• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Guesses/Wishes on the Next Incentive Trip

In summary, the 2011 Incentive Program will likely involve a cruise, but there is no guarantee. The cost of group travel is high and shows no signs of slowing down. There is a possibility of a domestic trip for lower level, similar to San Francisco a few years ago. NYC would be great, but it's such an expensive city.
Becca_in_MD
Gold Member
Time for the annual thread on what you think or wish the 2011 Incentive Program will involve.

I'll put some PC bucks down on a bet for a cruise. We haven't seen one of those in a few years.

My greater wish is to reduce the recruiting requirement for level 1.

Becca_in_MD said:
Time for the annual thread on what you think or wish the 2011 Incentive Program will involve.

I'll put some PC bucks down on a bet for a cruise. We haven't seen one of those in a few years.

My greater wish is to reduce the recruiting requirement for level 1.

Not gonna happen. The costs of group travel are at an all time high and show no signs of stopping or slowing down.

I'll bet a cruise too. We haven't had a 7 day cruise since 2006 or 2007, so it would make sense. I'd love to go on a cruise somewhere other than the Bahamas.

DebinIA said:
Not gonna happen. The costs of group travel are at an all time high and show no signs of stopping or slowing down.

I'll bet a cruise too. We haven't had a 7 day cruise since 2006 or 2007, so it would make sense. I'd love to go on a cruise somewhere other than the Bahamas.

Same here!

If not a cruise...I would love to see a Family Vacation again this year. But since they just did Disney last year, I know that's probably wishful thinking.

The "cheaper" cruises seem to be the Bahamas ones, esp. doing the 3-4 day cruise as a lower level trip. Maybe there are similar ones to Mexico, a la The Love Boat. Boy oh boy did I always watch that show. My DH could get on board if the higher level is a Mediterranean cruise. That would be fabulous!

Even if they stick with Canada for lower level, which I doubt they'll do 2 years in a row, go west young man and let's go to Vancouver. Love that city.

Probably something domestic for lower level, similar to San Francisco a few years ago. NYC would be great, but it's such an expensive city. Please, no DC says the woman who lives there.

No gueses on a trip, but I would really like them to bring back something for a "level 1" no trip option...I didn't make the Toronto incentive, but I'm in the 40+k point level and I"d love a little something like we used to have, even free conference.

Becca_in_MD said:
The "cheaper" cruises seem to be the Bahamas ones, esp. doing the 3-4 day cruise as a lower level trip. Maybe there are similar ones to Mexico, a la The Love Boat. Boy oh boy did I always watch that show. My DH could get on board if the higher level is a Mediterranean cruise. That would be fabulous!

Even if they stick with Canada for lower level, which I doubt they'll do 2 years in a row, go west young man and let's go to Vancouver. Love that city.

Probably something domestic for lower level, similar to San Francisco a few years ago. NYC would be great, but it's such an expensive city. Please, no DC says the woman who lives there.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. DC was one of the choices the last time we had a 4 day cruise I believe. I think it was London or DC for the top level and 4 day Bahamas cruise for the second level. That trip would have been earned in 2007 and travelled in 2008, so very, very recent.

I would love to see the next trip be a cruise. I can't even imagine. They really always blow my mind. I wasn't thrilled about Toronto, but I know that that trip will be amazing!

DebinIA said:
I don't think you'll have to worry about that. DC was one of the choices the last time we had a 4 day cruise I believe. I think it was London or DC for the top level and 4 day Bahamas cruise for the second level. That trip would have been earned in 2007 and travelled in 2008, so very, very recent.

Yes, DC was the top level. It was DC for 4 people or London for 2 people.

I can remember Miami being a lower level but don't think it was the same year as DC/London. Miami didn't excite me, either.

Any time they want to send me back to Atlantis, I'll be there. I seem to earn a trip every other year so I'm already mentally gearing up to make sure I earn whatever it is in 2011.

I would love an Alaskan cruise for lvl 1 if they do cruises.

Note - anyone who lives in Alaska but hasn't done an AK cruise please understand that these cruises are amazing and if you haven't been on one, don't expect it to be any less amazing than any other cruise.

Well, it won't be London because the Olympics are in London summer 2012 - I'd love something European - I lived in Germany for three years and since I'm having trouble convincing hubby we need to do that again I could get really excited about a vacation. I'm thinking lower level will be something small like airfair and 2-3 nights in a hotel in a city of your choice off a list - you know like Dallas, LA, Seattle, Chicago, NYC, Atlanta, etc.

I would love a cruise to anywhere. Maybe not the Bahamas- was there in Feb. and not impressed, but then again I was 7 months pregnant and staying with my husbands entire family!

My hubby would die for an Alaskan cruise. Me- I am on the fence about that one.

Ok so my conslusion- I will go wherever the trip is!! I just want to be able to go!

heather223 said:
I would love a cruise to anywhere. Maybe not the Bahamas- was there in Feb. and not impressed, but then again I was 7 months pregnant and staying with my husbands entire family!

My hubby would die for an Alaskan cruise. Me- I am on the fence about that one.

Ok so my conslusion- I will go wherever the trip is!! I just want to be able to go!

My grandparents retired and to celebrate, grandma's cousin and her husband took them on an Alaskan cruise. They had so much fun that it's in the plans to be a yearly trip for them! After seeing all the photos of their trip I REALLY can't wait to get a chance to go someday!

Tokyo! You all need to win a trip to Tokyo Disney!!! LOL. I'd love to have you come to my stomping ground for a change. ;)

wow, Sheila, gotta tell you, Tokyo would totally motivate me! I have wanted to go to Tokyo since I was little! It's pretty expensive, though, isn't it?I would love to go on an Alaska cruise. I have been on one, about 5-6 years ago. it was truly amazing. Shelby, go. even if not with PC, save your pennies. We went in May, because it was cheaper, bur we had FANTASTIC weather. Even without great weather, I loved it. Glacier Bay was amazing, so you want to be sure your ship is small enough to go deep into it.
the scale of things is so overwhelming and astonishing. You'll be looking at something in the distance, cant' tell how far away it is, but you guess at size....then the ranger or someone says..."and that's 10 miles across" and you were thinking maybe 300 yards!!!!!
oops sorry started raving.

Marghi, right now we are suffering through the change that America so desperately wanted. The ¥ to $ ratio has flipped. It used to be around 84¥ to $1.00, but now it's 124¥ to $1.00. So something that used to cost us around $8.40 would now cost $12.40. Military who live out in town are feeling it the most. Someone who pays 150,000¥ for rent used to actually hand over $1,260. Now they hand over $1,860. It's been very hard for them. Many of us have begun to avoid shopping in the local economy if we can find a comparable item on base because of the exchange rate. It's too expensive!!! :(

Correction: It used to be 124¥ to $1.00 & is currently around 84¥ to $1.00 - dd the math right just let the kids distract me enough that I wrote out the "then & now" backwards! ;)

Last edited:
I'm confused Sheila! The higher the yen rate, the better for Americans living there - when I was there it got up to like 147 once and we were thrilled!! Because, for example, if something costs 1000 yen, at a yen rate of 100 that costs us $10. But for the same 1000 yen, at a yen rate of 147, that costs us $6.80 (1000/147=6.80). BUT - I do know that often prices would go up in the local economy when the yen rate went up like that, so things could get more expensive!

I'd love to go back to Japan and would be super excited if that's where our trip was going! Or Australia. That would rock. Or somewhere south, like Brazil.

I want a "old" Level one incentive!! I had a few consultants who had 20,000 points and I think an incentive of free hotel night, gift card, etc would have motivated them to do a little more with their business!! I didn't earn Toronto, but would have loved something for "second" place!!

My bets are cruise and overseas again! Toronto didn't excite me, I still would have went if I had earned it, but it didn't make me want do a ton of shows these past months to earn it! I would love Canada, but the mountains would have been awesome!!! I hear the train rides thru there are unbelievable!!

cookn' katie said:
My bets are cruise and overseas again! Toronto didn't excite me, I still would have went if I had earned it, but it didn't make me want do a ton of shows these past months to earn it! I would love Canada, but the mountains would have been awesome!!! I hear the train rides thru there are unbelievable!!

Our Dream Vacation is to go back to Colorado and do more exploring.

My husband and I went to Durango, CO. (way before our son was born) and we still say that was the best vacation we've ever had. We took the Durango/Silverton train ride (AWESOME!), we went two-tracking in the Las Plades (sp?) Mountains, we got to climb all through Mesa Verde, Went to a Rodeo (not my cup of tea...), and got to go to a Chuckwagon Dinner Theatre that was so much fun! It was just the best time, and our Dream is to take our son back and have him experience all of the fun! Plus, the river was too high when we were there, so we didn't get to go White Water Rafting...and we'd love to go back and do that! We've been rafting in the New River Gorge in the Appalachians a couple of times, but we want to try the Colorado River!

mountainmama74 said:
I'm confused Sheila! The higher the yen rate, the better for Americans living there - when I was there it got up to like 147 once and we were thrilled!! Because, for example, if something costs 1000 yen, at a yen rate of 100 that costs us $10. But for the same 1000 yen, at a yen rate of 147, that costs us $6.80 (1000/147=6.80). BUT - I do know that often prices would go up in the local economy when the yen rate went up like that, so things could get more expensive!

I'd love to go back to Japan and would be super excited if that's where our trip was going! Or Australia. That would rock. Or somewhere south, like Brazil.

You are so right! I had the kids distracting me & wanting dinner when I was typing that out & I said it backward. It used to be 124 when I first moved here which was really good & is currently around 84 yen to the US Dollar which is horrible. I did the math right, just wrote it backwards. ;)

cookn' katie said:
I want a "old" Level one incentive!! I had a few consultants who had 20,000 points and I think an incentive of free hotel night, gift card, etc would have motivated them to do a little more with their business!! I didn't earn Toronto, but would have loved something for "second" place!!

I'd still like to earn something when not reaching the current level one. I was so close to earning the "old" level one.

I am wondering cruise as well, and an Alaskan cruise would suit me fine!!!! It has been a while since they offered a cruise so maybe it will be......

I want to go to Italy!!!!!!!! or Ireland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or Australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

cookn' katie said:

I second that! I earned the last two years but missed Toronto by less than 10K points this year and it's a bummer that there is no "consolation" prize (conference cash, etc) or anything for earning 43,000 points. :(

I would LOVE Italy or Ireland! <3

They keep emphasizing with the build up to the Back to Business meeting and the trip announcement that there will be something for every level. I really hope that means something for people who don't recruit and can't sell at the elite level.

I would like a cruise

I would LOVE a cruise! Even to Bahamas! That was always by dream vacation. My DH and I went on a mini cruise that was a gift from my brother. It was alright but too short and we both didn't feel well during it. It was 3 days 2 nights and kind of a 2nd rate ship to be honest. So I've been dying to go on a REAL cruise!

However, Alaska would be fantastic as well I'm heard they are amazing! I'd love to go anywhere in Europe too as well! I'm just excited because I am going on a free trip in 2012!!! :) :D

I know I've seen a little bit of NYC and even though I'm only 3 hours away I'd be happy with that. In my nearly 32 years I've been in the city twice! Both for the Manhattan invitational cross country meet in high school! We stayed in NJ both times I went though! :( So I've never had the chance to have a city experience and everyone I know is not interested because they've all been plenty! But I'd prefer the others!

Just earned my 2nd Pampered Chef trip in my 2years in business, Maui bound!!!! I will take whatever they offer but Australia would be so cool..... After all the recent Cruise mishaps I'm not sure I'd want one...LOL

sherylscooking said:
Just earned my 2nd Pampered Chef trip in my 2years in business, Maui bound!!!! I will take whatever they offer but Australia would be so cool..... After all the recent Cruise mishaps I'm not sure I'd want one...LOL

congrats on earning maui after only 2yrs in the biz! any tips you have to share?

Only 4 more days until we find out where we will be going next!! I just earned Maui and couldn't be more excited!! I've been to San Francisco, 2 cruises, Paris, Disney and now Hawaii -- travelling with The Pampered Chef is an experience like no other!! I've only dreamed of Paris - and Hawaii - wow - thanks Pampered Chef!!
Anyone can earn a trip - just set your goals, make your plan, and work that plan! Front load the beginning of the year to start out on the right foot, take advantage of all double/triple points, and "Just ask" when recruiting! :)
I can't wait to see where Pampered Chef will take us next! :)

Sheila said:
Tokyo! You all need to win a trip to Tokyo Disney!!! LOL. I'd love to have you come to my stomping ground for a change. ;)

That was what I was hoping for Sheila!! My DH and I went for a month a few years back and would LOVE to go again :) Such an amazing city!!:thumbup:

Related to Guesses/Wishes on the Next Incentive Trip

1. Will the 2011 Incentive Trip involve a cruise?

It is possible that the 2011 Incentive Trip could involve a cruise, as it has been a popular choice in previous years. However, the final decision has not been announced yet.

2. When will the details of the 2011 Incentive Program be announced?

The details of the 2011 Incentive Program will typically be announced in the early months of the year, so keep an eye out for updates from Pampered Chef.

3. What are the requirements for achieving level 1 in the Incentive Program?

The specific requirements for each level of the Incentive Program may vary each year. Be sure to check the official rules and guidelines once they are announced.

4. Can I use my Pampered Chef bucks towards the Incentive Trip?

Pampered Chef bucks can typically be used towards the cost of the Incentive Trip, but again, this may vary each year. Be sure to check the official rules and guidelines for more information.

5. Can I attend the Incentive Trip if I do not meet the recruiting requirements?

In most cases, the Incentive Trip is only available to consultants who meet the recruiting requirements for their level. However, exceptions may be made in certain circumstances. Again, be sure to check the official rules and guidelines for more information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ChefCKHall
  • Karen
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lisaterwilliger
Replies
Views
christinaspc