• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Myspace Page Violating PC's Internet Rules?

In summary, someone sent an email to HO accusing myspace page of violating PC's internet rules. If HO doesn't email back by day's end, I will call this evening or first thing in the morning when hold time isn't bad.
no, but you totally made me want to do it now

Y ou have totaly have made me want to check craigslist

lacychef said:
Exactly!
Well, I know that Kimmy & Kristin didn't do it, LOL:p
Kim, glad to see you posting here more now!

It wasn't me either!
Although I was the one who pointed it out that it could be that...I didn;t really think it was!!!!

Sorry you had to go through that, Lacy. I'm not a My Space user so I really don't know what y'all are talking about, but that "friend" must have known you can't send that information and reported you. So it's someone who knows PC's rules...

I'm the type that wouldn't be able to let it go - I'd have to know who did it, and then I'd die holding a grudge - LOL (and most likely just kidding).

I'm glad that it'll all work out and you got it solved.

So sad that nothing is sacred anymore. I've never gone to My space before but that is my choice. I know we have to be careful what gets on the internet to make sure we don't violate any HO rules, about 6 months ago they found something I didn't remember posting on a site from a few years back and I had to find out how to get to it and get it deleted--what a job that was! Your specials announcement sounds so innocent and to think it was only available to "friends". I hope you find out who your so called "friend" is and get them off your list, Lacy!

wadesgirl said:
Okay, I'm bad but has anyone tried to find any of the spring products on ebay since the director packs have gone out? Total Devil's Advocate here!
I don't see any, but there are a bunch that have pics from the PC catalog/site, which is a violation of copyright.

sklay723 said:
Is Home Office going to give us clear guidelines of what is "acceptable" to say and what is not? I don't post much about PC on my MySpace, but I did invite my friends to my Open House earlier this month...does that mean I was in violation? I think they have to give us some clearer guidelines if they expect everyone to be completely in compliance for this sort of thing...

I hope they do. I mean, I see using bulletins as a way of messaging all my friends at one time. I'm not advertising to the public, just emailing my friends using myspace. Guess it's not allowed. I wonder though, if we can use evite.com could we use the events feature on myspace too? I think not allowing any advertising online allows too much grey area... I understand the rule but just know there are so many ways of doing things online and if some are okay and others aren't, it gets really confusing.

chefann said:
I don't see any, but there are a bunch that have pics from the PC catalog/site, which is a violation of copyright.

Speaking of, there is a local yard sale website here that includes the base and the town as well. I check into it every few days to see if there are any good deals (for non PC items of course!) and I repeatedly see the same person voilating policy by using PC pictures as well as adding her website in her siggy. I believe at one ime she was also the person who had a PWS link on the front page!

Would y'all contact her or just send it straight to HO? By the by...the site is free and accessible to the general public.........

I'd send it straight to HO. Create a PDF of the pages in question (download and install Primo PDF, which creates PDFs just like printing), and send those to Richard at HO. That way, there's documentation just in case she takes them down in the meantime.

chefann said:
I'd send it straight to HO. Create a PDF of the pages in question (download and install Primo PDF, which creates PDFs just like printing), and send those to Richard at HO. That way, there's documentation just in case she takes them down in the meantime.

Ann....what would this site be without you!!!!:love:

Thank you and I will................

Hey Erin - I'll e-mail you a .pdf of that specific listing to send in...I don't recognize the name of anyone here and she has a lot up.

Wow! She advertises it all!
http://www.lejeuneyardsales.com/item.jsp?itemId=4792943At least she is determined. (Time for the rest of us to get on the phone).

janetupnorth said:
Hey Erin - I'll e-mail you a .pdf of that specific listing to send in...I don't recognize the name of anyone here and she has a lot up.

Yeah she does... 11 items on her profile and only 4 are non-pc related...

Yeah, and the one invites you to a Silapda party she hosts so she gets more stuff.We all need to take their determination and use it to run our businesses the right way! :)Some of these people do kick our butts in effort!

Lacy it wasn't me that reported you... but it makes you stop and think about who your true friends are.

janetupnorth said:
Wow! She advertises it all!
http://www.lejeuneyardsales.com/item.jsp?itemId=4792943

At least she is determined.

(Time for the rest of us to get on the phone).

And she is a future director, so she should know the rules and know she is breaking them. Did you see that she is not only advertising for shows, but also a book and cook show where she will share the business opportunity and show how easy it is to be a PC consultant?? :mad:

What a way to promote to director! :grumpy:

Thanks for all my cheffer support:angel:
The lady this morning said for any violations to send them to:
[email protected]

Janet, that lady is crazy! That's what's annoying; people like that blatently advertising their biz, & don't get caught.....er, I mean didn't get caught, lol!

Hugs back to you all:chef:

lacychef said:
Thanks for all my cheffer support:angel:
The lady this morning said for any violations to send them to:
[email protected]

Janet, that lady is crazy! That's what's annoying; people like that blatently advertising their biz, & don't get caught.....er, I mean didn't get caught, lol!

Hugs back to you all:chef:

We'll let Erin deal with that one since it is in her area and directly affecting her.

...and the rest of us can get back on track for our businesses. I can't call from work, but I sent out 2 e-mails to hosts from last year this time seeing if they want to book a show for February and get 2 ITEMS at 60% off and if they are interested in the Power Cooking theme.

Also made contact with my recruit to hopefully help her...

I think you shuould put out a bulletin letting your "friends" know there will be no further PC bulletins due to you being reported to HO for something you thought was completely innocent and legal!!

That should at least make the person that reported you "think" you know who did it and squirm some!!!!:blushing:

jrstephens said:
I think you shuould put out a bulletin letting your "friends" know there will be no further PC bulletins due to you being reported to HO for something you thought was completely innocent and legal!!

That should at least make the person that reported you "think" you know who did it and squirm some!!!!:blushing:
Well I did post a bulletin saying thanks for reporting me:rolleyes: Also wanted to put a warning out to my other friends that have done the same thing. I'm anxious to see if she responds.

lacychef said:
Well I did post a bulletin saying thanks for reporting me:rolleyes: Also wanted to put a warning out to my other friends that have done the same thing. I'm anxious to see if she responds.

I am curious if you get an "I'm sorry" from the person who reported you!

Thank you so much for this post. I had to go back and check myspace page and I have been doing the same thing for my friends list. I have also been wondering about all those auctions on e-bay. WOW! I thought friendship was one of the most sacred things left. Boy was I wrong. Thanks again, I just posted a bulletin that there will be no more specials posted.

How many PC "frenz" do you have on MS? I'd think you could narrow it down if your list isn't too long?!
I never even noticed your bulletin (never pay attention to those much), but even if I did, I wouldn't have thought it was a violation since you were sending to "friends". I too think it's just like emailing news to your address book?

I have seen people do the same thing and didn't think to much of it....... I thought it was just an email to your friends who would have thought huh??

heat123 said:
How many PC "frenz" do you have on MS? I'd think you could narrow it down if your list isn't too long?!
I never even noticed your bulletin (never pay attention to those much), but even if I did, I wouldn't have thought it was a violation since you were sending to "friends". I too think it's just like emailing news to your address book?

heat123 said:

I've narrowed it down quite a bit;) I've never had so many people respond to a bulletin, LOL! Even some of my non-PC friends are replying that they didn't turn me in; as if they'd know how:chef:

YOu never know though .....

lacychef said:
I've narrowed it down quite a bit;) I've never had so many people respond to a bulletin, LOL! Even some of my non-PC friends are replying that they didn't turn me in; as if they'd know how:chef:

Ok, this is so the teacher in me coming out (and no I don't teach Language Arts), but did anyone else notice all of the grammatical errors? I mean I know I misspell things, make errors, but on something that was posted on the internet (whether legal or not) for potential consultants...I'd definitely check before posting...just one of my weird little pet peeves :)

iteachurkid said:
Ok, this is so the teacher in me coming out (and no I don't teach Language Arts), but did anyone else notice all of the grammatical errors? I mean I know I misspell things, make errors, but on something that was posted on the internet (whether legal or not) for potential consultants...I'd definitely check before posting...just one of my weird little pet peeves :)

LOL, I noticed them too - but I notice grammatical errors and misspellings on a daily basis, so much I that I just note them and move on. I would say that it is one of my peeves too, but I'm so used to it now it only bothers me when the person is in a position to know better (ie authority) or it is so ridiculous and there is a crazy amount...you have to almost decipher it from all the misspellings and grammatical errors. My old principal (from about 5 years ago) was terrible. His memo's were a joke. He would make up words, run on sentences, no punctuation, etc. We used to have a pool of how many errors we could find in his weekly memos. Well, at least the first grade teachers did (my grade). No sense in having it get back to him...kwim?

Like you said, if trying to reach potential consultants (and customers), I would definitely check before posting. I mean - you're (you are) and your (possessive)...we taught that in first grade (that is one of my peeves - along with their/there/they're and to/too/two). :p

erinyourpclady said:
Your a smart one Janet!! LOL!!!!

Y'all see what I mean...........wow, I am glad that it wasn't just me who saw it all!

You gave me enough clues Erin to find it in 30 seconds or less.

That is the joke at work, that I can google and find anything in 30 seconds or less on the internet...not always true but funny...

Lacy - PM'd you with some interesting information from today... ;)

janetupnorth said:
You gave me enough clues Erin to find it in 30 seconds or less.

That is the joke at work, that I can google and find anything in 30 seconds or less on the internet...not always true but funny...

Well.....ya know.....I didn't just want to say it....:eek: LOL!!!
I am a big fan of The Google (that is what my Mom calls it...THE Google!LOL!) as well.....

Wonder how this works with newspapers that are also available online?? we can place ads in local newspapers, but not on the internet...HMMMMM...:confused: :confused:

I received a violation e-mail once for having a profile on eventlister.com. The site was recommended on the "Booths Build Business" Audio CD from the Training materials!!!:yuck: I had included Pampered Chef in the description part of my profile to avoid duplicate booths at an event.

Several cheffers received that same e-mail. I replied to HO that there was obviously a disgruntled e-bay violator that had reported eventlister. Those of us who were trying to legitimately build our business & take the advice of the training materials were not intentionally advertising online. One had to really dig to find those profiles!

Oh well - enough negative thoughts for today- I am working on the power of positive thoughts for the New Year. Hoping that will get me to PARIS!!:chef:

I noticed someone on ebay today was pointing people to the PC website if they had any questions about the products listed. It didn't look like a regular seller, it was the only PC products they had on there but didn't know if the general PC website was a violation?

Pointing to PC.com probably wouldn't be a violation, and it's better (IMO) for someone to do that than to list erroneous information in their auction about the product. As long as they aren't using pics from the website, or linking to a PWS.

chefann said:
Pointing to PC.com probably wouldn't be a violation, and it's better (IMO) for someone to do that than to list erroneous information in their auction about the product. As long as they aren't using pics from the website, or linking to a PWS.

That's what I was thinking!

janetupnorth said:
Lacy - PM'd you with some interesting information from today... ;)

Not sure if I said it, but thanks Janet;)

Thanks to everyone else too; you all are too sweet.

quiverfull7 said:
This consultant is in my cluster. I'm fairly certain she doesn't realize this isn't allowed... would you all let me contact her before you turn her in?

I didn't at all Diane. Erin may have. Still contact her if you know her and she can still work on correcting it. HO will give her a warning and a fair shot to correct it anyway too. I know they are very fair with it.

<h2>Question 1: Why did I receive an email saying my Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules?</h2><p>Answer: As an employee of Pampered Chef, it is important to adhere to the company's internet rules to maintain a professional online presence. If your Myspace page includes any content that goes against these rules, you may receive a notification from the company.</p><h2>Question 2: What are some examples of content that may violate PC's internet rules?</h2><p>Answer: Some examples of content that may violate PC's internet rules include promoting competing products, using inappropriate language or imagery, or sharing confidential company information.</p><h2>Question 3: I don't have anything related to Pampered Chef on my Myspace page. Why did I still receive an email?</h2><p>Answer: Pampered Chef has a team that monitors online activity of its employees. Even if you do not have any explicit mention of the company on your page, if there is any content that goes against the company's internet rules, you may still receive a notification.</p><h2>Question 4: Can I have a personal Myspace page as an employee of Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Answer: Yes, you are allowed to have a personal Myspace page as long as it does not violate PC's internet rules. It is important to keep in mind that your online presence can reflect on the company, so it is best to use discretion when posting content.</p><h2>Question 5: What should I do if I receive an email stating my Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules?</h2><p>Answer: If you receive an email stating that your Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules, it is important to review your page and make any necessary changes to comply with the company's guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to your manager or HR representative for clarification.</p>

Question 1: Why did I receive an email saying my Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules?

Answer: As an employee of Pampered Chef, it is important to adhere to the company's internet rules to maintain a professional online presence. If your Myspace page includes any content that goes against these rules, you may receive a notification from the company.

Question 2: What are some examples of content that may violate PC's internet rules?

Answer: Some examples of content that may violate PC's internet rules include promoting competing products, using inappropriate language or imagery, or sharing confidential company information.

Question 3: I don't have anything related to Pampered Chef on my Myspace page. Why did I still receive an email?

Answer: Pampered Chef has a team that monitors online activity of its employees. Even if you do not have any explicit mention of the company on your page, if there is any content that goes against the company's internet rules, you may still receive a notification.

Question 4: Can I have a personal Myspace page as an employee of Pampered Chef?

Answer: Yes, you are allowed to have a personal Myspace page as long as it does not violate PC's internet rules. It is important to keep in mind that your online presence can reflect on the company, so it is best to use discretion when posting content.

Question 5: What should I do if I receive an email stating my Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules?

Answer: If you receive an email stating that your Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules, it is important to review your page and make any necessary changes to comply with the company's guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to your manager or HR representative for clarification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
MGG
  • gilchrist_pchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef