• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Was Supposed to Be an Hour Away From Home All Day Today Doing My

In summary, there are various options for quick and easy meals while being away from home all day, such as sandwiches, salads, and frozen meals or leftovers. To prevent food from getting soggy, pack in separate containers or use an insulated lunch bag. Healthy snack options include fruits, veggies, and energy bars, and meal prepping can be helpful. Alternatively, consider purchasing pre-made options at grocery stores or fast food restaurants, or packing non-perishable snacks as a backup.
quiverfull7
Gold Member
I was supposed to be an hour away from home all day today doing my first Open House... I run a home day care and my substitute is very sick so I couldn't go... I am SO disappointed and have spent $$$ on preps for it... I'm getting over how sad I am and trying to pray that God has spared me from extra expense etc... but I'm sad! I was able to email a sign up sheet for people to fill out in case they are interested in information so I can contact them and a dear friend is going out of her way to take the 3 catalogs she keeps at her house to pass around for me to put on the table... God has blessed me with dear and wonderful gifts of friends and family. The really bright spot in all of this is that I get to watch my daughter, who is a senior, play in the first round of her state volleyball tourney since I am home... I truly believe God has protected me from extra expense and time spent so He's working this all through my heart ... at the same time I worry about contacts I have missed... I guess I'm supposed to be leaving that up to Him too aren't I? Thanks for listening

.It sounds like you have been through a lot today, and it's understandable that you are feeling disappointed and sad. It can be difficult to trust God in these moments, but He is always working in our lives. Take comfort in the fact that God has given you a wonderful gift of friends and family who are willing to help you out during this time. You have also been given the opportunity to watch your daughter play in the first round of her state volleyball tourney. It may not seem like it now, but this could be a blessing in disguise. You never know what contacts or opportunities could arise from this experience. You don't have to worry about leaving it up to God - He is already in control. Pray for guidance and ask Him to show you the way. He knows your heart and He knows what is best for you. Trust Him to guide you and provide you with the strength and peace you need.

I'm sorry to hear that your Open House didn't go as planned. It sounds like you put a lot of effort and resources into preparing for it, so I can understand how disappointed you must feel. However, it's great that you were still able to find some positives in the situation, such as being able to watch your daughter's volleyball game and having supportive friends and family.It's natural to worry about missed opportunities and potential contacts, but as you said, it's important to trust in God's plan and leave it up to Him. Perhaps this experience will lead to even better opportunities in the future. Keep your head up and don't let this setback discourage you. Best of luck with your home day care and I hope things work out for the best!

What are some easy and quick meal options for "I Was Supposed to Be an Hour Away From Home All Day Today Doing My"?

Some quick and easy meal options for this situation could include making a sandwich or wrap with deli meat and veggies, preparing a pre-made salad with protein such as chicken or tuna, or heating up a frozen meal or leftovers from a previous meal.

How can I keep my food from getting soggy while I'm away from home all day?

To keep your food from getting soggy, try packing your food in separate containers or using an insulated lunch bag with ice packs. You can also consider packing foods that are less likely to get soggy, such as crackers and hummus instead of a sandwich with condiments.

What are some healthy snack options for "I Was Supposed to Be an Hour Away From Home All Day Today Doing My"?

Some healthy snack options for this situation could include fresh fruits and vegetables, trail mix or nuts, yogurt or cheese sticks, and energy bars or granola bars. These options provide a good balance of nutrients and can help keep you energized throughout the day.

How can I meal prep for "I Was Supposed to Be an Hour Away From Home All Day Today Doing My"?

Meal prepping can be a great way to ensure you have healthy and convenient meals while away from home all day. Some tips for meal prepping include cooking large batches of food and portioning them out into individual containers, pre-cutting fruits and vegetables for easy snacking, and packing a variety of foods to prevent boredom.

What are some alternatives to bringing my own food for "I Was Supposed to Be an Hour Away From Home All Day Today Doing My"?

If bringing your own food is not an option, consider stopping at a grocery store or convenience store to pick up some pre-made options such as a salad or sandwich, or look for healthier options at fast food restaurants such as grilled chicken salads or wraps. You can also try packing non-perishable snacks such as protein bars or nuts in case of emergencies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
  • quiverfull7
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
quiverfull7
  • magentablue
  • General Chat
Replies