• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece?

I tell people that have a cracked stone that the Pampered Chef only requires a palm size piece to replace something. They ask how to I break it? I tell them to wrap and re-wrap the stone in plastic and paper bags. I tell them to think about something that has been bothering them or recently made them upset and to "release" the pan onto concrete or a hard ground outside. I tell them that I find it relieves some of my stress! They don't need to throw the pan, but like Amanda said it needs to be at least a few inches from the ground. I usually stay standing and just drop it from shoulder height. I don't add any force and then if the bags
heidabear
I have a customer who has some small cracks in her bar pan and they are wanting to exchange it. I emailed HO and they said they would need a piece sent to them- do I advise the customer to break it so they can ship just a piece (and save some shipping?) Or should I just have them ship the whole thing? They are in the military and don't have a lot of money.... advice?

heidabear said:
I have a customer who has some small cracks in her bar pan and they are wanting to exchange it. I emailed HO and they said they would need a piece sent to them- do I advise the customer to break it so they can ship just a piece (and save some shipping?) Or should I just have them ship the whole thing? They are in the military and don't have a lot of money.... advice?

We can't recommend they break the stone (in case they were to get injured...we wouldn't want to be liable.) But you can tell them, "however, wink, wink, PC only requires a palm-sized piece of the stone be returned to them." It's their call.

If you give her the hint to send just a piece....I put the stone I had to break in a BAG to keep chips from flying, then I dropped it in the garage floor or driveway.

Yep, first I wrapped it in a plastic grocery bag, then set that in another bag (a paper shopping bag), then went to the garage and held it a few inches above the floor and then let go. Just that short of a drop was all I needed to get my DCB to break.

Speaking of which, last night I just discovered a horrible crack line going around the outside of my DCB about 1/2 way up on the long side of it. Very odd! Anyway, I just now called HO and they will send me a replacement. It was the white DCB from a few season's ago, but they still have more white ones in stock. (Although I did tell them, I don't mind them sending me a cranberry glazed one! ;) )

I tell people that have a cracked stone that the Pampered Chef only requires a palm size piece to replace something. They ask how to I break it? I tell them to wrap and re-wrap the stone in plastic and paper bags. I tell them to think about something that has been bothering them or recently made them upset and to "release" the pan onto concrete or a hard ground outside. I tell them that I find it relieves some of my stress! They don't need to throw the pan, but like Amanda said it needs to be at least a few inches from the ground. I usually stay standing and just drop it from shoulder height. I don't add any force and then if the bags break my eyes are nowhere near any of the peices. There have been times that I have had to re-drop the item 2 or 3 times to get the correct size piece.
Then have them either wrap it up in paper or put it in a bubble wrap lined envelope and mail back. Usually costs less than $3 to mail back.

Last edited:
Tell them to have delivery confirmation on the package....typically free or just a few cents, but it gives them a way to insure that the product arrived. That has saved me a few times when PC said they didnt get something on their computer, but tracking said otherwise.

I have wrapped a stone in newspaper and hit it w/a hammer. They have accepted pieces smaller than my palm.

I've been telling my customers for years to break their stones and send a piece back. I tell them to cover it with a dish towel and smack it with a hammer so the pieces don't fly everywhere.

esavvymom said:
Tell them to have delivery confirmation on the package....typically free or just a few cents, but it gives them a way to insure that the product arrived. That has saved me a few times when PC said they didnt get something on their computer, but tracking said otherwise.

So true! This happened to me with some forged cutlery. Thank goodness I had the # and it showed it as delivered to PC.

BTW - DC is never free. It's almost a dollar if you buy it at the post office, but only 19¢ if you print a label at home. Either through USPS or www.paypal.com/shipnow.

My family loves to break a damaged piece of stoneware, on the driveway, with the meat tenderizer!! They think it's great fun!!

chezshelly said:
My family loves to break a damaged piece of stoneware, on the driveway, with the meat tenderizer!! They think it's great fun!!

Just how many stones are you breaking girl?!

What is a "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece?"

A "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece" is a type of baking pan designed specifically for making cracked bar cookies. It features a unique design with individual compartments for each cookie, allowing for even baking and easy removal.

What are the benefits of using a "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece?"

Using a "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece" offers several benefits, including:

• Even baking: The individual compartments ensure that each cookie bakes evenly without any burnt edges.
  • Easy removal: The non-stick surface of the pan makes it easy to remove the cookies without any sticking or breaking.
  • Uniform size: The pan creates perfectly sized cookies every time, making them ideal for sharing or gifting.
  • Versatility: The pan can also be used for making other types of baked goods, such as brownies or mini cakes.

How do I use a "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece?"

To use a "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece," simply follow these steps:

• Prepare your cookie dough according to your recipe.
  • Lightly spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray.
  • Press the cookie dough into each compartment, filling it about 3/4 full.
  • Bake according to your recipe's instructions.
  • Once done, remove the pan from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before removing the cookies.
  • Use a small spatula or knife to gently loosen the edges of the cookies before popping them out of the pan.

Can I use a "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece" for other types of baked goods?

Yes, a "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece" can be used for making other types of baked goods, such as brownies or mini cakes. Simply adjust the baking time and follow the same process as you would for making cookies.

How do I clean and care for my "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece"?

To clean your "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece," simply wash it with warm soapy water and a soft sponge. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils, as they can damage the non-stick surface. Allow the pan to fully dry before storing it. It is also recommended to hand wash and dry the pan, rather than putting it in the dishwasher. With proper care, your "Cracked Bar Pan- Ho Needs Just a Piece" can last for many years of delicious baking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• jcwarr
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
oliviasmommy07
  • pampchef.angel
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Jess_K
  • elizabethfox