1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Not sure where to ask this question

1. debbieskitchenhelper

debbieskitchenhelper Member Gold Member

Has anyone ever heard of the company or product called Mona-vie juice?? I had gotten 2 bottles and started taking them, but they are very expensive, but the pulse juice did seem to help the pains I get in my legs. I was just curious if anyone else has ever heard of this or know anything about the company. If anyone has any information, would you please share it? Thanks.

2. ChefJWarren

ChefJWarren Advanced Member Gold Member

The most I can add is that I have heard of them. Most people I know who drink it, like it's results.

Jul 1, 2009
  3. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

It's a big deal in MLM. I know several people that "sell" it (it's ridiculously expensive) and every time they try to explain to me how they get paid my eyes glaze over. Something about 1 tier, a sub tier, it's nothing like any MLM I've ever seen. The Acai berry is pretty amazing....but I personally think it tastes a little like cough syrup. Supposed to be good stuff, but their claims to cure autism and cancer are a little far fetched I think.

Jul 1, 2009
  4. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

I have only ever tried Xango... I did like it's affects but it is $25 a bottle. About 1/2 that if you sign up.

Jul 1, 2009
  5. debbieskitchenhelper

Thanks everyone for your replys. I do like how I felt on it,, but I do not want to sign up and it very expensive so I do not think I will continue with it, I was just curious if anyone else knew about it. It was all new to me.

6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I'd probably look at the main ingredient(s) and try to find another product similar. If one product works, you can bet someone else makes something similar for less $$$.

Jul 1, 2009
  7. chefann

chefann Legend Member Gold Member

Costco actually sells an acai berry juice - they include it in the email specials fairly regularly.

Jul 1, 2009
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Vitacost.com is a good source for things too. I get several items that if I bought through the manufacturer, would cost me double. I know they have several of those juices- just depends on what you are looking for.

Jul 1, 2009
  9. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I compared the Costco one with the Mona Vie - and it's very similar, but about half the price. They were demoing it one day, and it was good - I liked it better than the sample I'd had of the Mona Vie. DS liked it too.

If it really helps you, it might be worth the $50 membership fee to purchase it there. But then, that statement is coming from a Costco Addict...:rolleyes::eek:

Jul 1, 2009
  10. legacypc46

legacypc46 Senior Member Gold Member

DH has a couple family members who are very involved with this company. Despite the product being a good one, it's all about the MLM plan: The bottles 'retail' for $40...but if you sign up as a distributor, you can get xx cases for only $20 a bottle...and if you sign xx people, you get your bottles for free plus overrides...and if your people sign xx people, then you get all kinds of two-digit overrides.

You can find other acai berry drinks on the market; just check the juice levels. The mark-up on MV is way out of whack. (I'm told the founders come from another well-known recruit-focused company...initials are AW.)

(This is one more reason why I don't hesitate to recommend PC products or the business to anyone. Our products are fairly priced and our career plan doesn't gouge our customers. Thank you Doris)

Jul 1, 2009
  11. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

There are a few similar products at Sam's Club. The Furry Guy and I use Glacial Milk as a daily multi-vitamin.

Jul 1, 2009
  12. debbieskitchenhelper

Thank you for all that responded. We do not have a costco around here but we do have a sams club. I will look there for something similiar. I appreciate all the feed back and as for them wanting you to sell it, I agree, the woman that I got the two bottles from has been almost calling non stop and telling me if I get a couple of other people that want the product and decide to sell it how much cheaper it would be for me. I am no way interested. So again thanks for all the comments.

13. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Ahhhh, that explains it. I thought their spiel sounded awfully familiar! Being from the city that is funded by AW - I cannot tell you how many times I've been hounded by people who guarantee me I'll be able to retire in 3 years....:rolleyes:

I have a host next week who wants to sign, but I have to meet with her and her husband, because the DH has been so burned by AW, that he is afraid that PC will be just like it....

Jul 2, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted