• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

E-Mailing Ho About the New Website Stuff?

Internet.3) If you're not interested in using the website or mobile app, you can always print orders and take them to the show with you. Just be sure to have the latest version of PamperedPartner(r) Plus installed on your computer and a printer that can print to PDF.Thank you for your question. In summary, the
babywings76
Gold Member
Has anyone e-mailed HO with their questions about the new tech stuff coming? I e-mailed them some things I was wondering about (as we discussed in the thread about the new announcement), and it said that I'd hear back in a few days. I still haven't heard back from them and it's been since Feb. 6th. Anyone else write them and get a response? Just in case you're wondering, e-mails get addressed to: [email protected]

I also emailed them - last Monday and got the same response that I would be hearing back in a few days. It is now a week. They were so adament about the FAQ's and how we should feel free to email them etc.....I think at this point we need a little more reassurance than a standard - thanks and we will get back to you. Follow up is so very important.:confused:

I agree... I feel a little left in the dark... I honed my taking orders on paper skills at my 3 shows this weekend... didn't want to continue relying on p3 and thought I should get used to doing things the new old way in case I don't like the app.

I understood that we were to e-mail them and use the FAQ but thought it was supposed to be after the training came out. Most of our questions will be answered in the training and with actual use of the program I'm sure. I imagine that they are working to get everything out to everyone as quickly as they can but if every consultant starts emailing them questions that have to be answered that is going to take a lot of their time away from getting the program up and running. I prefer to sit back and wait rather than worry about something that hasn't happened yet and is supposed to be a great thing for us.

We were told in Toledo Spring Launch that we could immediately start asking questions and that the turn around for answers would be 3 days. I'm still waiting on answers to 3 questions from the 6th.

Karen

Thank you Karen - as I was at Toledo Spring Launch and heard that also - which is why I did email them

I would imagine they are swamped with questions from the THOUSANDS of consulutants with questions. Since the training is not out, and FAQs arent complete, then there would be alot of questions fired at them.

I had emailed some questions to Tech Support on the 5th, but I used the tech support email address because I hadn't seen the other one. I got a response back on the 10th which was basically copied and pasted from the FAQs.

Hello,

I've read the February Consultant News, and would like clarification on a question I have: If I do not have an iProduct or an Android phone, will I be able to utilize the website system without an internet connection in an offline status? Will I be able to take my laptop to shows and enter guests' orders into the system without an internet connection?

Dear Noora,

Thank you for writing to us about the new Website and tools.

Here's some basic information from the FAQs on Consultant's Corner. Be sure to read them all for more helpful details.

What does it mean that everything is online?
Having online tools means that you can do business from any computer with Internet access, instead of needing to install a program like PamperedPartner(r) Plus onto your computer. Online also means you won't need to download PamperedPartner(r) Plus updates, because all the information you need updates automatically on the website. This seems to be HO selling me on the good parts of the system, which I'm already sold on.

With a Web-based ordering system, you do need to be connected to the Internet. Here are some options to consider.

1) If you're interested in having a mobile option, but don't want to invest in a smartphone, consider the iPodTouch With an iPod Touch, you don't have to be connected to the Internet to enter orders at the Show. You'll be able to enter orders, calculate guest and host totals, and enter payment information even if you're offline. When you're back home (or anywhere your iPod Touch connects to a WiFi network) and online, the system will check to make sure everything was entered correctly, including the Guest and Host Specials. One of the training courses coming will show you how simple it is to do this all on the mobile app. If I don't want to spend $100 to get a new iPhone (I'm out of contract and eligble for an upgrade), I don't want to spend $200 on an iPod touch. I also don't want to spend money just so I can use the app.

Here's some more information about iPod Touch from the FAQs:
Why would I choose an iPod(r) Touch instead of a smartphone or
iPad(r)?
The iPod(r) Touch(r) can be a more economical choice. I'm sorry, I don't consider $200 "economical". "More econimical than" an iPad yes, but not economical Because it isn't a phone, you don't need to pay for a monthly phone / data plan, which is required with an iPhone(r). The iPod(r) Touch(r) connects to the Internet through Wi-Fi networks.

Smartphones like the iPhone(r) or an Android(tm) phone can connect to the Internet through the phone's cellular connection (3G or 4G), which means you're connected in more places. Smartphones can also connect to the Internet through a Wi-Fi network. You can purchase the iPad(r) with a Wi-Fi connection only, or with a 3G connection as well.

2) If you take your laptop to the Show, you may be able to connect to the host's WiFi connection. Some homes have a password for their WiFi network. The password simply allows you to have an Internet connection at that location (similar to having free internet access at a hotel, but you have to enter a password to access it). Some Consultants plan to ask about this during host coaching. Sheila, I think they've been reading your posts!Watch for an update to the FAQs with more tips!

I hope this is helpful to know.

Best wishes for a great spring season!
The Pampered Chef
New Web

I bet bobbi is right. When we all switched to P3 they told us too to contact them and that it should only be a few days for a response. It took upwards of a week and a half. They never imagined they were opening a Pandora's box when they told us to ask questions. Hold tight, it is a gonna a bumpy ride! I only had one question and still have not gone to the FAQs to get the answer so.. There will be some they can not answer but I know who will be able to help me!!! Those answers will come from CS!!

No Kidding John - This site is my most favorite and most reliable source for all things PC. :blushing:

I think why they say the iPod touch is an option, is for those who don't want to have a monthly fee-type of product. I have a bare-bones cell phone, so I can't get an iPhone because I don't want to have the data plan to pay for. I got an iPod Touch a couple years ago for Christmas, so I plan to use that. But I understand what you mean about not wanting to spend any $$ to use this new system.Wish they could let P3 still work and somehow synch to the new website, so those who want an offline computer program could still use P3.

babywings76 said:
Wish they could let P3 still work and somehow synch to the new website, so those who want an offline computer program could still use P3.

That's my biggest wish.

Well, as more and more consultants react and address their specific questions, situations, etc, There is always a possibility that PC makes adjustments to the system somehow. We have seen it before.

But in the meantime, figure out what you may need to do to save for one of the tools? An ipad starts at $499, and you may see some on sale if a new version comes out (or people selling their old ones). ITouch is a little cheaper, but obviously smaller, and sometimes different features. would adding 1 or 2 shows a month just for the purpose of saving for the gadget be something you could do?? Use your business to pay for it, and then it is also a potential tax write off.

I think I heard that P3 will be around for awhile as they move through the transition.

pcsharon1 said:
I understood that we were to e-mail them and use the FAQ but thought it was supposed to be after the training came out. Most of our questions will be answered in the training and with actual use of the program I'm sure. I imagine that they are working to get everything out to everyone as quickly as they can but if every consultant starts emailing them questions that have to be answered that is going to take a lot of their time away from getting the program up and running. I prefer to sit back and wait rather than worry about something that hasn't happened yet and is supposed to be a great thing for us.

I was thinking I'd hold off and wait and give them a chance to finish getting things out and just wait and see, but they really did tell us to send them our questions. I read all the FAQ posted on CC but still had some questions, so I sent them in. I think they had mentioned that our questions will help them as they get this rolled out.

well...Noora...i think our questions have been answered....NO we will not be able to access the new stuff offline.....NO we will not be able to use our laptops at shows UNLESS we ask to use the Hosts internet.....NO we won't be able to use anything other than the IPod etc.....when out in the field....
I am in the same boat as many others and can not afford anything new.....my business is on a very slow crawl because of major surgery last year and 2 more this year....sooo I am praying like many others that they will figure out a way to sync up P3 with the new programs and website....

Since the new web will run on an Android smartphone, I'm thinking it will also run on an Android tablet or devise? I have a Kindle Fire that I can download apps to it. I'm wondering if I will be able to use that. That would be nice! Smaller than my laptop but a bigger screen than my phone.

In the above response from Tech Support, they mention about using the ipod touch to enter orders. You might still be able to use your laptop without the host's internet access to enter orders, but can't submit until you're connected. I've had to jump on a host network before and it was never a problem. I was at another DS party and the consultant wanted to get on the network, but the host didn't know the password! So that could become an issue!

And don't forget that if you get a smartphone with the data plan because its necessary for your business (along with the inital purchase of a smartphone or tablet), it can be a tax writeoff! I know it really stinks to front the money, but trying to put a positive spin on it!

pctharper said:
In the above response from Tech Support, they mention about using the ipod touch to enter orders. You might still be able to use your laptop without the host's internet access to enter orders, but can't submit until you're connected. I've had to jump on a host network before and it was never a problem. I was at another DS party and the consultant wanted to get on the network, but the host didn't know the password! So that could become an issue!

No, they specifically answered that without the app, you cannot use the system without online access, even to just enter orders. Sheila's idea to include questions in host coaching about the wireless network and having the password available is a good idea.

NooraK said:
No, they specifically answered that without the app, you cannot use the system without online access, even to just enter orders. Sheila's idea to include questions in host coaching about the wireless network and having the password available is a good idea.

Confused! What would be the difference between using my notebook laptop and an iPod? I *never* send a show from the host's home, and I don't see why I would need to do that. I really am not interested in adding an extra $30/month to my already too high Verison bill for an iPhone or iPad. Ohhhhhh . . . I wish they were more ready for us before they launched this!!

Sandi

sandilou said:
Confused! What would be the difference between using my notebook laptop and an iPod? I *never* send a show from the host's home, and I don't see why I would need to do that. I really am not interested in adding an extra $30/month to my already too high Verison bill for an iPhone or iPad. Ohhhhhh . . . I wish they were more ready for us before they launched this!!

Sandi

The ipod would be using an app that is downloaded. You need the i-something to download the app - (or something using the Android system).

Sprint has much better prices for plans, IMO. Especially with the PC discount.

Even if you do use the host's computer or internet, you would not be submitting the show right then anyway.....just entering orders.

NOT excited about using the host's computer! Lots of people don't want somebody else messing with their computer -- me included! I would not like someone doing a party for me and then wanting to use my computer to enter orders. And some people's computers are off in another area of the house.

NOT excited about having to buy another device -- at the moment anyway. Just bought my notebook last year. It might be back to order forms and calculator for me. I guess I'll wait for more info . . .

Sandi

sandilou said:
NOT excited about using the host's computer! Lots of people don't want somebody else messing with their computer -- me included! I would not like someone doing a party for me and then wanting to use my computer to enter orders. And some people's computers are off in another area of the house.

NOT excited about having to buy another device -- at the moment anyway. Just bought my notebook last year. It might be back to order forms and calculator for me. I guess I'll wait for more info . . .

Sandi

Same here. And as far as asking for a password...I would never ask someone for that!! Especially someone I don't know that well. In today's day and age, it's almost on the order of asking for a bank account number. (just my opinion).
My DH would have a cow if someone did that to us. It's secure for a reason....and yes, I know you have the host type in the password, but unless you know how to set your computer settings to NOT remember a network, the computer may remember that network. Either way, given what I know about cyber-security (DH's work), it's not something I would ever ask my hosts to give up, nor would I let a consultant do it at my house.

i know many don't agree with me on that. Fortunately, it's not something I'll be forced to decide how to handle, since I have my toy. :D

esavvymom said:
Same here. And as far as asking for a password...I would never ask someone for that!! Especially someone I don't know that well. In today's day and age, it's almost on the order of asking for a bank account number. (just my opinion).
My DH would have a cow if someone did that to us. It's secure for a reason....and yes, I know you have the host type in the password, but unless you know how to set your computer settings to NOT remember a network, the computer may remember that network. Either way, given what I know about cyber-security (DH's work), it's not something I would ever ask my hosts to give up, nor would I let a consultant do it at my house.i know many don't agree with me on that. Fortunately, it's not something I'll be forced to decide how to handle, since I have my toy. :D
Totally agree with this. I would think most would. I'm not going to be giving my system password to someone coming into my house like that, and I wouldn't DREAM of asking a host to do that for me. Every time I read that little blip on the new website info page on CC about using the host's computer, I shudder a bit, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out HOW PC ever thought that would be a good idea.

I heard back from them today!

So here's what I wrote them:
Hi!

I'm really excited about the new website and the app, but I do have a few questions...

Will we be able to track our expenses and run reports with the new website?

Another question I have is will we be able to use the websites on mobile devices? Because right now certain things on them don't work because they require Flash Player (Apple devices don't support Flash Player). I just would like to be able to access everything on it so that when I get an iPad, I can use it for everything and not have to switch to a computer.

One concern I have with everything being on the website is that of the server crashing. I have a friend who is a consultant for another DS company (31) and they have had issues with people trying to access the website on the last days of the month. Due to so many consultants entering orders in at the same time, the website would get overloaded. I know it's not ideal to have consultants wait till the end of the month to submit, but the reality is that many do. With P3, we could at least work on things and then it was just submitting that we had to deal with, but with the whole website being how we enter things, I worry about not even being able to access the site at times of high traffic.

Another question I have is will we be able to move orders to a different show if one show falls through? Sometimes I'll start a show in one person's name as a catalog show, but then things change and the host doesn't collect enough orders and we end up putting the orders onto another show, or re-name the host to be one of the guests (who then adds an order or more to get the show to count). Will we be able to that still?

Thank you so much for all you are doing! This is really exciting! :)

Here's their response:

Thanks for writing to us about the new website and tools. Thanks also for your patience – we apologize for taking so long to respond.

To answer your questions:
1) Yes. there will be a place on Consultant’s Corner for Income & Expenses, and our beta testers liked it a lot!

2) While you can access the website on a mobile device, you’re right that certain things may not work, especially things that require Flash player. It sounds as though you’re very aware of this issues that is throughout the online world, since Apple’s decision not to support Flash. We will continue working on the best way to resolve that, which is what many companies are sorting through as well.

3) You also expressed concern about the server capacity. As part of the research into what would be needed for the new Web-based platform, the technical team explored all the options. You may have heard Marla say on the Spring Launch video that the company has invested millions of dollars, and part of that was in making sure the infrastructure is in place to support lots and lots and LOTS of orders! The team who is working on this has a great deal of experience in this type of effort, and their diligence has been impressive to see. Now I’m guessing that you’ll only feel really good about this after the new system is launched and you experience a great end-of-month experience, but I wanted you to know that this is a high priority for the Home Office.

4) For your last question, I want to be sure I’m understanding how you are handling that situation today so that we answer you accurately. Is this something you do in your PWS or in P3? If you could clarify that a bit more, it would be helpful. Thank you!

Best wishes for a great spring season!

So, any idea what I should write them back to help explain better the whole deal about switching orders from one show to another, or changing the name of a host if a show flops but another guest takes over?

I would just say it's something you do in P3. I'm sure they can figure it out from there.

How does this sound? Thank you so much for getting back to me and answering some of my questions. As for my other question, changing the name of the host was done in P3. One example could be where I was doing a catalog show and then decided to give someone else the host rewards, so I switch and put the show in their name. P3 let me go into the name fields and enter in someone else and it would keep all the orders in tact, just change the host's name. Another scenario was that we could import a credit card order from my PWS from one show and if it didn't work out and needed to go as an individual order or switch to a different show, I could access the CC info from my PWS and then move it to where it needed to go. I'm just wondering if the new system can allow us to do things like that. Otherwise, it means that I'll still need to write down everyone's CC info just for the rare occasion that I need to move things. It also means it's more work having to re-enter in all the orders manually.

babywings76 said:
How does this sound? Thank you so much for getting back to me and answering some of my questions. As for my other question, changing the name of the host was done in P3. One example could be where I was doing a catalog show and then decided to give someone else the host rewards, so I switch and put the show in their name. P3 let me go into the name fields and enter in someone else and it would keep all the orders in tact, just change the host's name. Another scenario was that we could import a credit card order from my PWS from one show and if it didn't work out and needed to go as an individual order or switch to a different show, I could access the CC info from my PWS and then move it to where it needed to go. I'm just wondering if the new system can allow us to do things like that. Otherwise, it means that I'll still need to write down everyone's CC info just for the rare occasion that I need to move things. It also means it's more work having to re-enter in all the orders manually.
Looks good to me!I also got a reply to my questions. They said they will be revising the q&a's to address a lot of our questions. They also said we will NOT be able to access from our Laptops/PCs without a web access like we can now.

1. What is the new website stuff at Pampered Chef?

The new website stuff at Pampered Chef includes updated product listings, improved search functionality, and a more user-friendly interface for browsing and purchasing products.

2. How can I access the new website features?

You can access the new website features by visiting the Pampered Chef website and clicking on the "Shop" tab. The new features will be automatically available for you to use.

3. Will I need to create a new account to use the new website?

If you already have an existing Pampered Chef account, you will not need to create a new one to use the new website. You can use your existing login information to access the new features.

4. Can I still use the old website if I prefer it?

Yes, the old website will still be available for use. However, we highly recommend trying out the new website as it offers an improved shopping experience and more features.

5. Are there any tutorials or guides available to help me navigate the new website?

Yes, there are tutorials and guides available on the Pampered Chef website to help you navigate and use the new features. You can also contact our customer support team for further assistance.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
DebPC
Replies
Views
Symara
  • whiteyteresa
  • General Chat
Replies