• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ho Needs to Be More Careful.....

In summary, someone reported an internet violation I had made awhile back to my company. My company responded by sending me a letter accusing me of being in violation. I responded to the letter and told them I was the one who had reported it and that I was in no way connected to that site.
pcsharon1
Gold Member
So I did something I have never done and reported a very blatant internet violation awhile back. I found it quite by accident and I usually let people slide feeling that they either don't know the rules or won't be with the company that long anyway....but this site was clearly way past ignoring. So I put the link to the site in an email and sent it to the address to report these things. The next day I get an email from the home office stating that I was in violation and including that link in the email. I responded to the email and told them that I was the one who had reported it and that I was in no way connected to that site. I waited and heard nothing from them, so after a week I called them. The lady said.....oh, no, it's you I have the email reporting the violation right here and it says your name, and title and website address and has a quote and everything. She read it back to me..............

it was the signature line from my email that I had sent to them. I told her that and she said "oh, I thought it was a cut and paste of what was found on the site".

She didn't even check the link......just read my email and assumed. And sent me and my director a letter saying that I was the one in violation.

They really need to be more careful about that sort of thing. And maybe have people working that job that can tell the difference between a signature line and something els.

I think that happened to me once too... a few years ago. It's unfortunate and frustrating.

Maybe a good move would be to strip your signature block when emailing things like this to home office. Just your name and consultant #. They can reply to your email so they don't need your email address and they can look up your phone# if needed.

Wow. That sounds like something stupid I would do, but nobody is paying me. Sheesh!

I don't think they do check the links. I think it was determined when someone reported Sheila's product video this month, that they do not actually LOOK at the reported violation site, they just send the warning.That is pretty stupid on their part...."Uh. can you READ?!" :D
But a good tip for the rest of us- don't include your OWN website in your email to them.

Yeah really. Someone reported me just the other day for something I replied to on an article I read when I first started out. I didn't even come out and say I was literally a consultant. I said I was "trying my hand at PC". No link to a website, nothing. And to boot, I was a guest commentor, so I couldn't even delete the comment.

And when I deleted the couple things I was guilty of I'm frustratingly still searchable. I contacted the webmasters and was told that they will still be there for some up to 90 days?? What the? I'm concerned that the person who reported me is going to find possibly something I had forgotten or something that might crop up that I didn't know about.

I learned my lesson. Tenfold. I am so glad they are changing these rules b/c I hate watching my back.

Laura4 said:
Yeah really. Someone reported me just the other day for something I replied to on an article I read when I first started out. I didn't even come out and say I was literally a consultant. I said I was "trying my hand at PC". No link to a website, nothing. And to boot, I was a guest commentor, so I couldn't even delete the comment. And when I deleted the couple things I was guilty of I'm frustratingly still searchable. I contacted the webmasters and was told that they will still be there for some up to 90 days?? What the? I'm concerned that the person who reported me is going to find possibly something I had forgotten or something that might crop up that I didn't know about. I learned my lesson. Tenfold. I am so glad they are changing these rules b/c I hate watching my back.
Some people really need to grow up! We're adults and can usually tell the intention of someone- in a post like that, to report it- seriously?? An ad on Craigslist or some other obvious ADVERTISEMENT- with pws link, etc - definitely. Or someone's entire blog-page or something....but a comment on an article?? Petty.It is probably someone who got in trouble themselves, and were holding a grudge and took it out on you.

1. What are some common mistakes people make when cooking with sharp knives?

Some common mistakes include not using proper cutting techniques, not keeping the knife sharp, and not using a cutting board.

2. How can I improve my knife handling skills?

Practice using proper cutting techniques, keep your knives sharp, and always use a cutting board to protect your fingers and countertops.

3. Can I use any type of knife for any type of food?

No, it is important to use the right type of knife for the food you are cutting. For example, a serrated knife is best for cutting bread, while a chef's knife is better for chopping vegetables.

4. How often should I sharpen my knives?

You should sharpen your knives at least once a year, but it is recommended to sharpen them every few months if you use them frequently.

5. What should I do if I cut myself while using a knife?

If you accidentally cut yourself while using a knife, immediately apply pressure to the wound and seek medical attention if needed. Always be careful and focus when using sharp knives.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Beaglemom49779
  • Bren706
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Bren706
  • baychef