• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Bedrest and Baby Guesses: Celebrating My Birthday at Home!

In summary, the speaker had some spotting and has been put on bed rest for 2 weeks to ensure the health of both the twins and herself. She shares that her birthday is coming up but she won't be able to do anything due to the bed rest. She mentions that the heart rates of the twins were checked and one is 165 and the other is 157, causing people to guess that they might be girls. She also shares a funny story about her husband's reaction to her previous foot surgery. The speaker then suggests ways to pass the time on bed rest, such as addressing Christmas cards and making customer care calls. Other individuals chime in with their own experiences and offer words of encouragement. The speaker expresses gratitude for the prayers and
Kattyschack
Gold Member
So yesterday I had some spotting and so they checked me out and my bleed has gotten bigger and since they want to make sure that I am ok as well as the twins, I am now on bed rest for 2 weeks. My birthday is Friday and I can't do a thing! We did get the heart rate yesterday for the first time. One is 165 and the other is 157. My girlfriend said that they must be girls b/c of their rates. Guess we will find out in 7 months since we don't want to know what we are having. In the meantime, all the guesses from people so far and what they are based on have been fun to listen to.

Sorry so long, I am sitting at home on the couch bored out of my mind!:rolleyes:

Well sorry to hear your on bedrest...however, look at the bright side, you will have to be waited on hand and foot! That's a pretty good birthday present if you ask me!!

A funny story:
I had foot surgery a few years ago and DH was so overwhelmed he left for a few hours to go see a movie. He said the next time I have the other foot done, HIRE A NURSE! LOL It was comical, and I know he didn't mean it , but I couldn't even walk to the bathroom! But it was nice while it lasted! ;)

Sorry to hear about the spotting. Take advantage of the bed rest while you can, because once those twins are born, you are D - U - N, dun! :).

Do you have your Christmas cards done yet? You could address those while in bed. You can make customer care calls, too! Have a bed-side sale!

Take care and get some rest.

Sorry to hear about your bed rest hopefully your two weeks will go smoothly and fast for you. Just don't over do when it is over since christmas is coming up. You could take up reading or even coloring haha just kidding I hope you start to feel better soon and the twins are okay from here on out.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh why is it when you can't sit down on the couch for two weeks you want to and when you are stuck on the couch or in bed you just want to do something!

So sorry to hear about your spotting. I'll be praying for you and your twins.

I'm guessing girls too:)!

My BFs cousin had all of the signs of a girl, but the ultrasound says boy! good luck, I'd die if I had to lay on the couch for two weeks even though I am ready for a break, that is a long time!

I was on bedrest with my last pregnancy for 5 weeks! At first I thought I was going to go crazy but it was actually really nice. Because once those kiddos come you will never have a peaceful moment. I don't mean for that to sound negative but honestly, ENJOY IT!

I enjoyed reading my bible, praying, listening to quiet, resting and watching Food Network DVD's that my hubby ordered for me on eBay (Paula Deen and Alton Brown my favorites).

I pray that you will feel better and enjoy your bedrest. Besides it will be worth it to have those healthy babies!! This is my sixth pregnancy and I am taking it easy! Well as easy as possible with 5 kids, homeschooling and running a household! HA HA HA My hubby is great and the naps are wonderful!

Debbie :D

I am on my 4th week of bed rest and will be out next week also. Will I ever make it back to school? I have found out that some of my first graders don't want to go back to school till I go back....How can I not be sad! I sure miss them!!!

You must be getting sooo restless!!! Hang in there.

So sorry you are still on bed rest. I hope you get to get up on your feet soon.

I don't know how I missed this thread before. Take care. You'll be in my prayers. Yes, sadness is probably pretty common in your situation. Just remember that rest is something you'll crave after that little one arrives.

I was on bedrest for 11 weeks at the end of my pregnancy...not fun at all, but SO worthwhile because I looked at every single day as one that was helping the kids. I definitely had "down" days, where I was really bummed out. But DH was good about keeping water stocked in a cooler next to the couch. The doctor told me drinking lots of water is what actually made the difference for me. :) DH also helped me find movies to watch and things like that. Someone on this thread already said it, but let me repeat...get lots of rest now while you can because once those kids are here, you won't get much for a while! :) Bless you and your growing family, and take care of yourself! Keep us posted on how you're doing.

ETA: Following from what Diane posted below me, I wanted to offer my sympathies, too...we're going to add you to our prayer list, so you'll have some extra prayer power.

Last edited:
Kattyschack, I just read the other thread telling us you lost one of the twins. I'm very sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you!

So sorry you lost one of your twins - keeping good thoughts for the rest of your pregnancy. When I was pregnant with my daughter (my 3rd and last child) - I went in early for an ultrasound since I had suffered a miscarriage the year before. They did the ultrasound and determined I had been pregnant with twins but one had been lost. I wouldn't have even known had I not gone in for the early ultrasound. I definitely had mixed feelings - you're happy that your baby is healthy but sad cause the other one didn't make it. My pregnancy went smoothly and I delivered a 9 lb 4 oz baby girl - a wonderful blessing - couldn't imagine my life without her! I will keep you in my prayers.

I hope that you are well enough to get off of bed rest soon -- I'll be thinking of you! So far I've avoided bed rest, but have been warned to expect it down the road.Good tip on the water, I KNOW I'm not drinking enough and am trying to figure out how to get more in (when I was preg. with my daughter it was easy because I was sitting at a desk all day -- now I'm chasing a 2 1/2 year old and it's not so easy to remember to drink!)Keep us informed (and I too am very sorry for your loss as I posted in the other thread).

1. What is "Bedrest and Baby Guesses: Celebrating My Birthday at Home!"?

"Bedrest and Baby Guesses: Celebrating My Birthday at Home!" is a virtual event hosted by Pampered Chef that celebrates expecting mothers who are currently on bedrest. It includes fun games, prizes, and opportunities to connect with other moms-to-be.

2. How do I participate in "Bedrest and Baby Guesses: Celebrating My Birthday at Home!"?

To participate, you can register for the event on the Pampered Chef website. Once registered, you will receive a link to join the virtual event on the designated date and time. You can also invite friends and family to join in on the fun!

3. Is there a cost to participate in "Bedrest and Baby Guesses: Celebrating My Birthday at Home!"?

No, there is no cost to participate in the event. It is completely free for expecting mothers on bedrest.

4. What kind of games can I expect at "Bedrest and Baby Guesses: Celebrating My Birthday at Home!"?

The event will include fun and interactive games such as "Baby Guess Who", "Name That Lullaby", and "Nursery Rhyme Riddles". There will also be opportunities to win prizes throughout the event.

5. Can I participate in "Bedrest and Baby Guesses: Celebrating My Birthday at Home!" if I am not on bedrest?

While the event is specifically designed for expecting mothers on bedrest, anyone can join in on the celebration and games. However, only expecting mothers on bedrest will be eligible for the prizes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikked
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
Replies