• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Grief! I Got an Internet Violation Notice From the Ho...

In summary, the PC consultant website Joy's was using images, recipes, wording, logos, and other intellectual property without permission from Career Solutions led to a violation of policy. The website is now in violation and consultants are not allowed to use the property.
pamperedlinda said:
If you are talking about 123....she doesn't answer her emails either :rolleyes:

No, Erika Soelberg.

Nope - she has a website - and HO won't like it: http://www.123byrequest.com/ByRequestNewsletter.html

PampChefJoy said:
No, Erika Soelberg.

She does the Monday Morning Motivation thing - right? I like it, but I can't justify the price it right now.

pamperedlinda said:
She does the Monday Morning Motivation thing - right? I like it, but I can't justify the price it right now.

Yes. I haven't seen one of her newsletters recently so I don't know if she uses images and logo... but I have to think for sure that HO knows about her because she does so many director's newsletters.

My director uses her for her downline newsletter (the Monday Motivation) and she does use images. I didn't see a logo in the last one, but I know that she has before.

PS - I like yours better... ;)

I have only seen a couple of the MMM. It was nice - but quite long and wordy.

Well, if HO is reading this thread they now about her now.:D

jrstephens said:
Well, if HO is reading this thread they now about her now.:D

I'm sure they know about ALL of them.

Something weird is going on. I think they want more control of the communications that are sent out by us and make them uniform - hence all of the things we can send out via our pws with customer connection. I personally do not use customer connection. Mine is a mess and full of addresses that need to be cleaned out and duplicates that need to be merged - I don't have time nor the inclination to do so. I also don't care for the limited emails that we can send from there. I hope this is a fleeting fantsy that they have and that Joy's business will be back to normal really soon.

I'm new with pc (4mos ) and after reading this about Joy not being able to do her newsletter for us all, it makes me wonder if this company is one that I want to work with. There seems more things that go wrong with the shipping of products, etc. And now this. Joy you are only trying to help us do our jobs better. If they force you to quit then this isn't the company I want to represent. I also don't agree with having to submit an order each month if this is supposed to be our business, then we should do the business as we want. Some people don't have the courage to ask for parties each mo (me for one). So I am also supporting Joy 100%.

pamperedlinda said:

Something weird is going on. I think they want more control of the communications that are sent out by us and make them uniform - hence all of the things we can send out via our pws with customer connection. I personally do not use customer connection. Mine is a mess and full of addresses that need to be cleaned out and duplicates that need to be merged - I don't have time nor the inclination to do so. I also don't care for the limited emails that we can send from there. I hope this is a fleeting fantsy that they have and that Joy's business will be back to normal really soon.

I couldn't agree more. I really don't even mess with my customer connection b/c I know it won't get to my customers. It's really disappointing that we can't use it because I think it would be a great thing if we could. However, I still think that a newsletter is something that my customers appreciate. I know that I have gotten the cookie cutter 'newsletters' from other DS companies & I'm so grateful that I have Joy!

Absloutely Crystal. I run into people all the time that tell me thanks for sending them the newsletter and the recipes. They tell me how much they enjoy them. When I include about a goal I met, they congratulate me. At my last show (where I knew none of them) when I got to the part onthe DPDS about giving me their email address for my newsletter one of them congratulated me for earning my trip - I said how did you know that? She said so and so told her that she read it in my newsletter!

pamperedlinda said:

Something weird is going on.

I personally think the wierdness is all the threads they see on here about internet violations and it is leading them to crack down on things even more. I think it is awful suspicious that all these threads have been on here this week and then this happens to Joy.

Ok, so anyone else want to start a campaign? I really am sick of this whole nonsense---they might as well realize that the internet is here to stay--they should come up with some decent guidelines rather than throwing the Baby out with the Bath water. There are so many violations because the rule is unrealistic.

Absloutely Crystal. I run into people all the time that tell me thanks for sending them the newsletter and the recipes. They tell me how much they enjoy them. When I include about a goal I met, they congratulate me. At my last show (where I knew none of them) when I got to the part onthe DPDS about giving me their email address for my newsletter one of them congratulated me for earning my trip - I said how did you know that? She said so and so told her that she read it in my newsletter!__________________
Linda

Prayers for Paige and her family!

- - - - - - - - - - -

What a great concept! Word of mouth regarding a newsletter you sent to someone else who told this person who you didn't even know about a personal goal you reached that I'm sure led to her giving you her email address. And when she commented out loud about it I'm also sure others heard the excitement in the conversation which would ultimately lead to good customer service. All because of a newsletter you sent to someone else! Who'd of thought it?!?

Now, of course, I'm being silly. But, the fact remains that our business is counted profited if we have newsletter b/c of the reactions from our customers.

This is just ridiculous!

Last edited:
harmony3 said:
I'm new with pc (4mos ) and after reading this about Joy not being able to do her newsletter for us all, it makes me wonder if this company is one that I want to work with. There seems more things that go wrong with the shipping of products, etc. And now this. Joy you are only trying to help us do our jobs better. If they force you to quit then this isn't the company I want to represent. I also don't agree with having to submit an order each month if this is supposed to be our business, then we should do the business as we want. Some people don't have the courage to ask for parties each mo (me for one). So I am also supporting Joy 100%.

first of all I am responding to this post yes it is rusterating that Joy is told she cant do us a service Which I absolutly love, but I still think PC is a great comany to work for. I really dont have a problem with the submitt 150 in sales every month but to me that is no big deal.

Joy I love love your newsletters. My director was emailing me some from someone else and I never got any responses. When I started using yours yes I did get a ew remove me from your email list but I also got a booking for Feb and I have gotten some outlet orders. I hope you get this all resolved. I also need to send out my newsletter. At least I have the free flyers right:rolleyes:

I've never tried to hide anything... I've been on CS a long time and always been open about my stuff, so I don't know why it would be all of a sudden...

To the best of my knowledge, I've never had a dispute with anyone (like someone wanted their money back or thought they didn't get what they paid for). I do feel targeted but I'm trying to get over it.

WOW! My head is spinning. I am even more confused than ever! I think I might be in violation in several areas after reading this post AND I READ THE POLICIES AND PROCEDURES. <sigh>

Joy - I am really sorry you are having to deal with this stuff. <BIG hugs> Hang in there!

I am holding out on freaking out just yet because there just HAS to be something else to this...I just can't imagine that someone would have complained about your newsletter. It is just baffling to me that this has come up.

I also despise the stuff from our websites for the same reason as everyone else - too salesy CLEARLY not from ME and not enough customer warmth. And to top that off, 9 out of 10 people tell me it went to their SPAM FOLDER! How is that helping me?!

If it gets to the point that we cannot use these outside newsletters, I have to tell you I will be pretty ticked off. One of the draws for me to become a Pampered Chef Consultant was that I could run MY business as professionally and ethically as I see fit. I personally feel like they tie our hands enough as it is.

That's not to say I don't get why they are so strict and I am glad they are about many of these things. I have recently heard horror stories from customers and fellow PCer's about some of the antics going on with consultants in my area and it is humiliating for me as a consultant but I have to agree with some of the other comments on here - get with the 21st century! There are so many other companies that give their consultants just a little more rope than we are allowed.

I don't want my newsletter to be the same thing everyone else sends out. I have to be honest and say that I use 2 newsletter companies and I combine the 2 to be what I want my newsletter to look and sound like.There are THOUSANDS of other consultants out there and I have to set myself apart from them in as many ways as I can. As for Merrill - geez - give me a break - I just signed up for the Ad Generator thinking it was going to be AWESOME and was VERY DISAPPOINTED!

Don't misunderstand that to be that I don't respect other consultants customers - I do not take other peoples business. I ask if they have a consultant and if they do - I tell them they should contact their consultant about whatever it is I was trying to sell them and I explain that one of the great things about being a Pampered Chef consultant is that we have an implied code of honor, of sorts, about soliciting other consultants clients.

The only difference I can find between the two is that many of the pictures are different (non PC). Otherwise, they both have PC wording, they both have recipes, they both have links to my website through product pictures. Hmmm - just baffled - I truly am.

I support Joy and my other provider. GREAT PEOPLE and the only professional looking newsletters I have seen - I get many compliments from my customers (who are professional business owners themselves).

OK - that is my rant. I am very interested to see how this plays out.

I'm really sorry too Joy! I'm still new, so I haven't subscribed to your NL, but I was planning to, once I had a nice little customer base going on..........IMO, I think what you are doing is TOTALLY different then these E-bay sites.....ect.

For the record, the blanket is up to 40.00!!! Why isn't HO on top of that one??

harmony3 said:

Please don't be concerned. PC is a great company. Yes, sometimes they make decisions that we don't agree with. That's to be expected. I love The Furry Guy. He is a wonderful man. That doesn't mean we always agree. As for shipping issues, my friends with other DS companies have more complaints.

SeeMe4PC said:
The only difference I can find between the two is that many of the pictures are different (non PC). Otherwise, they both have PC wording, they both have recipes, they both have links to my website through product pictures. Hmmm - just baffled - I truly am.

Are they pictures of the products that they took themselves? I actually asked this question point blank... WHAT IF I took my own product pics, WHAT IF I used my own product descriptions....

She wouldn't really answer my question, as if she was reluctant to give me a way to conduct myself within the rules.

You know that saying: if you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.....

Maybe, if we eliminate anything that can be outright a violation, leaving that muddly gray area, must be okay, because it's not specifically stated.

I hope I am not forcing them to become more explicit, though.

harmony3 said:
Harmony3 - don't give up on PC. I am also new - 4 mos - and this is an awesome company to work with. While I just submitted a post venting my frustrations - I think many people would back me up on this one.In my humble opinion, every company has its growing pains and I think this is one of them. There a lot of positive changes going on right now that is causing a rippled hiccup throughout the whole company. Shipping, etc.I, for one, am waiting to see what the waters look like when they are calm. I just don't want you to make any rash decisions in the heat of emotion that might be regretted. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised in the end.

The ironic thing is that you would think they would WANT me/you to use the official images because they are way prettier than our own snapshots. I know - I stink at product photography... it's difficult!

I just remembered... a few months ago I was passed along a message that Lydia Martin had stopped sharing her flyers because HO told her she couldn't.And she has won awards from PC!

I believe that PC has a copyright on all their photo's so anybody using them would be breaking copyright laws. I could be wrong but it makes sense to me that they would be. But that would mean that even flyers made here w/photos would be wrong right?

Joy, when the lady on the phone told you that you should be more focused on your business did you tell her that this is your business? I think that was a very RUDE comment to make.

Joy,
Have Faith, this will work out.
Keeping positive thoughts

rennea said:
Joy, when the lady on the phone told you that you should be more focused on your business did you tell her that this is your business? I think that was a very RUDE comment to make.

I think that is part of what upsets me so... because she sounded like my mother or something... heck, even my director and SED have never told me otherwise even when I dropped back on doing my shows and continued to focus on the newsletter!

rennea said:
I believe that PC has a copyright on all their photo's so anybody using them would be breaking copyright laws. I could be wrong but it makes sense to me that they would be. But that would mean that even flyers made here w/photos would be wrong right?

That is my understanding, too, which is why this is so confusing.

I think PC needs a newsletter not an email ad for a show! I like PrepChef's suggestion about you doing a newsletter for HO for all consultants!!! Let them pay you for all of us!!! Or let us pay you through them. One of my new year's resolutions was to promote my business more. I got the sample newsletter for January and loved it. Hope it gets straightened out because I am ready to sign up for your newsletter!!!!!

This is very frustrating. I need help with newsletters because mine are aweful. I get that HO wants us to do our main selling at kitchen/catalog shows, but using the internet only enhances that. I don't understand the difference in Joy doing a newsletter for us and me doing one for myself. I hate the customer stuff on our websites. It is ugly and useless.

PampChefJoy said:
By the way, she said flyers on Chef Success are okay because it's consultant-only... but TTConnect for sure is consultant only too. Hmmm.... I wonder if I go to paid message board format, if that would fix it.... it would still be downloadable but you'd have to be a paid member to get access...

I joined WeLovePamperedChefToo on a yahoo message board (nowhere near as good as this!!) and they require all members to enter their consultant number to join. That might be the avenue to drive around this violation. Maybe you could do that, and that would "prove" all your free flyers and newsletters are created for PC consultants only. I would hate to lose you and all the good work you do. I would think you would have to remain a consultant yourself, or you wouldn't have access to the information we need in our newsletters and flyers.

I agree with all the other comments here, you have helped my business and been nothing but a benefit to The Pampered Chef. I understand that they cannot make an exception to their rules for you, but they should make a better effort to work with you to help THEIR business.

If if wasn't for the consultants, they would have no business...

rennea said:

SeeMe4PC said:
That is my understanding, too, which is why this is so confusing.
That is correct - any flyers made with PC photos are breaking policy. The only thing we are allowed to download and use on flyers is the logo.

Copyrighted Materials
Consultants and Above
The “©” symbol indicates copyrighted materials. Other than
in communications with Show hosts or guests, the catalog,
postcard invitations, newsletters, recipes, etc., or anything
bearing the “©” symbol should not be reproduced in whole
or in part.

So if I am providing a communication to a customer or host I can use copyrighted material. Yes?

prepchef said:
Copyrighted Materials
Consultants and Above
The “©” symbol indicates copyrighted materials. Other than
in communications with Show hosts or guests, the catalog,
postcard invitations, newsletters, recipes, etc., or anything
bearing the “©” symbol should not be reproduced in whole
or in part.

So if I am providing a communication to a customer or host I can use copyrighted material. Yes?

This makes sense to me.....If we all are only using these flyers and newsletters for our business then what is the violation??????:grumpy:

Oh Joy!!! I just got home from work, I'm so sorry to hear about all this. When I first started my business I tried to make my own newsletter but they were very time consuming and not very pretty. I finally signed up for 123 but after several people having issues with her and not knowing when my subscription was up, I signed up for yours. That in conjunction with iContact (which I would not be able to use with the website emails) were wonderful this month. I would be so sad if I couldn't use your service any more. I do agree with the whole "consultant community" aspect of TT that way we can still get the materials we need.

I honestly think its the fact that she's "making" money on this. They may be looking at it as if she is selling the copyright images which is illegal no matter what. It's just like if you have a copyrighted photograph, you can't take it to walmart or walgreens and have it printed, or atleast your not suppose to. PC owns the rights to the photos and they can say when and how they are used. The solution may be to take your own photos (then you own the rights to them) and maybe include directions on how each consultant can add the logo themselves. This may be the muddy gray area you are looking for.

Joy, I would think that since you cleaned up the links to your PWS from TT site. You are now in accordance with the Policies and Procedures.

If TTConnect is truly a consultant only site, then there should be no violation.

Shove the Copyrighted Section up their @sses! We are all communicating with Hosts and Guests! Duh!

I understand copyright. I am a professional photographer - I totally respect copyright. But I wasn't trying to sell images. I was using images that consultants already had access to *and are approved to use* in a newsletter. What can I charge for so that I am not giving my labor away? "Server and storage and bandwidth" fees? If I could afford to give it away for free, I would, but truth of the matter is that I have 1) taught myself alot of editing skill to be able to produce what I do, 2) spent alot of time away from my family to do so (just like a real job), and 3) taken the time to develop a list of things to make it more worthwhile for consultants to join (the new Valentine's and Birthday card emails, for example...).And, (spoken through gritted teeth), I am not the only one making money doing this, NOR was I the first one to do so... {read: BITTER!}

prepchef said:
Joy, I would think that since you cleaned up the links to your PWS from TT site. You are now in accordance with the Policies and Procedures.

If TTConnect is truly a consultant only site, then there should be no violation.

Shove the Copyrighted Section up their @sses! We are all communicating with Hosts and Guests! Duh!

LOL, love ya Rich! Hey, are you going to the Linda Bowles meeting tomorrow? She is our sales manager... maybe YOU can ask her for me :)

Yes I am going to Linda Bowles. I will. I tried last time Tracy Williams came to town, but she pretty much gave me the party line. Grrr.

PampChefJoy said:
I understand copyright. I am a professional photographer - I totally respect copyright. But I wasn't trying to sell images. I was using images that consultants already had access to *and are approved to use* in a newsletter.

What can I charge for so that I am not giving my labor away? "Server and storage and bandwidth" fees? If I could afford to give it away for free, I would, but truth of the matter is that I have 1) taught myself alot of editing skill to be able to produce what I do, 2) spent alot of time away from my family to do so (just like a real job), and 3) taken the time to develop a list of things to make it more worthwhile for consultants to join (the new Valentine's and Birthday card emails, for example...).

And, (spoken through gritted teeth), I am not the only one making money doing this, NOR was I the first one to do so... {read: BITTER!}

I totally get what you are saying, and why you are so frustrated. I'm just trying to help as if I was looking at it from their side of things. I think this is all a stupid mess.

I think if they crack down on you, they also need to crack down on the others.

Hopefully this will all get settled soon and things can get back normal. Maybe they will be happy with the changes that you have made.

Is there a way to make the sign up area to only accept people with referals? Maybe if people can't even join without having some kind of code, or another subscribers name to get in, that would make it more secure. I went and looked at everything, and if you didnt know it was for PC by a "referal" you wouldn't know what it was for.

Barb said she is entertaining Linda and Rachel (don't know who Rachel is either) for the next 2 days... but that their schedule is pretty full and she couldn't guarantee that the subject would be brought up.

Well, I love you Joy. I hope this gets taken care of! You are a major life saver!! I hate the Customer Connections. It never makes it to where it is supposed to go or takes 2-3 weeks to get there, I can't track who opens it, I can't track what links they clicked, I can't customize it. If I want to tell my customers several things or things specific about my business I have to send out multiple emails. It is a mess and we should have a choice!! We are consultants buying a service from another consultant! They need to get their panties out of the wad they've got them in. Having to deal only with Merrill for logo wear and material is a pain in the butt...if they restrict us to only using the CC for our newsletters it will be a sad, sad day!

Have you ever tried to make a fist with dry sand? The more you squeeze that sand the less you end up with in your hand. I am a little concerned that this is what is happening here. Hopefully, I am wrong!

And, I might add, that WE are making money off of Joy's labors and PC is making money of of Joy's labors...the world is a wheel....

PampChefJoy said:
Barb said she is entertaining Linda and Rachel (don't know who Rachel is either) for the next 2 days... but that their schedule is pretty full and she couldn't guarantee that the subject would be brought up.

Rachel Geitzen (or something like that) a sales manager at HO.

Oh you know me! :rolleyes::eek::cool:

I'll get some face time with Linda and broach the subject. I'm sure that without full knowledge of the situation, she will have a limited response. I emailed Linda last week and asked her to give me a short bio so I could be ahead of the curve. She responded and did. So, if you want her email address I can send it to you.

candiejayne said:
I totally get what you are saying, and why you are so frustrated. I'm just trying to help as if I was looking at it from their side of things. I think this is all a stupid mess.

No, thank you -- I didn't mean to get defensive... actually I would love more dissenting opinions... it would help me to understand why and where HO is coming from... and it's easy enough to see there is support for what I do... but what I fear are the lurkers who aren't saying anything -- the ones who have a problem with what I do. Now, I guess it's expecting too much for them to actually admit to this group that they are opposed....

Kinda like the circle of life, but instead of animals eating other animals for survival, we are teaching people how to cook, for some that means we are teaching them how to survive! LOL I just thought back to my last cluster meeting and one of my clustermates did a show where one of the ladies there (late 30's) seriously didn't even know how to boil water for pasta...

PampChefJoy said:
No, thank you -- I didn't mean to get defensive... actually I would love more dissenting opinions... it would help me to understand why and where HO is coming from... and it's easy enough to see there is support for what I do... but what I fear are the lurkers who aren't saying anything -- the ones who have a problem with what I do. Now, I guess it's expecting too much for them to actually admit to this group that they are opposed....

I didn't think you meant to be, but I thought I should clarify just incase you took it that way. I for one know what it's like to have people jump on you for something you did/said! :)

There has to be a solution to this, I guess though without straight answers from PC it's hard to come up with one. Especially since playing the game means so many strikes and you are out. There isn't really room for trial and error.

Joy you should never apologize for charging a fee for your newsletter. This is a business for you and you are providing a service. If somebody doesn't like it then they don't have to sign up for it. Plan and Simple!!!

What I don't understand in this "Go Green" Society that HO would rather us use 6 pieces of paper for the Host/Guest Special for 3 months rather than 1.... I am now very confused after my HED endorsing the flyers, etc from CS (that are part yours too, Joy) and TT being referred to at Conference, what the heck is going on?? If they are telling us at that level to make our own flyers, then someone is not clear higher up than any of us!!Hang in there, Joy!

<h2>1. What is an internet violation notice from the hosting company?</h2><p>An internet violation notice is a message from your website hosting company alerting you that your site has been flagged for violating their terms of service. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as linking to malicious websites, posting inappropriate content, or using too much bandwidth.</p><h2>2. What does the standard verbiage in the notice mean?</h2><p>The standard verbiage in the notice typically includes a warning about not linking, posting, or using any content that violates the hosting company's terms of service. It is a general statement to inform you that your site has been found to have violated their policies.</p><h2>3. How can I find out the exact violation?</h2><p>The best way to find out the exact violation is to contact the hosting company directly. They should be able to provide you with more specific information about what content or actions on your site led to the violation notice.</p><h2>4. What should I do after receiving an internet violation notice?</h2><p>First, you should carefully review the notice and any related terms of service from your hosting company. Then, address the issue by either removing the violating content or taking necessary steps to fix the problem. Finally, respond to the hosting company and let them know what actions you have taken to resolve the violation.</p><h2>5. Why did I receive the notice at my consultant email instead of my TT email?</h2><p>It is possible that your consultant email is linked to your website in some way, such as on a flyer or business card. Make sure to review all of your online presence and update any contact information to avoid future confusion or issues with your website.</p>

1. What is an internet violation notice from the hosting company?

An internet violation notice is a message from your website hosting company alerting you that your site has been flagged for violating their terms of service. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as linking to malicious websites, posting inappropriate content, or using too much bandwidth.

2. What does the standard verbiage in the notice mean?

The standard verbiage in the notice typically includes a warning about not linking, posting, or using any content that violates the hosting company's terms of service. It is a general statement to inform you that your site has been found to have violated their policies.

3. How can I find out the exact violation?

The best way to find out the exact violation is to contact the hosting company directly. They should be able to provide you with more specific information about what content or actions on your site led to the violation notice.

4. What should I do after receiving an internet violation notice?

First, you should carefully review the notice and any related terms of service from your hosting company. Then, address the issue by either removing the violating content or taking necessary steps to fix the problem. Finally, respond to the hosting company and let them know what actions you have taken to resolve the violation.

5. Why did I receive the notice at my consultant email instead of my TT email?

It is possible that your consultant email is linked to your website in some way, such as on a flyer or business card. Make sure to review all of your online presence and update any contact information to avoid future confusion or issues with your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lacychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • PampChefJoy