• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Grateful for My Supportive Husband: A Story of Love and Business Success

In summary, my husband has done a lot for me and my business. He has stayed at work sometimes when he has to work late, he's helped me with the printing and copying for my shows, he's always been supportive, and he's even tasted test recipes for me.
sillylittlechef
I have the best husband in the world. (Atleast, for today!) He has supported me in this business from the start. (actually it was his idea for me to do PC). He stays at work somenights when he works late. (hour and half commute, and they have a bunk room) Those nights I usually con him into making my copies for me. Usually less than 20 for host and guest special flyers. Well, I am doing a taste of home cooking show vendor event and needed 1100 flyers done! He stayed up at work (after okaying it with boss) until 1am making my 1100 flyers!

He's awesome! Now i am printing the back side with a line that reads Open for a FREE Pampered Chef Recipe. Then rolling them and securing with a rubber band. Tedious, but hopefully will be worth it. (oh btw, I would have had him do the backside, but I didn't think he could figure out that feature on the copier)
So, how 'bout everyone else? What sweet things do your hubbies, wives, partner do for you and your business?

My DH will help me load things up or unload, if he's home. He proofreads some things for me. Taste tests recipes. Tells everyone how wonderful the PC products are, and that they should have a show.

But, the main thing he does for me is pretend to be interested when I blather on and on about the products, a show, the HO, . . . whatever.

Dont get me started on my BF

He always loads the car for me before shows.....He has NEVER complained about taking care of our son while I'm gone for shows etc....., always makes sure the dishwasher is unloaded and ready for show dishes when I come home....always asks how the show went.....commiserates with me when I have flakey hosts/recruits......Always tells people what I do....I love that when he gets a phone call etc...about doing something on a night I may have a show, he always says "Hang on, I need to see if Becky is working that night" - silly I know, but everytime I hear him say that it's a validation that he knows this is a real job!
Oh - and for Christmas last year he bought me a terrific new printer/copier/fax for my office, and this year he bought me high speed internet & wireless capability so I can work better & faster!:D

Mine will sometimes help me load the car for my shows, but never without whining. He'll taste-test recipes, if there's nothing in them that he hates (I'm not "allowed" to make the Island Breeze Rum Cake any more because it has coconut in it). He'll use the products, but only after much complaining about them (and never a word of praise about them when he ends up liking them better than the old tool).

But generally, he wants me to quit. He thinks we have too much "Pampered Crap" (his words, not mine) in the house and I spend too much money. I'm trying to make smarter financial decisions this year, so that maybe I can show a profit when we do our taxes next year. If I don't, I just KNOW that he'll make me quit.

My husband also talked me into trying on the apron, and has been beside me every step of the way. He keeps my books, mileage/expense reports, does my taxes, Makes ALL of my copies, makes DVD's to send to fundraiser leads, bank deposits, income/expenses ( I guess I should add that he is an accountant!!) He loads and unloads my car when home, comes to shows with me sometimes, Saturday I had a big show in my hometown, and while I was taking orders, he did all of my dishes, and loaded the car. he said when I can afford to replace HIS income, he will come work for me!!!! What a guy. He also taste tests EVERYTHING!!!!!

I made a decent profit in 2006, so my DH is suddenly much more in favor of my PC business. He tolerated it before because at least I wasn't just buying it anymore.

Thankfully, he recognizes the quality of the products.

Mine will load and unload the car if he is around or if I get things ready early enough and remember to ask him. He asks me what I've got going on, why I'm not on the phone more booking shows, gets excited about those "freebies" we earn, and talks to everyone about PC. I need to remember to have him start keeping some catalogs on his desk at work and in his computer bag. He makes sure when we are visiting friends/relatives that I have a few catalogs with me.

He used to make copies at work for me but has just started a new job and it will be a while before he is comfortable enough to do that.

Those of us that have supportive husbands are really blessed. In return I get him products for making special meals for him, cool lunches to take to the office, and I take the time to make sure he knows how to use the tools and where to find them. Since we keep kosher I do not keep my PC tools with my other dishes and I do not have them as well labeled as the rest of my kitchen for meat and dairy - so he puts up with my tools being in boxes all over his library/office.

mrssyvo said:
He also taste tests EVERYTHING!!!!!

LOL, that is probably one his favorite parts of the business. I know my husband has really enjoyed a number of the recipes I've done from here.

tlennhoff said:
LOL, that is probably one his favorite parts of the business. I know my husband has really enjoyed a number of the recipes I've done from here.

Oh yeah - that's my DH's favorite part too! And I've gotten comments from others at his work who are jealous of his lunches!
He just showed me the minutes from his last Team Leaders Meeting - they take turns bringing a treat for the meeting - next week is his week, and the minutes note that, and then in parentheses it says "HAVE YOUR WIFE MAKE SOMETHING YUMMY"! :D (usually they have store bought muffins or bagels.....last time it was his turn he went in with warm Caramel Apple Bread Pudding!)

I sent my first attempt at a trifle along to work with The Kat Lady because I needed the trifle bowl for a show the next day - plus, neither of us needed to be finishing a trifle on our own. Well, that did it - now everyone expects her to be bringing things all the time! (I'm waiting for the first order for a trifle bowl, then we'll start sending stuff again!)

Love the signature, KG!

Mine loads/unloads car, tries the recipes (read: eats), bought a new laptop for me :D , never complains about looking after the kids (although he didn't complain about making them either :p ), listens while I'll ramble on about things, ENJOYS that I'm excited about having something of my own! AND, I think he is secretly excited/anxious about hoping I can earn the cruise!

My DH helps me load and unload (of course he helps me unload in fear of me keeping it in the car for forever LOL). He has brought me things to my shows that I have inadvertently left behind at home (I am getting better at remembering now) He has made grocery runs for me. All of this without grumbling. He has persuaded a few of his friends and co-workers to host a show (or individual orders) for me. All in all he is a great man! Although it did take him a little while before he "got it"...the being supportive and telling people about me (yes, I married an introvert)

My hubby is wonderful too. He bought me a laptop, listens to me grumble or get excited, watches the kids, considers it my career, encourages to go to conference, asks how my bookings are going, I could go on and on...
The best time is when I had a show long distance and we got a room for the weekend, he came to pick me up from the show early and washed all the dishes, cleaned the kitchen, and loaded the car so I could take orders and mingle with the guests.
I really can't wait to take him on a trip! He totally deserves it.

Mine is great. Supports me the whole way. Keeps begging me to go to Chicago and is in the middle of reading Doris's book. How cool is that? Has me practice my demo in front of him and his famous line. "what are you pamper Cheffering tonight".....LOL

Jilleysue said:
Mine is great. Supports me the whole way. Keeps begging me to go to Chicago and is in the middle of reading Doris's book. How cool is that? Has me practice my demo in front of him and his famous line. "what are you pamper Cheffering tonight".....LOL

So are ya coming? Are ya coming??

My husband is awesome and supportive as well. We live in NJ but he works in Staten Island, NY. An hour commute. Teaches on Saturdays. Has an after school club. On top of that he is an army reservist. And attending Grad School. Yet, when I have a PC party on Staten Island, he goes with me EVERY TIME!! He makes copies at school...he's definately a big part of my success!! Love him!

dannyzmom said:
So are ya coming? Are ya coming??

It's 95% Carolyn. Ya think I should book the tickets before we even know the hotels though?

If you can get a good rate on air fare, book the flight. You have no control over the hotels. There is a limited nuber of hotels that are close enough to McCormick Place that are large enough to handle this group, so none of them are going to be a surprise, anyway.

chefann said:
Mine will sometimes help me load the car for my shows, but never without whining. He'll taste-test recipes, if there's nothing in them that he hates (I'm not "allowed" to make the Island Breeze Rum Cake any more because it has coconut in it). He'll use the products, but only after much complaining about them (and never a word of praise about them when he ends up liking them better than the old tool).

But generally, he wants me to quit. He thinks we have too much "Pampered Crap" (his words, not mine) in the house and I spend too much money. I'm trying to make smarter financial decisions this year, so that maybe I can show a profit when we do our taxes next year. If I don't, I just KNOW that he'll make me quit.
Anne, your DH and mine should get together! He hates how much PC stuff I have in our newly remodeled kitchen(all over the counter tops, crate, boxes, stones etc), will only help me unload if I ask or make huge sighing noises when I get home while unloading. Rarely eats the test recipes I make, and has only liked our new cutlery products. Funny though he doesn't complain when PC takes us on mini vacations that I can afford to pay all of!

heat123 said:
Anne, your DH and mine should get together! He hates how much PC stuff I have in our newly remodeled kitchen(all over the counter tops, crate, boxes, stones etc), will only help me unload if I ask or make huge sighing noises when I get home while unloading. Rarely eats the test recipes I make, and has only liked our new cutlery products. Funny though he doesn't complain when PC takes us on mini vacations that I can afford to pay all of!
I'm really trying to earn Level 1 this year (I've been mostly a hobby consultant, and have never earned anything in the annual incentive). It'll be hard to decide on Conference Cash or the general debit card because we'll be redoing our kitchen next year. I've got it planned out with the Ikea kitchen planning software, and let's just say that if I didn't have a bunch of my company stock earmarked for paying for the kitchen, I'd have to really step up my business to pay for it. And I haven't even priced flooring (I want cork or bamboo) and countertops (granite) yet! The good thing is that I'll have more room to store tools, and will have some cabinets that are practically designed for some things (like stoneware).

If you work a little harder, you can preserve your stock for retirement and ever after take your renovation for granite.

Well I've only had one show so far, but my husband loaded and unloaded the car and he drove me there. I don't drive so it's up to him and he doesn't mind at all.

chefann said:
I'd have to really step up my business to pay for it.
I have severe garage envy - I better start working harder because I've obviously got some kitchen up to do.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
I have severe garage envy - I better start working harder because I've obviously got some kitchen up to do.
Groan!

Only a few more posts for your pink star, KG! Woo-hoo!

As long as I don't have to wear the Tutti-Frutti Hat.

I think you should. :)

It took me long enough to wear the pink hat - don't push your luck. :p

chefann said:
Groan!

Only a few more posts for your pink star, KG! Woo-hoo!
Did you say that because you're going to be groan your own herbs and veggies for your new kitchen?

I just had to share what my wonderful, supportive DH just did.He's an auction-goer. He has spent most of the afternoon sorting through a couple of skids of stuff he bought at a hardware store liquidation auction yesterday. (Seriously, the man bought SKIDS of stuff.) He came upstairs about 20 minutes ago and said, "I saw this and thought, 'Rae can use this for PC catalogs.'" What he had in his hands was one of those weather-proof boxes they use to display property information when a home is for sale. It's the perfect size for a few PC catalogs. He searched the barn for a post and just finished installing it at the end of our driveway--right next to my PC sign. He's already filled it with catalogs, and he's waiting for me to make a label for it letting people know they can take one.We live in the middle of nowhere, but there's more traffic on our road than you'd suspect. My DH has done some neat landscaping, so people often slow down a bit to take a look. I don't know that anything will come of it, but I think he's amazing for coming up with the idea.Love that man of mine! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0076.gif

raebates said:
I just had to share what my wonderful, supportive DH just did.

He's an auction-goer. He has spent most of the afternoon sorting through a couple of skids of stuff he bought at a hardware store liquidation auction yesterday. (Seriously, the man bought SKIDS of stuff.) He came upstairs about 20 minutes ago and said, "I saw this and thought, 'Rae can use this for PC catalogs.'"

What he had in his hands was one of those weather-proof boxes they use to display property information when a home is for sale. It's the perfect size for a few PC catalogs. He searched the barn for a post and just finished installing it at the end of our driveway--right next to my PC sign. He's already filled it with catalogs, and he's waiting for me to make a label for it letting people know they can take one.

We live in the middle of nowhere, but there's more traffic on our road than you'd suspect. My DH has done some neat landscaping, so people often slow down a bit to take a look. I don't know that anything will come of it, but I think he's amazing for coming up with the idea.

Love that man of mine! http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/love0076.gif

That's cool - hope it gets you some business...

My wonderful husband felt bad about my 16 cent mistake (to qualify) and told me to go order something to qualify...even though he wanted to order something online and now has to wait until payday because it was my order or his...

raebates said:
I just had to share what my wonderful, supportive DH just did.

He's an auction-goer. He has spent most of the afternoon sorting through a couple of skids of stuff he bought at a hardware store liquidation auction yesterday. (Seriously, the man bought SKIDS of stuff.) He came upstairs about 20 minutes ago and said, "I saw this and thought, 'Rae can use this for PC catalogs.'"

What he had in his hands was one of those weather-proof boxes they use to display property information when a home is for sale. It's the perfect size for a few PC catalogs. He searched the barn for a post and just finished installing it at the end of our driveway--right next to my PC sign. He's already filled it with catalogs, and he's waiting for me to make a label for it letting people know they can take one.

We live in the middle of nowhere, but there's more traffic on our road than you'd suspect. My DH has done some neat landscaping, so people often slow down a bit to take a look. I don't know that anything will come of it, but I think he's amazing for coming up with the idea.

Awwww! Way to go Mr Bates!!http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sign0098.gif

raebates said:

That is cool. Let's us know how this works out. What a great hubby.

chefann said:
I'm really trying to earn Level 1 this year (I've been mostly a hobby consultant, and have never earned anything in the annual incentive). It'll be hard to decide on Conference Cash or the general debit card because we'll be redoing our kitchen next year. I've got it planned out with the Ikea kitchen planning software, and let's just say that if I didn't have a bunch of my company stock earmarked for paying for the kitchen, I'd have to really step up my business to pay for it. And I haven't even priced flooring (I want cork or bamboo) and countertops (granite) yet! The good thing is that I'll have more room to store tools, and will have some cabinets that are practically designed for some things (like stoneware).

Thanks Ann
I am so hard on myself sometimes. I had a upside down February and it really effected my March...so I am been so bummed lately. I loved just hearing or reminding me that I decided to do this as a HOBBY and for personal reasons. Anything extra that I earn or make is just that extra. It's not my full time job. It's just something I wanted to to get a piece of mind and gain some personal goals. You said the word HOBBY CONSULTANT and it reminded me that we all do the for many reasons and its ok to have an off month.
Just thanks.!

Jilleysue said:
Thanks Ann
I am so hard on myself sometimes. I had a upside down February and it really effected my March...so I am been so bummed lately. I loved just hearing or reminding me that I decided to do this as a HOBBY and for personal reasons. Anything extra that I earn or make is just that extra. It's not my full time job. It's just something I wanted to to get a piece of mind and gain some personal goals. You said the word HOBBY CONSULTANT and it reminded me that we all do the for many reasons and its ok to have an off month.
Just thanks.!
Sometimes we all need the reminder that just because someone else has high goals, we don't have to feel bad if our goals aren't as high. Just remember that it's easier all around if you're consistent. Yes, you're doing this as something fun and a way to earn a little mad money. But it's more fun when you get into a groove, rather than having to start from scratch every other month. :)
Hugs!

Don't let your hobby become your obsession......like this guy did.

http://www.thehouseontherock.com/assets/images/2003HOMEGRAPHIC.jpg

True...very true. Thanks. Well I am running behind Carolyn...(the almighty) and wonder if I will ever catch up to her Greatness.
Maybe after this conference when I feel all inspired!!

1. How did your husband support you in starting your Pampered Chef business?

My husband actually came up with the idea for me to start my Pampered Chef business. He has been incredibly supportive since day one.

2. What does your husband do to support you on busy work nights?

My husband works late nights and has a long commute, but he still finds ways to support me. Sometimes he stays at work and helps me with tasks like making copies for my business. He's always willing to lend a hand.

3. How did your husband help you with your recent vendor event?

For my recent vendor event, I needed 1100 flyers printed. My husband stayed up at work until 1am to help me get them printed and ready. He always goes above and beyond to support my business.

4. What special thing did your husband do for your business recently?

Recently, my husband helped me prepare for a Pampered Chef cooking show by rolling and securing 1100 flyers with a rubber band. It was a tedious task, but he did it without complaint because he's always willing to help me and my business succeed.

5. How does your husband show his support for your business on a regular basis?

My husband is always there to support me and my business. Whether it's making copies, helping with events, or just being a listening ear, he is always willing to help and encourage me. I am grateful to have such a supportive partner by my side.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Trish in Texas
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • milkangel
  • General Chat
Replies