• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Great Deals at Staples This Week!

you too. I love it when people think of great ideas like this. I am going to have to get a set of poly folders with prongs - they are included in the sale this weekend!
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Did you see?

5 cent two-pocket folders
10 cent two-pocket poly folders
25 cent 1/2" & 1" poly binders

I didn't get enough 2 pocket folders at the beginning of the school year - well, I did for the amount of shows I had been doing, but I've doubled my shows per month, so I was running out - I'm going today to stock up! I want some of the poly folders and binders too - not sure what I'll use them for yet, but can't beat that price!:thumbup:

I know someone who uses the poly folders as guest folders at shows. She got the kind with the prongs, put a PC logo sticker (from Merrill) on the front, and then filled the folder with page protectors containing a catalog. She puts an order form and special sheet in the pockets. It cuts down on the number of catalogs she's gone through because guests don't automatically keep them, although she takes extras if anyone does want one at the end of the show.

chefann said:
I know someone who uses the poly folders as guest folders at shows. She got the kind with the prongs, put a PC logo sticker (from Merrill) on the front, and then filled the folder with page protectors containing a catalog. She puts an order form and special sheet in the pockets. It cuts down on the number of catalogs she's gone through because guests don't automatically keep them, although she takes extras if anyone does want one at the end of the show.

I have seriously thought about doing this, but the thought of the time it would take to put them together has kept me from attempting it......But - when I am shelling out over $50 a month for catalogs, it's looking better and better!

She loves it. Yes, it took a while to set up, but you only have to do that twice a year (and then replenishing order forms - but a cluster mate does the same thing with rigid binders and puts 3 order forms in at once). If you want people to have a folder for receipts, you can still take a handful of file folders to each show. And you'd actually save some of those, because repeat customers would be less likely to take one.

Is that price in store or on line?

I saw it in the sale circular from this weekend's paper, so I know it's in-store. It may be available online.

chefann said:
I have been looking onto doing this for a few months now - I am waiting til back-to-school time when then pronged poly folders go on sale.

The pronged ones are included in this sale, Carolyn!

Funny story: I saw the circular in the paper with the good deals, and you're the first person I thought of. :D

What a GREAT idea! Maybe I might start doing that in March. I hate when they write, fold or take (without asking)the catalogs!!:grumpy:

chefann said:

chefann said:
The pronged ones are included in this sale, Carolyn!

Funny story: I saw the circular in the paper with the good deals, and you're the first person I thought of. :D

poly w/prongs??? No sh*t!?!?
Man - I NEED 2 get 2 Staples!!!

http://staples.shoplocal.com/staples/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2418078&rapid=501903&pagenumber=1&listingid=-2092162920&ref=%2fstaples%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2418078%26pagenumber%3d1%26rapid%3d501903%26prvid%3dStaples-080106
Who loves ya, baby?

What size to you use?Hello to all. I am a new consultant and have been checking out this site for a few weeks now. It's full of really great information, and I want to thank you all for that. I was reading this post and thought what a great idea, but what size binders do you use?
I just got my kit on Saturday and I am still trying to organize things. I was also reading the post on what to do with dirty dishes and they are all excellent ideas.:D

Thank you!

chefann said:
http://staples.shoplocal.com/staples/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2418078&rapid=501903&pagenumber=1&listingid=-2092162920&ref=%2fstaples%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2418078%26pagenumber%3d1%26rapid%3d501903%26prvid%3dStaples-080106
Who loves ya, baby?

Pucker up baybee...I've got a big ole smoocheroo for ya!:love: :love: :love:

For catalogs in page protectors, you can use 1/2" and there's still room. In fact, if you pick up some of the poly folders mentioned above, those work, too.

I am way too lazy to take my catalogs apart and put them in binders or whatever. When comparing the price of a catalog to what you probably will make off a sale, it's just pennies. Time is at a premium. If I could type on CS and do the filling at the same time, it would be different.:)

On another note, here's a different take that I started using two months ago...so far I LOVE it. I made two "permanent" catalogs, using 1/2" binders with the clear sleeves on the front and back. I took the staples out of the catalog and cut each sheet in half (two pages, front and back) and slid each one into a page protector. In the front clear sleeve of the binder I put the guest specials for the month, a color printout. Host special goes on the back clear sleeve. Order forms (a small stack) go in the inside front pocket, recruitment info in the inside back pocket. I keep one in my car AT ALL TIMES, so that if I'm out running around and don't have an extra catalog, at least people can flip through that and get an idea for the products. I keep the other one here at my house, next to my phone so that whenever someone comes over or calls I have it handy in case I need to check something in it. Then I grab them both when I go to shows so that if someone just wants to flip through and not keep it they have the "fancy" one. It was really worth the extra time it took, which wasn't much time at all. :)

THANK YOU for the Staples sale info. I'll be going there on Wednesday!!! :D

I have been using folders for many years, after giving away catalogs and not receiving orders. I was so glad when the poly ones with pockets and prongs finally came out. They are so much nicer looking than the paper ones. I ususally put about 3-4 receipts in the back pocket so I don't have to "refill" after every show. I always tell people if they use up one form, feel free to use another - usually gets a laugh!

Thanks for the info! After reading it I was pouting because I always take my kids to the park after school...and then I had a cluster mtg tonight so I was upset that I wouldn;t get to Staples today...
well wouldntcha know it? The Gods of Office Supply Deals were smiling upon me today. As I was walking to p/u the kids from school...it started pouring and you know what that means??? NO PARK!!!
So I took the kids to Staples and they didn't have the 2 pocket pronged poly folders in stock :( but she called another store (2 blocks from Mom's house) and they're holding 100 of them there for me to p.u tomorrow! Yippee!! Thanks Becky!!

One more question. I saw Dannyzmom had Staples put 100 aside for her. How many do you usually keep on hand?
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm new and want to start off right. Not that I turn around and say "Oh, I should of done that!"
Again, Thank you all for all the wonderful information and ideas!

It depends on how you're going to use them and how many shows you plan to have per month. Also, they'll go on sale again in August for Back to School, so you don't need to keep a full year's worth on hand.

Thank you chefann. I am waiting to start training with my director, and the person who recruited me is really new to PC and to be honest, I think I know more about the products than she does. My DD and I were going through the kitchen before my kit arrived to see just how much PC products I have. Let's just say I have my fair share. Matter of fact, I was going to buy the pie dish, but I did buy one some time ago.

Welcome, by the way. Sounds like you're excited to get started. :) If you have the time, go through the materials in your kit, and take the online training. You'll get a bunch of great info from those resources.

And while you'll also get a lot of great ideas here, don't try to implement too many at once. Pick a couple that fit with your personal style and see if they work for you.

I bought "report" binders at Dollar Tree (6 pk/$1). The have a clear sleeve and a slide on binder. I use these on my show catalogs. Keep them looking nice and keeps them around. If someone asks if they can have one, they are more than welcome to take it out of the binder. These have come in very handy.

mamidu said:
One more question. I saw Dannyzmom had Staples put 100 aside for her. How many do you usually keep on hand?
Sorry for so many questions, but I'm new and want to start off right. Not that I turn around and say "Oh, I should of done that!"
Again, Thank you all for all the wonderful information and ideas!

I bought 100 because...well, because I can't pass up a good deal on office supplies - LOL
Here's my (twisted) logic: if this new system works out, I expect to need 15-20 per show (I always bring 15-20 catalogs to each show...my attendance is typically about 8-18). My customers may slop them up, get them sticky etc...I want to always have 50 loaded and ready to go with order forms so I don't have to hassle with reloading them all the time (I generally keep 100 catalogs set up at home w/order forms in them). If this new system works out, over time the bindings may wear out...so folders may need to be replced. I got them for 10c each ($10 total) so now if and when I need to replace a few...I have 'em on hand.
IF...the system doesn't work out, I can return the unused ones (I save all my receipts)
But mostly, I bought 100 cuz I can't pass up a good deal on office supplies - LOL

I got my folders today and have set up 5 so far...here's how they look. I placed a sticker on both the outside of the poly-folder as well as on the cover page of the catalog:
105_0063.jpg

When you open the cover of the floder you get a nicer view of the catalog cover, and you see my biz card on the left:
105_0064.jpg

In the back pocket I have placed an order form (it's a bit of a tight fit).
105_0065.jpg
When I get home (I am at Mom's house right now) I will place the monthly specials page behind the order form so that it can be seen thru the back cover:
105_0066.jpg

Oh wow, what a good deal, those are the kind of folders I use for my host packets. May have to go stock up.

Ok, I'm sold! On my to Staples to get me some. I don't mind a little more work in the beginning.
chefann, I have gone through my kit and have also done some of the online training. I am hoping my director will be in contact with me soon to start training. I am kind of concerned since I have not heard from the person that recruited me. Except on the occasions when I have a question for her.

Mary Anne, call your recruiter and Director NOW and tell them that you would like training! Sometimes people don't know that their downline is ready for training. I know I struggle with that. I don't want to be a pest, so I leave them alone, when they would appreciate training and info. In the end, we all lose. So call them and tell them that you're ready for more.

Ok - now that I have stuffed 7 of these catalog thingies it has occerred to me that I am going to have to print out as many sheets of montly specials as I have stuffed catalogs...suddenly this is not looking so cost-effective...???
I guess with the $ I will be saving on catalogs, I'll still be ahead? I mean - I ordered over 200 catalogs this season!! With this new system I'm thinking I'll only need to order 100 tops...right?

dannyzmom said:
Ok - now that I have stuffed 7 of these catalog thingies it has occerred to me that I am going to have to print out as many sheets of montly specials as I have stuffed catalogs...suddenly this is not looking so cost-effective...???
I guess with the $ I will be saving on catalogs, I'll still be ahead? I mean - I ordered over 200 catalogs this season!! With this new system I'm thinking I'll only need to order 100 tops...right?
I wouldn't print out the guest specials for all of them. Think of how many pieces of paper you have to print out per month only to toss them out at the end of the month.

I pass around the host/guest special sheet - I don't make copies of it, except for host packets.

That's what I do, too. I usually laminate the one from the CN (since my color printer prints poorly), and pass that around.

I have to print mine out to, because I do not get the CN until the middle to the end of the month. UGH!

wadesgirl said:
I wouldn't print out the guest specials for all of them. Think of how many pieces of paper you have to print out per month only to toss them out at the end of the month.

But I need something for the inside back cover...the guest specials would be so perfect...I could do it cheaper if I printed the following months' specials on the other side - then it's 1/2 as many sheets since I am using each sheet for two months?

You could print the "10 reasons not to host" for some, and fundraiser info for others. Then you don't have to change them out at all. :)

dannyzmom said:
But I need something for the inside back cover...the guest specials would be so perfect...I could do it cheaper if I printed the following months' specials on the other side - then it's 1/2 as many sheets since I am using each sheet for two months?

What about the bookings benefit flyer - those are cheap on the supply order form - and could be used all season!

ChefBeckyD said:
What about the bookings benefit flyer - those are cheap on the supply order form - and could be used all season!

I was going to suggest this. I think it would work better. If you do two month's worth of guest specials, then someone may want a guest special they cannot have.

chefann said:
You could print the "10 reasons not to host" for some, and fundraiser info for others. Then you don't have to change them out at all. :)

Ooooooh - or to run with a combo of everyone's ideas - how 'bout the month;y specials in a few, the reasons to host in a few and the show benefits in a few and let people eac hshow what they have!?!?
Too complicated? or what do ya'll think?

That's what I did on my lap boards when I used them. The person with that month's guest special had to read it 3 times during the show, and got an SBRC as a thanks.

Dannyzmom, I LOVE your folders. I am going to staples to get some today. I already have the clear inserts. I currently have flimsy 2 pocket folders made up, but I only have about 10 of them so some people end up with folders and others just with the catalog. I like to include flyers in the folders too, so I think this will be a great way to do it and keep everything in good condition so I don't have to replace things so much. I'm thinking about putting an extra clear page in with the catalog that has flyers on fundraisers and wedding registries (I always forget to talk about them at shows and I don't think a lot of my customers know about them!) Anyways, thanks for the great idea!

ChefMoore said:
Dannyzmom, I LOVE your folders. I am going to staples to get some today. I already have the clear inserts. I currently have flimsy 2 pocket folders made up, but I only have about 10 of them so some people end up with folders and others just with the catalog. I like to include flyers in the folders too, so I think this will be a great way to do it and keep everything in good condition so I don't have to replace things so much. I'm thinking about putting an extra clear page in with the catalog that has flyers on fundraisers and wedding registries (I always forget to talk about them at shows and I don't think a lot of my customers know about them!) Anyways, thanks for the great idea!

Thanks ChefMoore.
I am still not sure how I feel about them. I have made up 10 so far...it was going faster when my mom was doing them with me...but now, with the computer righ there and all you Cheffers to distract me (LOL) I am moving much slower. They are bulky. Take up much more space than regular cattys...that concerns me.ie: my stack of 10 of these things take up as much space on my shelf as a stack of 60 catalogs...
hmmmmmm
Will be trying the mout at a show on Saturday adn will let ya'll know how they go over with the guests.
One of my team members was over yesterday and loved them - hopefully my guests and hosts will feel the same! LOL

dannyzmom said:
Thanks ChefMoore.
I am still not sure how I feel about them. I have made up 10 so far...it was going faster when my mom was doing them with me...but now, with the computer righ there and all you Cheffers to distract me (LOL) I am moving much slower. They are bulky. Take up much more space than regular cattys...that concerns me.ie: my stack of 10 of these things take up as much space on my shelf as a stack of 60 catalogs...
hmmmmmm
Will be trying the mout at a show on Saturday adn will let ya'll know how they go over with the guests.
One of my team members was over yesterday and loved them - hopefully my guests and hosts will feel the same! LOL

I really want to do this - but I'm letting you be my guinea pig, Carolyn.:D :D

I'll be watching this thread to see how it goes for you before I make my final decision.!

ChefBeckyD said:
I really want to do this - but I'm letting you be my guinea pig, Carolyn.:D :D

I'll be watching this thread to see how it goes for you before I make my final decision.!

I'll keep you posted!:blushing:

Not to rain on your parade Carolyn but don't forget, you'll have to change them all again in less than two months! This is probably the biggest reason I've never tried anything like this - too much to keep up with every 6 months.

At this point I would wait until March to try it. Carolyn you should do a trial run with your 10 and wait to do your 100 until Feb when you can get the new catalogs. I'd hate to have to refill them all next month.

wadesgirl said:
Not to rain on your parade Carolyn but don't forget, you'll have to change them all again in less than two months! This is probably the biggest reason I've never tried anything like this - too much to keep up with every 6 months.

Somehow I didn't see your post until after mine?? Great minds, huh?

pamperedposey said:
At this point I would wait until March to try it. Carolyn you should do a trial run with your 10 and wait to do your 100 until Feb when you can get the new catalogs. I'd hate to have to refill them all next month.

I am making 20 for right now because I have several big shows coming up before the changeover. And I think each season I'll only make 25 unless I have higher attendance shows at which point I'll assemble a few more.

chefann said:
Mary Anne, call your recruiter and Director NOW and tell them that you would like training! Sometimes people don't know that their downline is ready for training. I know I struggle with that. I don't want to be a pest, so I leave them alone, when they would appreciate training and info. In the end, we all lose. So call them and tell them that you're ready for more.

I thought about calling her. When I spoke to her on Friday, she told me she would call me on Monday to start training. But, she works around her 9 mo old sleep schedule and her husband is home for an hour in the afternoon. I was going to call he today and let her know I want to get moving on this, but she is now on her way to Leadership Summit. I understand that I started at a bad time, but I still really excited and anxious to get started. We do have a cluster meeting on Monday so I am hopeful that things will start moving forward at that point. My DH is a little skeptical about me selling PC and I think he is getting ready for the "I told you so!" I am not about to let that happen. Thank god I have this site. I have learned SO much and have so many ideas that I can't wait to use and try.:D

Ok, I just went to Staples and brought the 10 cent two-pocket poly folders. The only color they had was Pink!

letscook04 said:
Ok, I just went to Staples and brought the 10 cent two-pocket poly folders. The only color they had was Pink!

When I went my store had none so they called another local store for me and THEY had 700 - all assorted colors. I bough 100 in all different colors - teal, khaki, yellow, peach, pink...

<h2>1. What are the 5 cent two-pocket folders?</h2><p>The 5 cent two-pocket folders are a great deal at Staples this week. These folders are perfect for organizing papers and documents, and at such a low price, you can stock up for all your needs.</p><h2>2. What are the 10 cent two-pocket poly folders?</h2><p>The 10 cent two-pocket poly folders are another amazing deal at Staples. These folders are made of durable poly material, making them great for holding heavier or larger documents. They also come in a variety of colors to help with color-coding and organizing.</p><h2>3. What are the 25 cent 1/2" & 1" poly binders?</h2><p>The 25 cent 1/2" & 1" poly binders are a steal at Staples this week. These binders are perfect for keeping your papers and documents secure and organized. The poly material makes them more durable and long-lasting than traditional cardboard binders.</p><h2>4. Why should I stock up on these deals?</h2><p>By stocking up on these deals, you can save money in the long run. These items are commonly used in offices and schools, so having extra on hand will come in handy. Plus, at such low prices, you won't find a better deal anywhere else.</p><h2>5. What can I use the poly folders and binders for?</h2><p>The poly folders and binders can be used for a variety of purposes. They are perfect for organizing papers and documents, storing important information, and even as a backup for when your current folders and binders wear out. With such a great price, it's worth stocking up and finding ways to use them.</p>

1. What are the 5 cent two-pocket folders?

The 5 cent two-pocket folders are a great deal at Staples this week. These folders are perfect for organizing papers and documents, and at such a low price, you can stock up for all your needs.

2. What are the 10 cent two-pocket poly folders?

The 10 cent two-pocket poly folders are another amazing deal at Staples. These folders are made of durable poly material, making them great for holding heavier or larger documents. They also come in a variety of colors to help with color-coding and organizing.

3. What are the 25 cent 1/2" & 1" poly binders?

The 25 cent 1/2" & 1" poly binders are a steal at Staples this week. These binders are perfect for keeping your papers and documents secure and organized. The poly material makes them more durable and long-lasting than traditional cardboard binders.

4. Why should I stock up on these deals?

By stocking up on these deals, you can save money in the long run. These items are commonly used in offices and schools, so having extra on hand will come in handy. Plus, at such low prices, you won't find a better deal anywhere else.

5. What can I use the poly folders and binders for?

The poly folders and binders can be used for a variety of purposes. They are perfect for organizing papers and documents, storing important information, and even as a backup for when your current folders and binders wear out. With such a great price, it's worth stocking up and finding ways to use them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampermejolene
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • DebbieJ
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chef131doreen