• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How does it feel to have your oldest home from Iraq?

In summary, a family celebrates the homecoming of their oldest son who has returned from serving in Iraq. He is in good physical condition and has some challenges to overcome, but his family is immensely proud of him and thankful for his safe return. Many people express their joy and gratitude for his service and sacrifice, and the soldier himself thanks God for his strength during his time in hell. The family is grateful for the outpouring of support and appreciation from others and the soldier's wife is happy to have her husband back home.
ihavethetools
My oldest is home from Iraq!!!!
They arrived yesterday, two days early! We knew a day ahead of time they'd be early. :)
He's all whole on the outside. Looks great! Got some things to overcome, understandably so. Did an outstanding job with him and 17 other Security Forces of the 121st ARW out of Rickenbacker National Guard base in Ohio.
We're majorly proud of him and so thankful that he's home!!!

Kris

That is WONDERFUL!!! Enjoy every minute with him & tell him people like myself are SO VERY PROUD of him.....:cool:

That is FANTASTIC Kris! Tell him that we are SO proud of HIM and his friends! :D

I am so happy for you and your family!!! Is he home for good?

I'm so happy for you, that he made it home safe & sound!

Rejoicing with you - and so thankful to God that he made it home safely....your heart must be overflowing with joy right now!

I am sooooo happy for you. Give him a big hug and never let go. :)

Enjoy every minute with him and GET OFF of this site!! Lol:)

SO happy for you. Please tell him THANK YOU from my whole family... for what he has done and how proud we are of our military forces! God Bless..have FUN!

I am so happy for you! It really is a blessing!

Woo Hoo - welcome home!! Tell him we are ALL so proud of him and thankful for all he does!

Thank God! I'm sure you breathed a sigh of relief. . .I did and I don't know your son!

I am glad he is back safe and sound!!!

I am so happy for you! Do me a favor and THANK HIM for all of us!!

I'm so happy for you! I can not imagine what it would be like to have someone I love over there!

Give him a big thank you fom my family!

The soldier stood and faced God, Which must always come to pass.
He hoped his shoes were shining, Just as brightly as his brass. "Step forward now, you soldier,
How shall I deal with you? Have you always turned the other cheek?
To My Church have you been true?" The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
"No, Lord, I guess I ain't. Because those of us who carry guns,
Can't always be a saint. I've had to work most Sundays, And at times my talk was tough.
And sometimes I've been violent, Because the world is awfully rough.
But, I never took a penny, That wasn't mine to keep...
Though I worked a lot of overtime, When the bills got just too steep.
And I never passed a cry for help, Though at times I shook with fear.
And sometimes, God, forgive me, I've wept unmanly tears.
I know I don't deserve a place, Among the people here.
They never wanted me around, Except to calm their fears. If you've a place for me here, Lord,
It needn't be so grand. I never expected or had too much,
But if you don't, I'll understand." There was a silence all around the throne,
Where the saints had often trod. As the soldier waited quietly,
For the judgment of his God. "Step forward now, you soldier,
You've borne your burdens well. Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
You've done your time in Hell."

Please say THANK YOU to your boy for the outstanding job he did in defending our great nation. Although many of his brotheren never made it home, he had a guardian angel at his side and now he is safe within his mothers reach, the best place on earth to be.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Give him a BIG HUG!! Time is such a precious thing. Tel him we are all proud of him for being over in Iraq and he should be proud of himself too.

Yea! I'm so happy for both of you. Please extend my thanks for his service.

Thank you for raising such a young man willing to give his life for others. That shows his strength and your strength and courage. So, Thank you both!!!!!

Please add my family's thanks to this! I am so happy for you that he is home safe and sound. Enjoy him!

Oh Darby, Amen to that!!!
And you left me in a big sob of tears!

You all are great. Thank you for your appreciation, I will pass your words on to him.
You're poem is so true Darby, he's done his time in hell. Now he holds his beautiful wife close and is enjoying a sunny day at home, shopping (his wife's favorite past time, LOL).
While he was gone she moved them in to their home that was being built before he left.

Last night when he got off the bus I told Sarah my daughter in law, 'There he is Sarah, Go get HIM!" She blurted out when she saw him and what was in his hands, "HE GOT ME FLOWERS!!!!"
She's a great girl, did great while he was gone, even though towards the end she was at her breaking point. All 95 lb and 4'11" of her little blond headed head stood strong. She never gave in to imaginary IF's and was able to joke with him when he called to make him laugh, and he her. It was always a joy to hear her on the phone with him as she'd always be joking with him, and I could tell he would be with her.

He's only 24 and has seen more than many of us ever will (and many of us EVER want to). But the growth that he's done in six months, the appreciation he has for life is evident in his eyes, and his smile.

LOL, I told them I need the pictures that were taken of their reunion kiss...they could be famous. LOL
It was great!

I called his cell phone just now, laughing and telling him I hadn't been able to do that in awhile so had to call and bug him.

The hardest thing of the night was that my dh his dad was not able to be there and he was really upset about it. He was in California and Phil got home two days earlier than we anticipated.

Oh, don't know if or when Phil will be deployed again. He's National Guard and will be going back to his civilian job in a month...and then he will be deciding if he wants to reup after six years or not (I think he's going to...it's so much a part of his life, he just is concerned about being shipped away when they have a family).

Thanks again fellow cheffers.

Kris

Proud mom of an Airman and a StSgt of the US Air Force!

Kirs,

I'm so glad your son is home and safe!! I'm retired AF myself and my husband is still on active duty.

ALSO, I'm from Mt Vernon, right up the road! My uncle is actually in the active Army Guard and I think he works out of Rickenbacher also.

Give your son a hug for me from a fellow Airman!

Last edited:
Praise God for keeping him safe to return to his family. I have such reverence for those who serve. Thanks to to him, as well as his entire family for what you all have endured as well!

((((((((HUGS to all of you!)))))))))))))))

A big thank you from me & my family as well!! God bless you all :)

Such wonderful news!!!!!!! So nice to have him home safe and sound!!!!! Enjoy your "bugging"!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the sacrifices you've made and a HUGE thank you to him for the sacrifices he's made. Our family enjoys our country thanks to him. Kiss him up and down!

That is wonderful that he is home safe.
God Bless him and your family!

Donna

Kris,
I'm so happy to hear he's home safe and sound. He deserves the biggest thank you ever!!! Thanks for sharing.:)

I am so glad he made it home safely. It must have been hard on you and his wife for him to be gone. I can't imagine!! My husband was in the Army Reserve for 17 years. He was never deployed, but his unit was called 3 times during Desert Storm. At the last minute they were always called down, so he never had to go. I was scared for him. We had just bought a large farm and had a new baby. That baby will turn 17 next month and is talking about signing up. As a mother, I don't want him to, but I am proud that he wants to defend his country.

You tell your son we are proud of him. His sacrifice is much appreciated.

Wow, that is awesome!!!
The men and women who serve our country deserve so much respect!
Give him a hug from me!

That's Great and be sure to
ihavethetools said:
My oldest is home from Iraq!!!!
They arrived yesterday, two days early! We knew a day ahead of time they'd be early. :)
He's all whole on the outside. Looks great! Got some things to overcome, understandably so. Did an outstanding job with him and 17 other Security Forces of the 121st ARW out of Rickenbacker National Guard base in Ohio.
We're majorly proud of him and so thankful that he's home!!!

Kris

Personally thank him for me and the rest of us :)

We really appreciate what he's done and did.

liz

OK, he's probably smothered if you truly are giving him all of these hugs - LOL! ...but add 4 more from all the members of my family - we owe a portion of our freedom to his service. So thank you!

welcome back!
glad he's home safe and sound, thank him for us and give im a great big hug.
we so proud

I'll be sure to hug him some more tomorrow...he's never been my cuddler, my youngest son has always been, so I don't want to scare him. LOL
He's a big HE MAN! LOL
Seriously though me thinks he softened up a bit in an odd way (he's more compassionate now) than he was before.
Then again, come to think of it, we were all three sitting close this evening, with the two dogs between us (two boxers), all cuddly, and watching his video/pictures that he edited on to his computer of the deployment.

So I'll pass along as many hugs as he can stand. LOL
Thanks you guys.
I just love ya all.
Kris

Related to How does it feel to have your oldest home from Iraq?

1. How does it feel to have your oldest home from Iraq?

It feels amazing to have my oldest child home from Iraq. It's a huge relief and a weight off my shoulders. I am so grateful and proud of them for their service.

2. When did your oldest arrive home from Iraq?

My oldest child arrived home yesterday, two days earlier than expected. We were informed a day before their arrival that they would be coming home early. It was a wonderful surprise!

3. How does your oldest look after their time in Iraq?

Physically, my oldest looks great after their time in Iraq. They are all whole on the outside and we are so thankful for that. They did an outstanding job during their service and I am incredibly proud of them.

4. How many people did your oldest serve with in Iraq?

My oldest child served with 17 other Security Forces of the 121st ARW out of Rickenbacker National Guard base in Ohio. They were a part of a dedicated team and I am so grateful for all of their efforts and sacrifices.

5. How are you feeling about your oldest being home from Iraq?

I am feeling overjoyed and thankful to have my oldest child home from Iraq. It's a mix of emotions, as there are still challenges to overcome, but overall I am extremely proud and grateful to have them back home with us.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
overthyme
  • ihavethetools
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
lizcooks4u
Replies
Views
dannyzmom