• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Holy Smokes....internet Violation....

In summary, an internet violation has been reported and it seems as though someone has posted several links to Lacy's website. Lacy is trying to figure out who did it and why.
lacychef
I got an email this morning of an internet violation...:confused: So, I looked it up; it's on kaboodle.com. I've never even heard of that! Apparently, someone has posted several links to my website. Why would someone do that? It's not anyone I know; they wouldn't gain from it.....I'm stumped. I emailed the site to take it down; you have to become a member to email the users. :grumpy: At least the lady at HO was nice:)

That is quite strange....I wonder who did that and why??!

Are you able to contact Kaboodle itself????Did they at least tell you who did it?Sorry Lacy - you don't need that!

Didn't know what Kaboodle was - so googled it.

You probably had a host or customer thinking they were helping you out by recommending you on there....little do they know!

Hope it goes away for you quickly, Lacy!

That struck me as funny Becky - Google Kaboodle... LOL!(I had to do the same thing though!!!!)

Wow - if you go to their site - there are a TON of PC consultants advertising themselves on there....with their pictures and everything!

ChefBeckyD said:
Wow - if you go to their site - there are a TON of PC consultants advertising themselves on there....with their pictures and everything!

Yikes! Well, hopefully since they are complaining about Lacy's thing she didn't even post, they are cracking down on those who are linking in their profiles and shouldn't.

janetupnorth said:
That struck me as funny Becky - Google Kaboodle... LOL!

(I had to do the same thing though!!!!)

Ha! That is a tongue twister!:p

After dh & I checked into it more; I think I may know who it is. (a past host/friend) It looks as though she created a PC wishlist & posted my web address for pics & reference. I did send a comment to the website but haven't heard anything, so I'm going to email her & see!

You also mentioned having to join to email them. If you had to pay something I would tell them your situation and ask for a refund.

I recieved the same message today!! I called their HO and talked to someone, she explained that this is a website that helps people keep track of their favorite websites that they shop at. My website is listed under the EAD and she said that is probably the product the customer was looking at when they bookmarked my website. I forwarded her a copy of the letter from HO and she is sending it to their legal dept and will get back with me Monday. Do you think it has anything to do with living in Kansas??

Wow, that's weird! I did see on the same page where mine was listed, another user had posted another consultant's webpage. I haven't heard back from the gal I know to see if it's her or not...

janetupnorth said:
That struck me as funny Becky - Google Kaboodle... LOL!

I accidentally typed in "Kadoodle" and, speaking of tongue twisters, this is what I found... a book called Mrs. Kadoodle Toodles Visits Mr. Spaloney Faloney's Parkit". Sounds like a Dr. Seuss book :)

Hmmm...I just found the site and it looks like it is now referring everyone to "pamperedchef.com". I can't see anyone's personal website. Did they fix it for you that quick or am I missing something?

GeorgiaPeach said:
Hmmm...I just found the site and it looks like it is now referring everyone to "pamperedchef.com". I can't see anyone's personal website. Did they fix it for you that quick or am I missing something?

The first many ones linked to PC.com...the last few linked to Lacy's website and another consultant or two.

Our internet policy is so restrictive. We have no control of what other people post... or really anyway to stop them. If a customer/hostess posted something we are responsible for tracking down and correcting everything. Such a hassel and our time is worth $$$!

Yes, it can be a hassle.....but I like how my director put it when I talked to her about it yesterday. PC is looking out for US! They have these restrictions so that our shows still keep their value. If customers could just go to links & order all the time, it takes the value of what we do away. (they can go to our sites, but after WE tell them about it at the shows) I also love that you can't find PC in stores too; I remember the first time I saw an Avon store, I was shocked.

Still haven't heard anything back from the site, or from my friend....we'll see.

Ok, I think I know what's happening. I was able to see who posted my website in their favorites. I don't know them, they are from a state far far away! When I talked to the Admin person at Kaboodles she said they are simply a bookmarking website. Kinda like facebook but all about shopping. I asked her why I'm with the EAD, and she said the person was looking at that product when she bookmarked your website. So, follow me here, if someone goes to pamperedchef.com, and as a Director, my website gets referred, and this person starts looking thru the online catalog, and sees something they like, and are a member of Kaboodles, they bookmark it. And I have done nothing wrong!! But now my website is on their site. I really don't think Pampered Chef can do anything about it.

hmmm, that's interesting! So yours' was possibly a director lead? I'm not a director yet, so that's not the case with me. I still haven't heard back from the girl I know, nor the kaboodles site either.

Just came home from my cluster meeting and one of our consultants received a call from HO about this. She had no idea what they were talking about and never heard of this website. Then she received a call from a Director in another state stating she was listed also and wanted to know if she knew what was going on. Hopefully someone at HO will get a handle on it.

That is crazy...we should not have to worry about tracking down people we don't even know and asking them to remove our site from sites they go to. We can't police everyone in the world. I think people who are selling online through ebay and such should be the main concern for HO not people in this type of situation. Some things are just rediculous.

1. What is "Holy Smokes....internet Violation...."?

"Holy Smokes....internet Violation...." is a phrase commonly used by Pampered Chef consultants to refer to a violation of their company's internet and social media policies.

2. What are the consequences of an internet violation at Pampered Chef?

The consequences of an internet violation at Pampered Chef can range from a warning to termination, depending on the severity of the violation.

3. What types of actions are considered internet violations at Pampered Chef?

Examples of internet violations at Pampered Chef include sharing confidential company information, misrepresenting the company or its products, and engaging in negative or defamatory discussions about the company or its consultants.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef's name and logo on my personal social media pages?

Yes, you can use Pampered Chef's name and logo on your personal social media pages as long as you follow the company's guidelines and policies for using their branding. This includes using approved images and not making any false or misleading statements about the company or its products.

5. How can I avoid internet violations as a Pampered Chef consultant?

To avoid internet violations, it is important to familiarize yourself with Pampered Chef's internet and social media policies and guidelines. Additionally, always use caution when posting about the company or its products online and be mindful of the company's reputation and image.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcsharon1
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • lacychef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • NooraK