• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is My Myspace Page Violating PC's Internet Rules?

In summary, someone sent an email to HO accusing myspace page of violating PC's internet rules. If HO doesn't email back by day's end, I will call this evening or first thing in the morning when hold time isn't bad.
lacychef
Well, I just got an email saying my myspace page is violating PC's internet rules....:confused: No where do I list Pampered Chef at all....I'm a little confused on this one!
So if you all have it listed on your's; you might want to remove it! They apparently are seeing things I'm not.

Email them and ask what specifically is the problem so you can fix it.

Your on my friends list and I didn't see anything on their... You might want to call and ask becasue they often times do not write back.

I did that; hopefully they'll tell me what's wrong.

Include a link to your myspace page and ask them specifically what the problem is because you don't see it.You don't have any live links to your site, do you? When a website refers someone via live link, the destination site lists the referring site.For example, if you go to my blog by clicking on a link from here, I get a report that says chefsuccess is the referring site. Perhaps there is someone on myspace that links to your personal PC site that you don't know about?

Nope KG, no links. I dont' think any of my friends would do that either. My site is private too; which means only my friends can view the whole site...

I looked at your whole site on myspace and I didn't see anything.The only thing they could really question is independant consulant that you have listed for career. But that can be anything.....

True, I'm an independent consultant, too.Those who can't do, teach.Those who can't teach, consult.

HEHEHE that is a good one KG!!

Let us know what they say, Lacy. I don't see a thing wrong with your page at all.I *love* your choice of background, btw. Really pretty.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
True, I'm an independent consultant, too.

Those who can't do, teach.

Those who can't teach, consult.

very true KG!

And thanks Kimmy!
If HO doesn't email back by day's end, I will call this evening or first thing in the morning when hold time isn't bad.

And thanks to you all for your input so far!

Could it be someone reported you because of a bulletin?
BTW...it was not me! LOL!!!

I have had a few run in's with so called chef police on myspace, in the end I've reported them for harassing me. I've never had any problems with HO about anything except for a recruit who said I "stole her SSN# and signed her up so i could promote to FD" LOL hmmm I must of logged on to her computer in Ohio (I live in CA), used her SSN# and Credit card info and her mailing address and her email address, just to sign up a complete stranger, whom I had never met before. LOL

Be leary of those kit-nappers. They will say anything to get out of admitting that they had no interest in doing the biz and just wanted over $500 in products for $90 (that was the old price of a kit)

Who actually sent you the message? HO, Myspace, or someone totally out there? The last one you can ignore anything you receive from them. Thats just spam.

I am on myspace but don't have you listed as a friend so I can't view your site.

erinyourpclady said:
Could it be someone reported you because of a bulletin?
BTW...it was not me! LOL!!!
Yes, but why would this be a violation? I've posted sales & such before in a bulletin, but only my "friends" can view those. I wouldn't think that's against the rules. (especially since I've seen most other PC friends do it too!)

Mwalker said:
Who actually sent you the message? HO, Myspace, or someone totally out there? The last one you can ignore anything you receive from them. Thats just spam.
HO sent me the message.

KimmyDarling said:
Visit my online boutique with some cute stuff for Cheffers (and non-cheffers!), if you wanna take a look!
Are you on MySpace? If so, add me!

Kimmy - I added you as a friend on myspace. Just so you know when you get the request.

If you're set to private how did they even look at it to think there was a violation on it? Doesn't make much sense, does it?

RebelChef said:
If you're set to private how did they even look at it to think there was a violation on it? Doesn't make much sense, does it?
I know~that's the weirdest (if that's a word, lol) thing!

RebelChef said:

I was wondering that too? Altho Im a myspace idiot so I wasnt going to ask that question. LOL

Someone on your friends list had to have forwarded a bulletin to them. :/

lacychef said:
Yes, but why would this be a violation? I've posted sales & such before in a bulletin, but only my "friends" can view those. I wouldn't think that's against the rules. (especially since I've seen most other PC friends do it too!)
I don't think it would count anyway but I wasn't sure :confused:
Honestly...it has to be a mistake because I can't see what else it would be.....

ok, dumb question here.

How is putting a mass bulletin out to your friends list any different than sending a mass email to your friends email boxes? Each type of communication is private. Just amongst a select group of people. A group that YOU select.

Mwalker said:
ok, dumb question here.

How is putting a mass bulletin out to your friends list any different than sending a mass email to your friends email boxes? Each type of communication is private. Just amongst a select group of people. A group that YOU select.
That's a good question?!? I hope you find out soon Lacy!

Mwalker said:
ok, dumb question here.

Maybe because the type of site it is on? Just guessing there...

Lacy, I did a friend request in case you want another set of eyes to check. I have an account but not a page made. Basically just to help others check if need be.

Also, there is a chance PC has a different type of account. I know law enforcement officials have access to see anything on myspace. We know because they reported one of our Junior Firefighters to us with a questionable page.

This is very perplexing, especially if your profile is set to Private. And since bulletins are only seen by your friends.I just don't get it!

KimmyDarling said:
This is very perplexing, especially if your profile is set to Private. And since bulletins are only seen by your friends.

I just don't get it!

I'm wondering if they got her name or consultant # mixed up with someone they were going to talk to?

Lacy - could it be possible that someone filed a false complaint with HO about you? And maybe HO didn't do any sort of verification before they contacted you? I would definately talk with a supervisor if I were you.

Just wondering if you heard anything from HO yet?

yummybytes said:
Someone on your friends list had to have forwarded a bulletin to them. :/

Well, that's exactly what happened! I just got off the phone with career solutions & she said someone had reported me posting the monthly specials. I explained to her that I didn't realize that was against the rules. Since my site is private, only my friends can see my bulletins; so I understood it to be just like an email. (I posted the stoneware sale a couple weeks ago) Well apparently that thinking is wrong.
So, thanks to my friend, we have that cleared up. Everyone else that's been doing it; now we know it's wrong!

lacychef said:
Well, that's exactly what happened! I just got off the phone with career solutions & she said someone had reported me posting the monthly specials. I explained to her that I didn't realize that was against the rules. Since my site is private, only my friends can see my bulletins; so I understood it to be just like an email. (I posted the stoneware sale a couple weeks ago) Well apparently that thinking is wrong.
So, thanks to my friend, we have that cleared up. Everyone else that's been doing it; now we know it's wrong!

Did they tip you off to which "friend" so you know?

At least you know your site was clear and you weren't missing anything and you are in compliance there. Everyone above who checked couldn't find anything so that had to be right.

It would have been nice of HO to be clearer to you in the e-mail of WHAT was in violation so you truly knew to fix it without all the hassle of calling and guessing.

Yeah, I'm glad to have it figured out. And, no, they wouldn't tell me who. It would have been nice of them to email me first. I guess I have seen others do the same thing, so I didn't think anything of it. To me, the bulletins are just like emails; only seen by my "friends".
That's okay; I got bigger worries than this;)

I am glad you figured it all out. I hope you took that "FRIEND" off your list.

I'd be curious who did it and why they couldn't be an adult and ask you to not send them stuff!

And with a bulletin - they can choose not to read it! It's not forced upon them or anything!

Good grief-- doesn't sound like a "friend" at all. [shrug] At least you know now, and we can all learn from it.

KimmyDarling said:
[shrug] At least you know now, and we can all learn from it.

Exactly!
Well, I know that Kimmy & Kristin didn't do it, LOL:p
Kim, glad to see you posting here more now!

Lacy - hey thanks for adding me today. I too, could not find anything on your profile, it all looks good.Glad you found out it was a bulletin, and too bad the friend couldn't have talked to you first since you have a private profile. Oh well, you have bigger fish to fry (in a nice Grill Pan) and a trip to earn. Go kick butt and earn a trip this year. I'm sure this won't hurt your business in any way!!!!

A 'real' friend would have just asked if you were aware it was a violation and given you a heads up about it.

Thanks Janet~you're the best!
It's okay; I do know who my "real friends" are.....even the ones I haven't met in person--yet!:chef:

Well I am glad that you got it figured out... that doesn't sound like a real friend to me.....

lacychef said:
Thanks Janet~you're the best!
It's okay; I do know who my "real friends" are.....even the ones I haven't met in person--yet!:chef:
I would be surprised if it was anyone here on CS that did that to you - we are all good at calling each other on stuff like that - why, we ever warn EBay sellers we don't even know!

It does make me think, though. I'm a member of that Cheffer's "group" over there, but I don't know that I can say I *know* everybody in it, you know?

BethCooks4U said:
I would be surprised if it was anyone here on Chef Success that did that to you - we are all good at calling each other on stuff like that - why, we ever warn EBay sellers we don't even know!

I was just thinking about that and laughing-- we're all "oh, no, surely she doesn't realize what she's doing! I'll just sent her a little note." For all we know, they TOTALLY know, and are just doing it until they get caught, then they'll start all over with another name and just DO IT AGAIN!

That stinks. I admit that it sometimes annoys me when I get bombarded with "friends" who are advertising their businesses, but I just ignore it. If it was that bad, I'd just send them a personal message or "unfriend" them? Is that even a word? "defriend" ... "unadd" whatever :p

~hugs~ Hang in there Lacy and thanks for the update so everyone can be on the same page!

KimmyDarling said:
I was just thinking about that and laughing-- we're all "oh, no, surely she doesn't realize what she's doing! I'll just sent her a little note." For all we know, they TOTALLY know, and are just doing it until they get caught, then they'll start all over with another name and just DO IT AGAIN!

ROFLOL! Yes, most of those E-bay sellers are scheming and here we are honest and innocent...and probably a little gullible!

I wouldn't warn an E-bay seller, but I would definitely warn a cheffer!

RebelChef said:
A 'real' friend would have just asked if you were aware it was a violation and given you a heads up about it.
Exactly my thoughts!

Is Home Office going to give us clear guidelines of what is "acceptable" to say and what is not? I don't post much about PC on my MySpace, but I did invite my friends to my Open House earlier this month...does that mean I was in violation? I think they have to give us some clearer guidelines if they expect everyone to be completely in compliance for this sort of thing...

Hey, Lacy, it wasn't me, either. :) I thought, as you did, that bulletins would be the same as an email. Since most of my myspace friends are either friends of my son or fellow cheffers, I've never used the bulletins for anything PC-related.I can't believe someone turned you in without talking with you first. People confuse me sometimes.

Okay, I'm bad but has anyone tried to find any of the spring products on ebay since the director packs have gone out? Total Devil's Advocate here!

<h2>Question 1: Why did I receive an email saying my Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules?</h2><p>Answer: As an employee of Pampered Chef, it is important to adhere to the company's internet rules to maintain a professional online presence. If your Myspace page includes any content that goes against these rules, you may receive a notification from the company.</p><h2>Question 2: What are some examples of content that may violate PC's internet rules?</h2><p>Answer: Some examples of content that may violate PC's internet rules include promoting competing products, using inappropriate language or imagery, or sharing confidential company information.</p><h2>Question 3: I don't have anything related to Pampered Chef on my Myspace page. Why did I still receive an email?</h2><p>Answer: Pampered Chef has a team that monitors online activity of its employees. Even if you do not have any explicit mention of the company on your page, if there is any content that goes against the company's internet rules, you may still receive a notification.</p><h2>Question 4: Can I have a personal Myspace page as an employee of Pampered Chef?</h2><p>Answer: Yes, you are allowed to have a personal Myspace page as long as it does not violate PC's internet rules. It is important to keep in mind that your online presence can reflect on the company, so it is best to use discretion when posting content.</p><h2>Question 5: What should I do if I receive an email stating my Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules?</h2><p>Answer: If you receive an email stating that your Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules, it is important to review your page and make any necessary changes to comply with the company's guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to your manager or HR representative for clarification.</p>

Question 1: Why did I receive an email saying my Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules?

Answer: As an employee of Pampered Chef, it is important to adhere to the company's internet rules to maintain a professional online presence. If your Myspace page includes any content that goes against these rules, you may receive a notification from the company.

Question 2: What are some examples of content that may violate PC's internet rules?

Answer: Some examples of content that may violate PC's internet rules include promoting competing products, using inappropriate language or imagery, or sharing confidential company information.

Question 3: I don't have anything related to Pampered Chef on my Myspace page. Why did I still receive an email?

Answer: Pampered Chef has a team that monitors online activity of its employees. Even if you do not have any explicit mention of the company on your page, if there is any content that goes against the company's internet rules, you may still receive a notification.

Question 4: Can I have a personal Myspace page as an employee of Pampered Chef?

Answer: Yes, you are allowed to have a personal Myspace page as long as it does not violate PC's internet rules. It is important to keep in mind that your online presence can reflect on the company, so it is best to use discretion when posting content.

Question 5: What should I do if I receive an email stating my Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules?

Answer: If you receive an email stating that your Myspace page is violating PC's internet rules, it is important to review your page and make any necessary changes to comply with the company's guidelines. If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach out to your manager or HR representative for clarification.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
MGG
  • gilchrist_pchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef