• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting to Know You (Holiday Version)

even if I can't understand the words.Your Name: Mary1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?Hot Chocolate-- and ooh, I have the best recipe, if anybody wants it!2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?He wraps them3. Colored lights on tree/house or white?Both4 . Do you hang mistletoe?Yes, but it's not live. Well, it used to be alive, but then it got dipped in copper. But I guess everybody hangs dead mistletoe if they hang it, don't they?5. When do you put your decorations up?
BethCooks4U said:
I am from Milwaukee...DH was disappointed this year that he forgot to bring him a bottle of brandy - like when was that the tradition??
In Milwaukee, brandy consumption is the highest per capita in the nation. You get outside of Wisconsin and most places don't have brandy, and if they do, there's a layer of dust on the bottle! St. Nick should know that...

:D :D :D

Your Name: Laurel

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog (mixed 1/2 with Milk)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps unless were too tired then the last few hide un-wrapped behind the tree or under other packages hehe

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? All of the above.
We kinda go crazy with the Lights! Not quite Tim Allen though

4 . Do you hang mistletoe? We used too:( always forget now.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Day b4 Thanksgiving

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Pear Jello Salad (cream cheese inside). Yum YUM

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Going to the Christmas Tree Farm and cutting down the tree ourselves. Each one of us had a cut with the hand saw. I have continued this with my kids. It's Histerical :)

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? In the Fifth grade. I know I was quite naive. I was devasted. Kids at school said it and I called them liars. The Principal actually called my mom and said she should tell me. How sad :(

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes Only One present and it is always New PJ's. That way we all look good for Christmas morning photos.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Ornaments & lots of lights. The kids do most of it now though. candy canes are a must.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love It, It's Only about an hour drive to get to it. Usually we go to the beach after opening presents.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes. Used to be Gr8 but now too outta shape.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Matching ten speeds with my brother delivered by Santa to my grandparents lodge up in Big Bear, CA.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Getting together with family and seeing the smiles on everyones faces. Cooking for everyone and chillin with the family. We always play a game like monoply, scene it, or clue. Everybody always seems sooo relaxed. A no worries day:) :) :)

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pear Jello Salad!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Hot Cocoa by the fireplace singing Christmas carols that we don't know all the words to on Christmas Eve & when Der Nikolaus visits the kids on Dec. 5th. Bon bons left in there shoes if there good or coal if naughty. My teens still enjoy this German Tradition.

17. What tops your tree? A pretty angel with lights.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving. It's fun seeing there smiling faces.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Stille Nacht, Jingle Bells & Rudolph The red Nosed Reindeer.

Last edited:
For Those Willing To Share....Would/could We All Post The Holiday Recipes If We Know/have Them?

They All Sound Delicous!!

Thanks;

Liz

lizcooks4u said:
Would/could We All Post The Holiday Recipes If We Know/have Them?

They All Sound Delicous!!

Thanks;

Liz

Just did!! Go look!! Good idea, Liz!

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
[fan hijack] Jean Shepherd (RIP) is (was?) my favorite author. He was actually a short story writer, and his short stories were compiled into a book that is erroneously called a novel. A Christmas Story is made up of several of the stories in that book, In God We Trust, All Others Pay Cash. It is split-a-gut-laughing funny!

Jean Shepherd did the voice-over narration for the film. Read more at Jean Shepherd Website.[/fan hijack]
My husband has a bunch of his recordings! We both love him! Funny as all get out!

Your Name: Carol

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Calder Brothers Egg Nog.. with extra Nog! But then again, Cocoa ain't bad either.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? wrapped.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored on big tree, blinking too. White on the little tree

4 . Do you hang mistletoe? sometimes

5. When do you put your decorations up? I start Thanksgiving day, the litte tree stays decorated and put away in a garbage bag. Brought upstairs and un-bagged. Everything else just comes up when we get around to it.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Love the turkey and dressing. Cranberry Tequila Brie.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: We always went to midnight Mass (when they still did it at midnight). It always seem to be snowing outside when we left.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I can't remember

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Good heavens no. Santa hasn't came yet.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lots of colored lights, plus they blink.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Dread it. Hate it!!! Hate the cold, hate the ice. But love a good fire in the fireplace.

12. Can you ice skate? I can't even stand up straight most times, no way to ice skating, even though I have tried to learn.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A big walking doll

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Appreciating those that you love and those that love you.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Steamed Pudding.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas morning and a wonderful breakfast.

17. What tops your tree? Actually nothing... have tried getting toppers over the years, but the trees always end up too big.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both... still a kid a heart, but love the hunt for the perfect gift.

19. Favorite Holiday Movie... National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!! Oh, and Christmas Carol, the version with Allstairs Sims as Scrooge (has to be that version). Then again, the Bill Murray version is pretty funny!
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Ave Maria (is that considered a Christmas song???) If not, then I have to say Ruduloph. I know, still a kid at heart.

Last edited:
Your Name: Andrea

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate and don’t forget those little mini marshmallows!!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Lately I’ve been leaning towards white

4 . Do you hang mistletoe? No.. but this year my sweetie will be here for the holidays after being offshore so I’ll be hunting down some mistletoe for sure!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Yesterday !! hee hee.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?Definetely the Christmas Turkey Dinner with a bit of salt beef mmmmm YUM.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: My Dad was more of a kid than I was at Christmas. I loved him getting me on the go always asking me what I got him for Christmas. The rule in our home is the gifts didn’t go under the tree until supper time Christmas Eve. You were NOT under and circumstances to lift them, shake them, squeeze them, sniff them.. hee hee you just had to look at them til the next morning. I loved to wrap Dad’s gifts in silly shapes and stick them right out front. Christmas Eve night when we would be supposedly watching The Grinch or Scrooge, he would be too busy scratching his head and getting all fixated on his gifts wondering what he could POSSIBLY get in a flat as a pancake 20” square box!! Yep I took two pieces of flat cardboard and wrapped his carpenter’s level in it!! Hee hee! Dad would have Mum drove NUTS all night wanting to get up at the crack of dawn to open gifts thinking I was in my room wide awake dying to see what Santa brought.. Nope not me.. I was a good sleeper even as a small kid!! Sigh… I miss my Dad. He died almost 8 years ago. But those memories will be with me the rest of my life and I will pass them on to my kids someday! Mum and I do still keep the tradition of putting out the gifts Christmas Eve night and not touching them! This year my BF Richard will be here so he will have to undergo the same rules!!! Should be fun!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I think I was around 12 or 13. I got my first walkman from Santa. When I opened up the box my walkman was in, the walkman was smaller than the box, so to keep the walkman from sliding around the box, I noticed that there were a bathroom towel wrapped around the walkman that was IDENTICAL to what Mum had!! AHA!!! Either there was no Santa or Santa needed extra stuffing!! J

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? NOPE!!! Not a chance.. but we did start a new tradition last year. Opening gifts on Christmas morning is sooooooo anticlimactic. All of a sudden all the gifts are open.. sigh… no more til next year. SO we keep one gift to open for Boxing Day. It worked out great last year, so we plan to continue doing it every year!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lots of lights, lots of ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like a bit for the holiday season to make it more Christmasy.. and I like a little bit in January to do a bit of skiing.. but then that’s it.. I HATE it after that!! I hate the cold!

12. Can you ice skate? Not too bad.. I did get to skate the Rideau Canal in Ottawa last year which was something I always wanted to do.. had sooo much fun too!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I received a great bread machine last year!!! I love making bread!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Peaceful, relaxing and being with my friends and family.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Would have to be the cherry,nut, marshmallow refrigerator cookies Mum makes me every year!! Its not Christmas without them.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? As mentioned above, the gifts under the tree Christmas Eve. Mum and I also have our annual Christmas Girls Night Out Supper at the house. After the big supper we rent a great chick flick. I think this year we will rent “The Devil Wears Prada.”

17. What tops your tree? An Angel

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I’m a sewer/quilter and I looooooove to give gifts that I made

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night. Its sung every year at Midnight Mass and it sounds so beautiful in the cathederal.

And as for my favourite Christmas movie I would have to say "The Christmas Carol" and only the version with Alistar Simms in it!! its the best one!

Cheers

Your Name: Jenn

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate - I'm not a fan of egg nog really.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa leaves one present for each kid unwrapped most of the time.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? colored on the tree, nothing on the house yet.

4 . Do you hang mistletoe? It depends on whether I can get any.

5. When do you put your decorations up? I try to do it right after Turkey Day... this year we were late and just did it yesterday.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I love the sweet potatoes as I can't have them most of the year since no one likes them but me.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: I got the heartbeat baby for Christmas one year.... that was a great year. I'd quietly wished for the doll, as I wasn't much to beg and plead and may have mentioned it once quietly. I never asked for things, so if I did it would have taken great courage. Anyway, I was so thrilled when I opened that box and got the heartbeat baby...

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I suppose by this question, you are referring to that horrible LIE that people tell that Santa isn't real...

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? One every year! The kids traditionally open jammies and a book.... it's become sort of a joke around here actually, but still a good and favorite tradition.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I have a total "kid tree", lots of ornaments bought for the kids, made by the kids... lots of lights... lots of disney princess, crayoloa.... oh, just lotso kid stuff.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It doesn't snow here, so I think not growing up with it, I have a special appreciation for snow... I just love love love watching it snow... it's like magic.

12. Can you ice skate? I've never tried, but given how bad I am on roller skates, I think for safety I won't try.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My hubby had my wedding ring fixed... it had been bent and a diamond had fallen out so it sat in my jewelry box. He had given me a three stone diamond ring the year before, so I still wear that in the place of my wedding ring, but I loved that he snuck my wedding ring and had it fixed.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time home with the kiddos.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate pie.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? the jammies, church candlelight service.

17. What tops your tree? It was a star, but it broke, so right now my treetop is nakkie.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? i LOVE trying to come up with the perfect gift.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night - any version will do.

German Flashback Memories
PoseyMom said:
Your Name: Jenn

17. What tops your tree? It was a star, but it broke, so right now my treetop is nakkie. Quote

Oh my goodness:D I love seeing all these German flashbacks. (Nakkie) meaning the top of your tree is bare correct? & TKGuy with all his Deutsche input I love it. I lived in Germany for over Ten years and truly miss walking the Weihnacts Markt for fresh Lebkuchen and Gluwein (ginger cakes and Spiced wine) What fun memories. I was fortunate a couple of years ago to travel to Chicago just before Christmas and where they too celebrate The Traditioal German Weihnacts Festival. Frohe Weihnacten to all:)

Last edited:
Your Name: Linnie
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Elves wrap, Santa puts them under the tree.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White on tree, colored outside.4 . Do you hang mistletoe? nope
5. When do you put your decorations up? beginning of dec and then continually throughout the month
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? squash pie

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Christmas dinner, I'm a foodie.8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? It's still under debate.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not unless one side of the family is celbrating it that day, then it's open them all.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Colored themes....blue/silver, pink/gold, different every year.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love the snow, hate the ice.12. Can you ice skate? Not in the least.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Still the same, a box of Whitman's!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Seeing people and trying their 'famous' dishes.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Pumpkin rolls.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? The nap on the couch after dinner.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing yet, we're still arguing.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? both

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? The 'Santa's watching you' song by Ray Stevens. (And even though there's no place for it, Earnest saves Christmas is my fave movie LOL.)

I Must be blind...
thechefofnorthbend said:
Just did!! Go look!! Good idea, Liz!

Where is/are they posted?

thanks;

Liz

thanks told you I was blind!! lmao
thechefofnorthbend said:

I've been sick most of day but just now feeling better, actually never felt bad, but from the moment I woke up was puking and did so about 15 x's
this a.m. and just now starting to feel better :( Needless to say I missed work :( This all started around 10 a.m. :(

sorry for TIMI,

liz

Here goes...... (this is a great way to procrastinate making dinner!):
Your Name: Kim

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White (just changed from color this year)

4 . Do you hang mistletoe? no

5. When do you put your decorations up? Maybe once we started the day after Thanksgiving, but we're usually a little late. We finally got the tree decorated today. :)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? stuffing, mashed potatoes

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Coming downstairs with my sister to see what Santa brought. My dad always made a big deal of having to go downstairs first to check and make sure Santa was gone while we waited at the top of the stairs.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I have no idea. I don't even remember, so it must not have been too traumatic.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? this year it's white lights for the first time, then lots of ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like nice fluffy snow, but not along with sub-zero windchill days or when it makes driving dangerous (which is a lot of the time in Chicago)

12. Can you ice skate? Sort of. AFter growing up ice skating, I probably hadn't done it for 25 years, then we took my 4 year old son ice skating last winter at Millenium Park in Chicago, which was hilarious. I don't know who looked worse.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? When I was probably 8 or 9, a really neat toystore in my town had this huge unicorn stuffed animal in the window all fall and up 'til Christmas. I begged for it over and over and was told I wouldn't get it. Christmas morning it was right by the tree with a big red bow. That was the BEST!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Being with our families and hanging out enjoying everyone's company.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? ?? Apple Pie?

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Definitely the food.

17. What tops your tree? Nothing. :( For years I keep saying we need an angel and I keep meaning to go out looking for the perfect one at after Christmas sales, but I always forget. I don't remember that I never got one until we decorate the tree the next year.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love giving great gifts.

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Silent Night

Your Name: Kristin

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate....w/Bailey's :)

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap....just love that moment of anticipation right before unwrapping!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? white lites everywhere!

4 . Do you hang mistletoe? yep

5. When do you put your decorations up? As in actually out of the boxes currently lying in the middle of the living room floor? Probably this weekend.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Anything with Sweet Potatos

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Our Christmas Stockings. The house rule was that we couldn't unwrap presents until our parents woke up...but we could take down our stockings. Santa was clever: he always put in games like jacks & marbles (kept us occupied), fruit and other nibbles (kept us from getting hungry), and just enough little pieces of candy to make us not want Mom and Dad to get up too soon!!!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? It must have been terribly traumatic: totally don't remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just one.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? White lights and lots of glisten-y 'old-world' ornaments

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Absolutely love it...from the inside, sitting next to a wonderful fireplace with my DH.

12. Can you ice skate? On my stomach or behind only.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? A box of color-forms. I could play with those for HOURS.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The magic.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? English Trifle.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Decorating sugar cookies as a family on Christmas Eve.

17. What tops your tree? A lop-sided star.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? All of it!!!

19. Favorite Holiday Movie... A tie between 'Miracle on 34th Street' and 'It's a Wonderful Life'. (LOVE old movies; grew up watching them w/my Mom...who grew up watching them when they were first released...can you imagine paying 10 cents for a movie, a soda, popcorn, AND an ice cream when you left the theater?! {Mom is not young.})

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat