• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Heard of Arvone? TIA

In summary, this conversation is about a past host who is starting a home based business called Arvone. The host is asking for help from people who know about the business. People who have used the products or attended a meeting say that the products are great but the prices are a bit high. There is also discussion about the difficulty of choosing a home based business to invest in.
luvs2sellit said:
I am going to a Arbone meeting tonight. I don't really want to go but it is one of those situations where a good friend has asked me. I tried their products and did like them, but I am not ready to sign up. I am just fine with PC. :D

I like Arbonne products, but this is my only issue with the company, per se. They will sign up anyone who wants to be just a "distributor" - you sign up and get a basic kit, then you have to place minimum order every month or every 2 months to get the distributor price. It's kinda like Amway. If you think you're gonna use that much stuff, or can sell some of it, it's worth it I guess.

I had a bad experience with a guest at one of my good friend's shows, and I was totally turned off by the co. after that. She came to the host's house (the host's DH and my DH are buddies from college) and proceeded to tell everyone that she was now selling Arbonne and was taking orders that night. I did my presentation, but when I said I was ready to take orders, she said, "So am I!" and everyone ran to her. My show totaled $300. She never placed an order with me at all. Then, she had the nerve to call me 2 days later and ask me if I'd buy into the distributor program to help her build her team. When I said "no", that I had enough on my plate with PC, she got pissy with me, told me she wouldn't be placing an order with me then, and hung up. OK - whatever! So, that was my first run-in with someone from Arbonne - not good!

I have met some other wonderful ladies who sell it, though, and I know it's part of the DSA, so it's legit, but I personally would never host a show, and I've only ever bought stuff when it was for a fundraiser. JMO.

cathyskitchen said:
I had a bad experience with a guest at one of my good friend's shows, and I was totally turned off by the co. after that. She came to the host's house (the host's DH and my DH are buddies from college) and proceeded to tell everyone that she was now selling Arbonne and was taking orders that night. I did my presentation, but when I said I was ready to take orders, she said, "So am I!" and everyone ran to her. My show totaled $300. She never placed an order with me at all. Then, she had the nerve to call me 2 days later and ask me if I'd buy into the distributor program to help her build her team. When I said "no", that I had enough on my plate with PC, she got pissy with me, told me she wouldn't be placing an order with me then, and hung up. OK - whatever! So, that was my first run-in with someone from Arbonne - not good!

What nerve she had to do that to you!:mad: I would have been upset if I wasn't asked if this was OK with me to do that!

Funny that is post was resurrected because one of my past hosts recently called to tell me she had joined Arbonne and wanted me to give it a try. She went on to say how with their product there's a lot of re-sell because the stuff runs out, while some of the PC stuff she bought from me is still in boxes. She went on to say how much the top people were making (blah, blah). I said "that's all?! Our top person makes more than that!" :) I told her that anyone can make money with almost any DS business, but a lot has to do with selling and people skills. I wished her the best but told her I was really REALLY happy with Pampered Chef.

krzymomof4 said:
I have someone wanting me to start to sell Melaleuca. Anyone heard of that?

Melaleuca is a company that makes all natural cleaning products, vitamins, shampoo, lotions, etc. Quite a lot of the products have Tea tree oil in them. I use the products in my home as my kids have asthma.

They are environmentally friendly--come in bulk and you dilute them. When you join, you commit to spending a particular amount each month and then you get a reduced price. I end up spending about $100 a month. Product gets delivered to my doorstep and I order on line.

Melaleuca is not a direct sales company per say, but it is set up with "down-line" in that you make a percentage of sales when you sign people up. There are some sales reps. from Melaleuca that are pushy and have given the company a bad name. I guess you could say that about lots of companies though!

JAE said:
It's easy enough to relinquish your membership as an Arbonne consultant. I actually did sign up for the discount, and I've been able to purchase things at 50% off too. I just buy what I need and let other purchase products that they need, too.

Good to know for anyone who previously signed, then got doing PC and liked it! :)

Addie4TLC said:
Funny that is post was resurrected because one of my past hosts recently called to tell me she had joined Arbonne and wanted me to give it a try. She went on to say how with their product there's a lot of re-sell because the stuff runs out, while some of the PC stuff she bought from me is still in boxes. She went on to say how much the top people were making (blah, blah). I said "that's all?! Our top person makes more than that!" :) I told her that anyone can make money with almost any DS business, but a lot has to do with selling and people skills. I wished her the best but told her I was really REALLY happy with Pampered Chef.

Way to stand up for yourself. I had a similar experience with our local Arbonne lady. She got a little pissy when I signed with PC but I said, heh, I've owned PC since 1994, you just came around a few months ago. She does like PC stuff and has bought from me before so it's all good. She doesn't bug me to host a party anymore though. :)

I have some stuff and use it on occasion but I'm not a "routine facial regime" person and don't "use it up fast" nor do I have that much money to spend on what I consider more pampering for me. It's for "special occasions" for me like makeup. :)

<h2>1. What is Arvone?</h2><p>Arvone is a home-based business that offers a variety of products and services.</p><h2>2. How does Arvone differ from other home-based businesses?</h2><p>Arvone offers a unique selection of products and services that are not commonly found in other home-based businesses.</p><h2>3. Is Arvone a pyramid scheme?</h2><p>No, Arvone is not a pyramid scheme. It is a legitimate home-based business that offers products and services for sale.</p><h2>4. Can anyone join Arvone?</h2><p>Yes, anyone can join Arvone as long as they meet the requirements set by the company.</p><h2>5. How can I find out more about Arvone?</h2><p>You can learn more about Arvone by contacting a representative or attending one of their informational events.</p>

1. What is Arvone?

Arvone is a home-based business that offers a variety of products and services.

2. How does Arvone differ from other home-based businesses?

Arvone offers a unique selection of products and services that are not commonly found in other home-based businesses.

3. Is Arvone a pyramid scheme?

No, Arvone is not a pyramid scheme. It is a legitimate home-based business that offers products and services for sale.

4. Can anyone join Arvone?

Yes, anyone can join Arvone as long as they meet the requirements set by the company.

5. How can I find out more about Arvone?

You can learn more about Arvone by contacting a representative or attending one of their informational events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• susanr613
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Chef ET
  • Brenda.the.chef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • jchesley