• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hey All...i Just Wanted Your Thoughts on Sending Guest

In summary, many people send invitations via snail mail, while others print labels and stick them over the blank lines at the top.
dexheimers
Hey all...

I just wanted your thoughts on sending guest invitations. Sara and I have been really encouraging our hosts to use the websites so we can just send email invitations. However many people like sending invitations via snail-mail.

how do you handle your invitations?

We print labels saying all the where, when, what, etc...and also stick labels saying if they can't attend to visit our website. So far we have paid for the postage. Do you think we should pass this cost on to our hosts and let them deal with it?

I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas on this one.....

I personaly send out invites for my host via snail mail.. I find that offten that host or guest do not want to give out their email address fear of junk mail!!

mommyhugz1978 said:
I personaly send out invites for my host via snail mail.. I find that offten that host or guest do not want to give out their email address fear of junk mail!!

Do you pay the postage, fill them out, or use labels? We've found using address labels with all of the important data is great. It saves a lot of time. We just stick them over the blank lines at the top!

I give the reg invites, and most of my hosts give them out to their friends. I don't think many mail them in my part of the country.

dexheimers said:
Do you pay the postage, fill them out, or use labels? We've found using address labels with all of the important data is great. It saves a lot of time. We just stick them over the blank lines at the top!

I buy the postage.... It's easier for me to do that I either type the intvites up and then print them out.... with the PC invites on the supply for or I hand write each and everyone of them!! depends on my moods...

I have worked with MicroSoft Word until I have the right alignment for the postcard and then I print them from my printer. I always print in RED ink so that it shows up better. I have always told my host that they need to pay for the postage if I buy or they may buy them. No one has had a problem with it yet. They give me the name and addresses. I will then print the invitation on my printer, give them about 15 extra, they will then tell me to mail them or they will. This has worked out well for me.

I send out the invitations for my hosts. I pay for the postage. I use address labels for the who, where, when. I used to use the guest labels off of supply, but didn't like them. Now I am handwriting them until I figure out a good way to print labels of the addresses. Most of my hosts are so happy that I do this & not one show that I sent out the invitations for has cancelled, so I figure I've made back the postage!

Sending out the invites has greatly increased my attendance at shows. I don't have too many that are interested in sending e-invites; & I like having a visual reminder in the mail for guests to see. I always tell to invite by phone, then the card is a reminder.
I do pay for the postage now; it's a tax write-off, who knows maybe next year I'll have the host pay--we'll see how it comes out at tax time!
I use the 3 part guest list forms from supply order for the host to fill out; then stick onto cards. I stick labels on that say 'bring a friend-get a gift. & can't come? go to www.....to order online" Then I write in the show info.

I send out invitations for my hosts - I've done it for 3 years. I pay the postage - it is a tax write-off, and my hosts love that I take care of all the details for them! I also print off the labels with show info and I put a smaller label over the "View the Catalog online" that says "can't make the show? You can still shop online at www.________/cookinwithbecky " I also use a sticker from Nancy's that says "bring a friend or outside order and get a gift"
I have found that alot of my hosts don't like to send e-invites. Some do, and thats great - but alot would rather use regular invitations. I give them 6-8 invitations in their host packet for them to pass out to people they may think of later or happen to meet.
I hand write the Addresses of guests on the invitations - I just think it looks more personal that way. I don't like the guest list from PC - I think the space is too small, and it looks messy - and when hosts used them, alot of times their writing went over the lines, and when I separated them, part of the name/ address was missing.

I leave sending the invites to my host. If I had more time I would probably change to sending them out for them but with them paying the postage. I do offer to make the reminder calls for them, but so far they have all made them theirself.

Reminder Call
I leave sending the invites to my host. If I had more time I would probably change to sending them out for them but with them paying the postage. I do offer to make the reminder calls for them, but so far they have all made them theirself.

Don't offer to make them, tell them that's part of your job and you require the phone #'s and will make courtesy reminder calls just as your dentist does about an appt and if they have problem, tell them exactly what you'll say and most will give them to you.

I've been "shy" about doing this, and my exec. director spoke with me (after I heard her at regionals and approached her about it) and she said, I don't give them a choice, this is part of my job as a consultant and will make THEIR show more successful!!

Most hostesses don't argue with it when you remind them, by their making called week or so up to 3 days ahead you get a better head count and then when you make call day before it also jogs their memory and reminds those that might have not been planning on coming that they can still place an order.

HTH,

Lisa

I didn't read all of the posts but here is what I do...

I send out all invites by snail-mail, I fill them out and I pay for postage. I have seen a huge increase in my show average since starting this a year ago. My show avg. was $450 and now I am avg'ing $650 per show, with many more $1000 shows! I ask for e-mail addresses to anyone that lives out of town. I then send e-vites to order online for the people who live out of town.

I started in Feb. sending out my host invites and I pay for the postage. Like stated above it's a tax write off, and I don't want to hassle w/ getting the money back. I have noticed an increase in attendance at the shows, and my cancelations have dropped significantly.I use the address labels w/ all the info and a pic of our whisk. I highlight feel free to bring a friend, and under that is another label that states:
Unable to Attend?
Place an order or Book a Show
Either will help your host reach their goal!
Your consultant.......
My webpage....../alfskitchen
Know anyone getting married? check out our
Wedding registry!!!!!(I stole this off of here)Then I had a stamp made through stampin up, it's cheaper than stickers that is stamped on the other side at the bottom "Bring a friend or outside order, & receive a gift!!I also put a return address label the sm ones you get 80 to a sheet on!I give my hosts a gift when they return their guest list back to me by a certain date (21/2 weeks before show), and they receive 2 gifts if there is 40 names on the list.Now my opinion on evites. I used to not send hard copies when I had there email. Then I did a show w/ mostly evites and out of 46 invites 6 received them. When I made reminder calls for the host come to find out cox communications and comcast sent our evites to their junk box, and did not send it on to the person at all. Now I only send 4 evites at a time to prohibit this and it still occured.So I will stop rambling now and get to work, Have a great day!

I'm too disorganized to send out the invites for hosts. I print their show information on the PC postcards, with my website address and the show theme (right now it's "Stoneware Sale!") and send that with the host packet. At least they are more likely to give/mail them out if they don't have to write the info down.

I also encourage the hosts to send e-vites IN ADDITION to the postcard invites AND do phone calls. I figure, three contacts will get everyone.

Help?
whiteyteresa said:
I have worked with MicroSoft Word until I have the right alignment for the postcard and then I print them from my printer. I always print in RED ink so that it shows up better. I have always told my host that they need to pay for the postage if I buy or they may buy them. No one has had a problem with it yet. They give me the name and addresses. I will then print the invitation on my printer, give them about 15 extra, they will then tell me to mail them or they will. This has worked out well for me.

Would you be willing to attach your word document for us to all use?
Thanks!

Here are the templates that I use. You might have to adjust the top and left margins - if you do, do it a little at a time: example

old margins .3
new margin .32

There are two different styles because one invitation has the information at the top and the other the information is at the middle/bottom area.

If you need more help let me know. I think it makes my invitations for my host shows look great.

During the Help Whip Cancer month, I put a pink ribbon close to the stamp area.

Thanks for asking

Attachments

• INVITATION POSTCARD - Show info 001 - Master.doc
    26 KB · Views: 339
  • INVITATION POSTCARD - Show info 001 - Master 2.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 287
Thanks so much!!!

1. What is the purpose of sending a guest?

Sending a guest is a great way to thank someone for attending your Pampered Chef party and to introduce them to our products. It also gives them an opportunity to experience our products first hand and potentially become a future customer or host.

2. Can I send a guest to anyone?

Yes, you can send a guest to anyone who is interested in learning more about Pampered Chef products. This can include family, friends, co-workers, or even acquaintances. Just make sure to get their permission before sending them a guest.

3. How do I send a guest?

To send a guest, simply fill out the "Send a Guest" form on your consultant website. You will need to provide the guest's name, email address, and mailing address. You can also include a personal message if you'd like. Once the form is submitted, we will take care of the rest!

4. Is there a limit to how many guests I can send?

No, there is no limit to how many guests you can send. However, we recommend being selective and sending guests to those who you think would be genuinely interested in our products and company. Quality over quantity is key.

5. What happens after I send a guest?

After you send a guest, they will receive an email with a special offer to redeem on our website. They will also receive a catalog and other information about Pampered Chef in the mail. Our team will follow up with them to make sure they received everything and answer any questions they may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
baychef
Replies
Views
loreo
Replies
Views
ElieQ