• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Just Got a Taste of Home Entertaining Invite....lookie

In summary, Angie West contacted the person who replied to her email and asked them to visit her website. Angie West wants to know how the person got her email address, and the person replied with a different story.
Cindycooks
Silver Member
this is the email. I deleted her phone number. I want to know how she got my email! Maybe I'll email her and recruit her. LOLOLOLOL WHOA - check out her personal pic on her website....I'm just sayin.......

Hello my name is Angie West. I am an Independent consultant for Taste of Home Entertaining. I would like to extend an invite for you to visit my website at
www.awest.tohe.com . This is a brand new company that just launched in May of this year and has been referred to as the biggest launch in direct sales history. Backed by Readers digest, TV food network, Rachael Ray and Taste of Home magazine, the company is dedicated to providing the Highest quality of products at very reasonable prices. I would love to speak with you if you think you might be interested in learning more about this exciting ground floor opportunity. Thanks for your time!

Angie West
Independent Charter Consultant
Taste of Home Entertaining

OMG the host rewards totally suck (click on consultant opportunity). I dont know why the host rewards are listed there, but they are.

I know what you mean Cindy. Somebody kept finding me and would not stop hounding me. Finally I told her to beat it!:p The story below is somebody completely different!;)

I agree that the host benefits stink. I swapped shows with a lady and it's this friday night. I'll let you know how it goes!

By the way, the host special is a 12" skillet. It says that it is 12" Anodized Skillet for $99.96 but if I have a minimum of $250 in sales, I get it for $29.96. I can also get the skillet free with $750 or more in sales. I told my rep that I probably wouldn't be getting it since I own almost every piece of Executive and Professional. She agreed.

The guest speical for August is $10 off the Gramercy Mug Tree. The special price is $9.96 but you must have a minimum purchase of $29.96 to get at that special.

So, if anyone needs anything, please let me know!:D

HaHa - cant wait to hear all about your show - and how the show you are doing for her goes!

Anyone have a good comeback line for me to respond to Angies email? Naughty or Nice? Maybe nice - kill her with kindness - I know how I used to feel starting out with PC, but gosh I sure didnt email people out of nowhere!

You can put a personal pic on your website too! Just go to PWS assistant and browse for a pic of you on your computer. You can put it in the space next to your name on your PWS.

I didn't know that we were part of a beauty pagent did you guys??? ONLY a 199.99..... that is a little outrageous for my taste... what do you gys think?? DID you know this Angie person before the email??? I only emailed and talk to people who where friends and family.

I don't think she should be bashed because she has a pretty picture on her site. I do think it was inappropriate for her to email someone that she doesn't know. That's a bit odd, and the startup cost is too high for me too.

No Leah! Just opened up my email and there it was! After an already stressful day (first week back teaching)...it was pretty unnerving and comical at the same time! After looking at their starter kit, I really do not see them as much competition. Our things seem much more practical and what most people will want! $199! "thud"!

Yep Gillian - I know about the personal pic - I had one of myself for awhile, but I was not wearing a pagent dress.

Last edited:
Hmmm...I wonder if she had ever been a Director with our company? Did you know that if you are at the Director level with PC that you can't try to recruit any PC consultants for 2 years after you leave?

I just signed my Director agreement and that line is VERY clear! And this is a legal, binding document!

Just a thought....:rolleyes:

Can you imagine hauling all that junk around??? That starter kit looks heavy!!! Glasses, plates, silverware, pitchers, OMG!! You have to be a body builder to lug that into several homes a week or even a month!!!

And what is that "**When a host special is offered**"??? What is that about???? Besides their host benefits stink in general, they should at least have a host/guest special every month!!!

okay, my experience.
I wanted to know what they were going to have and to see what the competition would be like. I have some very good hosts that love anything "new"
So I put in an email on their site saying I would be interested in hosting a party. I have done it with others before so no biggie.
first of the woman that I spoke to was so nice she ssaid she had 200 consultants on her team!!!
which is crazy unless , I don't know how they work it. but we were chatting and she said she would liove to come do a show for me in september. I asked her where she was from and she was 4 hours away!!!
I said sweetie, I wouldn't be able to stand it if you came all the way down here and didn't do fantastic!
There is no way I could have a good enough show for her, that would justify her driving 4 hours for it!
anyway, the catalog looked to have a lot of decorator stuff in it and I loved the dishes....pricey though!
I am not sure if you noticed but if you look and read about their starter kit you only get ONE dish and ONE glass etc....
so you p[ay all this money and you don't even get an actual set for yourself!
another thing you have to love from PC they treat us right. Imagine if we only got display items and not things we could keep love and enjoy forever.
Ridiculous.
That little note in the starter kit turned me off to the whole company.
It was just cheesy.

I just looked at the starter kit, and their moto: "We enhance lives by providing quality products that bring joy to our friends, and opportunity that enriches our soul."

How does an entertaining piece enrich your soul? :confused: I think that is pretty goofy. :rolleyes: Of course after re-reading that, I could've misunderstood it, but still....

Not to mention, their starter kit looks like a bunch of junk to clutter up my house, not actually things you'd use on a daily basis...

My 2 cents...

Last edited:
Okay, I had to weigh in here....I think you all are being a little harsh about another company. Granted, you may not like their sales and recruiting tactics and hopefully it isn't something that any of us are doing - however..... I have heard about some PC consultants beng just as aggresive and some of our consultants are even prettier than her.

I was invited to a show last month by one of the consultants in our cluster whos sister is a TOHE consultant and they were doing a joint show. I was very impressed and I think that their products are quite nice and of good quality too (and more affordable that SL@H - which btw I also like very much - I almost became a SL consultant until I realized that I would have to undecorate my home everytime I had a show and carry all that heavy stuff!...I just love my 1 crate and tta tote!). Yes, there is a little cross-over with our stuff, but in no way are they a huge competition to us.

I do find in a little hard to believe that this person has 200 consultants under her though. The company has been around for less than a year and this is their first catalog. Either she's exagerating or she's been really busy! If she actually does have that many this quickly maybe she can teach us a thing or two about recruiting! I'd certainly be willing to listen.

Be nice ladies.....We don't ever want to give someone the opportunity to talk bad about us!
Linda

From what my lady said it was that she was first in line and then they assigned under her. I guess that is how they worked it, at least to begin with.
I liked alot of stuff in the catalog, justtoo pricey for my current situation- there's six in my house and to get extra dishes it was like wow! But, to be fair I am always like that with dishes so I will continue to walmart clearance until the kids are bigger and less breeakage worries :)
As for the consultant, sweet as all heck, informative, fun to talk to and just an al around nice lady. Would have loved to have her down here and see what she does, but I can't chance her not having a good show...the guilt would kill me!
The starter kit and the fact that you only get a setting for 1 really does annoy the heck out of me. I do not feel I would be able to give an honest assesment of the product if it sat in my crate between shows because it would be silly for me to use it.
As a consultant, it does turn me off to the company, I guess I am biased but when I looked at other companies before PC it was the same way. I don't need clutter to sell, I want to buy a kit full of things I can use and I want to be able to love the company I am with and not have that little nag in the back of my head about the starter kit.

If I looked like her I'd put my picture on my website too!

I think their products look realy nice! I saw a few items I would love to have in my home. I would go to a party if I were invited.

I do agree $199 for the kit is a lot when you only get 1 of each item. I always carry too much to my shows, so heavy wouldn't bother me:).

I think some of the consultants will do really well with the business at first. Anything new always seems to take off quickly. I just wonder how the staying power will be. Everyone knows PC and loves the quality, guarantees and customer service. I'd prefer to work for a solid company that's been around for a while. I'm not a risk taker - the most wealthy people in the world are though. I wish any consultant of any company the best of luck. I've worked for leads with a Cookie Lee consultant and it has paid off for both of us.

I was looking into the At home america business and they say they'll give you a free kit-you just have to pay s&h and taxes on it which still come up to be about $50 and then you have to do $1000 in sales in your first 35 days in the business or they make you pay $149 for the kit....how weird is that?

I agree with Linda...there is a bit of crossover but I don't see them as a huge direct threat to my business. I would also love to go to a show and see what they have to offer AND to see how they structure their shows.

My picture that is on my profile on here is the same picture that is on my personal website for PC.... It shows the real me ... but hey that is me ya know!!!

This is the link to the gal that I know - she also is very sweet and we have agreeded to swap parties - it's just a matter of both of us getting our calendars in synch.

I am hoping these link...
www.entertainwithlori.tohe.com
Newsletter:
file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Leea/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/OLK23D/Lori_Surma-Heine%201%20.htm

What is "I Just Got a Taste of Home Entertaining Invite"?

"I Just Got a Taste of Home Entertaining Invite" is a unique and fun way to experience Pampered Chef products and recipes in the comfort of your own home.

How does it work?

As a host, you will invite your friends and family to your home for a cooking demonstration, led by a Pampered Chef consultant. The consultant will showcase our products and prepare delicious recipes for everyone to try.

Do I have to purchase anything?

There is no obligation to purchase anything at a "I Just Got a Taste of Home Entertaining Invite" event. However, if you do decide to make a purchase, your host may receive free products or discounts as a thank you.

What kind of recipes will be demonstrated?

The recipes demonstrated at a "I Just Got a Taste of Home Entertaining Invite" event will vary, but they will always feature Pampered Chef products and ingredients. They may include appetizers, main dishes, desserts, and more.

Can I host an event if I don't have any experience with Pampered Chef products?

Absolutely! "I Just Got a Taste of Home Entertaining Invite" events are perfect for those who are new to Pampered Chef and want to learn more about our products. Your consultant will be there to guide you and answer any questions you may have.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ddcook
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
MamaChef
  • Jennie4PC
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
jaye
  • Jessamary