• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Business: Tips for Growing Your Team and Income

In summary, Deb is looking for ways to double her income and expands her business to 6-8 shows a month. She recommends expos and staying on the phone to make customer service calls, and being active on social media. She also recommends asking for referrals and host specials.
DebbieJ
Hey there,

The time has come where I either need to totally step up my biz or seek a job outside my home.

I'm looking for any and all ideas to essentially double my paycheck. I already do 6-8 shows a month and just achieved directorship in April. I need to do more shows AND grow my team.

Of course, the first step is to pick up the phone. And I will do that. Any ideas on what to say?

Any other tips, wisdom, encouragement, etc are welcome. I'm feeling really down about this right now. :(

Hi Deb! Congrats on your directorship! I don't have any good advice for you, because I am just stepping up my business from 1-2 shows a month to 6 in June and 3 in July (so far). I just wanted to give you some encouragement! I haven't been to conference yet (I'm in wave 3 too!), but I'm sure that will give you some great ideas and motivation! I just did a fair, and that really boosted my business. Good Luck!

Hi, Deb!
I just stepped up my PC this year after 4 years in business. The most important thing is to stay on the phone making those customer care calls, even when you get your calendar booked how you want it, keep calling or the calendar won't stay full for the next months.

I went from doing 1-2 shows (cooking/catalog) a month or every other month to now a goal of consistently 6-8 (cooking/catalog shows). Once I got my Feb. where I wanted it, I had stopped calling and then my may was back to 4 shows because I didn't keep working my business.

Best of Luck to you! It can be done!
Lynette

I find that doing expos helps too, especially if I'm involved in organizing them. I recently met a consultant that has led to 6 shows since February!! It's a great way to branch out from the circles you already know.

Save guestlistsHi this is one bit of advice I got from my director:
when u do a show for sum1 keep the guest list then if the host is interested in specific product, u can give them a call next year and when they are on host specials u can say " I know u where kinda interested in (wateva they r) and i hav saved your guestlist so u can invite every1 u had to your last show and then sum!" my director says this tip wrks lik a charm and has gotten a lot of members on her team that way. (lik me) I cant wait to use this, I just havnt done this long enough yet to use it effectively!
Good Luck

Hi Deb,
Sorry to hear you're feeling down about this at the moment. You can make it happen!! You're a very strong consultant and it's awesome that you're a new director. I would have to say that the phone is the number one biggest thing that can help you build your business. If it's possible (and it may be nuts for a while) try to double book your month beyond what you normally do. It will do wonders for your business. Of course, the first step is finding those bookings. Go back and contact some of your first show guests. Let them know you've grown a great business and you're looking to expand it some more. You appreciated their support and maybe see if they'd like to see the new products. If you have some mini-catalogs, stick them in the mail to them. They fit in a regular size envelope and with a small flyer in there, I think it's still a regular stamp. Let everyone know about the upcoming host specials. I know you'll want shows before August, but I think the August host special is absolutely amazing, so as a last resort pull that one out of your hat.

Ask for referrals! I need to get better about that myself. If someone has no interest in booking, ask if they can give you 3 names and contact info of people who like to cook, want to make cooking easier, like to get together with friends or who may be short on cash right now. ONe idea is to maybe do a drawing for the gracious customers and past hosts who DO give you referrals and give away something summer-related. Maybe say for the month of June you're really working on expanding your business and for every ____ amount of names they give you, they'll be entered in the drawing and the winner will be chosen at the end of June or something.

Just some thoughts off the top of my head. YOu can do it!!! I know you're also frequently doing booths and things like that from what I've read on here, so try to seek those out. I just did Riverfest in St. Charles this weekend and got about 17 booking leads and a couple recruit leads. I was VERY pleased with that outcome. So far I have one Cooking Show booking and one catalog show. I just left messages with most other people, so now it's a matter of tracking them down.

Good luck!!!!!!:D

Whew, sorry about that long post! :eek: Of course I thought of one other idea. Someone posted the phone number for a recorded call by Nancy Jo. Of course now I can't find it, but that may be a good thing to do if you haven't already. I think it talked more about getting bookings at shows, but it could easily apply to wording needed on the phone. If I find it, I'll post the link.....:)

Whew, sorry about that long post! :eek: Of course I thought of one other idea. Someone posted the phone number for a recorded call by Nancy Jo. Of course now I can't find it, but that may be a good thing to do if you haven't already. I think it talked more about getting bookings at shows, but it could easily apply to wording needed on the phone. If I find it, I'll post the link.....:)

Here's where it's discussed...
http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=21403&page=2&highlight=Nancy+Jo

Thanks, Becky! Those are all great ideas!

I just reserved my spot a bridal fair for August and will be on the look out for what I can squeeze in yet in June and July as far as fairs go.

I also got on the phone today and booked an August catalog show, so I'm on my way!

Read and reread and reread and reread and (you get the idea) the quote in your signature line EVERY DAY when you think that you need to quit. If you REALLY want this, I'm sure you'll make it work - after all you've done really well so far... you went to San Fran AND promoted to director in less than 2 years!!! Keep us updated or let us know when you need another "kick in the pants"!

Debbie, I know that you can fill your calendar the way you want. You have always given me such wonderful advice & suggestions.

Oh, and Becky, I think I'll take your suggestion on the mini catalogs too!

1. How can I recruit new team members effectively?

To effectively recruit new team members, it is important to first identify your target audience and understand their interests and needs. Utilize social media and networking events to reach out to potential recruits and highlight the benefits of joining your team, such as flexible hours and the opportunity for personal and financial growth. Additionally, offering incentives and rewards for successful referrals can also help attract new team members.

2. How can I motivate my team to reach their full potential?

Motivating your team is essential for their growth and success. One effective way to motivate them is by setting achievable goals and providing them with the necessary resources and support to reach those goals. Celebrating their successes and recognizing their efforts can also boost morale and motivation. Additionally, providing ongoing training and development opportunities can help your team members continuously improve and reach their full potential.

3. How can I increase my income as a team leader?

As a team leader, there are multiple ways to increase your income. First, focus on growing your team by recruiting new members and helping them succeed. This will not only bring in more sales, but also increase your team's overall productivity. Additionally, consider hosting virtual parties or workshops to reach a larger audience and increase your sales. Finally, offering upsells and add-ons to your customers can also boost your income.

4. How do I balance managing my team and my personal business?

Balancing managing your team and your personal business can be challenging, but it is important to prioritize and delegate tasks. Focus on the most important tasks for your team's growth, and delegate less critical tasks to team members. Additionally, set aside specific times for team meetings and check-ins, while also dedicating time for your own business and personal development.

5. How can I effectively train new team members?

Effective training for new team members is crucial for their success and the success of your team. Start by providing them with a comprehensive training program that covers all aspects of the business, including product knowledge, sales techniques, and team building. Encourage them to ask questions and provide ongoing support as they begin their journey. Additionally, consider pairing them with a more experienced team member for mentorship and guidance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jregini
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
jigsmom
  • Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies