• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Experience with Market America: TIA's Story

In summary, Market America is an unknown company that has seminars that are claimed to be very impressive. However, there is a lot of skepticism surrounding the company because of its lack of regulation by the FDA. It seems difficult to run a consistent business with so many products to choose from.
jchesley
Has anyone had any experience with Market America? I went to a seminar for a friend of mine who is a sales person of theirs. I was really impressed with the demo. I ordered some products, because I like to support other direct sales people.

I am just a little leery, especially since it is dietary supplements (that aren't regulated by the FDA). I haven't ever heard of the company, and when I did a google on it I couldn't come up with much more info.

TIA,
Jess

I have never heard of them but my understanding is that itamins and minerals are not regulated ny the FDA.

I've heard of them. I was unimpressed. They have such a wide variety of things that it seems really difficult to run a consistent business.

I have 2 neighbors that are into Market America, and they have been after me to come to one of their seminars - especially after they found out that I started doing PC. I have not attended, and have yet to see exactly what they do either.

Read this review that I googled:

http://www.corporate-review.com/marketamericascam.php

I have never heard of them.

ChefBeckyD said:

interesting........

ChefBeckyD said:

Ooh, and they even slip in a dig on Amway in that article! How do you feel about that, Becky? :p

The DeVoses have been VERY generous to my alma mater and to GR in general, so it's hard to speak badly of Amway, you know?

Last edited:
Well I have to say I don't find the link very reputable since Amway was proven to not be a pyramid scheme because it actually has a product. The problem is when they are focusing more on recruiting people than actual products. This is the beauty of Pampered Chef. They do not push recruiting. You can have a fine business without recruiting.

Regarding the FDA regulation of vitamins and supplements - The FDA does not test suppements but is does oversee safety, manufacturing and product information, such as claims, in a product's labeling, package inserts, and accompanying literature. The Federal Trade Commission also regulates the advertising of dietary supplements. As long as the packaging doesn't claimi is a cure for some condition it is still considered a supplement and not a drug.

Deb & Kathy.....Yes, The DeVos's and the VanAndel's are a big reason why GR is such a nice place to live, and has such a nice atmosphere culturally - especially for the size of city that it is........with that being said, When you have lived in this area, and seen numerous people sucked in with unrealistic promises of wealth, and seen them SPEND thousands of dollars with nothing in return, and had people LIE to your face about what they are trying to get you to join ("Oh no, this isn't Amway - it's something totally different"....."different" meaning Quixtar, or Team Destiny, or one of the other aliases for Amway)....AND never once have I EVER had anyone associated with Amway (other than my DH = who was a distributor when we met.....never made a penny) try to sell me any of their wonderful products....they only try to "sell me the dream" by recruiting me. Well then it's hard to have a positive feeling or think good things about Amway. I know it was proven to not be a pyramid scheme, but it comes pretty close in my book - I've seen way more people hurt and disappointed by Amway than I have seen be successful - as a matter of fact, I've only met one who has been successful - and that was because he was a really smooth talker and great at getting people to "join his team".

Becky, I hear ya. I met one guy at college (Calvin, by the way) who was involved with Amway and he always rubbed me the wrong way...one of those smooth talkers you mention...

Ugh. My tendency is to dislike Amway greatly, but then I look at my campus (the Communications Building is AMAZING) and downtown GR and it's hard to think it's all bad. It just doesn't add up. That's what I was trying to say. :)

DebbieJ said:
Becky, I hear ya. I met one guy at college (Calvin, by the way) who was involved with Amway and he always rubbed me the wrong way...one of those smooth talkers you mention...Ugh. My tendency is to dislike Amway greatly, but then I look at my campus (the Communications Building is AMAZING) and downtown GR and it's hard to think it's all bad. It just doesn't add up. That's what I was trying to say. :)
I know....and the VanAndel Arena, and the DeVos Convention Center, And the DeVos Children's Hospital, and The VanAndel Medical Institute, The Amway Grand........so many great parts of GR! AND my next door neighbor is the housekeeper for one of the VanAndel daughters....and she LOVES her job and the family! It's is hard to separate fact from fiction....for most Grand RApidites it is a love/hate realationship!

And there's nothing like hearing The Messiah in DeVos Hall!

I met a lot of great people when I was in the Amway business but I never recruited a single person in the many years I was in the business. I did spend a lot of money and felt pressured to spend a lot of money probably because my upline was too.

I think there are lots of good people in the business including the founders
My former upline and long time family friends where please to see that I was now involved with Pampered Chef. They know it is a good company.

I have recruited my third person in PC. One kit napper, on person that is about to go inactive I believe and on newbie this week. People love the products and I am proud to be a PC consultant.

I personally think only doing vitamin supplements is a rather limiting market so I would never be interested in that type of business. Of course I work in the vitamin dept of a Health Food store so I have a little background already.

Kathy since you do work for a health foods store, what is your input on the isotonic supplements they sell? Can you get isotonics in the store? Is there really a difference? What sold me was that she said only 25% of most supplements you buy in the store are actaully absorbed into the body. (maybe 40% if you get a gel capsule). I ordered the OPC formula, which is an anitoxident and a B vitamin blend. The other thing I wanted to order but I gave myself a $50 limit was an Ascia blend, that gives you a natural energy rush. Is there anything in the mainstream health stores that compares their stuff?

Just thought I'd pick your brain. The company to me still seems very obscure. I don't feel it was a total loss, because she in turn is going to be placing an order from me so it's a wash.

Jess

I've always wondered about the absorption facts...Market America people (and other people...not singling them out) say that you should drop a capsule/pill in a glass of water, and see how fast it disintegrates to tell the absorption rate. I'm thinking, the human digestive system does not consist of only water...is there any truth to that rumor, those of you who have a better background in this than I do? I would think that our chemistry is totally different than a glass of water. Any thoughts?

Melaleuca has great vitamins at a great absorption rate. Not sure exactly what it is, but I have been a member of theirs for several years. That's the company I was talking about in the "any tree huggers out there" thread.

Related to Experience with Market America: TIA's Story

1. What is Market America?

Market America is a multi-level marketing company that offers a variety of products and services, including health and wellness products, cosmetics, and household goods. It was founded in 1992 by JR Ridinger and Loren Ridinger.

2. What is TIA's Story?

TIA's Story is a marketing campaign by Market America that features the personal story of a woman named Tia who found success and financial freedom through the company's business model. It is meant to inspire and motivate others to join the company and achieve similar success.

3. How can I get involved with Market America?

To get involved with Market America, you can become an independent distributor and sell their products, or you can become a customer and purchase products directly from their website. You can also attend their events and conferences to learn more about the company and its opportunities.

4. Is Market America a legitimate company?

Yes, Market America is a legitimate company that has been in operation for over 25 years. It is a member of the Direct Selling Association and has an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. It has also received numerous awards and recognition for its business practices and products.

5. How does Market America compare to other MLM companies?

Market America has a unique business model that combines traditional retail sales with multi-level marketing. This sets it apart from other MLM companies and allows for a more diverse income stream for its distributors. Additionally, Market America offers a wide range of products and services, giving distributors more opportunities to find success.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • Kitchen Diva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Kitchen Diva
  • pamperedbecky