• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

offTopic-My Neighbor's House Burned Down Today

In summary, an arson occurred this morning at a vacant house across the street from the person's home. The person called 911 and started video recording with their iPad. The arson investigator said the suspect confessed to starting the fire.
kristina16marie
Gold Member
So I woke up to the sound of an explosion and went to the window to see thick black smoke pouring out of the vacant house across the street and the suspected arsonist on the roof. I called 911 and then started taking video with my iPad. It was an eventful morning to say the least.

The guy was treated for burns & taken to the hospital. He did confess to starting the fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZH5Fh3NecFQ

wow. Amazing how fast it went. Scary too!
Seemed like in 5 minutes the top floor was gone. It makes me glad I am less than 1/2 mile from a large fire station (6-8 trucks).

arson investigators recovered 4 gasoline cans and the home was empty so it went up quicker, but i was still shocked by how fast it started collapsing.

Holy cow! I'm glad no one was in the house! PS - the iPad takes AMAZING video!

EmilyStraw said:
Holy cow! I'm glad no one was in the house! PS - the iPad takes AMAZING video!

lol - and that was the ipad 2 not the 3!

I thought you were saying LAST week. Totally didn't get that it was today!Still glad no INNOCENT people were injured. ;)

wow oh wow!!! so thankful no one was hurt! sure don't understand why people do some things......

WOW..so glad that no one was hurt. Also..I wanted to say think you for the little pop up you did saying about 911 Dispatchers. As a 911 Dispatcher you have no idea how much just that little pop up meant.

How awful!

was going to say, house looks vacant, looks like an insurance thing

I think she's friends with the neighbor & this was just a vandal thing. Let's hope at least! If it was a botched attempt at insurance fraud, he's paying the price now.

Oh, my goodness! How scary for you and the kids. Thank God no one got seriously injured. And for all the 911 dispatchers out there, you do an amazing job for those of us that have had to call for help in the past. I don't know how you can stay as calm and collected as you do. Hats off to you guys!!

Thanks you guys - the house was vacant, but not an insurance thing. The bank owned it & the previous owner is a police officer and friend of mine. The suspect is another neighbor who lives on our street! He suffers from mental issues (CLEARLY!) and is still in the hospital after confessing to the arson.Heidi - thank you for all your hard work. The first 4 times I called 911, it said all circuits were busy and I wasn't expecting that. I found out later from the fire dept that there were only 2 people on shift. That was surprising since San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the US. Anyways, I was just surprised and shocked and wanted the FD to get there quick because the fire was spreading so quickly. Thank you again for your hard work and service. We do truly appreciate you!

I'm amazed that was only one fire engine that came and nearly put it all out. A fire like that would have brought at least 4 trucks (maybe cause there is nothing better to do in our town)

How scary for you and the kids. You kept your cool pretty well though.... and that iPad does take great video!

Yes, three did end up coming. I had to stop recording when my kids started fighting in the background. lol.

kristina16marie said:
Thanks you guys - the house was vacant, but not an insurance thing. The bank owned it & the previous owner is a police officer and friend of mine. The suspect is another neighbor who lives on our street! He suffers from mental issues (CLEARLY!) and is still in the hospital after confessing to the arson.

HOLY COW! That is unbelievable! What would possess him to do such a thing??? Did you finally get a hold of your neighbor, Robert, to tell him? Did the crazy neighbor have a problem with him?

maldvs said:
HOLY COW! That is unbelievable! What would possess him to do such a thing??? Did you finally get a hold of your neighbor, Robert, to tell him? Did the crazy neighbor have a problem with him?
The arson investigator I talked to said the guy was off his meds. Robert lost the house & moved out last June & the arsonist moved in before Christmas, they never met.

Glad it wasn't worse.

1. What happened to your neighbor's house?

Unfortunately, my neighbor's house caught on fire and was completely destroyed.

2. How did the fire start?

The cause of the fire is still under investigation, but it is believed to have started in the kitchen.

3. Were there any injuries?

Thankfully, everyone in the house was able to get out safely and there were no injuries.

4. How can I help?

There are a few ways you can help. You can donate money or items to the family, offer your support and assistance, or spread the word to others who may be able to help.

5. Is there anything specific the family needs?

Right now, the family is in need of temporary housing, clothing, and basic necessities. They are also accepting donations to help with rebuilding and replacing their belongings. You can reach out to them directly for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
smspamperedchef
Back