• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hey Guys! My Husband for V Day Brought Home a Dozen Long Stem Red

In summary, Kearstin's husband brought home a new printer, scanner, and copier, and she is happy with it. She says that it is a good printer and that it prints all of her specials. Another woman says that her HP printer is bad on ink, and she has to replace it often.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
Hey guys! My husband for V day brought home a dozen long stem red roses and a bunch of Tulips from my kiddies. Well, he asked me what kind of jewelry I wanted and honestly, I don't need any. So, yesterday he asked me what I had planned for the day. I had to pick his shirts up from the dry cleaners and I told him I needed a black ink cartridge for the printer so I could print receipts.

Well, he said to go to Bestbuy.com and check out the printer combo that they have clearanced. So, I go and he told me to go buy it!!! :D I've been wanting a combo like that for 6 months and just haven't done it but he came home from work and installed but now I need to get a longer telephone line for the fax machine. I really want to go get it today so I can send in my ALcatraz tour form.

Do you guys have one and if so, what are your thoughts on it???:confused:

Yeah, send it that form already so we can be on the same tour! Maybe you should write a little note on there to make sure we get on the same one. :)

I've got two of 'em, and I'll never buy one again - at least, any one of them that are made by Hewlett-Packard. One of them is so far out of alignment that color printing is useless. The other one prints and copies okay, but the scanning software is not very good. I used it in my (now closed) office as a good fax machine, but who faxes anymore?Oh, HP stopped making both of them shortly after I bought them. I hate owning orphans.

I bought the HP 3055 a couple of months ago and I like it. So far, no problems.

I love my HP 1210 all-in-one!! It is outdated now, and has been restyled, etc...but I LOVE it :)

I have an EPSON Stylus CX3810. It's a printer, scanner, copier. I like it EXCEPT... it DRINKS the ink up! At least it seems like to me. Black cartridges only last 2 - 3 weeks. I pretty much always keep it set on text & image, which is the middle selection. AND to make matters worse, they absolutely NEVER have the black ink in the military exchanges over here. I have had to drive an hour away to find an exchange with the black ink. I had a Canon PIXMA that was just a printer and I LOVED it! The ink seemed to last forever and it was WAY CHEAPER!

I'm curious to hear everyone's opinions/experiences.

That's why the all-in-ones are so cheap - they make their money on the ink cartridges.

I have the HP 2575. It doesn't have the fax machine, which is fine by me. I've heard horror stories from people who say they get spammed all the time by fax and all hours of the night. (We do here at work.) It's a waste of paper on your end if they get ahold of your fax number.

Anywho....as for the HP2575. I love that it's Multi-function, but I hate it. It's constantly gives me errors because for some reason it won't feed the paper. I can't wait til I can afford to buy a new one!

Tammi, I noticed your signature and thought I would let you know that you can find out what wave you are in by knowing who your ED is. If you don't know who your ED is, look at your commision statement on CC and s/he should be listed on the statement near the top. Once you know who that is, look at page 14 of the November issue of Consultant News and find your ED's name in one of the three waves.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/nov06_cn.pdf

I didn't know what wave I was (I'm probably not going to conference this year anyway :( , but...) until I got some help from the wonderful Cheffers on here!

HTH,
Kearstin

We just bought one 2 weeks ago. Canon Pixma MP830. Its REALLY kewl! One of the things I like is if you want to copy both sides, it does it! We got it through www.newegg.com DH really does his homework before we buy any electronic. On this site ours was 259.00 with tax & shipping free!! I just saw the same one in best buy on sale for 299.99....:D HTH;)

My HP1210 scanner, copier, printer isn't bad on ink at all, and works pretty well! I print all of my host and guest specials off of it..and only have replaced it once since I began in September!

Now I was thinking of one but do you ladies use the fax part for PC all that much? I like my printer but I wasn't sure about the fax part.

I have a Canon mp530 and am loving it... I like that the Canon has individual ink tanks so that you replace each color as they run out... not the whole cartidged just because for example... yellow is gone.

SilverCeladon said:
Now I was thinking of one but do you ladies use the fax part for PC all that much? I like my printer but I wasn't sure about the fax part.

Nope...don't use it all all. I do have eFax set up, so that if I needed it, I could use it for free though.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I've got two of 'em, and I'll never buy one again - at least, any one of them that are made by Hewlett-Packard. One of them is so far out of alignment that color printing is useless. The other one prints and copies okay, but the scanning software is not very good. I used it in my (now closed) office as a good fax machine, but who faxes anymore?

Oh, HP stopped making both of them shortly after I bought them. I hate owning orphans.

What models do you have? They made some very good ones and some very bad ones...mine I love, but we've had others here at work that were useless.

Also, I've always loved HPs but they've "cheapened" the home use ones and they are awful...you need to get the middle to high end ones to have a good printer now - unlike before when all lasted a long time...and who has $ for that?

PampMomof3 said:
Hey guys! My husband for V day brought home a dozen long stem red roses and a bunch of Tulips from my kiddies. Well, he asked me what kind of jewelry I wanted and honestly, I don't need any. So, yesterday he asked me what I had planned for the day. I had to pick his shirts up from the dry cleaners and I told him I needed a black ink cartridge for the printer so I could print receipts.

Well, he said to go to Bestbuy.com and check out the printer combo that they have clearanced. So, I go and he told me to go buy it!!! :D I've been wanting a combo like that for 6 months and just haven't done it but he came home from work and installed but now I need to get a longer telephone line for the fax machine. I really want to go get it today so I can send in my ALcatraz tour form.

Do you guys have one and if so, what are your thoughts on it???:confused:

WOW - can your husband train my husband? Oh wait, I don't give him an allowance to be able to do all that! :) At least I know he loves me just as much without the flowers!

jenniferknapp said:
My HP1210 scanner, copier, printer isn't bad on ink at all, and works pretty well! I print all of my host and guest specials off of it..and only have replaced it once since I began in September!

No way! That is incredible to me!! I think I may need to start doing my homework to get a more economical one!

Thanks.
kearstin said:
Tammi, I noticed your signature and thought I would let you know that you can find out what wave you are in by knowing who your ED is. If you don't know who your ED is, look at your commision statement on CC and s/he should be listed on the statement near the top. Once you know who that is, look at page 14 of the November issue of Consultant News and find your ED's name in one of the three waves.

https://www.pamperedchef.com/images/cc/us/pdf/nov06_cn.pdf

I didn't know what wave I was (I'm probably not going to conference this year anyway :( , but...) until I got some help from the wonderful Cheffers on here!

HTH,
Kearstin

Yeah....I haven't gotten my first commission check yet though. :p It's not really a big deal. My director sent out an email that said something about national conference being July 12-14th. I'm guessing that would be 3rd wave? Thanks for the info though.

I have the Epson Stylus Photo RX500 and we love it. I like only changing 1 color at a time.....Stoneware special Months I go through a lot of Magenta!! We have an HP too but we hardly use it. On the Epson the only feature we don't use alot is the FAX. We use the copier alot for receipts. The commissary receipts fade after a few months.

hoosierchef said:
Yeah....I haven't gotten my first commission check yet though. :p It's not really a big deal. My director sent out an email that said something about national conference being July 12-14th. I'm guessing that would be 3rd wave? Thanks for the info though.

That is Wave 2 which is my wave!!!

Okay, we got the HP all in one 6210 series. So far, I love it! I had 30 receipts printed in less than a minute!!!:D

I have a Lexmark x6170. It's not bad. Only have had one problem with a printer cartridge--but took it back to office depot got a new one and no problems. Ink isnt gobbled but it doesn't last as long as my old hp.

I use the fax on mine. I dont have a dedicated line so i dont get spammed with faxes, i just use my home phone line. and only set the printer up to accept a fax when i know one is coming. and i fax more than i thought i would. things to home office, things for insurance claims, house financing type stuff, etc. it's soooo much easier to use it once in awhile than to have to lug everybody out for a simple fax that costs $1 a page at least!!!!

I have a HP Office Jet d145 (no longer available) that is an all in one that does, faxing, scanning, printing and copying and has photo card slots. Until the duplex thing broke I used to be able to print double sided very easily. I love it (the scanner is so, so and I don't use it that much). I have it hooked up to my home phone line and love being able to fax when I need to without going out and spending money having it done. Granted I don't fax much for PC but do for other things and organization work that I do.

I love my all in one! I have an HP 2110. I got it almost 4 years ago right after I started my business and is still going strong! It does not have Fax but wish it did. I don't need it alot but it would be nice to have.

I have really beat on mine and I have always loved how it prints. I do lots of PC and personal stuff. Even photos (they aren't perfect but very good).

I have found that if I am careful with my print settings I can make my ink last alot longer. Also when it prompts that the black ink is almost empty I can cancel / ignor the warning at least 2 times before it actually runs out. With the Color I can cancel / ignor the warning at least once.

If you go thru our pampered Perks Office Depot has the best deal on ink I have found. I did alot of price comparisons a while back. I used to get my ink at Sams.

If I had to get a new all in one I would definetly look for one with individual color ink tanks.

Our Perk with Office Depot does give the best price on my HP ink and I have only been using them for that right now and have it delivered ( I don't have an Office Depot near me). Usually it is next day delivery and I love that it is free!

I also can get a few more printing jobs on my HP too after the warnings start and then I know in the meantime to order more ink.

I agree that the next machine I get I will try to get the color tanks so I only replace the one that I have to and not because one color is out and the others have plenty.

Ink is how these companies are making money and can afford to sell the printers cheap these days.

sounds like you're in wave 2
hoosierchef said:

my group is in wave 1 and i want to go sooo badly, but not sure, we would be going 7/9-7/11.

liz

I want one too, our Lexmark printer that came with our desktop package is old and was cheap to begin with. I was looking at the Brother things, because their cartridges are cheap(er) for one, and the colors are separate, which I appreciate because I always run out of one color before the other...

So, anyone? Any experience with the Brothers? My sewing machine is a Brother and I LOVE it!

Hey Kim,

I'm sorry I have no experience with Brother products at all.

[/QUOTE]So, anyone? Any experience with the Brothers? My sewing machine is a Brother and I LOVE it![/QUOTE]

When I am looking to buy any "tech" items I go to http://www.cnet.com/

They have reviews on just about everything. The reviews are done by profesionals and consumers.

The info I have found here has helped me imensely!

Last edited:
speedychef said:
So, anyone? Any experience with the Brothers? My sewing machine is a Brother and I LOVE it!

They have reviews on just about everything. The reviews are done by profesionals and consumers.

etteluap70PC said:

I totally agree...they are THE BEST!!!!

1. What kind of jewelry did you want for Valentine's Day?

As a scientist, I do not have personal preferences for jewelry. However, it is common for people to exchange gifts such as jewelry on Valentine's Day as a symbol of love and affection.

2. What did you have planned for Valentine's Day?

As a scientist, I do not have personal plans for Valentine's Day. However, it is common for people to make plans for the day, such as going out for a romantic dinner or spending quality time with loved ones.

3. What is the Bestbuy.com printer combo you mentioned?

The Bestbuy.com printer combo is a printer that comes with additional features, such as a scanner and copier, at a discounted price.

4. Do you have any thoughts on the printer combo?

As a scientist, I cannot provide a personal opinion on the printer combo. However, it is important to do research and read reviews from other users before making a purchase decision.

5. Do you have any recommendations for a longer telephone line for the fax machine?

As a scientist, I do not have specific recommendations for a longer telephone line for a fax machine. However, it is important to ensure that the telephone line is compatible with the fax machine and has good quality for sending and receiving faxes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef