• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions..

In summary, the conversation was about offering a custom subscribe/unsubscribe page for a chef's newsletter. The page would have a web address such as www.cookingnews4u.com and would allow people to self-subscribe or unsubscribe with their email address. There were some concerns about using the initials PC in the domain name and it was suggested to use a more generic domain. Ultimately, cookingnews4u.com was chosen and the domain was purchased. There were no policy violations in this plan.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
One of the features of the head chef and exec chef services that I am thinking about offering is a custom subscribe/unsubscribe page. It would have a web address of something like this: www.mypcnewsletter.com/chefjoy.htm (don't click on the link, it won't work).

Basically it would take you to a web page that says:

Welcome to Joy Edwards' newsletter subscription page.

Please enter your email address below to subscribe/unsubscribe:

Then there would be a field for email address and buttons for subscribe/unsubscribe and submit.

Then it would say:
Thank you very much. If I can be of assistance, please contact me anytime!

Joy Edwards
phone #
email address
(NO PWS LINK!)

So in your opinion, does this violate any policy? It does not link to a PWS, does not link to CC, does not link to the corporate site. Does not mention PC at all. Maintains privacy. Simply is a place for people to self-subscribe or unsubscribe. My thought was that you could either append the link to your email signature (i.e. "sign up for my e-newsletter at www.mypcnewsletter.com/chefjoy.htm") OR you could place it in the text of one of the news articles on your PWS to direct people to self-subscribe. (The mailserver I use will email you whenever someone signs up or drops off.)

So.... if that all made sense, could you weigh in on this? I probably need to contact HO as well, but I thought I'd ask here since you are all so good at reading between the lines.

Thanks!

Looking at what you have laid out, nothing seems to be violating policy to me. The only thing HO MAY question is the mypcnewsletter with the initials PC in the domain name.Maybe you could get the domain mynewsletter.com or something simpler or mycustomernewsletter.com so it is even more generic if they have an issue.Let us know - that sounds like a great plan!

Good idea.... mynewsletter.com is not available, but mycustomernewsletter.com is.... however, it seems a bit long...

cookingnews4u.com is available

PampChefJoy said:
Good idea.... mynewsletter.com is not available, but mycustomernewsletter.com is.... however, it seems a bit long...

That one isn't bad either!

Just thinking best to keep anything "PC" out of it...in case policies were to change or they have questions.

PampChefJoy said:

I really like this one... go for it!

Okay, cookingnews4u.com it is! I just bought the domain :) Thanks!

1. What is the purpose of "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions.."?

The purpose of "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions.." is to gather feedback and opinions from the community about certain policies or regulations. This can help inform decision-making and potentially lead to improvements or changes in the policies.

2. Who can participate in "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions.."?

Anyone can participate in "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions.." as long as they are following the rules and guidelines set by the community or organization hosting the discussion. This may include employees, customers, or members of the public.

3. How do I share my opinion in "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions.."?

To share your opinion in "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions..", you can leave a comment or join the discussion on the designated platform or forum. Some organizations may also have a specific form or survey for collecting opinions.

4. Can I remain anonymous when participating in "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions.."?

This depends on the specific guidelines set by the community or organization hosting the discussion. Some may allow anonymous participation, while others may require participants to provide their names or contact information for validation purposes.

5. How will my opinion be used in "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions.."?

The use of opinions gathered in "Ok Policy Police, Please Weigh in With Your Opinions.." will vary depending on the purpose and scope of the discussion. In some cases, the opinions may be used to inform decision-making, while in others they may be used for research or to gather insights from the community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chef_kimmo
  • cmdtrgd