1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: I need meal ideas while my MIL is in the hospital :(

1. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

My MIL was admitted to the hospital yesterday after having a mini-stroke and not even realizing it! She thought she had an inner ear infection which was causing her to be dizzy and shuffle instead of walk :rolleyes: She was given a prescription by her doctor a week ago for this :rolleyes: but then over the past few days she started seeing black spots and when she went for her follow up yesterday when the meds were done and said nothing was better, her sent her for a CAT scan and then they admitted her saying she's had a stroke and will now need rehab, a wheelchair or a cane (which she's refusing since they're for 'old' people ;) - she's 82 God love her!)

We're heading up there to see her Wednesday (2 hours away) and I would like to bring some sort of meal or meals for my FIL who is EXTREMELY picky. Meat and potatoes for over 50 years of marriage. I have no idea what to make him or bring. It would have to travel well and then I could send it home with him after visiting MIL in the hospital.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
    Nov 23, 2009
  2. StacieB

StacieB Veteran Member Gold Member

How about Shepards Pie or Stroganoff? So sorry that this conditions has happened to her too.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
    Nov 23, 2009
  3. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

Does he have a slow cooker that he can use? Maybe put together something he can dump in there, set and forget for the day, and it be ready at dinner time.

Nov 23, 2009
  4. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

A beef roast with potatoes and veggies cooks great in a crock pot!

Frozen ravioli with tomato sauce is quick and easy. Sometimes Birdseye "Voila" meals are cheap and easy and cook easily in a few minutes.

Meatloaf re-heats really well.

Nov 23, 2009
  5. Intrepid_Chef

Intrepid_Chef Legend Member Silver Member

So she was 2 when she got married?:D

Nov 23, 2009
  6. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

LOL, oops. Better fix that, thanks for the catch AND thanks for the ideas :)

Nov 23, 2009
Have something to add?