• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help-Quick Pineapple Upside Down Cake Question

In summary, the conversation discusses a recipe that calls for chopped nuts, with options of using walnuts or pecans. There is also a suggested variation using macadamia nuts. The recipe involves melting butter, adding brown sugar, crushed pineapples, and cherries, and then pouring cake mix on top. The cake can be left to cool in the pan for a few minutes before flipping it onto a plate or stone. The person who does not use nuts in their version of the recipe suggests doing the "flip" after the introduction to show the guests.
its_me_susan
It calls for chopped nuts - what kind?

Also, if we make this at the start of the show - - will it be ok to let it stay in the pan cooling, until I am done. Or will that make it stick?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Susan :)

its_me_susan said:
It calls for chopped nuts - what kind?

Also, if we make this at the start of the show - - will it be ok to let it stay in the pan cooling, until I am done. Or will that make it stick?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Susan :)

For others - -
I was just told walnuts or pecans are good with this recipe

Any nuts you likeI used pecans with mine.. but yes walnuts are good.. I think macadamias would be awesome as well b/c of hte pineapple.. mmmm good.

I did the cake and let it set for a few min.. not long and then flipped it over. My presentation was done at that point anyway so I just waited to flip it onto my round stone (easier than a plate I think) and Voila! it came out awesome.. dont know how long I'd leave it b/c you dont want the brown sugar to harden too much.

Let me know how it goes!

I don't use nuts in mine. (Using the Family Skillet)

Just Melt a stick of butter, add about a cup/or so of brown sugar - mix until the brown sugar is wet - and you dont see butter. Then add 1 can of crushed pinapples and cut cherries and sprinkle them around. Then I take the cake mix and pour on top. Bake in the oven for about 20-30 min. I have BINGO's every month and it's one of everyones favorites so I usually make it. I make it about an hour before I leave to set up and It comes right out without any sticking. (Stays warm)

The recipe calls for pecans, but I don't use nuts in mine because of allergies. I pull it out of the oven and do the "flip" just after my intro. I want the guests to see it come out of the oven.

1. How do I make the pineapple upside down cake in a hurry?

To make a quick pineapple upside down cake, you can use a boxed yellow cake mix and canned sliced pineapple. Follow the instructions on the cake mix box and pour the batter over the pineapple slices in a prepared pan. Bake according to the package instructions and flip the cake over onto a serving platter while it's still warm.

2. Can I use fresh pineapple instead of canned for this cake?

Yes, you can use fresh pineapple for this cake. However, make sure to slice the pineapple thinly and evenly so it cooks through in the short baking time. You can also lightly cook the pineapple slices in a pan with butter and brown sugar before arranging them in the cake pan.

3. How do I prevent the pineapple slices from sticking to the pan?

To prevent the pineapple slices from sticking to the pan, make sure to generously butter the pan before arranging the pineapple slices. You can also sprinkle some brown sugar on the bottom of the pan before adding the pineapple to create a caramelized coating.

4. Can I add other fruits or toppings to the cake?

Yes, you can add other fruits or toppings to the cake such as cherries, sliced apples, or even a sprinkle of cinnamon. Just make sure to arrange them on top of the pineapple slices before pouring the cake batter over them.

5. How long does the cake need to cool before serving?

The cake can be served warm or at room temperature. If you prefer a warm cake, you can serve it immediately after flipping it over onto a serving platter. If you prefer a room temperature cake, let it cool for at least 15-20 minutes before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
cochef
  • SPAMSTIME
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
SPAMSTIME
  • ajnewchef