• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Moving to Scotland: Tips for Transferring Your SS Benefits Easily

In summary, BritishChef says that the products and recipes are the same, but she needs a copy of the UK cookbooks in order to continue selling. She also says that there may be some differences in the books, but she is not sure. She is moving to the UK in October and is looking forward to getting to know the community and starting her business again.
britishchef
Wow! This will probably happen next month... in any case it will totally disrupt my SS months. I'm on track to have a great SS1 month but I'm not sure what's going to happen. I emailed HO and am waiting to hear back from a special department about how I would be able to transfer over etc. Has anyone done this?

Wow! Scotland! I've always wanted to visit there. Never have been across the Atlantic. I take it that's around home, judging by your 'name'. Best wishes with the move, your business, and the general upheaval!

Do we ship to Scotland? I 'd be interested to hear what HO says!

Well the Pampered Chef is in the UK too! :) And all the products are teh same, so I hope I can just transfer over and buy the correct paperwork and get a new cluster. It's not that well known around there so I could have a great opportunity!

BTW, yes that's home. :) Actually I'm English but lived in Scotland from age 10 on. I miss it loads!

Actually, BritishChef, I think you will have to give up your business in the US and re-sign under the UK division. We cannot sell to foreign nationals where I am, only to fellow Americans. The German nationals have to purchase from a rep from the German division. There is one lady on this site who lives in Edinbourgh, MuppetGal I think. HO tries to let us move our businesses if we are moving with the military, but otherwise I think you have to go under that host country.
Let me know if this isn't right, I would love to hear the answer!!

I think that there is someone on this site is from Scotland. I have friends from there. One day I will get there. Good Luck!:)

I don't mind doing that, as long as I don't have to pay again!

Wow, best of luck to you:) That is one place I would LOVE to visit someday!

I was curious last night and went to look at the UK website... their NEW products include one of our DISCONTINUED ones (the Cherry & Olive Pitter! lol)... and some of their other NEW products are ones that we have had for several years.... OH! BUT I NEED A COPY OF THEIR COOKBOOKS!!!!! I need to get in touch with the Inlaws and see if they know a consultant! ;) And if not... maybe they can call YOU, britishchef! :)

GreaT SCOT!!! How exciting is that.... I hope you are able to quickly pick-up your business once you are relocated.

Hmmmm... now I'm curious about seeing that UK cookbook as well

:eek: I'm a cookbook freak! LOL

How exciting! We are on our way to the UK in October, but we are military so we will still be under the US division of TPC. Let us know what you find out about switching over!

Yeah, some of the new ones are not so new. LOL. But I mean the actual products aren't different... KWIM? I hope they have an answer for me tomorrow!

I knew what you meant... I was just commenting that the new products there aren't new here... LOL Good luck with the move!

I'm in Scotland! So if they won't let you transfer over you can always sign up under me.... :wink wink:

Our products are different, some things don't sell over here that sell well in the US, it's all market tested I think.

As for cookbooks ladies, well from what I can tell we don't actually get as many recipes as you do, there is only the stoneware book and Taste of Pampered Chef available just now. TBH some of it won't work in the US, as it's specific to brands that are found here. I realised that some of my Canadian recipes didn't transfer over due to change in flour etc, but things also cook at different rates due to the different altitude. weird eh?

Yes, but we can still read them and get ideas!!! LOL I never follow a recipe at home, I just read cookbooks and decide which elements of a recipe I want to use! lol

I saw that this Spring they got the citris colors, so they will probably get the recent colors next Spring.

soccermama said:
Yes, but we can still read them and get ideas!!! LOL I never follow a recipe at home, I just read cookbooks and decide which elements of a recipe I want to use! lol

from what I can tell they take the US recipes though and adapt them to the UK ingredients etc. There probably isn't much different in our books.

Probably.... but I'm a cookbook freak! I LOVE COOKBOOKS!!!!! ;)

1. Can I transfer my Social Security benefits to Scotland?

Yes, you can transfer your Social Security benefits to Scotland. As a U.S. citizen, you are entitled to receive your Social Security benefits no matter where you live. However, there are some factors to consider before transferring your benefits, such as tax implications and exchange rates. It is recommended to consult with a financial advisor before making the transfer.

2. How do I notify the Social Security Administration of my move to Scotland?

You can notify the Social Security Administration of your move to Scotland by contacting the Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) at the U.S. Embassy in London. They will assist you with the necessary paperwork and provide guidance on the transfer process. You can also notify the SSA by filling out the Form SSA-21 and mailing it to the SSA office in Baltimore.

3. Will I still receive the same amount of benefits in Scotland?

The amount of benefits you receive in Scotland may differ from the amount you received in the United States. This is because the benefits are based on your work history in the U.S. and the cost of living in Scotland. However, the SSA has a totalization agreement with the U.K., which ensures that you do not lose any benefits due to the transfer.

4. Can I receive my benefits in a Scottish bank account?

Yes, you can choose to receive your benefits in a Scottish bank account. The SSA can deposit your benefits directly into a bank account in Scotland, as long as the bank participates in the International Direct Deposit (IDD) program. You can check if your bank participates by contacting them or the FBU in London.

5. Is there a deadline for transferring my benefits to Scotland?

There is no specific deadline for transferring your benefits to Scotland. However, it is recommended to notify the SSA of your move as soon as possible to avoid any delay in receiving your benefits. It is also important to note that the transfer process may take several months, so it is best to start early.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• The_Kitchen_Guy
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dannyzmom
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • winklermom