• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Grief! I Got an Internet Violation Notice From the Ho...

In summary, the PC consultant website Joy's was using images, recipes, wording, logos, and other intellectual property without permission from Career Solutions led to a violation of policy. The website is now in violation and consultants are not allowed to use the property.
So I wanted to read through everything before posting today and I have to say...I LOVE TT!! I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!! I hope this can all be resolved for your peice of mind and for everyone else's. I don't know what I would do without this service. My customers LOVE receiving the newsletter and I am always having customers comment on the newsletter and it has increased my customer contact information drastically. I have generated shows from people I have never met as a result of the newsletter.
And to top it off, I am planning to get a website after never having one just so I can use all of the services that TT offers. But I don't know if I will if TT is not available.
I am sending prayers your way!!

Wow, this is the first I've been on today - trying to catch up with this entire story! This is just crazy!!

Actually I need to renew my subscription Joy - can I still do that now or should I wait?

We have to find a way to get around this so we can keep getting your newsletter!!

Well, I have done what they asked and taken down the free flyers. My husband says I should continue business as usual until I get a cease and desist order.

I can take the site to a consultant-only message board and share flyers that way. I need to check in with my programmer that wrote TTConnect and see if he can incorporate that and hopefully it won't cost me too much $$$.

I can write newsletters that do not involve copyrighted material, like taking my own pictures and using non-PC recipes (which seems a bit backward). Can consultants email non-PC recipes under the guise of a PC newsletter? Someone said linking to PWS in a newsletter should be okay because the newsletter is just a "super size email".... how about linking to flyers like the monthly specials?

I hope HO realizes I am really trying to find ways to do it right.

pampchefrhondab said:
Actually I need to renew my subscription Joy - can I still do that now or should I wait?

Go ahead and renew Rhonda. If I have to shut down completely, I am prepared to refund the portion that is unused from everyone's subs.

You know what bites... I've done this for 3 1/2 years and up until the end of last year, I've always called this business my "slush fund." I never counted on the money and always counted my blessings on the extra income it helped provide... used it to pay for new clothes for the kids, and knick knacks on ebay and stuff.In December when I decided to contract the programmer to build TTConnect, I felt I had finally made a commitment to grow this business and really do great things, expand the services I provide... and sadly, I planned for this income as part of our household income.... and now I find myself at risk of not having it... it's almost like being laid off!

I LOVE your newsletter and have gotten web orders I know I wouldn't have gotten without it! I could never put together a newsletter as nice as yours and the ones on our PWS are not good! Thanks for all you do!

I think we need a petition! Pampered Chef needs to hear from the consultants that lay the foundation for its revenue and ongoing success. :grumpy: :( Lets include in it testimonies of the benefits and joys of using services such as Joy's. If we had a ton of signatures with our title and consultant #, wouldn't that be powerful? What do you say?

jcsmilez said:
I think we need a petition! Pampered Chef needs to hear from the consultants that lay the foundation for its revenue and ongoing success. :grumpy: :( Lets include in it testimonies of the benefits and joys of using services such as Joy's. If we had a ton of signatures with our title and consultant #, wouldn't that be powerful? What do you say?

As much as that makes me smile, I don't think it would matter... there are 60,000 consultants and I REALLY don't have that many subscribers....

PampChefJoy said:
As much as that makes me smile, I don't think it would matter... there are 60,000 consultants and I REALLY don't have that many subscribers....
Joy,It's not just about that. I love your service and I recommend it to everyone even though sadly, I am not a subscriber myself (I'll tell you, last month, late on my newsletter AGAIN, I was wishing that I was!). I will tell you that as many subscribers as you have for your newsletter it is at least 50 fold for the free flyers (that you had to just take down) as they get passed and emailed from consultant to consultant, cluster to cluster.
How do you do a newsletter is a question that I hear as often as how do you get bookings. Loss of your "design" services will not only be a serious blow to us as individual consultants but to the company as a whole. Seriously, they don't even realize!

So, does Merrill have a newsletter service? I didn't know about this...are we going to be limited to using them now do you think? Just like our tee shirts?

Nanisu said:
So, does Merrill have a newsletter service? I didn't know about this...are we going to be limited to using them now do you think? Just like our tee shirts?
They don't have a newsletter service. If they did, we'd probably be limited to using them - at least for newsletters that include copyrighted information (like pics).

Okay Joy, I'm sending my renewal today! Can't wait to get the new newsletter! I need to get it out!

Thank you so much for all you do! Somehow this is going to be okay!

Oh, I'm so sorry this happened...I've just read through this whole thing. I have been hoping this wouldn't happen, because like you mentioned, my director told me awhile back about an upper level director that used to share (& then I think charged) flyers & OOF's, and HO made her quit. I think it is the charging money thing.
Hang in there...I really hope you get to continue...I absolutely love your newsletter!

Are you aware that the service is just $12.00 for six MONTHS. In my opinion, it is the most affordable tool we have as PC consultants (hoping it continues of course!!!). I routinely receive $200-$300 of web site orders per moth, from my existing customer base, because of the newsletter. And I have received at least 6 confirmed bookings because of it. The service pays for itself. In my opinion, of course.

Joy, I am shocked, shocked SHOCKED!But you know how the Bible says God works all things for good?I think that is what is happening here.The people who used to use your services for FREE are now thinking that it might be worth their while to subscribe.I have yet to get the kind of web orders Beth is describing, so I'm hesitant to put more money into this and in fact, have given some thought to discontinuing my PWS. Thanks for all you do, Joy.

I started reading this last night and I am just so shocked..

I am confused as to why THIS site is ok...no violations...but the newsletter is not...why would anyone but PC'ers use the newsletter service and what exactly is the diff between CS and Joy? They both charge for the service...I guess I just don't get it.

chefsteph07 said:
I started reading this last night and I am just so shocked..

I am confused as to why THIS site is ok...no violations...but the newsletter is not...why would anyone but PC'ers use the newsletter service and what exactly is the diff between CS and Joy? They both charge for the service...I guess I just don't get it.

one difference is that CS does not use HO images nor do we (most of us) post links to our pws

I was combing the P&P this morning looking for specific verbiage and all I could come up with was this:

The second exception pertains to personal electronic
communications. You may continue to include your Personal
Web Site address as part of your contact information or
signature on e-invitations, any e-mails that are currently
available through your Personal Web Site and your personal
e-mails to your customers. These communications may link
to your Personal Web Site. This also includes any electronic
mail pieces that may be developed by our new licensed
merchandise vendor.

I can't find anywhere where it says you CAN't use an outside vendor for emails... In technical terms, I guess I'd have to call what I do "email development"?

The last sentence of that is quite interesting...

PampChefJoy said:
I was combing the P&P this morning looking for specific verbiage and all I could come up with was this:

The second exception pertains to personal electronic
communications. You may continue to include your Personal
Web Site address as part of your contact information or
signature on e-invitations, any e-mails that are currently
available through your Personal Web Site and your personal
e-mails to your customers. These communications may link
to your Personal Web Site. This also includes any electronic
merchandise vendor

I can't find anywhere where it says you CAN't use an outside vendor for emails... In technical terms, I guess I'd have to call what I do "email development"?

Soooo, does this mean that although at this time Merrill doesn't have a newsletter, there is something in the works?

Um, yeah, that would be just terrific.:rolleyes: More Merrill - gotta love it. :yuck:

janetupnorth said:
The last sentence of that is quite interesting...

Yep. Sounds like Merrill is developing a newsletter and they want to clear out the competition first. I bet the other newsletter people have gotten notice too.

HA Janet! We were noticing that and posting at the same time!

And Beth Too!

ChefBeckyD said:
Soooo, does this mean that although at this time Merrill doesn't have a newsletter, there is something in the works?

Um, yeah, that would be just terrific.:rolleyes: More Merrill - gotta love it. :yuck:

My sentiments exactly! :yuck:

BethCooks4U said:
Yep. Sounds like Merrill is developing a newsletter and they want to clear out the competition first. I bet the other newsletter people have gotten notice too.

So if that is that case, what are we supposed to do? I love TT, hate their plastic PWS emails, and I'm sure that anything Merrill comes up with will be just as fake and ridiculously over priced. SO, what can we do?

who could afford Merrill!??!?!?!

PampChefJoy said:
......I can't find anywhere where it says you CAN't use an outside vendor for emails... In technical terms, I guess I'd have to call what I do "email development"?

Yes, but YOU don't send our emails - WE send them ourself to who we want to send them to.

amy07 said:

I would go back to writing my own newsletter - Merrill would have to be damn good and affordable....neither of which I expect from them :rolleyes:

PampChefJoy said:
.....This also includes any electronic
merchandise vendor.[/I]

It says NEW.... We've suffered with Merrill for 2 years now so I wouldn't call them new. I wonder if thre is something else in the works. Some other DS companies have company designed (aka: boring) newsletters - I wonder if that is something that's coming. hmmm....

I dislike Merrill so much that when I won Serve It Up Squad at leadership I didnt really want anything from them. I was excited to win but would rather have had the car!!!!! Joy, again I am with you all the way...As a matter of fact I just subscribed again to TT... You Rock

amy07 said:

Yeah, you can bet it wouldn't be $12 a year!

I don't see a problem with still using Joy, I'm utilizing her development and layout skills. I still send my own e-mails...

pamperedlinda said:
I would go back to writing my own newsletter - Merrill would have to be damn good and affordable....neither of which I expect from them :rolleyes:

That's what I would have to do too.

It's interesting... they saw "new licensed vendor" but Merrill has been around too long to be called "new" so I don't know how long that particular line has been there.

What I fear is that they will start dictating what you can and cannot email to your customers.... like if they say you can't email pictures or recipes...

I don't think anyone can tell me not to come up with great wording of my own that will help you sell and book and recruit, WITHOUT copying wording by HO.... that's MY intellectual property, and I think alot of people struggle with coming up with the right thing to say.

janetupnorth said:
I don't see a problem with still using Joy, I'm utilizing her development and layout skills. I still send my own e-mails...

I LIKE that! "Development and Layout"

I am a contracted graphic designer... I have the business license and I just paid (way too many) taxes as such.

amy07 said:

In Merrill's defense - and I'll agree they need a lot of defending - it is quite possible a newsletter by them wouldn't be so bad BASED ON THEIR CURRENT AD GENERATOR. The Ad Generator is fabulous and totally affordable. If they had a newsletter system that was similar and gave you options as to what info you put in and things like that, and was as affordable as the ad generator is it wouldn't be bad. Obviously it probably won't be $3 a month, it would have way more information in it, but if they set it up similarly so you could purchase for one month and set up the format you want and save it and just switch out info monthly it could work.

However, I am in the process of subscribing to Joy's TT so I hope that we can work out a way to keep it going. I've been researching the different options out there for the last several months and the minute a make a decision and sign on to sign up this all happens. It's very frustrating for everyone concerned. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this.

I'm sticking with you Joy!
I have only been a subscriber for a couple weeks but with one newsletter from you I have generated more sales than in all the emails I have in the past couple years, including the PWS generated ones.

pamperedlinda said:
one difference is that CS does not use HO images nor do we (most of us) post links to our pws

There are images on the flyers secton though...

PampChefJoy said:
....What I fear is that they will start dictating what you can and cannot email to your customers.... like if they say you can't email pictures or recipes.......

Wasn't it @ 2 years ago when HO tried to stop us from using the recipes? Then they backed off because it caused such an uproar? I wonder if this has something to do with that?

Ya know - someone at HO who is reading this is laughing their head off at all the controversy they've stirred up amongst us....

chefsteph07 said:
There are images on the flyers secton though...

yes, but those weren't created by CS, they were posted by consultants.

pamperedlinda said:
Ya know - someone at HO who is reading this is laughing their head off at all the controversy they've stirred up amongst us....

I hope they are not laughing, because we aren't. :mad: They should not be just reading but striving to understand where we are coming from and creating a plan to make us (& Joy) happy.

chefjeanine said:
I hope they are not laughing, because we aren't. :mad: They should not be just reading but striving to understand where we are coming from and creating a plan to make us (& Joy) happy.

it was a joke....

However, I'm sure they are taking our reactions into consideration as to how this will be perceived throughout the company IF and WHEN they decide to make changes.

pamperedlinda said:
Wasn't it @ 2 years ago when HO tried to stop us from using the recipes? Then they backed off because it caused such an uproar? I wonder if this has something to do with that?

I totally missed this Linda. What exactly happened?

The line about Merrill and future electronic communication developments has been in the policies for at least a year, probably more. That's why it uses the term "new" to describe Merrill.

rennea said:
I totally missed this Linda. What exactly happened?

HO didn't want us to use any non-PC recipes on our PWS or in newsletters.

PampChefJoy said:
I LIKE that! "Development and Layout"

I am a contracted graphic designer... I have the business license and I just paid (way too many) taxes as such.

Feel free to use it!

I have friends who are graphics designers, I am NOT, I have too many things on my plate. I could, but it is well worth my time to have you lay out a newsletter for me...

pcsharon1 said:
If they had a newsletter system that was similar and gave you options as to what info you put in and things like that, and was as affordable as the ad generator is it wouldn't be bad.

I actually had this planned for development with my programmer for later this year... you pick the articles and order you want to generate... but I'm going to put that on hold given the uncertain future...

chefann said:
HO didn't want us to use any non-PC recipes on our PWS or in newsletters.

Sounds a little anal to me!

rennea said:
Sounds a little anal to me!

a lot of people felt that way :)

I though it was more than that though - that they only wanted us using recipes that were available on the Products Use and Care, not the recipes that were in cookbooks to purchase? another of the Intellectual Rights thing....it was shortly before they changed the name of the weekly emails or something - dang, it was a while ago...

pamperedlinda said:
it was a joke....

However, I'm sure they are taking our reactions into consideration as to how this will be perceived throughout the company IF and WHEN they decide to make changes.

Oh, Linda I know. :)

But they may very well be laughing. Our hands are tied in this situation (sort of like having only one vendor) and it's REALLY frustrating. I wouldn't bet any money that they are taking our reactions into consideration.

chefjeanine said:
Oh, Linda I know. :)

But they may very well be laughing. Our hands are tied in this situation (sort of like having only one vendor) and it's REALLY frustrating. I wouldn't bet any money that they are taking our reactions into consideration.

Maybe not 'our reactions' perhaps - but it will give them a guage and let them know what to expect when they multiple our reactions times thousands - they'll know what they are going to be up against and have to explain.....

<h2>1. What is an internet violation notice from the hosting company?</h2><p>An internet violation notice is a message from your website hosting company alerting you that your site has been flagged for violating their terms of service. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as linking to malicious websites, posting inappropriate content, or using too much bandwidth.</p><h2>2. What does the standard verbiage in the notice mean?</h2><p>The standard verbiage in the notice typically includes a warning about not linking, posting, or using any content that violates the hosting company's terms of service. It is a general statement to inform you that your site has been found to have violated their policies.</p><h2>3. How can I find out the exact violation?</h2><p>The best way to find out the exact violation is to contact the hosting company directly. They should be able to provide you with more specific information about what content or actions on your site led to the violation notice.</p><h2>4. What should I do after receiving an internet violation notice?</h2><p>First, you should carefully review the notice and any related terms of service from your hosting company. Then, address the issue by either removing the violating content or taking necessary steps to fix the problem. Finally, respond to the hosting company and let them know what actions you have taken to resolve the violation.</p><h2>5. Why did I receive the notice at my consultant email instead of my TT email?</h2><p>It is possible that your consultant email is linked to your website in some way, such as on a flyer or business card. Make sure to review all of your online presence and update any contact information to avoid future confusion or issues with your website.</p>

1. What is an internet violation notice from the hosting company?

An internet violation notice is a message from your website hosting company alerting you that your site has been flagged for violating their terms of service. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as linking to malicious websites, posting inappropriate content, or using too much bandwidth.

2. What does the standard verbiage in the notice mean?

The standard verbiage in the notice typically includes a warning about not linking, posting, or using any content that violates the hosting company's terms of service. It is a general statement to inform you that your site has been found to have violated their policies.

3. How can I find out the exact violation?

The best way to find out the exact violation is to contact the hosting company directly. They should be able to provide you with more specific information about what content or actions on your site led to the violation notice.

4. What should I do after receiving an internet violation notice?

First, you should carefully review the notice and any related terms of service from your hosting company. Then, address the issue by either removing the violating content or taking necessary steps to fix the problem. Finally, respond to the hosting company and let them know what actions you have taken to resolve the violation.

5. Why did I receive the notice at my consultant email instead of my TT email?

It is possible that your consultant email is linked to your website in some way, such as on a flyer or business card. Make sure to review all of your online presence and update any contact information to avoid future confusion or issues with your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lacychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • PampChefJoy