• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guest Special Alert Not Working

In summary, the guest special alert not working when closing out a show is a common problem. Home Office is always willing to help out if contacted.
family4dinner
Is anyone else having trouble with the guest special alert not working when closing out a show? I submitted a show last week and forgot to order one guest special. Normally when this happens, the system lets me know that a guest has qualified for the special but hasn't ordered it and I can correct it before submitting the show. Well, I just did a trial with a different show and again it did not alert me that the guest special was missing even though the order was over $60. Has this happened to anyone else?

Should I call home office and explain that it was not my fault that the cookbook wasn't ordered, or should I just order one on my dime and send it to the guest?

I would call PC first. There is always the chance that they will help you out. Nothing hurt by trying.

This happened to me with a show submitted last week. There was no notification that I forgot to add the guest special. I just called to do a product adjustment and they will send the guest the cookbook she wanted.

I'm glad it is not just me! I think I will run an update on my P3 system to see if that corrects the problem.

I called Home Office today and they sent out the missing item to my customer...I LOVE the company we work for - they are amazing!!

Yeah I had that problem on my 5 shows I submitted last night!

So I'm brand new and submitting my first three shows tonight (hopefully) and I can't figure out how to get the guest special ordered. Every time I type in the product code it just charges the regular amount. I've tried it on four separate guests who all have well over $60 in total products. Can somebody guide me a little on what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance! ---------Never mind! I figured it out.

Last edited:
Glad you figured it out. Congratulations on getting your first shows submitted.

family4dinner said:
... Should I call home office and explain that it was not my fault that the cookbook wasn't ordered...

That's an interesting statement. Part of your job as a consultant is to check, double check & triple check that your guests & hosts are getting the most that they can get. The system flag is there as a backup, not to replace your Customer Service.

And what about the Host Special? There is no flag if you leave that off the order. Do you offer it to all your Hosts or only if they ask?

I recommend that you find a system to follow. Double check the name, e-mail address, phone number & address. Double check the shipping info to verify that it's going where they want it to go. Make sure each guest's order total & amount paid match. Double check to see that if they booked a show you added them as a booking & gave the host credit. Double check to verify that they got the Guest Special (if applicable) ~ then do the same for the Host, double check all of her info, her items, make sure she used all of her benefits including the Host Special (if she wanted them) and THEN start the submit process. Not only will you have happy Hosts & Guests by providing amazing customer service, but when you take the time to confirm that there are no typos and that you didn't accidentally omit a benefit that they earned, you are creating less follow up work for yourself. Less adjustments, less calls to HO, less apologies to someone who didn't get everything they should have gotten and more of your paycheck to spend on things that YOU want vs paying for something for a Host/Guest because you didn't do your due diligence to ensure that it was correct when you submitted the order. You'll find it's much less work that way. ;)

1. Why is my guest special alert not working?

There are a few possible reasons why your guest special alert may not be working. It could be due to a technical issue with the alert system, incorrect settings or configurations, or your device may not be receiving the alerts. It is also possible that the guest special alert feature is not available for your specific account or device.

2. How do I fix the issue with my guest special alert not working?

If your guest special alert is not working, try troubleshooting the issue by checking your device's settings, ensuring the alert feature is enabled, and restarting your device. If the problem persists, contact the provider or manufacturer for further assistance.

3. Can I customize my guest special alert?

The customization options for guest special alerts may vary depending on the provider or device. Some may allow you to choose specific guests or events to receive alerts for, while others may only have a general alert for all guests. Check your device's settings or contact the provider for more information.

4. How will I know if the guest special alert is working?

If your guest special alert is working properly, you should receive a notification or alert on your device when the specified guest or event occurs. You may also be able to check the settings or history of alerts on your device to confirm that they are working.

5. Can I turn off my guest special alert?

Yes, you can usually turn off your guest special alert by adjusting the settings on your device or contacting the provider. However, keep in mind that turning off the alert means you will no longer receive notifications for the specified guests or events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • JanisF
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
AnaCash
  • straitfan