• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Struggling as a Stay-at-Home Mom? Get Advice from Experienced Moms Now!

In summary, a stay at home mom has been considering returning to work but is unsure if it is a good idea. She has been weighing the pros and cons of returning to work and has come up with a list of ways to economize. She also recommends seeking God's will and praying.
MelB
I have been a stay at home mom for a little over 3yrs know, I work part time nights at our local little store but it's not alot of money and it's seems like things are getting tight bill wise, I have a job offer for $12hr here in my town from 8-5 I would love the money to help with bills but I am not sure about sending my boys to a sitter, having someone else raise them and missing my little guys first day of school next year (and I planned on driving him & picking him up everyday). If there are any mom's out there that have gone through what I am please tell me how did it and some advice. I am not sure if I even want to go back to work full time until they are both in school because my little one is only a year and my husband is very supportive of me staying home but I know we need more money. HEEEELP!:cry:

Calculate the expenses of working, including childcare, clothing, increased food. Figure out how much would be left over and see if it is worth it.

Can you increase your Pampered Chef business to make whatever you would have left over? (Contact ladies auxilaries of fire halls and see if they want a Pampered Chef bingo with follow on fundraiser. I just did this for the first time this month, they contacted me -- placed a $1000 order and will be doing a fundraiser the night of the bingo for those that don't win everything they want.)

Develop a business plan -- set goals and underneath each goal a list of ways to achieve. I'm in a similar boat as you and do not want to go back to work.

Chances are after you calculate childcare, clothing, gas, increased 'prepared' foods that you'd normally prepare from scratch now and all that, you may find it's actually cheaper to stay at home. Plus you've got the supportive hubby. That's a big plus. If you want to continue staying at home and just seem to need a little more.. than perhaps you can work the PC thing more... and cut back on expenses more too... there's a lot of ways you can economize at home. Not just coupons and such but we get a lot of stuff (clothes for the kids especially) through freecycle.com you might want to check into it. Folks who want to get rid of stuff list it and you make arrangements to pick it up. It's pretty cool what you can find... there's a ton of ways to cut back on expenses... Okay, those are my ideas.. HTH..

Pray, Pray and seek God's Will. I would love to stay at home but it is not possible right now. I do only work 4 days. I had an offer for 5 days one time and I had NO peace from God about it and did not do it. I am suppose to go to 3 days next year if my boss agrees.

All I can say is again Seek God's will although that may not be our will.

I've been a stay at home mom going on 10 years now and there have def. been some lean times, all I can say is that you may have to cut back on expenses. I would do a pros/cons list and decide. Also, what can you cut back on? Would moving even to a smaller place help? getting rid of a car? Making more homecooked meals? Think about the ways you can save money and you may find you don't need to increase your hours.

Consider this side of it: will you be happy not being home for your kids? I mean, really, truly happy. I know when I worked full time, I was happy with the situation as my son (now 10) went to daycare and really thrived in that setting. When I went part-time and had my daughter (now 7), I knew in my heart of hearts that I was not in the right place for the right time. All that had changed was me~the job was the same, I was doing PC, but I knew I had to be at home to care for my kids.
You can make all the pros/con lists you want, but it really boils down to where you feel you need to be. I agree that pumping up your PC business is a great way to up your income~that is the whole reason I have stuck with it for over 7 years now and can NEVER see myself not doing this!I hope this helps....and one more thing!!! PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!

MelB said:
...I am not sure about sending my boys to a sitter, having someone else raise them and missing my little guys first day of school next year (and I planned on driving him & picking him up everyday)....I am not sure if I even want to go back to work full time until they are both in school because my little one is only a year and my husband is very supportive of me staying home but I know we need more money. HEEEELP!:cry:

You already have your answer :)

My advice is to spend the next 3 years investing in your kids!
When your youngest starts school and forever after that, you will be able to work full-time. You have the rest of your life to make money but only a few years to have your little ones all to yourself. This is what I have chosen to do as well.

Thank you all for your great inspiration! Since I have joined this site 3weeks ago I have learned so much and the best part is I feel like we are all a Pampered Chef family. Thank you again ladies and I have made up my mind to stay home with my boys and I think what Kimberly said really made me realize that life is to short and spend most of it with the ones you loves. I am also going to work harder on my business. I have a show this sunday with 31 guests I am excited and a little nervous but this might be my $1,000 show I have been working so hard for.

Again Thank you all for your support! I love you guys

Praise the Lord... you are in a unique and joyful situation that you are home and can stay there... not everyone can even when they want to... so I'm glad you can stay put... you won't be sorry! Time moves by so fast... and hey... think even higher for that show coming up... with 31 guests... you can hope higher... you know like someone here has had on their signature at some point... shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll still land among the stars!

What are the best kitchen tools for busy moms?

Some of the best kitchen tools for busy moms include a food chopper, a slow cooker, a blender, a multi-purpose pan, and a set of high-quality knives. These tools can help save time and make meal preparation easier.

How can I involve my kids in cooking and baking?

One way to involve your kids in cooking and baking is to give them age-appropriate tasks such as measuring ingredients, stirring, or decorating. You can also let them choose a recipe and help with the preparation. This not only teaches them essential cooking skills but also allows for quality bonding time.

What are some quick and easy meal ideas for busy moms?

Some quick and easy meal ideas for busy moms include sheet pan dinners, one-pot meals, and make-ahead freezer meals. These types of meals require minimal prep and cooking time, making them perfect for busy weeknights.

How can I save time on meal preparation?

One way to save time on meal preparation is to plan your meals ahead of time. This can include meal prepping on the weekend, using slow cookers or instant pots, and utilizing shortcuts like pre-cut vegetables or pre-cooked proteins. You can also involve your family in meal planning to make it a team effort.

What are some healthy snack options for my kids?

Some healthy snack options for kids include fresh fruits and vegetables, yogurt, nuts, whole grain crackers, and homemade energy balls. These snacks are not only nutritious but also easy to pack for on-the-go snacking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Kmz4480
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
heather223
  • Jennifer Donoho
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies