1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Guest Special and PWS Orders

1. MLinAZ

MLinAZ Member Gold Member

Does anyone else find that their guests have trouble with the Guest Special when ordering on the PWS?

It seems like most of the time guests don't know to order it so I end up following-up with them to add it (which isn't a problem - gives me a really good excuse to get on the phone!). But then today I got an order and she ordered 2 cookbooks, both as the free ones. So now I have to call her and tell her uh, sorry but your order just went up ~$16 because you can't get TWO free cookbooks!

What do you do to help make this process easier? Is it in your host coaching?

Aug 25, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

I think that's just the way it goes. The guest special terms are explained in the flier, not sure about the page on which it's displayed on the website. Some people are just always going to be looking to get something for nothing.

Aug 25, 2009
  3. taterbug

taterbug Member

I received a guest order today and noticed that she only ordered $10.50 in products, but the order shows her receiving a free cookbook. I just went in as a "guest" under the same show and if you click on the guest special link, it does not say anything about a minimum order of $60.00. Something doesn't seem right.......

Aug 25, 2009
  4. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

This is the kind of stuff that needs to be sent to HO as feedback. They need to know that there is a need for some sort of disclaimer on the site, or adjustment to the programming so it recognizes the Guest Specials and the need for the qualifying order amount.

Aug 25, 2009
  5. taterbug

taterbug Member

I agree and will shoot them an email. The only thing I saw regarding the guest special is the flashing screen on my home page. It is extremely possible to miss it there and again, unless you specifically open that, you still don't see the disclaimer about spending $60.

Aug 25, 2009
Have something to add?