• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting to Know You Even More :)

In summary, Chris has many oddities that are similar to mine, such as being double jointed in her elbows, being sensitive to certain smells, and being a terrible cook. I am also the only one in my family who can't roll my tongue.
ChefEileen said:
OK, I am fairly boring.

Never won anything up until 3 years ago at a Chamber function.
I have a twin brother
My third child was almost a twin
My oldest - a girl - was the first girl in the family in 32 years - I was the only girl in a family of 4 boys
Mom died of Cancer when I was 3
I Love chocolate except milk
Allergic to dairy products
Met my husband on a blind date - will celebrate our 25th anniversary this year
Was a secretary in one of my former lives
Have 2 dogs a beagle and a doxie

how do you know this?????

legacypc46 said:
I am totally with you on the coffee and the old movies. As for parasailing, I tried it once and ended up saying prayers I didn't know I remembered....interlaced with cusswords I didn't know I knew. When/where were you in Colombia? I had family of sorts in Bogota and visited regularly between 1993 and 1995. Amazingly beautiful countryside, but insanely dangerous place at times.

I was there in 1986 for three weeks just outside of Villavicencio, helping to build a school. Amazing country, and amazing people. I loved so much about my stay there. Things I didn't love were:

1. Men trying to touch my hair.....I had long blonde hair, and I learned very quickly to not only tie it back, but also tuck it up in a hat when I was at the market, etc....

2. The bus ride from Bogota to Villa - only do that willingly if you have a death wish!

3. Bugs the size of small animals....inside the little apt. where I was staying!:eek:

Things I LOVED:

1.The beauty of the mountains!

2. Fresh bananas hanging on the back stoop, and fresh pineapple that I didn't even have to core, and empanadas!

3. Watching our daily milk come down the mountain on the back of a horse ridden by a man actually wearing a cowboy hat and poncho!

4. So many of the people who were so generous, even though they had so little.

And I had to be guarded for 2 days because the US had just extradited some big drug guy, and his people had threatened to kidnap and kill 50 Americans....and they were in the vicinity of where I was staying....a little tense for a couple of days!

Now - ask me about my trip to Sri Lanka......somehow I always end up in war torn countries!

chefmeg said:
how do you know this?????

I was 40 when I was pregnant with my third child, I was considered high risk so I had an Amnio done.

The nurse was using the wand on my stomach and got this weird look on her face and started to scare me really bad. She immediately called the doctor over (he was speaking to my husband) and asked him "What is THIS!

I had two umbilical cords and two sacks (fraternal twins run in my family), but there was only one baby. The embryo on the second baby never developed.

Hope this answers you questions.

OK~makes sense now! Just was really curious as to how you figured that out....sorry to get so personal!:blushing:

No Problem :angel:

cwinter474 said:
My husband is 18yrs older than I and bought my engagment ring in Guam on the Navy base on the day that I was born, said he just knew one day he would need it. So he bought it, sent it home and it was in his safety deposit box until the night before he purposed to me.

Wow, that gave me goosebumps. That is incredible!!

Lets see... some interesting things about me...

-I have played the piano for 17 years
-I have a unicornuate uterus
-I've had 3 c-sections
-Never had a broken bone or bee sting, or any other bug bite for that matter (ok minus misquitos)
-I LOVE cats! I grew up with dogs, and I thought that I liked dogs, until we got a dog, and I've come to realize how much easier and lovable cats are to me!
-I'm not allergic to anything.
-I hate raw onions and mushrooms, but I'll eat them cooked.
-I feel controlled by my religion, but can't give it up.
-I feel like a complete failure at parenting.
-The last scary movie I watched was The Grudge, when it came to DVD and it was THE last scary movie I will EVER see. To this day, my hubby has to change the channel or I will if we see previews for anything scary. I get bad anxiety attacks. I start almost hyperventilating. Its weird

ndbigler said:

-I've had 3 c-sections
-Never had a broken bone or bee sting, or any other bug bite for that matter (ok minus misquitos)
-I LOVE cats! I grew up with dogs, and I thought that I liked dogs, until we got a dog, and I've come to realize how much easier and lovable cats are to me!
-I feel controlled by my religion, but can't give it up.
-The last scary movie I watched was The Grudge, when it came to DVD and it was THE last scary movie I will EVER see. To this day, my hubby has to change the channel or I will if we see previews for anything scary. I get bad anxiety attacks. I start almost hyperventilating. Its weird

don't.....instead, read my thread about "not wanting to be the mommy" in the Chef's Lounge!

Yeah...we ALL feel like that from time to time. (And if you have kids and you don't feel like this...give it time! You will at some point! lol)

KellyTheChef said:
Yeah...we ALL feel like that from time to time. (And if you have kids and you don't feel like this...give it time! You will at some point! lol)

DH & I both felt like this last night....both of us doing battle with DS and finally putting him to bed. We collapsed on the couch, and said to each other that if he is like this at 4yo, what are we in for in 10 years?!:eek:

Wow I seem so boring.

I have seen Dirty Dancing at the theater 37 times.
I do pregnant great, delivery not so well:blushing:
I used to get beat up in the third grade for being smart and not letting people cheat off me.
I have been paddled by a teacher and knocked my head against the nearest wall. (I wasn't being bad) Long story
I have a red belt in Tae Kwon Do
I ran cross country in high school (can't run 3 steps now:D)
I lived 2 blocks from DH for 3 years and didn't run into him until we worked at the same store 4 years later.
I can type 70 wpm
I can speak fluent pig latin
I used to be able to stand against a wall and touch the wall by my head with my foot
I was president of our high school speech team
I have read To Kill A Mocking Bird over a dozen times
I used to have an obsession with serial killer stories (Manson, Zodiac, etc.)
My family calls me Martha
I relate to the song 1985
I loved the WWF until about 3 years ago. Guess I outgrew it
I am terrified of bats because I had one get caught in my hair in the 80's

cathyskitchen said:
I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue, and so can my youngest son (6)...

I used to sell cars and did pretty well...

I'm related to someone famous...

IF I wanted to, I can pick my nose with my tongue. I haven't found anyone else that their tongue is that long.

I used to compete in roller figure skating (and still skate great)
I've played the flute for more than 20 years
I've marched in the Portland's Rose Festival Parade
I have a masters degree in Reading and Special Education

I can roll my tounge.
I have a big crease across the back of my head and both of my boys do too.
I am a Women's Health Nurse Practitioner and do well women exams and some male exams and STD exams all day. If it can be piereced, tatootoed or shaved, believe me I have seen it....LOL. I know more about birth control than most people....
My dad was in the Air Force and I have lived all over the US and in Spain and Turkey. I left the US during the 6th grade and moved back my Senior year.
I love to read and read all kinds of books.
I was carrying my youngest son down the steps, slipped and fell. Dropped him and he broke his leg at 7 months, so at 16, he likes to say "remember when you dropped me on my head and broke my leg..."
Both my boys are or were active in 4H and FFA. My youngest son has show goats and lambs. My oldest who is now 24, had lambs and hogs.
My husband, and both boys are born on the 11th of the month, 2 months apart.
I met my husband in ER when he was a patient, he had to have stiches.....
I had a recipe published in Taste of Home, and a picture of my recipe apprered on the cover of the magazine.
We live in a house that is on the same piece pf pprterty my husband grew up on.
their orginial house burnt down. My boys go to the same school their dad and all his family graduated from.
I was a band geek and played clarinet, and bass clarinet, in the stage band, marching band woodwind quartet and jazz band. Love music. Want to take piano lessons.

ndbigler said:

-I've had 3 c-sections
I feel controlled by my religion, but can't give it up.

That's sad! What makes you feel that way?

My DD was born on my kitchen floor, delivered by my very squeamish DH. (And no we had not planned on a home birth).

Who is next? What are your quirks?[/QUOTE]

Ok, so my oldest son was born in our 97 Toyota Camry on the way to the hospital. It took his head crowning to convince my squeamish husband to pull over!!! He kept saying you ARE going to wait till we get there. Then my daughter was born at the hospital BUT my youngest was born at home (unplanned) in the bathtub!!! Delivered by my husband and I. Needless to say next time we will just plan to stay home.

Ok, so my oldest son was born in our 97 Toyota Camry on the way to the hospital. It took his head crowning to convince my squeamish husband to pull over!!! He kept saying you ARE going to wait till we get there. Then my daughter was born at the hospital BUT my youngest was born at home (unplanned) in the bathtub!!! Delivered by my husband and I. Needless to say next time we will just plan to stay home.[/QUOTE]

Next time!?!?!? After DD's birth, we decided that was probably ebough kids for us! We are obviously not intended to have a "typical" birth. The first -- twins in an OR with a team for me plus a team for each baby was not my ideal birth. So the next time DH & I said we wanted it really intimate, Just us & our parents (not necessarily with them in the room, but close by). Well, we got our intimate birth -- just us & the 911 operator.
We were literally 2 minutes from having her in the car. DH was securing the boys in their car seats & I was grabbing "what to expect" just in case we didn't make it to the hospital. I was heading for the door when my water broke. By the time I got to the bathroom, she was crowning. I screamed for DH & said call 911 the baby's coming. He says "what do you mean?" Uh -- I'm holding it's head in my hands. Call 911!!! After that, the details get sketchy (I thin from the shock!).

So I totally get the DH not quite getting it! He was a trooper though.

Did you ever get a copy of your 911 call? I always wished we had tried to get a copy -- but maybe it's better that we didn't. I still can't watch the video DH took once the firefighters & paramedics got to our house. I think the tape would be too much for me.

Remembered another one. On my birth certificate they said I was a boy! :eek: My mom had to have it changed, so now I have 2 birth certificates!

byrd1956 said:
Remembered another one. On my birth certificate they said I was a boy! :eek: My mom had to have it changed, so now I have 2 birth certificates!

This reminds me..... on my birth certificate, after my middle name, Reynnette, there is a "?" guess they didn't know if it was spelt right?

Darn, I go on vacation for a week and miss all the fun!!
I want to play!!!

* I was a cheerleader in elementary, junior high and HS!!
* I can tap dance
* I have a BA in Psychology (and my husband makes fun of me for it)
* I work at a produce company (using my psych degree well, aren't I?)
* I can rollerblade like nobody's business (and I don't wear pads).
* I am a sports nut and have been listening to sports talk radio since I was 17 (side note: I live in Texas and hockey is my favorite sport!!!)
* Grew up playing soccer and softball (I'm very good at soccer, softball - not so much!)
* I have an astigmatism and am legally blind in one eye (I really should NOT drive at night!!)
* I am SUPER boring, have always lived within a 25 minute radius from where I was born (another side note: my boys were born in the same hospital as me, and the doctor that delivered my oldest delivered my brother)
* My DH got deployed to Iraq when my oldest son was 9 weeks old. Got pregnant w/ my second son when my husband was home for 16 days (Poor guy came home and within 4 months had two kids and wasn't even used to being a parent to one!!)
* I can cross-stitch (but haven't done it in 6 years)
* I am a music freak (even though I have ZERO talent - I just admire from afar)
* Same thing with art/architecture (LOVE it - no talent)
*DH says that I have a head filled with most useless knowledge of anyone he's ever met
*My grandfather was a genius, got accepted to MIT - wished I got those genes!!!!

That's all I can think of right now.....
Thanks for letting me play!!!

I am the youngest of 8 children, 1 is now deceased
My parents had me at 43, which makes them the same age as most of my friends grandparents!!
I grew up on a farm and still have my own cow there!
I had my DD completely natural by choice
I had an epidural with DS due to pitocin, 10 times worse than DD!!
I've modeled bikinis on TV
I was the president of the honor society, editor of the high school yearbook, captain of the track team and danceline and choreographer of the school play my senoir year of high school
I met my husband in NC and we're both from WV, towns only 20 minutes apart, after meeting him we discovered I knew his mom :eek:
I am having surgery in September for possible cancer of the thyroid and am very nervous the closer it gets!

I have always wanted to be an Archaeologist and Paleontologist and belonged to the West Virginia fossil club when I was little!
I went to college and majored in Pre-Med/Biology and never got my degree, would love to finish and get an Anthropology/Archaeology degree
I work at a Science Center and LOVE it!
I love to decorate cakes
I want to move back home to WV
I am scared that my kids won't be able to spend enough time with my parents to really remember them when they grow up

wow Shawna! I don't blame you for being nervous about your upcoming surgery. You know you've got a great support network on here, I hope :)

We live next door to my husband's mom. My boys were and are blessed by having DH's parents right next door. My boys go over to granny's everyday if they are home, my youngest is 16 adn he goes over there evryday to spend time with her and my oldest in 24 and he goes over there first when he comes home....they went to see thier grandpa every day until he passed away and it has been several years.

peichef said:
wow Shawna!

I don't blame you for being nervous about your upcoming surgery. You know you've got a great support network on here, I hope :)

Yes, I know the support here is great and all you need to do is ask for it to get it!! I have already had a lot of support and prayers from a lot of folks on here! I am just now realizing that it is all real and it's making me nervous. LOL

well, add me to the list of people praying for you!

chefshawna said:
I am having surgery in September for possible cancer of the thyroid and am very nervous the closer it gets!
Shawna, I had surgery several yrs. ago. The dr. took out all of the left side & most of my right. A small carcinoma (sp?) was found & totally removed. Since I still have part of my thyroid I do not have to take any meds. & all my follow up test have been great. Hope everything works out for you, too.

byrd1956 said:
Shawna, I had surgery several yrs. ago. The dr. took out all of the left side & most of my right. A small carcinoma (sp?) was found & totally removed. Since I still have part of my thyroid I do not have to take any meds. & all my follow up test have been great. Hope everything works out for you, too.

Thanks!
Did you have to go through Radioactive Iodine Treatment?

pampcheflisa said:
Darn, I go on vacation for a week and miss all the fun!!
I want to play!!!

* I was a cheerleader in elementary, junior high and HS!!
* I can tap dance
* I have a BA in Psychology (and my husband makes fun of me for it)
* I work at a produce company (using my psych degree well, aren't I?)
* I can rollerblade like nobody's business (and I don't wear pads).
* I am a sports nut and have been listening to sports talk radio since I was 17 (side note: I live in Texas and hockey is my favorite sport!!!)
* Grew up playing soccer and softball (I'm very good at soccer, softball - not so much!)
* I have an astigmatism and am legally blind in one eye (I really should NOT drive at night!!)
* I am SUPER boring, have always lived within a 25 minute radius from where I was born (another side note: my boys were born in the same hospital as me, and the doctor that delivered my oldest delivered my brother)
* My DH got deployed to Iraq when my oldest son was 9 weeks old. Got pregnant w/ my second son when my husband was home for 16 days (Poor guy came home and within 4 months had two kids and wasn't even used to being a parent to one!!)
* I can cross-stitch (but haven't done it in 6 years)
* I am a music freak (even though I have ZERO talent - I just admire from afar)
* Same thing with art/architecture (LOVE it - no talent)
*DH says that I have a head filled with most useless knowledge of anyone he's ever met
*My grandfather was a genius, got accepted to MIT - wished I got those genes!!!!

That's all I can think of right now.....
Thanks for letting me play!!!

Holy cow, we have a TON in common!!!!!!!

ok....
I was 32 when I had my DS and will be 37 with DD (DEC 08) Then we are DONE!
I was a disigner in a furniture store before starting PC. I was in the commercial for the store and they still show it from time to time.
I met my DH online... and we are still together!
I have roller skated my whole life.. with my mom
I have a sister that is 13 years younger, and it's just the two of us.
my son has a great great grand father (g-g grandma just passed a couple of weeks ago)

chefshawna said:
Thanks!
Did you have to go through Radioactive Iodine Treatment?
No, I didn't have to have any treatments.

<h2>1. What do you do for a living?</h2><p>I work for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that specializes in kitchen tools and cooking products.</p><h2>2. What inspired you to start this thread?</h2><p>I had the idea to start this thread a couple of weeks ago, before I left on vacation. I wanted to get to know my fellow Pampered Chef colleagues and learn about their unique qualities and experiences.</p><h2>3. Can you share a quirky or odd trait about yourself?</h2><p>I can put my feet behind my head, even though I don't do yoga. It's always a fun party trick!</p><h2>4. What is the most unusual experience you've had?</h2><p>My daughter was born on my kitchen floor, delivered by my very squeamish husband. It was definitely not planned, but it made for a great story.</p><h2>5. Do you have any other unique physical abilities?</h2><p>I have "double jointed" hands and feet, which tends to creep people out. I can easily bend my toes under my feet when I'm sitting, which is actually my preferred way to sit because it's very comfortable for me.</p>

Related to Getting to Know You Even More :)

1. What do you do for a living?

I work for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that specializes in kitchen tools and cooking products.

2. What inspired you to start this thread?

I had the idea to start this thread a couple of weeks ago, before I left on vacation. I wanted to get to know my fellow Pampered Chef colleagues and learn about their unique qualities and experiences.

3. Can you share a quirky or odd trait about yourself?

I can put my feet behind my head, even though I don't do yoga. It's always a fun party trick!

4. What is the most unusual experience you've had?

My daughter was born on my kitchen floor, delivered by my very squeamish husband. It was definitely not planned, but it made for a great story.

5. Do you have any other unique physical abilities?

I have "double jointed" hands and feet, which tends to creep people out. I can easily bend my toes under my feet when I'm sitting, which is actually my preferred way to sit because it's very comfortable for me.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies