• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find Events To Grow Your Consulting Business: Tips & Advice

In summary, as a consultant, it is important to attend relevant events such as conferences, trade shows, networking events, workshops, and seminars to connect with potential clients and showcase your expertise. To find events, you can network with professionals, join industry associations, and search online. It can also be beneficial to attend events in related industries to broaden your network. To make the most of events, research the audience and prepare a pitch, and bring marketing materials. Following up with potential clients after an event is crucial, and can be done through personalized emails or messages, and scheduling a follow-up meeting or call.
HH_04
I Am A New Consultant And Need Ideas On Where To Find Festivals, Booths, And Fairs In Order To Make My Business Grow. Any Tips, Suggestions Or Advice Would Be Appreciated.

Do a search because there was just recently a thread about this very thing. I didn't read any of it, so I can't help you there.

Houston puts out a multipaged flier (August 29th paper) on the booths, craft fairs in this area during the fall and then again in the spring. Call your paper and see if they have anything similar. Many are at churches... call churches and find out when theirs is if they have one. Once you start going.. you can ask everyone at the fair if they know of any others in the future. I went to one last weekend.. everyone was asking if I was going to the one this weekend.
I make copies of a blank calendar..and plot when this one is.. and when that one is.. then I decide which one to book. I also call for prices. They usually only want one PC person at each function... but if you get in.. they will notify you before next year and you get first chance to get another booth next year.. At least that is how it is here. So I am the exclusive one at several bazaars/craft fairs. That works out great!! Hope this helps.

Chamber of Commerce
Newspaper
Other DS Consultants may give leads
Sometimes the Government website has some upcoming fairs (CDN?)
Search online
Talk to your D
Organize one yourself - bridal, christmas gift show, ladies night out
Phone the city/town office

What types of events should I attend to grow my consulting business?

As a consultant, it is important to attend events that are relevant to your industry and target audience. Consider attending conferences, trade shows, networking events, workshops, and seminars. These events will allow you to connect with potential clients and showcase your expertise.

How can I find events to attend?

You can find events by networking with other professionals in your industry, joining relevant industry associations, and searching online for events and conferences in your area. Additionally, you can reach out to event organizers and inquire about speaking or exhibiting opportunities.

Should I attend events that are not directly related to my industry?

While it is beneficial to attend events within your industry, it can also be valuable to attend events in related industries. This can help you broaden your network and potentially gain clients from different industries who may need your services.

How should I prepare for events to make the most of them?

Prior to attending an event, research the event and its attendees to better understand the audience and tailor your approach. Prepare a pitch or elevator speech to introduce yourself and your services. Also, make sure to bring business cards and marketing materials to hand out to potential clients.

What is the best way to follow up with potential clients after an event?

Following up with potential clients after an event is crucial. Send a personalized email or LinkedIn message to thank them for their time and remind them of your services. You can also ask to schedule a follow-up meeting or call to further discuss how you can help them with their business needs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Admin Greg
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vminaudo
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • Debbie Magee