• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help-Quick Pineapple upside down cake Question

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
It calls for chopped nuts - what kind?

Also, if we make this at the start of the show - - will it be ok to let it stay in the pan cooling, until I am done. Or will that make it stick?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Susan :)

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
its_me_susan said:
It calls for chopped nuts - what kind?

Also, if we make this at the start of the show - - will it be ok to let it stay in the pan cooling, until I am done. Or will that make it stick?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Susan :)

For others - -
I was just told walnuts or pecans are good with this recipe

TinasKitchen

Advanced Member
Feb 25, 2006
Any nuts you like

I used pecans with mine.. but yes walnuts are good.. I think macadamias would be awesome as well b/c of hte pineapple.. mmmm good.

I did the cake and let it set for a few min.. not long and then flipped it over. My presentation was done at that point anyway so I just waited to flip it onto my round stone (easier than a plate I think) and Voila! it came out awesome.. dont know how long I'd leave it b/c you dont want the brown sugar to harden too much.

Let me know how it goes!

COOKINWITHSHERRI

Gold Member
Mar 29, 2006
I don't use nuts in mine. (Using the Family Skillet)

Just Melt a stick of butter, add about a cup/or so of brown sugar - mix until the brown sugar is wet - and you dont see butter. Then add 1 can of crushed pinapples and cut cherries and sprinkle them around. Then I take the cake mix and pour on top. Bake in the oven for about 20-30 min. I have BINGO's every month and it's one of everyones favorites so I usually make it. I make it about an hour before I leave to set up and It comes right out without any sticking. (Stays warm)

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
The recipe calls for pecans, but I don't use nuts in mine because of allergies. I pull it out of the oven and do the "flip" just after my intro. I want the guests to see it come out of the oven.