten peanut butter cake together at home and didn't want it to spill. The person that opened the door was so excited and said THERE IT IS!!! She had seen it in the catalog and loved it! When I was ready to leave I was just going to take the dirty baker home with me and wash it. She said "no way, you clean it here, so I can see how it cleans up" lol. She was sold when she saw how easy it was!

I finish my demo, and start packing up my dirties, then before I am even done with that usually I get my first order. I feel really rushed to get my orders into the computer. I'm not usually ready for orders when the first orders come, and usually it's someone who is racing to get home to relieve the babysitter or whatever. Then all the other orders roll in. Within about 25 minutes of when I finish demoing, I'm done with all my orders. Washing dishes by hand would take a lot longer!

Okay, so I just thought I'd come and post again since doing my party last night. Well, I think I want to come up with a way to transport my dirties safely home for the future. My host didn't want me taking things home dirty and wanted to help me clean them, so we did. We had fun chatting and cleaning up together...but I really was looking at things and wishing I could just go home--for my host's sake. The party was fun and stuff, but they were still partying and visiting and I just felt bad to be there still. I would've liked to see my host have more time w/ her guests. I told her that I'm okay and I feel bad she's not with her guests, but she said that they are still going to be hanging out for a while, so it's okay. But then the whole process of drying things and packing up took a little while, the party did die down and pretty much everyone was leaving the same time as me. I got out of there much later than I would've liked. So, while it's fun to chat w/ my host while doing dishes, it does take too much time for the whole washing/drying/packing process and I think I'm going to always have a way to taking things home dirty if I can.*ETA: The host did only help with the drying of some things, then stacked them and went back to her guests while I finished drying and packing up..so she wasn't doing the whole process with me. That would've made me fell even worse! I think she was fine with it, I just felt bad and need to come up with a better clean up routine/packing up dirty or whatever.

babywings76 said:
Okay, so I just thought I'd come and post again since doing my party last night. Well, I think I want to come up with a way to transport my dirties safely home for the future. My host didn't want me taking things home dirty and wanted to help me clean them, so we did. We had fun chatting and cleaning up together...but I really was looking at things and wishing I could just go home--for my host's sake. The party was fun and stuff, but they were still partying and visiting and I just felt bad to be there still. I would've liked to see my host have more time w/ her guests. I told her that I'm okay and I feel bad she's not with her guests, but she said that they are still going to be hanging out for a while, so it's okay. But then the whole process of drying things and packing up took a little while, the party did die down and pretty much everyone was leaving the same time as me. I got out of there much later than I would've liked. So, while it's fun to chat w/ my host while doing dishes, it does take too much time for the whole washing/drying/packing process and I think I'm going to always have a way to taking things home dirty if I can.

*ETA: The host did only help with the drying of some things, then stacked them and went back to her guests while I finished drying and packing up..so she wasn't doing the whole process with me. That would've made me fell even worse! I think she was fine with it, I just felt bad and need to come up with a better clean up routine/packing up dirty or whatever.

How about my host last night completely ignored me! When the party was over all the guests were drinking cocktails and chatting around the demo table so cleaning up was a difficult task... then after all the orders were in I was trying to leave and the host was just chatting away and everytime I tried to speak up she just went on and on... and on... I got to her house at 6... I left at almost 11.

I'm loving the idea of Packing Less. Not that I ever brought a ton with me. But I always brought my TTA, which I love, but the last few shows, I haven't, and that right there is a huge weight lifted. I strictly now stick with only 1 bag, and its a PC bag, but not any of the black ones, so it's smaller, and I fit everything and only what I need in it. I really only bring what I'm going to use. Except of course my garlic slicer, which I bring to every show and demo carrots in it. People love it and it sells well. Last night I did a show and only demo'ed the pineapple wedger, apple wedger, MFP, DCB (chicken cooked in it prior to show) and just a few other little things, that was it...Had a $1000 show. Brought less, used the catalog more, great results!!!

@ Amanda- If you want to get out of their earlier, you could mention in your host coaching about how; "you just love to Pamper your hosts, you start on time, do a quick demo, pack up (dirty dishes and all, since that is part of your pampering) and then take orders, you close with the host the next day, that way she/he gets to enjoy ALL the benefits of Pampering...she has friends over which she can visit with after the demo, and then can decide which items she wants for free/discounted without feeling rushed"I tried it for the first time on Thursday night. When we started I said "I know everyone has very busy lives, we are going to start now with a quick game and then start the demo. After the demo you can enjoy the Ultimate Chicken Fajitas and I will be checking out in room X. M (the host) has said you are all free to stay and enjoy the party after checkout as well. After I used each item, I gave it a quick rinse (some stayed in the sink), stuck it into my dirty dish bag (I use reusable shopping bags), and moved on. When the demo was over, more than half of my clean up was done. They ate the fajitas and I started check out. I have found in my limited number of shows, there are always guest who just want to get out of there.My host was super impressed with how quickly I set up, did the demo, checked out and cleaned up. She had a PC show a few years ago and she mentioned it 'dragged on forever' the consultant hung around etc. My SIL who drove with me was impressed as well! I am going to keep this up for the next month.

I only have had 1 cooking show since Spring Launch but it was open house and for those I feel like I should bring more. Since I'm not dong a demo. However, when we had our cluster meeting we discussed what was necessary to bring with you to each show and how to carry less. I cannot leave my TTA I would be lost without it! But we discussed bringing TTA but not loading it with everything. Not needing to bring every scraper, 5 quickcut pairing knifes, every piece of bamboo spoon etc! :) So I'm going to start taking someof that stuff out and I can fit the smaller things that I can't fit when it's chock full! LOL

I also have always taken my dishes home to wash. I use a rubbermaid bin and usually have it under table to put dishes in as I use them. I don't like to do dishes at my hosts house but sometimes they've taken it upon themselves and do them before I even realize it so I prefer to have it in my bin! One time my host washed my DCB and used soap! :eek: I typically when doing a demo put dishes in there and then when that's done and people are shopping I will start packing up everything else. But if I pack less I shouldn't have to pack up much! Because all my dirty demo dishes will be in bin, although garbage bags lining my carryall tote I wouldn't have to bring dirty dish bin as well. My next scheduled show is my own at my house so carrying won't be an issue! :)

PamperedK said:

I rarely, if ever, have time between demo and orders. Many of my guests are ready to hand me their order forms the minute the food comes out. I have to ask them to give me a few minutes to clean up my work area (which is usually where I do check out as well) and by the time I do that and then get those early birds taken care of, the rest are lining up.

I also use Walmart/Grocery store bags and simply throw my dirty dishes right into those bags and into my consultant bag. Clean up is in a jiffy then and I don't have to worry about clogging drains of the hosts kitchen and its amazing how many have full garbage cans (grrr) so I throw everything in, even the scraps off of my cutting board and take it home and use the convenience of my own large sink with garbage disposal. THen I load up the dishwasher/handwash what needs to be and then the bag is ready to be packed again.

Nancy Jo Ryan believes you should do dishes at the hosts b/c then you can talk with those who linger and those are often your recruit leads but it just never seems to work out for me. Once I'm done collecting orders I either want to high-tail it out the door or I'm chatting with the host (and not PC related...I simply like to get to know my host and develop that relationship without being all car salesmanish. Guess thats why I suck at recruiting and NJR doesn't. :D

Hi Melissa,

I have found that often times I had dishes to clean as well at the end of order taking. Here are a few quick steps that has changed that and I am out of the house in 90 minutes...generally with pretty clean dishes.

You know when you get to the host' house and she asks is there anything she can do? I used to say, "No, thanks for asking." Now, I say, " Yes, there is. Can you run a sink of hot soapy water so the tools , other than the stones, can be quickly washed after I use them?" Now, I did not ask her to wash them, but about 90% of the time she or another guest will. I of course, thank them and I leave with clean dishes.

The other step I added was at the beginning of the show, I let everyone know what they can expect in the show. "I will be preparing (or we will be preparing if doing hands on) a quick and simple recipe. You will be sampling it no later than 8:00. (if show started at 7:00) I will then calculate the orders. You can place them in a stack that I will do from the bottom to the top. Then go sample the food and visit and I will call you when I am ready for your order. I will take orders from 8:00 to 8:20, at which time I will pull Suzy host aside to let her know where she is so far. Don't worry. If you have not given me your order by then, Suzy will be figuring it for you. The I will clean up, pack up and be out the door by 8:30." This WORKS. The first time I did it without explaining what I was doing, people thought I was snuty, because I was leaving.

I also bring whatever tools I need for the recipe, the Deep Covered Baker and any other 3 things the host has asked to see. Hope this helps!

Brenda

ok- So I had my first show since Pack Less, Sell More!!!! And it was 7 guests, and a $800 party!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!! I ONLY brought what I needed, for the Fabulous Fajitas!!! It was a super hit and I had ONE bag!!!! And it was the bag for the mini kit- which, BTW I love because it has seperators in there for products! What a great idea!!!

Anyways- So it really worked and no one asked about anything... that I didn't have. I simply referred them to the catalog!!!!! :) LOVE IT :)

can we buy the bag for the mini kit?
congrats on a good show and I"ll be doing this for my next show

I think the mini kit uses the Carry-All bag, right?

babywings76 said:
I think the mini kit uses the Carry-All bag, right?

As far as I know, (in Canada) they get shopping bags, not the Carry-All...but the Carry-All would be a great bag for this kit.

PamperedK said:
As far as I know, (in Canada) they get shopping bags, not the Carry-All...but the Carry-All would be a great bag for this kit.

In the flyer on consultants corner (in usa) they do get the carry-all tote

I just got back from my show and I took one PC Crate (the old ones), and I had my "31" medium utility tote bag with my papers/catalogs, and a reusable PC Grocery bag that had my tablecloth, apron, and the cooler with a few of my pre-made recipe items. That was it! Normally, I had 2 crates, and 1-2 of the grocery bags, plus my paper/catalog tote. I made the Mango Confetti Salsa, and had already made most of the things for the Cool & Crunch Chicken Taco salad. My host had the DCB, so I had asked her to precook the chicken in that before I arrived, so I didn't have to lug my DCB.Sales are at $426 right now, but she has at least 4 orders she knows she's getting in the next couple of days from folks she hasn't synced up with yet. There were 4 buying guests (1 had her mom and husband too, but it was one order), plus the host. All four of them spent over $60! I've never had that happen for sure.I was happy. And I felt the salsa recipe was an easy interactive demo. I also did the Queen of the Shopper's game for awhile- and that was fun! A couple of those ladies were competitive for the Season's Best that I was giving away- and one of them already had it! She just wanted to win. :) It seemed to get a little long, but still fun- and an easy way for ME to introduce the new products and talk about them a little.Anyway - I was happy with it...especially considering how long it's been since I've done a real show. (It helped that I've been with these folks before too.)OH -and the other bonus to packing less. I was late getting to the host's house. I was shooting for 10:30am (show started at 11:00am). I got there at 10:45 because GPS sent me to the wrong house. But I unloaded fast (one load), and set up quickly. I was ready at 11, and started at 11:06. :D Packing up was just as easy. Host ran a sink of soapy water- I washed, while they ate and shopped, then I did orders, packed and was ready to go. Two hours start to finish and I was in the car. WOW. A first there too!

esavvymom said:
I just got back from my show and I took one PC Crate (the old ones), and I had my "31" medium utility tote bag with my papers/catalogs, and a reusable PC Grocery bag that had my tablecloth, apron, and the cooler with a few of my pre-made recipe items. That was it! Normally, I had 2 crates, and 1-2 of the grocery bags, plus my paper/catalog tote.

I made the Mango Confetti Salsa, and had already made most of the things for the Cool & Crunch Chicken Taco salad. My host had the DCB, so I had asked her to precook the chicken in that before I arrived, so I didn't have to lug my DCB.

Sales are at $426 right now, but she has at least 4 orders she knows she's getting in the next couple of days from folks she hasn't synced up with yet. There were 4 buying guests (1 had her mom and husband too, but it was one order), plus the host. All four of them spent over $60! I've never had that happen for sure.

I was happy. And I felt the salsa recipe was an easy interactive demo. I also did the Queen of the Shopper's game for awhile- and that was fun! A couple of those ladies were competitive for the Season's Best that I was giving away- and one of them already had it! She just wanted to win. :) It seemed to get a little long, but still fun- and an easy way for ME to introduce the new products and talk about them a little.

Anyway - I was happy with it...especially considering how long it's been since I've done a real show. (It helped that I've been with these folks before too.)

OH -and the other bonus to packing less. I was late getting to the host's house. I was shooting for 10:30am (show started at 11:00am). I got there at 10:45 because GPS sent me to the wrong house. But I unloaded fast (one load), and set up quickly. I was ready at 11, and started at 11:06. :D Packing up was just as easy. Host ran a sink of soapy water- I washed, while they ate and shopped, then I did orders, packed and was ready to go. Two hours start to finish and I was in the car. WOW. A first there too!

That's sounds terrific! I love that salad, and adding the salsa in is so easy, since they have many of the same ingredients! Congrats on a great show!

I so want to simplify! Still looking for the right thing for me! I have the rolling tote and ONLY use it for booths now! OH MY GOSH! Even the EMPTY tote is heavy! Stairs, rocks, gravel, snow, slush... ya no way! Been there done with that! I am all about anything with wheels... but it has got to be much lighter and easier to use... I have been using one of the fold up carts from Office stores... Not totally happy but much better than the big tote...
As for washing dishes at the show... Well I "prefer" to wash there and take home clean... The main reason is when they are packed and clean.. I KNOW I have everything.. When I take them home dirty... it is very easy to "forget" something! YUP! Been there done that too!

<h2>1. What are some tips for efficient packing for on-the-go women?</h2><p>Some tips for efficient packing include making a list of essential items, packing versatile clothing pieces, and using packing cubes or compression bags to maximize space.</p><h2>2. How can downsizing to a smaller bag help with packing for on-the-go women?</h2><p>Downsizing to a smaller bag can help ensure that you only bring what you truly need. It can also make it easier to stay organized and avoid overpacking.</p><h2>3. Have you tried downsizing to a smaller bag for your shows?</h2><p>Yes, I have tried downsizing to a smaller bag for my shows and it has worked well for me. I found that I was able to bring everything I needed without feeling weighed down by a larger bag.</p><h2>4. How many items do you typically use from your tool tool bag during a show?</h2><p>I usually only use about 5 items from my tool tool bag during a show. This is why downsizing to a smaller bag has been helpful for me.</p><h2>5. Do you have any fast and easy recipes that are perfect for spring and summer shows?</h2><p>Yes, I have some super easy and fast recipes that are perfect for spring and summer shows. Downsizing to a smaller bag has allowed me to bring these recipes and the necessary tools without feeling overwhelmed. </p>

1. What are some tips for efficient packing for on-the-go women?

Some tips for efficient packing include making a list of essential items, packing versatile clothing pieces, and using packing cubes or compression bags to maximize space.

2. How can downsizing to a smaller bag help with packing for on-the-go women?

Downsizing to a smaller bag can help ensure that you only bring what you truly need. It can also make it easier to stay organized and avoid overpacking.

3. Have you tried downsizing to a smaller bag for your shows?

Yes, I have tried downsizing to a smaller bag for my shows and it has worked well for me. I found that I was able to bring everything I needed without feeling weighed down by a larger bag.

4. How many items do you typically use from your tool tool bag during a show?

I usually only use about 5 items from my tool tool bag during a show. This is why downsizing to a smaller bag has been helpful for me.

5. Do you have any fast and easy recipes that are perfect for spring and summer shows?

Yes, I have some super easy and fast recipes that are perfect for spring and summer shows. Downsizing to a smaller bag has allowed me to bring these recipes and the necessary tools without feeling overwhelmed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
hselby87
  • tvoss007
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Deb Bixler
  • Intrepid_Chef