• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift of 20 White Potatoes: Any Ideas?

In summary, there are many tasty ways to use 20 white potatoes, such as mashed, roasted, or in soups and salads. While there are no specific recipes for 20 potatoes, any recipe can be adjusted. Potatoes can also be frozen after cooking for up to 3 months. They should be stored in a cool, dark place and can last for 1-2 weeks. Watch for signs of spoilage and use those potatoes first.
amya
OK. My FIL gave us 20 cans of white potatoes - not the home-canned type, but the type you buy at Wal Mart. (Believe it or not, this not the strangest Christmas gift I've ever received from him:) )

I have no idea how to use these. Any suggestions?

Okay, no comments about odd Christmas gifts. (My MIL ASKED for 20 corn logs for feeding squirrels.)

My DH loves the little canned white potatoes. All I do is brown them up in a little butter. The aren't the most nutritious thing on his plate, but they make him happy.

I like mixing mine in with my string beans.

Also, you could use them to make chowder with. I have a Crawfish Chowder recipe that is good if you like crawfish.

When I'm really busy, I add them to my roast just a few minutes before it would come out of the oven (long enough to heat them) instead of peeling and cutting raw potatoes.

I do the same as Rae~ slice them and fry them in some butter. You could saute some onions/garlic first and then add the potatoes in for different flavor. Use them as a side for whatever your dinner is, or if you are needing a really quick dinner, serve them with scrambled eggs and toast! My 12 year old thinks it's great when we "have breakfast for dinner!"

Add them to beans and ham...add them to chicken corn chowder...

Jennifer's idea to put them in with beans is a really good one!

BTW, do NOT try to mash them. Seriously! My brother did this and it was YUCKY!!!! They just do not have the right consistancy! :(

Melt Velveeta with a tad bit of milk & pour over them
Teresa

1. What are some creative ways to use the Gift of 20 White Potatoes?

There are so many delicious ways to use these potatoes! You can make mashed potatoes, roasted potatoes, potato soup, potato salad, or even use them in a breakfast hash. The possibilities are endless!

2. Are there any specific recipes that use exactly 20 white potatoes?

While we don't have any specific recipes that call for exactly 20 potatoes, you can easily adjust any recipe to fit your needs. For example, if a recipe calls for 10 potatoes, you can simply double the ingredients to use all 20.

3. Can I freeze the potatoes if I can't use them all at once?

Yes, you can freeze potatoes! Just make sure to cook them first and then let them cool completely before placing them in an airtight container or freezer bag. They should last for up to 3 months in the freezer.

4. What's the best way to store the potatoes?

The best way to store potatoes is in a cool, dark place. Avoid storing them in the refrigerator, as the cold temperature can actually cause them to spoil faster. You can also store them in a paper bag or a breathable container to help prevent excess moisture.

5. How long will the potatoes last?

If stored properly, the potatoes should last for 1-2 weeks. Make sure to check them occasionally for any signs of spoilage, such as sprouting or soft spots. If you notice any, use those potatoes first before they go bad.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ShelbyMichalek
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ShelbyMichalek
  • itsjustCarla
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
BettieC
  • amy07