• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayer Request - My Neighbor's House Burnt Down

In summary, Brian Moore wrote about Heaven in his essay and it is very positive. He says it is the best thing he has ever written and that he is happy to be there.
pamperedpals
Gold Member
I am asking for all the prayers you can do. My neighbor's house burnt down Tuesday afternoon. There is nothing left and the dad is in the hospital in serious condition. He was the only one home. Tony is still in the hospital and it is touch and go. We won't know anything for awhile.

See link for news story: http://www.kirotv.com/news/15959467/detail.html My mom is the woman crying and my husband is the one talking about the girls.

This is a family of 5 that no longer has a home. Dad (Tony) just lost his job last Friday. There are two little girls, ages 4 and 8, mom, dad and an uncle who live there. The uncle is a quadraplegic.

Please pray that Tony is going to be okay. Also, pray that the others in the family will be able to deal with this tragedy.

I also am asking for a selfish prayer request for my 4 year old DS. He saw Tony come out of the house still on fire. My mom and son were actually the people who saved Tony's life, because they saw the fire out our kitchen window and went over their running to see if anyone was in the house. It has been a long couple of days.

How horrible Laurie! Praying for Tony to recover quickly and that everyone else involved (including your family) are able to deal with this tragedy as well. Take care.

Laurie - make sure they contacted the local Red Cross immediately. They can help with food, clothing, housing until insurance money comes through or other help.

That is NOT a selfish request! Father God, please be with everyone involved in this tragedy! Bless those who came forward and were put in place by You to help. Heal and bless this family. Minister to any and all spirits who are troubled by what they have witnessed and especially help Laurie's son to be open and talk about any fears or concerns he may have after having seen all this. Thanks for putting these people there when this family needed them so desperately. Please heal Tony, his family needs him. Please hear and answer. Thank you Jesus! Amen

...and just read on it - WOW! Amazing he survived!

WOW! Lots of prayers headed your way. Laurie, please keep us updated.

Laurie I have to say that is not an unselfish request for your son. I can imagine my 4 yr old having to see that I am sure they would have nightmares for ever. My thoughts and prayers will be with your family and neighbor.

Besides the Red Cross, by any chance is he a veteran? The service organizations and the VA may be of assistance.My prayers for all touched by this tragedy.

My thoughts and prayers are with all involved in this tragedy. And I agree with others - your prayer request for your son is not at all selfish. I hope everyone involved heals quickly.

Wow, that is just tragic. My heart goes out to their family and yours!

Sending loving prayers to your family and theirs. May God provide the assistance they need in the coming days/weeks/months ahead.

Thank you all for your prayers. I was just working may way through my email at work and this was waiting for me:

A Teenager's View of Heaven
17-year-old Brian Moore had only a short time to write something for a class. The subject was what Heaven was like. "I wowed 'em," he later told his father, Bruce. "It's a killer. It's the bomb. It's the best thing I ever wrote.." It also was the last.

Brian Moore died May 27, 1997, the day after Memorial Day. He was driving home from a friend's house when his car went off Bulen-Pierce Road in Pickaway County and struck a utility pole. He emerged from the wreck unharmed but stepped on a downed power line and was electrocuted.
The Moores framed a copy of Brian's essay and hung it among the family portraits in the living room. "I think God used him to make a point. I think we were meant to find it and make something out of it," Mrs. Moore said of the essay. She and her husband want to share their son's vision of life after death. "I'm happy for Brian. I know he's in heaven.. I know I'll see him."

Brian's Essay: The Room...

In that place between wakefulness and dreams, I found myself in the room. There were no distinguishing features except for the one wall covered with small index card files. They were like the ones in libraries that list titles by author or subject in alphabetical order. But these files, which stretched from floor to ceiling and seemingly endless in either direction,had very different headings. As I drew near the wall of files, the first to catch my attention was one that read "Girls I have liked." I opened it and began flipping through the cards. I quickly shut it, shocked to realize that I recognized the names written on each one. And then without being told, I knew exactly where I was.

This lifeless room with its small files was a crude catalog system for my life. Here were written the actions of my every moment, big and small, in a detail my memory couldn't match. A sense of wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred within me as I began randomly opening files and exploring their content. Some brought joy and sweet memories; others a sense of shame and regret so intense that I would look over my shoulder to see if anyone was watching.

A file named "Friends" was next to one marked "Friends I have betrayed." The titles ranged from the mundane to the outright weird "Books I Have Read," "Lies I Have Told," "Comfort I have Given," "Jokes I Have Laughed at " Some were almost hilarious in their exactness: "Things I've yelled at my brothers." Others I couldn't laugh at: "Things I Have Done in My Anger", "Things I Have Muttered Under My Breath at My Parents." I never ceased to be surprised by the contents.

Often there were many more cards than I expected. Sometimes fewer than I hoped. I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the life I had lived. Could it be possible that I had the time in my years to fill each of these thousands or even millions of cards? But each card confirmed this truth. Each was written in my own handwriting. Each signed with my signature.

When I pulled out the file marked "TV Shows I have watched", I realized the files grew to contain their contents. The cards were packed tightly, and yet after two or three yards, I hadn't found the end of the file. I shut it, shamed, not so much by the quality of shows but more by the vast time I knew that file represented.

When I came to a file marked "Lustful Thoughts," I felt a chill run through my body. I pulled the file out only an inch, not willing to test its size and drew out a card. I shuddered at its detailed content. I felt sick to think that such a moment had been recorded. An almost animal rage broke on me. One thought dominated my mind: No one must ever see these cards! No one must ever see this room! I have to destroy them!" In insane frenzy I yanked the file out. Its size didn't matter now. I had to empty it and burn the cards. But as I took it at one end and began pounding it on the floor, I could not dislodge a single card. I became desperate and pulled out a card, only to find it as strong as steel when I tried to tear it.

Defeated and utterly helpless, I returned the file to its slot. Leaning my forehead against the wall, I let out a long, self-pitying sigh.

And then I saw it.. The title bore "People I Have Shared the Gospel With." The handle was brighter than those around it, newer, almost unused. I pulled on its handle and a small box not more than three inches long fell into my hands. I could count the cards it contained on one hand.

And then the tears came. I began to weep. Sobs so deep that they hurt. They started in my stomach and shook through me. I fell on my knees and cried. I cried out of shame, from the overwhelming shame of it all. The rows of file shelves swirled in my tear-filled eyes. No one must ever, ever know of this room. I must lock it up and hide the key. But then as I pushed away the tears, I saw Him.

No, please not Him. Not here. Oh, anyone but Jesus. I watched helplessly as He began to open the files and read the cards. I couldn't bear to watch His response. And in the moments I could bring myself to look at His face, I saw a sorrow deeper than my own.

He seemed to intuitively go to the worst boxes. Why did He have to read every one? Finally He turned and looked at me from across the room. He looked at me with pity in His eyes. But this was a pity that didn't anger me.. I dropped my head, covered my face with my hands and began to cry again. He walked over and put His arm around me. He could have said so many things. But He didn't say a word. He just cried with me.

Then He got up and walked back to the wall of files. Starting at one end of the room, He took out a file and, one by one, began to sign His name over mine on each card. "No!" I shouted rushing to Him. All I could find to say was "No, no," as I pulled the card from Him. His name shouldn't be on these cards. But there it was, written in red so rich, so dark, so alive. The name of Jesus covered mine. It was written with His blood. He gently took the card back. He smiled a sad smile and began to sign the cards.. I don't think I'll ever understand how He did it so quickly, but the next instant it seemed I heard Him close the last file and walk back to my side.

He placed His hand on my shoulder and said, "It is finished." I stood up, and He led me out of the room. There was no lock on its door. There were still cards to be written.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."-Phil. 4:13 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." If you feel the same way forward it so the love of Jesus will touch their lives also. My "People I shared the gospel with" file just got bigger, how about yours?

pamperedpals said:
I am asking for all the prayers you can do. My neighbor's house burnt down Tuesday afternoon. There is nothing left and the dad is in the hospital in serious condition. He was the only one home. Tony is still in the hospital and it is touch and go. We won't know anything for awhile.

See link for news story: http://www.kirotv.com/news/15959467/detail.html My mom is the woman crying and my husband is the one talking about the girls.

This is a family of 5 that no longer has a home. Dad (Tony) just lost his job last Friday. There are two little girls, ages 4 and 8, mom, dad and an uncle who live there. The uncle is a quadraplegic.

Please pray that Tony is going to be okay. Also, pray that the others in the family will be able to deal with this tragedy.

I also am asking for a selfish prayer request for my 4 year old DS. He saw Tony come out of the house still on fire. My mom and son were actually the people who saved Tony's life, because they saw the fire out our kitchen window and went over their running to see if anyone was in the house. It has been a long couple of days.

Oh heavens, yes, I will pray for Tony, their family and your DS- that had to be hard to see a man on fire. Prayers go out to all of you! Praise the Lord your mother and son saw the fire!

Oh Laurie - How tragic and sad - Prayers for Tony and his family and your family as well -

My prayers are with this entire family. How tragic.

quiverfull7 said:
That is NOT a selfish request! Father God, please be with everyone involved in this tragedy! Bless those who came forward and were put in place by You to help. Heal and bless this family. Minister to any and all spirits who are troubled by what they have witnessed and especially help Laurie's son to be open and talk about any fears or concerns he may have after having seen all this. Thanks for putting these people there when this family needed them so desperately. Please heal Tony, his family needs him. Please hear and answer. Thank you Jesus! Amen
Amen.

I will certainly keep this family (and yours) in prayer. I hope he is doing better today...

How horrible! I cannot nor do I ever want to experience something so tragic. Definate prayers coming your way for everyone. How is the dad doing now?

Update on TonyLast night Jenny, his wife, called and let us know that is it pretty touch and go with Tony. He received burns over 30% of his body, but none of them are life threatening. However, the doctors are pumping alot of soot and ash out of his stomach and lungs and his blood pressure is really low. The dr's tried to take him off of the breathing machine (sorry can't think of the correct terminology at the moment) and he couldn't breath on his own after 20 seconds.

The dr's are also talking about if, and it is a big if, is better on Monday they will start working on the skin grafts for his burns.

Thank you for your continued prayers.

Thanks for the update, Laurie. Please continue to keep us posted. I am so sad for this family. And how is your son doing?

jbachen said:
Thanks for the update, Laurie. Please continue to keep us posted. I am so sad for this family.

And how is your son doing?

James, my son is doing okay. Yesterday, the fire department came by with an engine and aid car for him to look at in a non-emergency situation. (I have attached a couple of pictures.) He was able to push buttons, shoot water with the fire hose and climb around the engine and aid car. I think it did him some good.

As you can see in the pictures, they received fire hat's and last night I told him while I was holding him on the couch, because he couldn't sleep, that we will put his helmet on his bed and it will help keep the fire away. I'm hoping that will help him rest a little easier tonight.:)

Attachments

• James and the fire hose.jpg
    James and the fire hose.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 290
  • James Mark  & Fire fighter.jpg
    James Mark & Fire fighter.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 294
  • All of them with the hose.jpg
    All of them with the hose.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 296
More prayers from me and my kids

Laurie, I'm glad your son is doing well. Children can be amazingly resilient. Everyone in both situations will be in my prayers.

Tony is having surgery todayGood morning!

Just an update on Tony. He is having surgery today on his hand, so he won't loose it. I guess there is a finite window of opportunity when they do skin grafts and this at the end of it for his hand.

He goes in at 7:30 am PST for surgery. Please pray that he make's it okay. Otherwise, his condition has not changed.

Laurie...thank you for the updates. I pray that the surgery goes well and that he improves otherwise, too.

Glad to see your son was able to have a "fun" visit with the firemen...they are so awesome to come out and do that for you guys! The heart of our police/fire/EMT's always touches me so much...

Hope your next update is good news!

http://women.evenhealth.com

Oh my word!! I'm sending love & prayers to your family & your friends. I hope he starts recovering soon.

News on Tony's surgeryWell, Tony made it through surgery yesterday, for the grafts to both hands. However, he is still in critical condition. He is also scheduled for more surgery next week for grafting for his back and sides.

Thank you for your all of your prayers.

Update on neighborsI am just a bundle of good news today.

My neighbor Tony is being released from the hospital today. :balloon: He still has a long road ahead of him with therapy.

Also, last week, their new manufactured home was set on the foundation. They should hopefully be able to move in by the end of next week. :)

Glad things are going good for the other family. I am wondering how your son is doing????

Thanks for the update! Will continue to pray for Tony and his family!

YEAH!! That is great to hear!

Gosh, that is terrible, I will add them to our church prayer chain and kep them in our prayers.

I am behind, can you tell? Glad to hear they are doing better, but I will continue to keep them in our prayers.

So glad it's getting better for them!

1. What happened to your neighbor's house and family?

On Tuesday afternoon, my neighbor's house caught on fire and unfortunately, the father was the only one home at the time. The house was completely destroyed and the father, Tony, is currently in the hospital in serious condition.

2. How can I help or support your neighbor's family?

Thank you for your kindness and willingness to help. At the moment, the best thing you can do is to keep the family in your thoughts and prayers. You can also consider reaching out to local organizations or charities to see if they have any resources or assistance available for the family.

3. Can you provide more information about the family and their current situation?

The family consists of five members - the father (Tony), mother, two young girls (ages 4 and 8), and an uncle who is a quadraplegic. Unfortunately, the father had just lost his job last Friday and now they have lost their home as well. The family is currently dealing with this tragedy and we won't know more about their situation for a while.

4. How is your family involved in this situation?

My mother and husband were the ones who saw the fire and went over to the neighbor's house to check if anyone was inside. They were able to save the father's life and have been supporting the family during this difficult time.

5. Can you share a news story or article about this incident?

Yes, there is a news story about the incident that you can read for more information. The link is http://www.kirotv.com/news/15959467/detail.html. My mother can be seen crying in the video and my husband is the one talking about the girls. Thank you for taking the time to learn more about our neighbor's situation.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Chef_2_Four
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MomToEli
  • Brenda.the.chef