• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Ordered but Not From Pws!

In summary, even if you take all the precautions listed in the summary, some guests will still be unable to find the website or order online. There are also some incompatibility issues with hand-held devices and the website.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
It's official. Even if you:

• Send the invitations yourself
• Clearly post your PWS on your invitations and detailed instructions on how to order.
• Provide clear ordering instructions to your host
• Use the same labels you use on your catalog as return address labels

There will STILL be some guests who cannot find the website to save their life! One was kind enough to call me and I got the info from her via phone, the other went to Pampered chef dot com and got "assigned" to some random consultant 20 miles north of me. By the time I was given the order number, it was too late for the guest to cancel it and I was not the "consultant of record" so I wouldn't have been able to even if it wasn't already in the warehouse.

Just frustrating. Hope this small order doesn't keep my host from the next level!

Yup. The intelligence of some people just blows my mind. :)

Here's the fun part. The host's name was "Dawn" and the random consultant's name was "Dawnita" so I'm guessing that she tried to search for the host's name even though HO said, "She apparently made no effort to find you ...."

esavvymom said:
Yup. The intelligence of some people just blows my mind. :)

LOL. The way the consultant websites were implemented blow my mind.

The guest can always send back her item and order on the host's show. Unfortunately, I've had several of HOL's that were exactly that stupid. So, not only did I lose a sale but I also lost my lead. I always have had the "customer" return her item immediately so she can quickly get her money back and order on the correct show.

I know it isn't the home office's fault, but it's why I always make sure when I coach my host that she knows what can happen if she doesn't personally call and tell each guests how to order.

I have many guest have a hard time with the web site! it doesn't allow them in.
Heres a good one, my recent hostess called to say her sister can not find her name in the web site. so we went on together and it would not go through, so then we just put in her first name and it want through. (??)

Also alot of these hand held devices ( the ones that only get apps) are not compatable with our web sites. I had 1 woman whose daughter had a wedding registry with me & talking with her over the phone, she still could not get to it! ( it was a Galaxy something or other) I even called tech support & they told me they are working on it! HTH :D

Ginger428 said:
Also alot of these hand held devices ( the ones that only get apps) are not compatable with our web sites. I had 1 woman whose daughter had a wedding registry with me & talking with her over the phone, she still could not get to it! ( it was a Galaxy something or other) I even called tech support & they told me they are working on it! HTH :D

It's because the "Order Online" link for whatever reason incorporates flash, and mobile devices aren't flash compatible.

Chefgirl2 said:
....I know it isn't the home office's fault....

But it is. HO implemented the personal websites this way.

You know, I have never needed "detailed instructions on how to order" on any other website. Have you? I think it's pretty easy to put stuff in a cart and checkout.

The PC website also times out and goes back to corporate, depending on how long the person lets the page sit there. Some of this could be solved if there was a screen at the end of the ordering process that asked if the order goes to a specific show.

Yes, I know I'm beating a dead horse here. :mad:

ShellBeach said:
But it is. HO implemented the personal websites this way.

You know, I have never needed "detailed instructions on how to order" on any other website. Have you? I think it's pretty easy to put stuff in a cart and checkout.

The PC website also times out and goes back to corporate, depending on how long the person lets the page sit there. Some of this could be solved if there was a screen at the end of the ordering process that asked if the order goes to a specific show.

Yes, I know I'm beating a dead horse here. :mad:

I like the idea of at check out asking or at least confirming the consultant and/or host it's getting credited to.

There should be an easier way, I agree! Sometimes, hosts have names that are hard to spell, and if you don't get it spelled correctly, it won't go through. :(

I have found Partylite's website to be much the same as ours, with the detailed instructions bit.

1. Why did a guest order but not from Pws!?

There could be a few reasons for this. It's possible that the guest found a better deal or preferred the user experience on a different website. It's also possible that they were not aware of Pws! or simply forgot to order from there.

2. Will I still receive credit for the order if the guest did not order from Pws!?

Unfortunately, no. In order to receive credit for an order, it must be placed through Pws! This is why it's important to always remind guests to order through our platform.

3. Can I contact the guest and ask them to order through Pws! instead?

Yes, you can reach out to the guest and kindly ask them to place their order through Pws! Let them know that it helps support our business and allows us to continue providing great products and services.

4. Is there a way to prevent guests from ordering outside of Pws!?

Unfortunately, we cannot control where guests choose to place their orders. However, we can continue to promote the benefits of ordering through Pws! and make the process as easy and convenient as possible for our customers.

5. How can I track orders that were not placed through Pws!?

You can't track orders that were not placed through Pws! However, you can still keep track of total sales and revenue by monitoring your overall business performance. It's also important to keep a record of any orders that were not placed through Pws! for reporting purposes.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MLinAZ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
taterbug
  • ttotsis
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ttotsis
  • chefmarey