• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Good Grief! I Got an Internet Violation Notice From the Ho...

In summary, the PC consultant website Joy's was using images, recipes, wording, logos, and other intellectual property without permission from Career Solutions led to a violation of policy. The website is now in violation and consultants are not allowed to use the property.
I wonder if this is all come about because you switched the format of how you get the newsletters to people? Before, they were all e-mailed out, and now it's on the web site to get yourself.

However you decide to continue, Joy, I will follow you! :)

I also wonder if they could "touch" you if you were not a consultant? KWIM? Not suggesting anything, just wondering.

PampChefJoy said:
I wonder if 10 people called HO and asked if they could use a non-PC endorsed newsletter service, what kind of answer they'd get.... 10 different answers?

I can't imagine a consultant hasn't called them and said "I saw this newsletter service on the internet... is it okay for me to use it?"

I believe that you'd get 10 different answers. I have a conf call in a few mins. I'll call later today though, if you want.

I don't know why your new thing of us logging on to get our newsletters & flyers wouldn't fall under the same idea as CS. If it is log in & password needed it wouldn't be available to everyone right?

PampChefJoy said:
AND on top of all that, my server is being funky this morning and I can't even get on my own site....

Maybe you should call your provider? (thinking maybe HO called them ...)

This whole internet violation thing is getting out of hand. I understand the basic concept, but with facebook and twitter and all that they need to get on board and be welcomed to the 21st century. I have had 3 consultants actually quit over this nonsense. Who cares if you have Pampered Chef in your profile on Facebook? It can't possibly be that unfair an advantage.

Joy,

I love your service! I could never produce a newsletter with half the professional quality as the one I get from you. I am so sorry you are having to go through this.

I support you!

Oh, Joy! This stinks for you and for all of us! You provide such a valuable service. I hope there is a reasonable solution to this. I support you!

I understand the self-promotion thing... I have NEVER used Tasty Tidbits to drive business to my personal PC business. All I do is state how long I was a consultant... never posted my email address or website. Yet HO emailed my consultant email address and not the TT email address, so they started off by saying it was a consultant violation, which I don't think is really the issue.

I am just baffled as to why HO wouldn't want you to use tools that would help you succeed UNLESS they felt it was taking something away from them. And it's not like they get additional revenue by you using the emails on PWS.

IF Merrill offers a newsletter service, of course I would understand why they have an issue... I just think I'm filling a niche that they don't.

And let's go one step further... Merrill sells stickers but so do The Booster, Directly from the Heart/Sticking to Business, etc... Now, those other services do not use the logo but they sure as heck probably take business away from Merrill... what is next??

Joy, so sorry you are dealing with this. This is ludicrous!I just sent out my Feb Tasty Tidbits and got one, probably two bookings! I NEVER EVER got that kind of response from ANYTHING I sent from my PWS.

I am soo sorry to hear of this nonsense Joy! I support you completely and cannot tell you how much I enjoy your NLs each month! I hope a resolution is found soon!

Joy, I love your letters so much! They are professional without being loades down with (IMO) useless stuff. The PWS customer connect things are so genereic. they feel very fake and plastic if you know what i mean. Your newsletters feel like a real person made them and cared enough to take the time! I wish I had your talent! Even HALF your talent! I hope this gets resolved soon. Preferably with TT intact.

Last edited:
Coincidentally, my website server is down right now. I've put in a help ticket and they are going to get back to me. I don't *THINK* that HO could have the power to put a hold on my website just like that... it's just poor timing, lol.

My director said that my SED promotes my newsletter and flyers all the time... I'm going to catch up with her and see what her take is on this whole thing but I know we have a major kickoff meeting tomorrow night so this is probably not something she can address right away.

I'm really sick about this for you.

Last edited:
I am so sorry Joy!! I too LOVE your newsletters!!! I have received multiple online orders every month because of your newsletter!! I hope they get this resolved soon!! Of course I was going to send out my TT newsletter today!! :( I'm now wishing I wouldn't have procrastinated!!

I'm behind you 110%!!!! Thanks for all your hard work!!

Joy I can not believe this is happening to you. I am one of the many that have received bookings and sales after sending out my newsletter that I receive from you. I NEVER received that from sending out from PWS or the other newsletter service I used.

I support you!

With your server down - is that why the photos and graphics don't show up in the newsletter that I downloaded the other day?

pamperedlinda said:
With your server down - is that why the photos and graphics don't show up in the newsletter that I downloaded the other day?

No, they should be fine because those are hosted on the PC server...

There are a couple of images that are hosted on mine but most of them are PC's...

PampChefJoy said:
My director said that my SED promotes my newsletter and flyers all the time... I'm going to catch up with her and see what her take is on this whole thing but I know we have a major kickoff meeting tomorrow night so this is probably not something she can address right away.

I think this is a GREAT idea (like Linda said). HO has always seemed to promote the use of consultant newsletters (other DS companies supply newsletters like HO supplies us with PWS). They really need to write more about advertising policies...newsletters aren't covered sufficiently

PampChefJoy said:
No, they should be fine because those are hosted on the PC server...

There are a couple of images that are hosted on mine but most of them are PC's...

about half of them aren't showing up - just getting an X in the box. Don't worry about it right now - you've got too much on your plate.

pamperedlinda said:
about half of them aren't showing up - just getting an X in the box. Don't worry about it right now - you've got too much on your plate.

Are they the ones at the top of newsletter? Those aren't showing up on mine but from the catalog cover down they are fine.

pamperedlinda said:

I'm having the same problem Linda. I'm sending mine out today (thankfully, I sent it to myself last week!) and the first couple sets of pictures are blank with the little red x. This morning at 7:30 it was fine, but now it's not.

Hmmm. Maybe it's because you charge for your newsletter using PC pics and logo and PC doesn't profit from it. Very interesting.

princessmeshelle said:
Are they the ones at the top of newsletter? Those aren't showing up on mine but from the catalog cover down they are fine.

These are not showing up:

Logo at top
Pictures in Sneak Peak
Recipe Photo
Picture at bottom in the Contact me section

Someone I was talking to at Leadership about your newsletter told me that consultants were not allowed to charge for their newsletter services and that you were breaking your contract by offering and charging for this service. I don't remember who it was that said it to me, but I think she's a member here. As far as I'm concerned, I'm more than willing to pay for someone to do something that can do it better than I can and allows me to focus my energies elsewhere. One of the reasons I now have a cleaning lady - she cleans so I can do PC!

This could just be coincedence but I think someone on her probaly turned you in with all the other internet violation threads going around here lately. It's like that is all some people can talk about it. I think it is mighty supsicious that from what I understand you have been doing this for YEARS and just now all of a sudden after so many got turned in for FB and other petty little things, that you now got turned in. I think people need to find more to do with their time than to search for what others are doing wrong.

This is my 2 cents that I am sure will make some people mad:grumpy: but that is how I feel. :rolleyes:Please see my siggy below for my "disclaimer."

jrstephens said:
This could just be coincedence but I think someone on her probaly turned you in with all the other internet violation threads going around here lately. It's like that is all some people can talk about it. I think it is mighty supsicious that from what I understand you have been doing this for YEARS and just now all of a sudden after so many got turned in for FB and other petty little things, that you now got turned in. I think people need to find more to do with their time than to search for what others are doing wrong.

This is my 2 cents that I am sure will make some people mad:grumpy: but that is how I feel. :rolleyes:Please see my siggy below for my "disclaimer."

Jennifer, I agree with you!!

pamperedlinda said:
Someone I was talking to at Leadership about your newsletter told me that consultants were not allowed to charge for their newsletter services and that you were breaking your contract by offering and charging for this service. I don't remember who it was that said it to me, but I think she's a member here. As far as I'm concerned, I'm more than willing to pay for someone to do something that can do it better than I can and allows me to focus my energies elsewhere. One of the reasons I now have a cleaning lady - she cleans so I can do PC!

That is quite interesting Linda...I'd try to remember who that is. ...and since Joy has been a helpful member here all along, she should have brought up this concern.

Joy, I'm still catching up on the thread but I think that you DO need to reach out to your upper-level contacts and get to the RIGHT people at HO. I don't think they are handling your situation in a very professional manner. It is quite different than posting that you sell PC on Facebook or selling products on E-bay.

pamperedlinda said:
These are not showing up:

Logo at top
Pictures in Sneak Peak
Recipe Photo
Picture at bottom in the Contact me section

These are all hosted on my server, so that is the issue...

pamperedlinda said:

If you want to get technical, then directors shouldn't be paying for assistants either... I know assistants who write newsletters for directors, using PC trademarked material... Those assistants aren't working for free.

If it is an issue because I am a consultant, I can resign.

I think there is a HUGE gray area -- one that I admittedly was happy to operate under. But if someone wants to get technical, there are any number of violators out there profiting from PC in one way or another by marketing to consultants.

PampChefJoy said:
These are all hosted on my server, so that is the issue...

Thanks. I'm not doing it today anyhow so no problem.

PampChefJoy said:
If you want to get technical, then directors shouldn't be paying for assistants either... I know assistants who write newsletters for directors, using PC trademarked material... Those assistants aren't working for free.

I think there is a HUGE gray area -- one that I admittedly was happy to operate under. But if someone wants to get technical, there are any number of violators out there profiting from PC in one way or another by marketing to consultants.

Those assistants do most of the work too - other than doing the actual show.

I wonder how many HO people are reading this thread today?

When I launched TTConnect last month, it was so that I could make the information more quickly accessible and centralized to subscribers... I guess I could really call TTConnect a "consultant community" and you pay me for the "membership" of belonging. The flyers and newsletters that I "share" would be included in the membership....

And really, if there is someone here who has a problem with me or my services... what have I ever done to you? How am I HARMING your business or that of any other consultants? I don't have a monopoly on the newsletter business and I have even recommended other newsletter services when mine are not meeting someone's specific need. Free enterprise is AWESOME. With thousands of consultants, there is MORE than enough business to go around and I welcome anyone else to bring their best to the table. I've tried so hard to do the right thing so don't lump me in with people that freely advertise on Ebay and Craigslist and knowingly violate policies for their own personal gain.

(Hey, I'm reaching that stage where I've gone from sad to ANGRY - can you tell?)

pamperedlinda said:
I wonder how many HO people are reading this thread today?

Well then PLEASE would someone who can actually speak with authority call or email me so we can resolve this?

PampChefJoy said:

Yep! I agree.

PampChefJoy said:
(Hey, I'm reaching that stage where I've gone from sad to ANGRY - can you tell?)

That stage is when I usually gets things done better, ha!

This all really sucks Joy, sorry that somebody doesn't have something better to do with their time.

I would ask to speak to a supervisor then keep asking for somebody higher up. It is ridiculous that you are getting the run around.

Joy,

I understand your frustration completely. There are so many people out there on Ebay especially selling PC and people are bidding. You are a great resource on our PC community and if you were told to stop I think a lot of consultants would be unhappy. It's a great opportunity to get advice and answers here in a quick time rather than calling HO all the time. Joy thank you for all you've done in helping us in our business.

The site is back up!

I don't suppose anyone here is a lawyer in their day job???

Joy - ask your SED or other upline who your assigned Sales Manager is. Contact that person and ask them to tie you to the right people in the legal department or elsewhere.

Would anyone like to go on a scavenger hunt through my site to make sure I've removed all references to PC?

janetupnorth said:
Joy - ask your SED or other upline who your assigned Sales Manager is. Contact that person and ask them to tie you to the right people in the legal department or elsewhere.

Good idea! Thanks.

Your gift cards still reference PC. And your testimonials. But the gift card link is only on the Free Flyers page and the main page.

Will they be upset to have the name Pampered Chef appear in the testimonials? I sure hope not.

NooraK said:
Your gift cards still reference PC. And your testimonials. But the gift card link is only on the Free Flyers page and the main page.

I pulled the gift cards page...

Oh and I need to go through all the comments... maybe I can just deactivate the comments....

babywings76 said:
Will they be upset to have the name Pampered Chef appear in the testimonials? I sure hope not.

probably. I'd delete it.

So, from this scenario, I can take it that HO is nowhere near ready to loosen the reigns on what we can and can't say about our businesses online :(

can the comments just say "PC" instead of Pampered Chef?

PampChefJoy said:
I don't suppose anyone here is a lawyer in their day job???

My husband is. I can have him look stuff over when he gets home tonight, if you want!

<h2>1. What is an internet violation notice from the hosting company?</h2><p>An internet violation notice is a message from your website hosting company alerting you that your site has been flagged for violating their terms of service. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as linking to malicious websites, posting inappropriate content, or using too much bandwidth.</p><h2>2. What does the standard verbiage in the notice mean?</h2><p>The standard verbiage in the notice typically includes a warning about not linking, posting, or using any content that violates the hosting company's terms of service. It is a general statement to inform you that your site has been found to have violated their policies.</p><h2>3. How can I find out the exact violation?</h2><p>The best way to find out the exact violation is to contact the hosting company directly. They should be able to provide you with more specific information about what content or actions on your site led to the violation notice.</p><h2>4. What should I do after receiving an internet violation notice?</h2><p>First, you should carefully review the notice and any related terms of service from your hosting company. Then, address the issue by either removing the violating content or taking necessary steps to fix the problem. Finally, respond to the hosting company and let them know what actions you have taken to resolve the violation.</p><h2>5. Why did I receive the notice at my consultant email instead of my TT email?</h2><p>It is possible that your consultant email is linked to your website in some way, such as on a flyer or business card. Make sure to review all of your online presence and update any contact information to avoid future confusion or issues with your website.</p>

Related to Good Grief! I Got an Internet Violation Notice From the Ho...

1. What is an internet violation notice from the hosting company?

An internet violation notice is a message from your website hosting company alerting you that your site has been flagged for violating their terms of service. This can happen for a variety of reasons, such as linking to malicious websites, posting inappropriate content, or using too much bandwidth.

2. What does the standard verbiage in the notice mean?

The standard verbiage in the notice typically includes a warning about not linking, posting, or using any content that violates the hosting company's terms of service. It is a general statement to inform you that your site has been found to have violated their policies.

3. How can I find out the exact violation?

The best way to find out the exact violation is to contact the hosting company directly. They should be able to provide you with more specific information about what content or actions on your site led to the violation notice.

4. What should I do after receiving an internet violation notice?

First, you should carefully review the notice and any related terms of service from your hosting company. Then, address the issue by either removing the violating content or taking necessary steps to fix the problem. Finally, respond to the hosting company and let them know what actions you have taken to resolve the violation.

5. Why did I receive the notice at my consultant email instead of my TT email?

It is possible that your consultant email is linked to your website in some way, such as on a flyer or business card. Make sure to review all of your online presence and update any contact information to avoid future confusion or issues with your website.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • lacychef
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Shawnna
  • PampChefJoy