• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has the Controversial Taste of Home Entertaining Company Settled Down?

or attend one of our upcoming workshops! The person asking the questions recently asked about Taste of Home Entertaining. They said that after all the hoopla about them, they haven't heard much. They said they know someone who is a consultant and that the company is just starting. They said that the benefits were ok, but that the catalog they wanted was not in the catalog, and that the consultant was not very helpfull or organized. They also said that they hosted a show but it got cancelled and that they had never heard of the company before they were invited to a party. They said that the people who are consultants are starting to get a lot of people under them, and that the company is not really in competition with PC.
nikked
Gold Member
Recently, someone (on another board) was asking about Taste of Home Entertaining. (http://www.tohe.com/)

After all the hoopla about them calmed down, I haven't heard much. Did anyone here sign up to be a consultant? Has anyone hosted a show? What are you hearing and/or seeing about the company?

I know it got kind of ugly for awhile, and was wondering if things calmed down!

TIA!

I am happy to say I don't think I know what your talking about. (this time).

I've hosted a show, don't know what the hoopla was about.
Benefits were ok, not really much in the catalog I wanted except the copper stuff.
consultant was a past PC cons. she wasn't very helpfu or organized.

I was to go to a party last weekend, but it got cancelled. Had never heard of it before I got the invitation.

I know someone that is a consultant and really the only one in our area. She just started a few months ago and already has 3 people under her and 2 more about to sign. Joy of starting with a new company. When she first signed she said she didn't join PC b/c she didn't want to compete with me but she wanted my help since she didn't have experience with direct sales and the person she signed with was over 3 hours away. That's the downside of a new company. I have seen some of there stuff and it's mostly entertaining/decorating products and I'm not sure about pricing.I know some hooplah is the PC consultants have moved over to that, but so what? That happens. Sell what you love and it's not selling. I'm more into making cooking easy since we don't really entertain a lot. If we did, maybe I'd rather sell that. Don't know. I really love the simplicity of our entertaining pieces and they are versatile. I have SA small bowls in my bathroom. Simple, clean and useful!I'm sure that I'll learn more about TOHE since I just found out she's going to be living right next door. On the other side of her is a Lia Sophia consultant that I know. Block party anyone?? And the TOHE consultant is very likely to throw them. Should be amusing in this neighborhood since no one talks.

no one talks?? I'd hafta move!!

No one is outside, except a lot of barking dogs! Also, parents of the 3-6 year old are nowhere to be seen, yet the kids are outside a lot. Drives me crazy, esp when they end up in my backyard. Do the parents even know where they are?? I'm not the go out and knock on doors to introduce myself, but I'm friendly. I'd love to live in a real neighborhood. One of the reasons we are looking at moving.

There was a lot of hoopla when they first started.....I've never been invited to a show, and only know one person who has - she said the stuff wasn't really her style, and that the kitchen tools they have are more expensive and not as nice as PC.....looked at a table set up at a fair one time, and have to say, the entertaining pieces weren't my style either. I've never had anyone mention them at a show I was doing either (in comparison or anything....occasionally I get this w/ TW, but never had TOHE mentioned.)

I don't think they are really in competition with PC. I remember looking at the website when I first heard about it. They had a rude comment about making food at the show. TOHE doesn't do that because it's an outdated thing or something. Can't remember and am glad to see it gone. Felt like a very clear dig at PC & even TW. People love the food! :) The person I know is always starting her conversations with "I love that we have such different stuff than PC so it's not really the same" as though I'm worried. I love PC and don't worry about them at all. In fact, Lia Sophia jewelry probably is the monopoly lately for shows around here!

I must have missed something. I don't know any details about the company, although they did make quite a "splash" when they started out.

They tried going strong here...advertised a lot at the Taste of Home Cooking Show, but I haven't heard boo-hiss since about them in the area...

What's TW????

Wow. They really are just starting. I still think the cooking at shows thing is a jab. Here's what's on their website:

How can I become a consultant?
Simply complete our online enrollment and order your Starter Kit, any time. We’re open 24/7.

What is the cost of the starter kit?
$199 (a $600 value) plus $20 shipping and applicable tax. Alaska and Hawaii will cost more for shipping. The contents of the Starter Kit will be described in detail during the registration process.

What if I change my mind about being a Consultant?
You can return your kit if you change your mind. You will receive a full refund when it is returned in good condition.

When will my Starter Kit ship?
If you order a kit today, you can expect to receive it after 5 – 7 business days.

When can I start recruiting?
As soon as you sign up and complete your enrollment, you will receive a Consultant ID which will allow you to sign up other Consultants and begin building your team.

Do I have to cook at parties?
No! Our beautiful catalog tells the story.

When can I start doing parties?
You can begin conducting parties as soon as you receive your kit.

Do I need a sponsor to sign up?
No, if you don't have a sponsor one will be assigned to you.

What is my commission?
Generally, you retain 25% of retail guest sales and you can earn up to an additional 10% of your personal wholesale volume as a bonus. Our Director Power Plus compensation plan rewards you as you build a team. Details of the commission plan are available - please contact an Independent Consultant.

Is there a monthly sales quota or minimum?
No, however you must generate $375 in wholesale volume to qualify for overrides on your organization.

Can I earn a free trip with Taste of Home Entertaining?
Yes, in fact, we expect to do two trips per year, not just one.

When is your first convention?
July, 2007

The only experience I've ever had with Taste of Home is through a local Home-Based Business Expo. The consultant I met is very pleasant. The products look and smell yummy but seem a little pricey to me. My opinion is that it probably is geared toward people who don't like to make things from scratch quite as much as I do.

raebates said:
The only experience I've ever had with Taste of Home is through a local Home-Based Business Expo. The consultant I met is very pleasant. The products look and smell yummy but seem a little pricey to me. My opinion is that it probably is geared toward people who don't like to make things from scratch quite as much as I do.

I had never heard of them before this thread! (With the exception of the magazines of course. )

Tammi, you lead such a sheltered life. ;)

I just made the mistake of contacting a TOH rep in Houston (none in Arkansas) to get a catalog because I was curious of what they offered.What I got in reply was two of the pushiest emails ever, wanting me to sign as a consultant and/or get my friends to sign up as a consultant and have a party. No response to my first request of just getting a catalog.I looked on their site and it looks like TOH is featured in Empowering Women magazine as well.

It was started an executive of Southern Liiving at Home, it was owned by Reader's Digest company but has already been sold.

TW is TupperWare :)
And Tammi - when TOHE first started last year.....the question "Do I have to cook at my shows?" was answered with a statement more like this: No - this is 2006, not 1986 - our catalog tells the story".....that's why it was considered such a slap in the face! Seems that they have revised thier language since then!

I'm curious. I finally managed to get a catalog to look at. Some of their stuff is really nice. Which ED's with PC jumped ship to go to TOHE?

It was pretty hush-hush. Unless you knew, you didn't know, if you know what I mean! lol

I don't know how high up those leaving went, but I know someone whose SD left for it (but she wouldn't say who it was).

Well, some of the names I've seen floating around looked familiar to me as I sold PC 5 years ago. I went to the TOHE website and did a search on consultants using my Zip Code and their website would bring up a different consultant everytime. Finally I picked one and contacted her for a catalog. Needless to say none of them were even close to the area where I live.

Kind of reminds me of how Avon does their thing.

LOL - They are ONTO me!!!

I went to look up a consultant and this is what I got:

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

* Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)​

Too funny!! :) :)

I just checked out their webpage and the writing doesn't seem very professional to me and is almost confrontational. Instead of simply discussing the quality of their product they have to mention that theirs in so much better. The qualities of a knife is actually a little entertaining -- to be a good knife it MUST have three rivets??

yummybytes said:
LOL - They are ONTO me!!!

I went to look up a consultant and this is what I got:

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

* Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)​

Too funny!! :) :)

I got the exact same thing!

The consultant emailed me and said they are updating their websites today so they won't be available all day. Apparently they have some "new and exciting" changes coming up.

Don't ya love how their "high quality" cutlery has riveted handles? I'll take our forged cultery any day over that!

(you all had me curious about the website, so I was just there! I'll keep PC...thank you very much!!! LOL!

Last year I had placed my HWC campaign info in the local newspaper. Well, I was contacted from a woman who sold PC 5 years ago (she stopped b/c of cancer) and really thought about selling something again so she thought she would go with a company just starting out and went with TOHE. She asked if we could swap parties so I told her sure since I wanted to check this company out.

TOHE is quite expensive and my family didn't buy too much because it's not a brand known yet.

Well, to cut it short, she sold for about 6 months and came back to selling PC. Unfortunately she didn't sign with me but she's selling PC again!! :)

There was a hoopla about this over a year ago and TOHE consultants were scowering this site and sending out emails to a lot of us trying to recruit us.

Last edited:
I dont remember getting an email, but if I did it would have gone in the trash LOL

Too bad!! they can't have me! Heck -- they won't even let me on their site!!

i am soooo bad!! :)

Related to Has the Controversial Taste of Home Entertaining Company Settled Down?

1. What is Taste of Home Entertaining?

Taste of Home Entertaining is a direct sales company that offers products related to home entertaining, such as cookware, kitchen gadgets, and party supplies. They also offer the opportunity for individuals to become consultants and host parties to sell their products.

2. Did anyone here sign up to be a consultant?

As a scientist, I cannot answer for individuals on this forum. However, it is possible that some members may have signed up to be consultants with Taste of Home Entertaining.

3. Has anyone hosted a show?

Again, I cannot answer for individuals on this forum. However, it is possible that some members may have hosted shows for Taste of Home Entertaining as consultants.

4. What are you hearing and/or seeing about the company?

I am not personally familiar with Taste of Home Entertaining, but from my research, it seems that the company has faced some controversy in the past regarding their products and business practices. However, it appears that they have taken steps to address these issues and have a strong customer base. As with any company, it is always important to do thorough research and make informed decisions before becoming involved.

5. I know it got kind of ugly for awhile, and was wondering if things calmed down!

It seems that the controversy surrounding Taste of Home Entertaining has died down, but it is always important to stay informed and do your own research before getting involved with any company.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • Cindycooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Harrle
  • ddcook
  • General Chat
Replies