• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Helping a Loved One Overcome Stress and Host a Show

In summary, the conversation is about a host feeling overwhelmed and stressed with her life. The speaker tries to offer help by sending out invitations, offering to send out email invitations, making reminder calls, and even changing the venue for the show. The speaker also reassures the host that everything will be fine and offers to help with any tasks. The host's family member also offers to help with the show. The speaker also mentions a previous experience with a host who had a liver transplant and how they helped make the show easier for her.
babywings76
Gold Member
I have a host for the 31st and she just feels overwhelmed with her life right now. So with everything I said during host coaching, I could sense her stress levels rising. I tried to tell her that I want to help her. I already mailed her invitations for her. I offered to send out e-mail invitations for her, she could just send me her e-mail list. I told her she doesn't have to do an e-mail if it's too much, but that the best way is through talking to people. I offered to make her reminder calls for her too. She just seems so stressed. She is my sister's aunt-in-law, so I know some of the details of what's going on in her life. She also just got a job where she is gone from 4 am to 5:30 pm so she just is so tired in the evenings to think about her show.

Is there anything I should do or say to help her relax? I feel like all my offers of help overwhelmed her, even though it was intended to be a HELP! :cry:

If you want to keep the booking, turn it into a unique service opportunity. Volunteer to come dust/vacuum/ wipe up the bathroom an hour before the show. Bend over backwards always telling the host - I want to help you be successful. Occasionally you might slip in that you don't often get to do things like this for your hosts, you just appreciate her so much you want to help.

Maybe offer to help by changing the venue to a restaurant or a neighbor's home or maybe even your own home if you live close. Make it about HER and keeep positive.

If the booking is not too significant, offer to redate her with a twist--at your house, or at church basement, or restaurant or park with your special free appetizer or free dessert. Keep it light, keep supporting her.

Remember - you get what you want by helping others get what they want. Keep it light and be positive--that energy will come back to you.

Finally - how you treat her as a host may well be how you'd treat a person on your team. What would you want from your recruiter? Act accordingly. Good luck - let us know how it goes!

Would you be able to host the show at your home?? That would alliviate some stress I would think (for her).

She lives 2 hours away and her family all live out in the boonies. I'm doing another show for another family member next month, so they won't want to host it there. I'm going to try to get there earlier than I usually do for shows (I can't go a whole hour earlier though...) I'll be picking up my sister on the way because she knows where the host lives (her aunt-in-law). I'm hoping that my sister will pitch in and help if it's needed while I get set up for the show.I just sent the host an e-mail reassuring her that everything will be fine. Everyone has already received their invitation. Hopefully people will RSVP, but that I can do her reminder phone calls for her. I also told her that sending out e-mails is a great idea to boost attendance and outside orders, but they are just optional. That I can also do that for her if she provides me with the addresses. I also typed up a separate e-mail as if I was her, so that she could just forward to her people if she wanted. (I had told her earlier that I would do that, in case she thought it was just easier to send that.)So we'll see. My sister said that she tends to be a worrier and stresser and that she does suffer from depression, so that no matter how simple something is, she will take it on as a stress. I hope she is okay. I tried to be relaxed and easy going in what I said and wrote her.

I had a host this month who had just had a liver transplant not too long before her show. She wanted to host the show - she gets tired very easily, and this was a way for her to see people without a lot of work on her part. I knew that she tires very easily, so here are some of the things I did:

*I mailed the invites for her (something I do anyway)
*I did her reminder calls for her (she had to be at the hospital for testing the day before her party)
*I offered to do her grocery shopping for her - but her DH ended up doing that.
*The past host was her neighbor, so I coordinated with her to also come early and help get stuff set up, and rearrange furniture if necessary. (paid her in spices:) but this might be something you could do with a past host, or someone you are interested in recruiting)
*I offered a SB cookbook to anyone who helped wash dishes, clean up, stack chairs, etc.....when I left her house, it looked even better than when I arrived! (I had ordered about 100 of those past season SB when they were $2.50 for 10)

She ended up with about 20 in attendance, and we just closed her show at $1225, and 6 bookings! Although it was more work for me than normal, and I know the actual show was tiring for her....she has been thrilled with the outcome, and it's fun to hear the excitement and life in her voice when we talk!

1. How can I help a loved one who is feeling stressed host a successful Pampered Chef show?

The first step is to listen and offer support to your loved one. Encourage them to take breaks and practice self-care. Additionally, help them create a plan for the show and offer to assist with tasks such as sending out invitations or preparing for the event.

2. How can I make sure my loved one doesn't feel overwhelmed while preparing for a Pampered Chef show?

Suggest breaking down tasks into smaller, more manageable chunks. Encourage your loved one to delegate tasks and offer to help with preparations. Remind them to take breaks and practice self-care to avoid burnout.

3. What are some tips for ensuring a successful Pampered Chef show?

Encourage your loved one to promote the show to friends and family, provide a welcoming and comfortable environment, and offer delicious food samples. Additionally, suggest having a variety of products on display and offering special deals or incentives for guests to make purchases.

4. How can I help my loved one stay calm and confident during the Pampered Chef show?

Remind them to take deep breaths and stay positive. Encourage them to focus on the fun and social aspect of the event rather than any potential sales goals. Offer to be there for support and help with any unexpected challenges that may arise.

5. How can I support my loved one after the Pampered Chef show is over?

Be sure to thank them for their hard work and offer words of encouragement. Help them with any cleanup or follow-up tasks, such as sending thank-you notes to guests. Also, remind them to take time for themselves to relax and recharge after the event.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • byrd1956
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies