• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Host Gave Me a Very Small Guest List

In summary, the host gave the guest list to the guest, but the guest is concerned about coming because she has a lot of work and is feeling drained. The guest offers to enter the list on the host's website and the host declines. The guest shares that she would like to come, but only if there are five people in attendance. The host shares that she would love to have more people attend, but that she's going to Ohio on the 13th and won't be able to make it. The guest offers to come with four people and the host accepts.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a host for a show on the 17th. After giving her weeks to get me her guest list, she still hadn't given it to me. We e-mailed back and forth and she said she'd get it to me. She just e-mailed it to me now. She only has 3 names for me to mail invites to, and 3 that she wants me to send out e-mail invitations to. She works crazy hours and has been really busy--(this is starting to sound familiar with other host's I've been working with.)--so I feel like helping them out more to make their hosting easier. I even offered to enter in their guest lists on my website so I could send out the e-invitation. Maybe I shouldn't offer to do that, but I figured I have the time and she seems to be so busy she isn't going to make it a priority.

She used to be a consultant, so I am baffled as to why she is giving me such a small list. I'm trying to figure out how to respond to her e-mail. I need to persuade her to think of more names. This is what her e-mail said:

Here is the list. I don't have the phone numbers with me so I'll have to get the phone numbers to you. I am going to Ohio on the 13th so I'll take my book with me. That takes some names off my list. I also handed out the invitations and started passing around the books.

So do you think she is rationalizing a small list by saying she is passing the catalogs around and handing out invites? (I included 10 loose postcards in her packet for her to hand out to people she bumps into.) Being that she used to be a consultant, doesn't she know how it's important to invite everyone?! What should I say? She lives an hour away and I feel worried to go all that way and be coming home late on a weeknight, if it's just for 2 guests. If only 2 people come, I wonder if I should have her turn it into a catty show?

Anyway, I guess first things first...What should I e-mail her back?

Don't get discouraged. I have heard this same thing and come to find out the outside orders make up for a lack of attendance. Keep thinking positive and don't give up. Just use positive verbage in your email back to her.

That's my 2 cent worth.
:D

I have also had hosts who most of the people they invite are at work and have hung up a "flyer" with a sign up list for an invite and ended up having 18 people there even though we only sent out 5 other invitations. I know the person so I was not concerned like you but that could be the reason also :) Ask her and if not suggest something like that, or if she can't hang it up at work at least make copies and pass them out at work.

If you do not want to come with only 2 confirmed guests, you need to tell her that. You can just share that you love doing home shows, but it is time away from your family so you require 5 people in attendance for a home show and see what she does.It's very true that outside orders can be bigger than the guest orders at the show.As for being an ex-consultant...HA...they tend to be the WORST :)!

I've had two ex consultant parties and both ended up being over 1K in sales :) One is a co worker so that can be explained but the other is someone I met at a fair :) In fact both also had 4 bookings :) So not ALL ex consultants are bad LOL

Does this sound okay? Should I take out the part about prejudging? Thanks for getting me some names. Can you think of some more? It's good to invite as many people as you can think of because not everyone is going to be able to make it. Plus, the more people you invite, the more orders/outside orders you will get and then you'll get more free products! :) Take a look at the 50 in 5 minutes flyer and use that as a way to brainstorm. Also, try not to think about what the person may or may not think about being invited. We always say, don't prejudge--you never know if someone needs a night out or has been looking for ideas to help with dinner, or has been waiting to buy something at the next party they were invited to, or needs a gift for someone.Let me know what you come up with. Thanks! :)

Sorry, I meant sometimes they are the worst hosts to "coach". They may even have great shows, but they don't keep you in the loop b/c they know what they are doing OR they really don't both. I've seen it both ways. I didn't mean to group them all together :).Can you CALL her? I ask b/c that's the only way to truly hear where she's coming from. She may BE inviting a ton of people that you don't know about. Who knows? I'd call and say that you appreciate that she got back to you with a few names, but you wanted to make sure that she was inviting more since people actually feel less pressure and have more fun when there is a larger group. Does she have concerns about inviting people or is she just not sure WHO to invite? This way you can address issue of she doesn't want to invite people b/c of money or whatever if that's it (of course, that's why the come to PC versus other shows) or just doesn't know enough people (you brainstorm with her).I've had people send out very few and have a lot come b/c they called them. I've had 25 invites go out and I was worried when she didn't have ONE rsvp! But 20+ showed up!! SHE knew they'd come, but I couldn't.

I tried calling her and got her voicemail. I think I need to send an e-mail, because it appears that she checks that at work. Any thoughts to how to improve the e-mail I was writing?

That email in your first post sounds like to me that she's mainly inviting by calling people. Maybe you should clarify with her about that. She might have a list of a 100 that she's inviting, but she's talking to them all either in person or by phone, and only wants 3 invites to go out in the mail.

I don't mean to be a pain in the neck... I just keep wondering how to word this. Does this sound okay? Not sure if I've worded things the best way. I might be overthinking things, but I just don't know sometimes how to balance trying to be firm on details but not pushy--or condescending. I try to keep things light usually, but then I worry that people don't take me seriously that this matters to me. Any thoughts?Thanks for getting back with me. I'll go ahead and get those invitations out. As I'm working with this process of mailing out the invitations for my hosts, I just want to clarify how many people you have invited. Since you only provided me with a few names, I just want to know how many people have you been inviting yourself, directly, through the postcard invites or by phone or in person? Being a former consultant yourself, you probably know that it takes a good 30-40 people invited to ensure a successful show, because typically only 1/4 to 1/3 of the people will come. Since I'm coming from an hour away, I'm hoping that you'll have a pretty good attendance.(not sure if that's the right thing to say)When do you get back home from your trip to Ohio? Realizing that you will probably be on a tight time schedule, I can help you with the follow up. Or if you don't have phone numbers for people, or they are co-workers, just be sure to touch base with them before you leave reminding them of your party. We can leave your show open for a few days, so you can tie up any loose ends.Thanks! :)

You might want to try texting her. I have several hosts and friends that let everything go to voicemail, but will reply to a text in seconds.

Someting like "I really need three minutes of your time. Can you call me?" might work.

I don't know her cell # and I have never texted before--it's not in my plan. :(

bumping...Really, does my e-mail sound okay? The first one or the second? Please???!!!! I'm so indecisive... I need opinions. :)

Aww man, I'm kind of bummed no one responded to my plea for help. These little questions I have might sound dumb, but I was seriously asking for help. :( Well, since no one responded, I had to go away from the topic and think about it and go at it again with fresh eyes. This is what I've come up with.Thanks for getting back with me. I'll go ahead and get those invitations out.I just want to clarify how many people you have invited--since you only provided me with a few names. How many people have you been inviting, whether if it's through the postcard invites or by phone or in person? Being a former consultant yourself, you probably know that it takes a good 30-40 people invited to ensure a successful show, because typically only 1/4 to 1/3 of the people will come. Since I'm coming from an hour away, I'm hoping that you'll have a pretty good attendance. Please just double check that you have invited everyone you can think of. It's not too late to get me their information, so if you think of any others, just let me know. :)When do you get back home from your trip to Ohio? I'd like to take some of the pressure off of you and help you out with the follow up, since you will probably be on a tight time schedule. If you don't have phone numbers for people, or they are co-workers, just be sure to touch base with them before you leave reminding them of your party. We can leave your show open for a few days, so you can tie up any loose ends.Also, when is a good time to reach you by phone so we can talk about what recipe you would like and also so I can get directions? Or do you prefer e-mail?

Have you host-coached her and asked what she is looking to get out of the party? If she is hoping to get $xxx of products or a certain product, you can incorporate that into your conversation... ie. I know you were hoping to get the cookware set for free, and in order to do so, you show sales would have to be $xxx... now with the average guest order being $xx, you may want to think about some other people who may be interested in joining your party, to help you toward getting that cookware for free...

Your email sounds okay but, honestly, it's so wordy that I probably wouldn't really read it. I would probably condense it to say something like, "that's for the invites. Since there weren't that many, I'm assuming that you're handing these out to TONS of people. Let me know ASAP if you have fewer than eight (insert your personal number) people confirmed in attendance. I'll bring a trifle (insert something yummy) if you have $250 worth of outside orders or 15 confirmed guests. Thanks."

When I hosted my show, I never got the list to the consultant. It was too much of a pain and most of them were neighbors that I hand delivered. Her gentle proding did encourage me to invite a few more neighbors so it ended up being a $600 show. Good luck.

What if the host gave me a very small guest list?

Don't worry, having a small guest list for your Pampered Chef party can actually be beneficial! With fewer guests, you can have more one-on-one time with each person and really focus on their needs and preferences. Plus, it can create a more intimate and relaxed atmosphere.

Will I still earn rewards with a small guest list?

Yes! Pampered Chef offers generous rewards for hosting a party, regardless of the size of your guest list. Our host rewards program is based on the total sales from your party, so even with a small group, you can still earn free and discounted products.

What if I already invited a lot of people but only a few can come?

No problem! We understand that schedules can be busy and plans can change. If only a few of your invited guests are able to attend, you can still have a successful party. Focus on making the most of the guests who do come and have a great time with them!

How can I make a small guest list feel like a big party?

There are many ways to make a small guest list feel just as lively and fun as a big party. One idea is to have a theme for your party, such as a cooking challenge or a holiday celebration. You can also have interactive activities and games to engage your guests and make them feel involved.

Should I still have a Pampered Chef party if my guest list is small?

Absolutely! Hosting a Pampered Chef party is not just about the number of guests, but about having a fun and enjoyable experience with friends and family. Plus, you can still earn rewards and have a great time with a small group. Don't let the size of your guest list stop you from having a fantastic party!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies