• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Grief! I Got an Internet Violation Notice From the Ho...

In summary, the PC consultant website Joy's was using images, recipes, wording, logos, and other intellectual property without permission from Career Solutions led to a violation of policy. The website is now in violation and consultants are not allowed to use the property.
PampChefJoy
Gold Member
about MY site! It was the standard verbiage about not linking, posting, etc... but I"m not sure what the "exact" violation is! I emailed her back, and am waiting to hear...

They emailed my consultant email, not my TT email... I wonder if there is a flyer loose with my email address on it somewhere....

uh ohhhh! That sucks! I know how much so many on here appreciate all your work! If I had some extra cash I'd subscribe too!

I'm anxious to see what they say....as I know you are anxious too. Let us know...

Oh Joy, that stinks! I hope you can get it cleared up soon

On the other hand, I'm glad to see HO diligently going after violators....now, if they'd just get the in-your-face-violators!

I googled your name and pampered chef. They might have you confused with this person: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/7/207/642

Oops, your friendster comes up too

google your name and pc - a lot comes up. I think I might need to do that too.

pamperedlinda said:
google your name and pc - a lot comes up. I think I might need to do that too.

I just did this and the only thing that comes up for me is a few of my posts on this site. LOL

I love your service Joy and sincerely hope it all works out.
If not they better go after all those other people who offer the same services!

I have a feeling it isn't her service, it's something else.

Well, I got an email back and she said recipes and photos are intellectual property yada yada... so I'm guessing I have to take down the flyers that I'm sharing....

Well dang! Sorry to hear that.

hmmm....what about all the recipes and flyers with photos that we share here?

Hmmmm, so I'm wondering if this was reported by someone with an illegal webpage who is ticked?

The difference is that Joy's is FOR PC consultants to use for their businesses, and not for the general public.

I dunno... I guess I could ask her about that...I wonder why they are making it an issue all of a sudden - I mean I wonder if someone reported me.And really, I like to think that I've actually been responsible for more than my fair share of sales, booking and recruitings for you all... it's a shame they don't see the value....

Even if they don't see the value, we certainly do! It would be a huge shame if someone did report you because they did something against policy and were exacting vengeance.:grumpy:

That is kind of odd because they KNOW you exist, thousands of consultants use you for awhile...I'm guessing someone used something of your in violation OR Becky's idea...

hmmmmm....maybe it's one of your competition....or maybe that Open Source Cook girl.....I feel an investigation coming on :D

Ok~ Stupid question~ If I have that I am a PC consultant on my FB page, is that a violation? I don't want to break rules, but I have alot of friends on there that I would like to know what I do. I don't have any links to my website??? What are the rules?

cookn' katie said:
Ok~ Stupid question~ If I have that I am a PC consultant on my FB page, is that a violation? I don't want to break rules, but I have alot of friends on there that I would like to know what I do. I don't have any links to my website??? What are the rules?

against the rules - sorry :(

Oh, and that was not a stupid question.

Okay so I did what Linda was talking about- Googled my name with PC and WOW- I had like 7 things pop up! Most from here!! ODD!

Okay, I just got off the phone with Donna at Career solutions and basically they said the entire site is in violation... that I am not allowed to use images, logo, wording, recipes, etc, even in sharing with other consultants.... that Merrill makes a newsletter available to consultants and that is the only authorized use...

That consultants can use the intellectual property but I am not allowed to help consultants use that property... basically if you don't know how to put together a newsletter yourself using that info, you are screwed.

And she said she wasn't aware of ANY other newsletter services!!! She asked me to report them, but I don't know if the other services use the images from the website or what, so I am not willing to rat out anyone else.... but I do know there are 4 other services that do newsletters... so are we all getting the axe or is it just me?

I am guessing I need to get technical and make everyone affirm a statement that you are paying me/Tasty Tidbits for "design services only"... that YOU are providing me with links and images from the website to design and format a newsletter for me to turn back around to you... I am not "selling" the newsletter... I am selling my "design services"....

Anyone else have any insight or words on this?

By the way, she said flyers on Chef Success are okay because it's consultant-only... but TTConnect for sure is consultant only too. Hmmm.... I wonder if I go to paid message board format, if that would fix it.... it would still be downloadable but you'd have to be a paid member to get access...

I don't have any insights that you didn't already mention, but I sure do hope you figure it out! I love your newsletter, and I could possibly get close, but it would take me forever.

PampChefJoy said:
that Merrill makes a newsletter available to consultants and that is the only authorized use...

Um, that's news to me (Merrill having a customer newsletter). And it doesn't show up anywhere on their website when I do a search, either. :(

I think it's time to flood HO with complaints about this.

You provide a valuable service to us. And, I for one am not willing to give it up.

I wasn't aware that Merrill provided a newsletter - I'm sure it's expensive.

I'm clueless on how to format a newsletter. I hope you can keep it going. Maybe set it up without the pictures, but then details on how to put them in?

I received an internet violation, too. I just started on facebook, and someone sent me a link to become a PC fan. I pretty much raved about the company like everyone else did. Then someone tagged some pictures of mine with "Pampered Chef Rocks!"

It took several days for me to find what I did wrong so I could I delete it. Apparently we aren't allowed to use the company name anywhere online. Not even under listed under occupation. We are allowed to only use it in print.

PampChefJoy said:
Okay, I just got off the phone with Donna at Career solutions and basically they said the entire site is in violation... that I am not allowed to use images, logo, wording, recipes, etc, even in sharing with other consultants.... that Merrill makes a newsletter available to consultants and that is the only authorized use...

That consultants can use the intellectual property but I am not allowed to help consultants use that property... basically if you don't know how to put together a newsletter yourself using that info, you are screwed.

And she said she wasn't aware of ANY other newsletter services!!! She asked me to report them, but I don't know if the other services use the images from the website or what, so I am not willing to rat out anyone else.... but I do know there are 4 other services that do newsletters... so are we all getting the axe or is it just me?

I am guessing I need to get technical and make everyone affirm a statement that you are paying me/Tasty Tidbits for "design services only"... that YOU are providing me with links and images from the website to design and format a newsletter for me to turn back around to you... I am not "selling" the newsletter... I am selling my "design services"....

Anyone else have any insight or words on this?

By the way, she said flyers on Chef Success are okay because it's consultant-only... but TTConnect for sure is consultant only too. Hmmm.... I wonder if I go to paid message board format, if that would fix it.... it would still be downloadable but you'd have to be a paid member to get access...

Do they? or did you mean Pampered Chef?
I have never seen it.
Change what words you need to Joy, I am sticking with you!
xoxo

Sounds to me like those who use Joy (or another service) need to start writing HO about why those services are necessary...NICELY of course...

I just called Merrill - they DO NOT offer a newsletter service.

Oh this is sad, sad news if newsletter services aren't allowed anymore. I didn't know that Merrill has one. From all the negative things I hear about Merrill, I wonder if a newsletter from them would be any good anyway! And the customer connection e-mails from our PWS aren't good to use because of how rejected they are to our contacts e-mail service providers.So what they need to do is just hire you and pay you big bucks to put stuff together as an authorized vendor! :D Too bad all they use is Merrill for everything.

Wow - I also hope they see the benefit/value in what you offer. Of course I didn't know any of this was going on until I went to TT to send my monthly newsletter this morning!

I'll stand by Joy too. How long do you think it will take for Merrill to jump on the newsletter service opportunity? Then they can charge use $75/month or something outlandish like that b/c they would be the only licensed vendor.

babywings76 said:
Oh this is sad, sad news if newsletter services aren't allowed anymore. I didn't know that Merrill has one. From all the negative things I hear about Merrill, I wonder if a newsletter from them would be any good anyway! And the customer connection e-mails from our PWS aren't good to use because of how rejected they are to our contacts e-mail service providers.

So what they need to do is just hire you and pay you big bucks to put stuff together as an authorized vendor! :D Too bad all they use is Merrill for everything.

They DON'T!!! I called them and verified it. Talked to a lady named Clara.

I think HO wants us to use Customer Connection for everything...not gonna happen for me.

pamperedlinda said:
I think it's time to flood HO with complaints about this.

You provide a valuable service to us. And, I for one am not willing to give it up.

I wasn't aware that Merrill provided a newsletter - I'm sure it's expensive.

I couldn't find it either... it was news to me... of course, no offense to the gal I was speaking with, but I don't think she was entirely knowledgeable about it... I find it hard to believe that HO is not aware of all the newsletter services out there... are they really that out of touch with what their field force uses? I have had NSEDs use my service! I know my name has come up at Executive meetings...

I've never tried to misrepresent myself as PC... and only used their tools knowing that I was "passing along" to the consultant as the end-user. I always thought the day when HO came out with their own newsletter service would be a day mine would be on the chopping block, but as long as I was providing a service that they didn't, I was doing a good thing (not competing with them).

I am very upset right now... because I feel like all my hard work is at risk of going away. I have tried so hard to be legit.. I keep records, I have a business license, I report all the income and pay taxes on it. Most of all, I am so upset because I fear the success stories that I hear all the time (I sent out your newsletter and got a booking, I sent the outlet email and got sales!) would go away and that hurts YOU and your business. I'm sitting here sniveling like a baby because of all the potential lost business for my subscribers.

Okay, I gotta go compose myself...

Joy - call some of the higher level directors that you know. Get them to help you. You know that we will do what we can too. This is absolutely no fair.

HUGS!!!!

PampChefJoy said:
I couldn't find it either... it was news to me... of course, no offense to the gal I was speaking with, but I don't think she was entirely knowledgeable about it... I find it hard to believe that HO is not aware of all the newsletter services out there... are they really that out of touch with what their field force uses? I have had NSEDs use my service! I know my name has come up at Executive meetings...

I've never tried to misrepresent myself as PC... and only used their tools knowing that I was "passing along" to the consultant as the end-user. I always thought the day when HO came out with their own newsletter service would be a day mine would be on the chopping block, but as long as I was providing a service that they didn't, I was doing a good thing (not competing with them).

I am very upset right now... because I feel like all my hard work is at risk of going away. I have tried so hard to be legit.. I keep records, I have a business license, I report all the income and pay taxes on it. Most of all, I am so upset because I fear the success stories that I hear all the time (I sent out your newsletter and got a booking, I sent the outlet email and got sales!) would go away and that hurts YOU and your business. I'm sitting here sniveling like a baby because of all the potential lost business for my subscribers.

Okay, I gotta go compose myself...

babywings76 said:
So what they need to do is just hire you and pay you big bucks to put stuff together as an authorized vendor! :D Too bad all they use is Merrill for everything.

I asked about being an authorized vendor... she said she didn't know for sure and that I should send an email to career solutions and it would be filtered up through the right channels...

I have heard that they charge a licensing fee somewhere in the $25,000 range for the ability to use their trademarked stuff.

I have been careful to not produce anything in print that has the logo on it (not like Nancy's postcards or anything)... the only print items have been the flyers, and you have access to those logos yourself anyway...

Oh, Joy! Hugs to you! I would love for you to become Pampered Chef's newsletter vendor! I can't imagine trying to get the results that I get from yours out of a newsletter I create myself. Let us know if/when we can help!

Wait- HO told her Merrill offered something they don't offer? What is that about?

Joy- I LOVE Tasty Tidbits and will sign whatever I need to to keep receiving it! I am a stay at home mom with toddler and baby. I have way more important things to do than sit around getting angry at a computer because I don't know how to put together a newsletter! Especially when there are far more talented people who are willing to share their services! Whatever you need to do, I'm sticking with you!

Yeah I find it hard to believe that HO didn't know Joy did TT. I know ED that have newsletter NOT made by them that they pay someone for AND the admit it in print, on conference calls, etc. Trust me I don't think they'd purposely do something wrong!

I support you Joy!!

So, does this mean that anyone on here that has paid for your services is guilty of an internet violation?

If you copy and paste images from PC's website doesn't that fall under their copyright? But they are saying you CAN copy and past from the Specials Flyers, just not their website images? I am confused!

It's probably something Merrill is going to get into, so, they are now working to shut everyone esle down so they will not have competition. After all, Merrill does have the monopoly of everything else.

Call them back and ask about Merrill's "newsletters." I'd love to hear what they have to say. Did you get the lady's name you spoke with at Careeer Solutions?

Several years ago I asked about getting Pampered Chef vanity plates for my car. I was told if Pampered Chef doesn't offer the service then we could get it made...wouldn't that be the same thing?

The website newsletters are not about customer care. Sometimes I feel like I'm begging customers to book a show, become a consultant or buy, buy, buy!! I want a newsletter where I can say "Are your products out of the box?" , "Thanks for attending last night's show! Here is the recipe we made and a few tips about our warranty." , "Check out this month's Top Hosts!!" or " Wow! ____ is just around the corner! Look what Pampered Chef has that will make your dish stand out!"

I want customer care newsletters, not just me promoting me! I think that's what they keep saying they want us to do as consultants.

They aren't giving us that option. Your newsletters are filling that void.

Chefgirl2 said:
Several years ago I asked about getting Pampered Chef vanity plates for my car. I was told if Pampered Chef doesn't offer the service then we could get it made...wouldn't that be the same thing?

The website newsletters are not about customer care. Sometimes I feel like I'm begging customers to book a show, become a consultant or buy, buy, buy!! I want a newsletter where I can say "Are your products out of the box?" , "Thanks for attending last night's show! Here is the recipe we made and a few tips about our warranty." , "Check out this month's Top Hosts!!" or " Wow! ____ is just around the corner! Look what Pampered Chef has that will make your dish stand out!"

I want customer care newsletters, not just me promoting me! I think that's what they keep saying they want us to do as consultants.

They aren't giving us that option. Your newsletters are filling that void.

That's it! the "newsletters" on our PWS aren't newsletters. They are one topic advertisements. Very slick and pretty, but they don't do much - and I've never had a response from them when I've used them. Plus, there is that problem of them not making it through ISP's to even get to my customers. It's just a practice of futility to use what is offered from our PWS.

I found out about TT at National Conference, in one of the workshops. It was one of two or three newsletter services mentioned.

Chefgirl2 said:

To get them made you still have to follow PC's guidelines. Someone went through that a while back with getting shirts made that were not fro Merrill.

I think it is all about Merrill having their monopoly on PC promotional products..

(Deep breath)I don't everyone is guilty of an internet violation. She specifically mentioned Chef Success and said it's okay because it's "for consultants only"... which isn't even actually factual because there are prospects and PC fans that can purchase access here.If anything, TTconnect is for consultants only because why would someone who is not a consultant want to pay for access to flyers and newsletters?I do have the gal's name but I don't think it's a good idea to flood her with emails. I don't think she has much control over the decision making. She seemed to be very "in the box" as far as stating the policies. I kept asking about alternatives and her suggestions for how I can be compliant and still provide a service. She turned around and reprimanded me by saying "you really should be focusing on your business instead." Frankly I didn't appreciate that... I have generated more in sales for PC via the newsletter than I ever will as a consultant. AND it's my business (PC is) to run as I see fit, which is very very part-time, near retired.I will reach out to some upper level directors and see what they say. I think I can come up with creative options to be compliant with HO... but it's going to require some brain power and time.AND on top of all that, my server is being funky this morning and I can't even get on my own site....

Hi Joy,
So sorry to hear about what you are going through. I just signed up for your services and like others experienced results within 24 hours of sending out my first newsletter.
The services you provide are invaluable to us in allowing us to do our business and save us hours of work doing something most of us cannot!!
It is puzzling why they are coming down so hard when what you are doing is really benefiting them in the long run. I could see their concern if you were using TT to promote your own sales or business as a consultant but that is obviously not the case.
I know that Merril has that ad generator thingy but it is really fairly worthless since you can only do so much with it.
I am willing to stand by you and support what you do.
It is sad that others are in clear violation of using eBay, CraigsList, Facebook, MySpace, etc and seemingly nothing is being done about them. These violators are there promoting their sales while the rest of us abide by the rules.
God bless you and strengthen you.

I wonder if 10 people called HO and asked if they could use a non-PC endorsed newsletter service, what kind of answer they'd get.... 10 different answers?I can't imagine a consultant hasn't called them and said "I saw this newsletter service on the internet... is it okay for me to use it?"

PampChefJoy said:
I wonder if 10 people called HO and asked if they could use a non-PC endorsed newsletter service, what kind of answer they'd get.... 10 different answers?

I can't imagine a consultant hasn't called them and said "I saw this newsletter service on the internet... is it okay for me to use it?"

Want us to?? hee hee :D

<h2>1. What is an internet violation notice from the hosting company?</h2><p>An internet violation notice is a message from your website hosting company alerting you that your site has been flagged for violating their terms of service. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as linking to malicious websites, posting inappropriate content, or using too much bandwidth.</p><h2>2. What does the standard verbiage in the notice mean?</h2><p>The standard verbiage in the notice typically includes a warning about not linking, posting, or using any content that violates the hosting company's terms of service. It is a general statement to inform you that your site has been found to have violated their policies.</p><h2>3. How can I find out the exact violation?</h2><p>The best way to find out the exact violation is to contact the hosting company directly. They should be able to provide you with more specific information about what content or actions on your site led to the violation notice.</p><h2>4. What should I do after receiving an internet violation notice?</h2><p>First, you should carefully review the notice and any related terms of service from your hosting company. Then, address the issue by either removing the violating content or taking necessary steps to fix the problem. Finally, respond to the hosting company and let them know what actions you have taken to resolve the violation.</p><h2>5. Why did I receive the notice at my consultant email instead of my TT email?</h2><p>It is possible that your consultant email is linked to your website in some way, such as on a flyer or business card. Make sure to review all of your online presence and update any contact information to avoid future confusion or issues with your website.</p>

1. What is an internet violation notice from the hosting company?

An internet violation notice is a message from your website hosting company alerting you that your site has been flagged for violating their terms of service. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as linking to malicious websites, posting inappropriate content, or using too much bandwidth.

2. What does the standard verbiage in the notice mean?

The standard verbiage in the notice typically includes a warning about not linking, posting, or using any content that violates the hosting company's terms of service. It is a general statement to inform you that your site has been found to have violated their policies.

3. How can I find out the exact violation?

The best way to find out the exact violation is to contact the hosting company directly. They should be able to provide you with more specific information about what content or actions on your site led to the violation notice.

4. What should I do after receiving an internet violation notice?

First, you should carefully review the notice and any related terms of service from your hosting company. Then, address the issue by either removing the violating content or taking necessary steps to fix the problem. Finally, respond to the hosting company and let them know what actions you have taken to resolve the violation.

5. Why did I receive the notice at my consultant email instead of my TT email?

It is possible that your consultant email is linked to your website in some way, such as on a flyer or business card. Make sure to review all of your online presence and update any contact information to avoid future confusion or issues with your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lacychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • PampChefJoy