• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has Anyone Heard of People to People?

In summary, the letter mentioned a 19-day educational trip to the British Isles for children between the ages of 13 and 17. The letter offers the child the opportunity to travel without paying for the trip, but the child will need to fundraise for the trip.
susanr613
Gold Member
OK you other moms and dads....has anyone received a letter from a company called People to People, offering your child the opportunity to participate in an educational travel program?

I received a letter today - it got my child's gender wrong, but it did reference the right county area and the right age group. It's for a 19-day trip next summer to the British Isles - England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland. I went to the website and of course there's no $$ listed. I signed up for an info session in November.

I wonder how they got my information and if anyone else has heard of these people.

TIA

I haven't heard of the company, but my children are young. But I will say my senior year of high school my parents sent me to Europe with what I would say was an educational tour group, it was hosted by one of the foreign language teachers and was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life. So if you can financially afford it I say go for it, but I would say your child should be upper high school to truly enjoy it and get the most out of it.

I went on a European tour with People to People when I was in 7-8th grade summer. It was a fun experience but I wish I had waited until I was older. I feel I would have gotten more out of it. The group we went with was very educational but also we did a lot of fun things :) It is expensive but they do help you out with fundraiser ideas and letters to send to family and friends to let them know that you are planning on doing this adventure.

Thanks so much chefmosely!

Not sure if this is the same, but here is some other information:

People to People International

501 East Armour Boulevard
Kansas City, MO 64109-2200
816-531-4701

PEOPLE TO PEOPLE INTERNATIONAL

This organization has provided current materials to the Better Business Bureau (BBB) When a report is complete, it will be available at no charge by contacting this office or by visiting our Web site. If the organization is a charity, the report will also include the results of an evaluation in relation to the BBB Standards for Charity Accountability. The BBB reports on charities and determines if they meet 20 voluntary standards on matters such as charity governance, finances, fund raising, and donor privacy. The BBB does not evaluate the worthiness of a charitable program.

I got a letter for both of my girls, got to one of the meetings saw the cost before we went in and went home.

I know 2 people whose daughters have had this experience, both highschoolers and the trip was chaperoned and it the kids had to obey certain rules etc, yes it was $$$ but there is fundraising to pay for the trip, both girls had a blast and I think the trip was only 20 days in the summer..

It sounds like it may very well have been who we did our trip through also, I just don't remember :)

A friend and a co-worker's daughter went last summer or the summer before. They enjoyed it but it took quite a bit of work to raise the money. You are an "ambassador" to the country.

thanks so much for the info. if it really is expensive, then there's no way i can afford it with the bar mitzvah in march. i am still going to go to the info session to see if DS can be "invited" in high school.

i studied overseas for a year in college and it was an invaluable experience. really made me appreciate being american in addition to broadening my view of the world. i would like for DS to have a taste of that

susanr613 said:
thanks so much for the info. if it really is expensive, then there's no way i can afford it with the bar mitzvah in march. i am still going to go to the info session to see if DS can be "invited" in high school.

i studied overseas for a year in college and it was an invaluable experience. really made me appreciate being american in addition to broadening my view of the world. i would like for DS to have a taste of that

I'd still investigate it because the kids that I know that went did not have parents would could afford it. They did car washes, bake sales, PC fundraisers, sold gift baskets, all kinds of things to raise the money for their trips.

both of my kids participated with People to People.. my daughter went to europe on a Student ambassador (she was in France, Austria, lived with a family for 4 days while in Austria, Switzerland and Italy) and my son went twice as a sports ambassador, he went to Austrailia and Holland. Both kids got a lot out of it..

Terry how old were they? I think it's a great idea, and want to make sure DS gets the most out of it.

my daughter was 12/13 when she went, she was over there 3 weeks, she came back and wrote a paper on her trip and got college credit for the trip. My son was 14 the first time and 15 the 2nd time. He went as a bowler, and had professional bowlers work with him both times. He came back from Austraila with a gold medal, that time teams were made up of the given countries.. while in Holland, they intermixed the kids he had someone from Holland, germany and Norway on his team.

Sent you a PM..

Susan
Just PM'ed you

thanks so much terry and andrea!! i might take adv of your offers to chat!

Yes,
My daughter has gone on two trips with P2P. Her first trip she was in 6th grade, the second trip she was in 7th. She wants to go again the summer before her Sr. year. It costs about $5,000. You can fundraise (and use PC as a fundraiser) too.

The leaders and chaperones are teachers and we never worried about her safety. email me if you want to talk in more depth. [email protected]

1. What is People to People?

People to People is a student travel organization that offers educational and cultural programs for students to explore different countries and cultures.

2. How does People to People differ from other student travel organizations?

People to People focuses on providing a comprehensive experience for students, including educational and cultural activities, homestays with local families, and community service projects. They also have a strong emphasis on safety and security.

3. Is People to People only for high school students?

No, People to People offers programs for students in grades 5-12. They also have programs specifically designed for middle school students.

4. How can my child participate in People to People?

Students can be nominated by a teacher, parent, or community leader to participate in People to People programs. They can also apply directly through the organization's website.

5. Are there any financial aid or scholarship opportunities for People to People programs?

Yes, People to People offers need-based financial aid and scholarship opportunities for students who may not be able to afford the full cost of the program. They also have fundraising resources available to help students raise money for their trip.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• etteluap70PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • chef131doreen
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchefdonna
  • AJPratt