• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Gift Ideas for Son's Teachers: Unique & Inexpensive Options!

I'm leaning towards the Trivets. Easy to wrap and not to heavy for DS to take to school. I wanted something cute and unique, but I do love the trivets. I like the Dots Cup idea too (afraid DS might drop one though), so I guess I'll just have to think a little more.....Those are great ideas!
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Thought this would be a good thread to start with the upcoming holidays (plus I have a host with a 30% discount and I want to order a few items!)

I'm trying to start my Christnas shopping early and am trying to think of Christmas Gift ideas for my son's teachers. Any thoughts? Cute ideas of inexpensive items to combine? Cute tags or add-ins?

Right now these are the only things I can come-up with:

RUFTH Trivet
Coffe & More Cup with Hot Coco, Tea, or Coffee included
Cookbook: 29 Minutes to Dinner

I thought of a PC gift certificate (to be used with only with me), but thought that might seem a little self-serving. What else can you all think of that would be a good idea. I hate to waste money on a 'trinket' and would like to think of some ideas that these ladies mighy actually appreciate.

Last edited:
How about one of the small batter bowls with the ingredients. I think that's a perfect gift for teachers. Not to personal, but useful:)

Slice $ Serve ---thanks For Serving My ______
Batter Bowl Brownie Mix----you Really Measure Up
Dipper Thanks For Teaching Me The Scoop

daniellemorgan said:
How about one of the small batter bowls with the ingredients. I think that's a perfect gift for teachers. Not to personal, but useful:)
Those are really pretty but...... I made one two years ago to take to my Nov/Dec shows and after having it for @ 6 weeks I decided to make the cookies (it was the white choc cranberry ones).....well, the brown sugar was so hard I thought it would break my mixer. These are really pretty when layerd, but if they sit around for too long I'm afraid that the ingredients might get tossed out. It's pretty humid here too, so that might contribute to the hardness.

We just altered some tool turnabouts with some CUTIE paper... I know I have one sitting on my desk for all my pens, pencils, scissors, stapler and more!

Have you ever done the chili one? I can't imagine that going bad... OR, maybe an apple theme, since you're supposed to bring teachers apples.
apple corer and slicer...That's for the fyi on the cookies, I was planning on making some, so I guess I'll wait till last minute:)

I haven't tried the Chili one, the recipe sounds good though.

The cookies are really good when you make them fresh.

I'm leaning toward the Trivets. Easy to wrap and not to heavy for DS to take to school. I wanted something cute and unique, but I do love the trivets. I like the Dots Cup idea too (afraid DS might drop one though), so I guess I'll just have to think a little more.....

As a teacher, I'd love the trivet. I have so many mugs from students over the years. I have a Christmas tree in my classroom. I'd like the wooden spoons with a stick of cinnamon. My daughter has a male teacher. I still think the trivet would be a good idea, and I'm donating $2 to a good cause. I'm going to think of a cute saying to go into it.

I did the RUFTH trivet last year and the teachers loved it. I like that idea because it gives back to the food bank too. One year I did 2 small bowls and the caddy and those teachers loved that. My DD has the same teacher that DS had when I did the caddy and bowl so I will probably do the trivets this year.

I was thinking about giving one of the whisks with hershey kisses in them

So far the Trivets are winning.....any more great ideas?

These are great ideas!

But what do you give your childs teacher when she is a PC consultant. She signed up over the summer with someone else, she didn't know I was one.

Kelly V.

I've given the Small Bowl Caddy & Small Bowls with either coffee/tea and biscotti in them to teachers (or other variations - fresh baked cookies, jelly beans, whatever they love the most). And, since the caddy and bowls will be on sale in Nov., I'll be promoting this great gift idea then - it's only $22.75 + tax/s&h!

KellyRedHead said:
These are great ideas!

But what do you give your childs teacher when she is a PC consultant. She signed up over the summer with someone else, she didn't know I was one.

Kelly V.

Uh oh!

Find another direct sales co. that she loves (Tastefully Simple, SLAH, etc.) and ask to do a trade, maybe??

I'm sure these probably came from here, but they have really cute ideas even if I didn't think of them :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• 41TeacherGiftIdeaswithSayings.doc
    27.5 KB · Views: 607
  • TeacherAppreciationGiftIdeas.doc
    46.5 KB · Views: 566
I really love a basket of goodies that will just be really helpful for any teacher.
Like the twixit clips, I-slice, micro cookers (microwave foods at school during lunch), bamboo spoons (they are so pretty), and an SB.

Or you could do the Simple Additions mug with some tea, hot chocolate, mini whipper and SB wrapped in cellophane with ribbon.

Those mugs are too cool. I love them and you could also add some soup or soup recipe come to think of it, they are huge and perfect for winter weather.

Debbie :D

Here is what I did last year for my sons teacher. She loved it!

Attachments

• Mrs Doan gift 06.doc
    1.1 MB · Views: 589
krzymomof4 said:
Here is what I did last year for my sons teacher. She loved it!

That is a very cute idea! I bet the teacher loved it.

As a teacher, i think a TTA with a couple of essential tools (with those cute sayings, of course) would make a GREAT GIFT! Maybe a scoop for cookies, a citrus peeler for her lunch, small spatula. Or...this just came to me!!! Get a lunch bag personalized and put in an apple slicer, citrus peeler, and paring knife. These are GREAT lunchbox tools!!! :0)

KellyRedHead said:
These are great ideas!

Kelly V.

I would ask if she knows about this site and maybe a gift membership? Very useful to have.

HTH

pchefkristin said:
We just altered some tool turnabouts with some CUTIE paper... I know I have one sitting on my desk for all my pens, pencils, scissors, stapler and more!

Pictures, please? :)

defaultValue\0rtk\0\0\0\0\0r?*???her, I'd love the trivet. I have so many mugs from students over the years. I have a Christmas tree in my classroom. I'd like the wooden spoons with a stick of cinnamon. My daughter has a male teacher. I still think the trivet would be a good idea, and I'm donating $2 to a good cause. I'm going to think of a cute saying to go into it.[/QUOTE]

Another teacher chiming in here NO MUGS! After 19 years of teaching I have enough mugs and candles to open my own boutique!!!

Last year I gave my DS's teacher's the batter bowl mixes and later on in the year the trivets. An i-slice or 2 would be handy. I have an art project that I do that I would LOVE to have a set of 25 for (haven't sprung for those yet!)

The small SA bowls and caddy might be a nice gift (with the bowls filled with chocolate of course!!)

I'll do some more thinking and post again if I have any brainstorms!

Oh man, Now I am torn! I was going to do the batter bowl gifts with cookie mixes (to match the mini prep bowl gifts for the aides) but now I think the trivets would be cute!?

Does anyone have a cute poem or tag for the trivets?

What about giving your son's teacher a gift certificate to Merrill...or just ordering her something you think would be useful for her business.

heat123 said:
Oh man, Now I am torn! I was going to do the batter bowl gifts with cookie mixes (to match the mini prep bowl gifts for the aides) but now I think the trivets would be cute!?

Does anyone have a cute poem or tag for the trivets?

For the trivet...Thank you from the bottom of my heart for making a difference in my child's life"

Awe...that is really sweet Carolyn. Thanks for the idea.

Ok, I think I like the trivets ;), thanks for the tag saying Carolyn!

Off topic a bit, but what is standard price range for a teacher's gift? Same for the assistant? What about the music, art, pe teacher? And then do you get them an end-of-year gift too? I'm just seeing this buying gifts thing to get quite pricey based on some of the gifts listed here. (my oldest is in K so I'm new at this.) Thanks....BEE

I was only thinkng of the main teacher for a gift I never even thought of the P.E. teacher. I am sure there is an aid in his classroom so I may have to do something for her. But my DH said I didnt need to give her a gift and I said of course I do.

Oh geeze....now I need to find out how many teachers DS has! I was only thinking about the Teacher, the Para-Pro and the Bus Driver.....Lets see, there's a PE teacher, Music Teacher....what else? DS is only in Kindergarten!

pamperedlinda said:
Oh geeze....now I need to find out how many teachers DS has! I was only thinking about the Teacher, the Para-Pro and the Bus Driver.....Lets see, there's a PE teacher, Music Teacher....what else? DS is only in Kindergarten!
Mine is in 3 yr old preschool - I hadn't even thought about teacher gifts.....yikes!

Ok, the tool turn abouts...Anyone know how to do that adorable decorating?

ChefBeckyD said:
Mine is in 3 yr old preschool - I hadn't even thought about teacher gifts.....yikes!
I gave teacher and teacher aides gifts both years my oldest was in preschool, now it's the youngests turn!

Year one I gave them: Batter bowl to teacher and SBCBs with candy to the aides.

Year two: SA coffee mugs filled with candy, wooden spoons, gourmet hot cocoa package and SBCBs with candy again to aides.

This year for my younger DD I am doing either the Trivet or Batter bowl with a new teacher and mini preps for the 6 aides filled with bath salts or hot cocao and a wooden spoon wrapped in cellaphane.

And the Trivet or BB gift for my DD in kindergarten, haven't decided which? I love the holidays and spending $$$$! LOL

J.Corley said:
Ok, the tool turn abouts...Anyone know how to do that adorable decorating?

Its totally easy! I used regular 12x12 scrapbooking paper (The ones in the picture are from Basic Grey's BLUSH line) The bottom compartment needs 3 strips of paper that are about 3 1/4 inches in length. I think the middle section is about 1 1/2 inches and the top in one inch even. I used Mod Podge brushed onto the tool turnabout as adhesive glue and gently and carefully placed the paper on each section at a time. Then continued to the next section. The letters are just die cuts, but you could use stickers if you wanted to. I wrapped the top of each section with black ribbon and put on a few Scrapbooking rubons. Then after that I mod Podged over it all to seal it all. My gals were here the other day and each did their own in about an hour, with no experience at all.

Kristin you give me hope I could do it but I don't know what Basic Grey's Blush Line is, nor any other scrapbooking term. I do find myself crafty sometimes so I am willing to try.

J.Corley said:
Kristin you give me hope I could do it but I don't know what Basic Grey's Blush Line is, nor any other scrapbooking term. I do find myself crafty sometimes so I am willing to try.

I got my papers from that website that hosts that photo. Though you can go into your local scrapbook shop and find more paper than you could ever know what to do with. A girlfriend of mine just used some of my Blush line for a purse album yesterday, but let me dig through my stash for you. Do you like the colors of mine? I can cut everything to fit for you and send it off if you want. Let me know.

How about a measure all cup filled with candy and a note attached that says no one measures up to you or a bar board with and apple wedger attached to it and maybe an apple and then wrap it in cellophane looks adorable!

We decided to fill our TTA with school supplies that we got at the beginning of the school year. I have some friends that are teachers and one of their chief complaints are that they have to buy supplies from their own pocket in most cases. I added stickers that she could put on papers like "good work, nice job, etc", crayons, washable markers, scissors, etc.
I was probably only out $25. I wanted to decorate it more, but I am not very crafty.

We buy gifts for my husband's employees and we've done the Mini-Whipper with a can of hot chocolate. Last year we gave them a brownie mix with the Mini Serving Spatula and a bunch of brownie recipes attached. We have to try and keep them around $5 since he has so many, but you could always add a little more.

What about doing a cookie basket since the Cookie Press will be on sale in December? You could add the Mini Serving Spatula, or Cooling Rack to go with it.

minute cakewhat about the minute microwave cake mix in the cup? i LOVE the recipe - it is so tasty - easy to make - you can wrap it up with the directions and the recipe for them to make more! i would have loved that when i was teaching! anything yummy!!!! my one suggestion would be to NOT give anything apple related. most of my teacher friends and myself did not enjoy those. and the trivet is a nice idea - but it is really something that won't be to everyone's taste. you cannot go wrong with the plain white mug and some tasty chocolate! also - some of my favorite gifts from when i was a teacher - were just homemade treats!!! i had some families that were really great cooks/bakers - and it made my day!!!! one family made me lunch one day - and another made me dinner the next day. it was perfect!!! i now that isn't giving a pc product - but i agree that you don't want to seem too self serving. let me know if you want to micro cake in a minute recipe!

When I was little, my mom would always make a batch of her prize-winning homemade dinner rolls for our teachers for Christmas. As kids, we were actually embarrassed by giving a "homemade" gift, when everyone else gave a boughten gift.....but our teachers always gushed about those rolls. Now, as an adult, I understand why!:rolleyes: :thumbup:

Last year and this year we made a batch of Dutch Apple Pie Jam and gave a jar to each teacher. As a special gift for her kindergarten teacher last year, we gave her a GC for a 15 minute chair massage.I'm liking the trivet idea for a "bigger gift"...

Yummy!!
ChefBeckyD said:
When I was little, my mom would always make a batch of her prize-winning homemade dinner rolls for our teachers for Christmas. As kids, we were actually embarrassed by giving a "homemade" gift, when everyone else gave a boughten gift.....but our teachers always gushed about those rolls. Now, as an adult, I understand why!:rolleyes: :thumbup:

OHHHH the smell of homemade bread and dinner rolls. I wonder if they could bottle it and sell it as a perfume!! LOL But then the animals in the neighborhood might chase me down when I go for a walk. Well maybe the people in the neighborhood would chase me down for a whiff!! :eek: LOL

Homemade gifts are the best. I always make homemade goodies and put them in a beautiful basket for the holidays for gifts!! Everyone loves them!

Is that recipe secret?? Or can you share??

DebbieSAChef said:
OHHHH the smell of homemade bread and dinner rolls. I wonder if they could bottle it and sell it as a perfume!! LOL But then the animals in the neighborhood might chase me down when I go for a walk. Well maybe the people in the neighborhood would chase me down for a whiff!! :eek: LOL

Homemade gifts are the best. I always make homemade goodies and put them in a beautiful basket for the holidays for gifts!! Everyone loves them!

Is that recipe secret?? Or can you share??

Debbie - I will find it and post it!

That is what my mom always did - put the rolls in a basket, with a jar of homemade jam. There is NOTHING like a roll fresh from the oven, dripping with homemade strawberry jam! (where is that licking my lips smilie???)

Dutch Apple Pie Jamjanet - this sounds so delicious!!!!!

i agree - hot rolls are the best - except for maybe hot biscuits!!!! :) and i'm not even a 'southern' girl - but oh boy do biscuits make my heart sing!!!! :blushing:

jcwarr said:
janet - this sounds so delicious!!!!!

i agree - hot rolls are the best - except for maybe hot biscuits!!!! :) and i'm not even a 'southern' girl - but oh boy do biscuits make my heart sing!!!! :blushing:

It is - I made the cards on Vista Print to hand out with my shows...it is a recipe using Certo...let me see if I can find an electronic copy to post here...

Dutch Apple Pie Jam3-1/2 cups prepared fruit (about 1 lb. Granny Smith or other tart green apples)

1-1/2 cups water

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/4 tsp. ground allspice

4-1/2 cups granulated sugar, measured into separate bowl (See tip below.)

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1/2 tsp. butter or margarine (optional)

1 pouch CERTO Fruit Pectin

BRING boiling-water canner, half-full with water, to simmer. Wash jars and screw bands in hot, soapy water; rinse with warm water. Pour boiling water over flat lids in saucepan off the heat. Let stand in hot water until ready to use. Drain well before filling.

PEEL and core apples. Chop finely or grind. Add water. Measure exactly 3-1/2 cups prepared fruit into 6- or 8-quart saucepot. Stir in lemon juice, cinnamon and allspice.

STIR sugars into prepared fruit in saucepot. Add butter to reduce foaming, if desired. Bring mixture to full rolling boil (a boil that doesn't stop bubbling when stirred) on high heat, stirring constantly.

STIR in pectin quickly. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with metal spoon.

LADLE quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/8 inch of tops. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids. Screw bands tightly. Place jars on elevated rack in canner. Lower rack into canner. Water must cover jars by 1 to 2 inches; add boiling water if needed. Cover; bring water to gentle boil. Process 10 minutes. Remove jars and place upright on a towel to cool completely. After jars cool, check seals by pressing middle of lid with finger. (If lid springs back, lid is not sealed and refrigeration is necessary.)

Last edited:
Mmmmmmm
ChefBeckyD said:
Debbie - I will find it and post it!

That is what my mom always did - put the rolls in a basket, with a jar of homemade jam. There is NOTHING like a roll fresh from the oven, dripping with homemade strawberry jam! (where is that licking my lips smilie???)

That sounds so good!!

And something I would love to get as a gift!

Can you tell I love food? But not the after effects!! LOL

Although this is not PC related - at our elementary school - each year we have the book fair in the fall - each teacher makes a wish list for books for their classroom - we always buy a couple of the books from their wish lists and give them to the teacher for Christmas - that way it's something all the kids can use and doesn't take up any space in the teacher's home. Back when my kids were in pre school - the teachers specifically asked for no gifts but something for the classroom (still optional) and we did something similar with books or a small toy that everyone could use (and they could update their classroom at no cost to them). At the end of the year - I tend to do gift cards for restaurants/movie theatres or book stores and they always seemed to go over well. Just a thought!

<h2>1. "What are some unique and inexpensive gift ideas for my son's teachers?"</h2><p>There are many great options for gifts that your son's teachers will love without breaking the bank. Some ideas include:</p><ul> <li>A personalized mug or tumbler with their name or a special message</li> <li>A set of high-quality pens or pencils</li> <li>A small potted plant or succulent</li> <li>A homemade treat, such as cookies or granola</li> <li>A gift certificate for a local coffee shop or bookstore</li></ul><h2>2. "Do you have any suggestions for combining inexpensive items into a gift for teachers?"</h2><p>Absolutely! One idea is to create a "teacher survival kit" with items like hand sanitizer, tissues, lip balm, and chocolate. Another option is to put together a themed gift basket, such as a movie night basket with popcorn, candy, and a DVD.</p><h2>3. "Are there any cute tags or add-ins that I can include with the gifts?"</h2><p>Yes, you can add a personal touch to your gifts by including a handwritten note or attaching a cute tag with a thoughtful message. You could also add in a small card with a quote or a funny joke to make the gift even more special.</p><h2>4. "Is a Pampered Chef gift certificate a good idea as a gift for teachers?"</h2><p>Absolutely! A Pampered Chef gift certificate is a great option for teachers who love to cook or bake. They can use it to purchase high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets that will make their cooking and baking experiences more enjoyable.</p><h2>5. "Do you have any suggestions for gifts that teachers will actually appreciate?"</h2><p>Teachers often receive a lot of trinkets and knick-knacks as gifts, so it's always a good idea to think of practical gifts that they will actually use and appreciate. Some ideas include a gift card for a massage or spa day, a subscription to a magazine or book club, or a personalized tote bag or planner.</p>

1. "What are some unique and inexpensive gift ideas for my son's teachers?"

There are many great options for gifts that your son's teachers will love without breaking the bank. Some ideas include:

• A personalized mug or tumbler with their name or a special message
  • A set of high-quality pens or pencils
  • A small potted plant or succulent
  • A homemade treat, such as cookies or granola
  • A gift certificate for a local coffee shop or bookstore

2. "Do you have any suggestions for combining inexpensive items into a gift for teachers?"

Absolutely! One idea is to create a "teacher survival kit" with items like hand sanitizer, tissues, lip balm, and chocolate. Another option is to put together a themed gift basket, such as a movie night basket with popcorn, candy, and a DVD.

3. "Are there any cute tags or add-ins that I can include with the gifts?"

Yes, you can add a personal touch to your gifts by including a handwritten note or attaching a cute tag with a thoughtful message. You could also add in a small card with a quote or a funny joke to make the gift even more special.

4. "Is a Pampered Chef gift certificate a good idea as a gift for teachers?"

Absolutely! A Pampered Chef gift certificate is a great option for teachers who love to cook or bake. They can use it to purchase high-quality kitchen tools and gadgets that will make their cooking and baking experiences more enjoyable.

5. "Do you have any suggestions for gifts that teachers will actually appreciate?"

Teachers often receive a lot of trinkets and knick-knacks as gifts, so it's always a good idea to think of practical gifts that they will actually use and appreciate. Some ideas include a gift card for a massage or spa day, a subscription to a magazine or book club, or a personalized tote bag or planner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pampered Angel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
tmo2008
  • pattybrady