• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

You Know You Are Blessed When...

In summary, John and Laura's co-worker heard gunshots at 11:30 and drove to the other facility to find out what was going on. John was talking to Laura on the phone and she told him she went outside the compound and saw a suspect. The suspect turned out not to be true and John went to the launch.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Your job has you working in a facility right next door to a horrific scene. Yes, I work right next door to the SIKH temple that was attacked today. I work in two facilities two days a week. I start at one and drive to the other on Sunday and Monday. I had left the Oak Creek facility an hour and half prior to the shootings. My co-worker this a.m. there, Laura, was totally unaware anything was happening right next door until the driver we use to transport tapes finally got there at 11:55. He should have been there at 11:30 but was turned away from the Rawson/Howell avenues. He called me immediately. I tried calling Laura but no answer. Of course I freaked a bit but it turned out she was already down stairs waiting on the driver. He finally got there and told her what was happening. She in turned called the Brown Deer Computer Command Center and told them she was OK but she would like it if someone came down. So someone did. I finally got a hold of Laura myself and she told me she had gone outside the compound, yes - fully protected with very high fencing, special gates and electronically locked doors, and was amazed at what she saw. She sort of freaked a bit on the phone because she had heard there was a suspect on the loose. This turned out to not be true.
After everything I have heard about the SIKH religion, this was one heck of a messed up person who did this. The only thing that makes sense is that he thought they were Muslims. Such a shame. He probably thought if he did this and died he would be heralded as a martyr. Instead, he will only be remembered as a foolish, misguided person. Oh and they are investigating his home. It is a block north of one of my host's home! They have evacuated about a dozen homes right by his home but based on what they find... Say a prayer people!

Last edited:
I'm glad you're safe, John. Did you have a good time at launch?

yes very glad you are safe. prayers for everyone!

Intrepid_Chef said:
Did you have a good time at launch?

I enjoyed seeing you and talking to you again. Hopefully I'll see you in Milwaukee in February...

As a matter of fact Intrepid - I did! I have though decided to take a brief time to do a re-evaluation of where I am and what I want to do at this point. I do have a few orders that need to be submitted but I want to make it a show rather than individual orders but, at this point it is not a priority to make it a show so... I have a few things I really need to do that would take away some more time from PC so..

Me too Jane!

Too many connections to this shooting for me. My son lives a few blocks from the shootings, his good friend works across the street, evidently the shooter lives a short distance from another son (you mentioned the evacuations there too)... And you and others I know are all near by. So sad that people can be so misguided and then violent. Prayers going out to all affected.

Oh John! How horrible!!! I will pray for everyone!

By now I think all of you have heard about the tragedy that happened last Sunday here in Oak Creek WI. Now, I want to tell you something that one of the SIKH people said to national television. I can not quote this but he basically said that their community was astounded by the out pouring of support from everyone here. He also said that this type of support would never have occurred in India. I was actually surprised to hear this as that is where the foundation of this religion is. So rock on USA!! We also know for sure that the killer, Wade Michael Page, was definitely a coward. He was so proud of what he did that he shot himself before he could be taken into custody. Like I said, not only insane and an idiot, but also a yellow bellied A whole! (Sounds like???)
Oh and I found out today that the command center person that was on site next door, Laura, is still shaky about going back down there right now and being alone down there. Her boss has asked for volunteers to go in her place for a bit. This will not last too long as I know how much Laura really hates being at the BIG Command Center. They can be casual and it is easier to come and go when they want and is half as busy as the Brown Deer faculty. So she really has to be unnerved to give that up for even few days!

Last edited:
Glad both of you are okay!

John, I am so glad you are OK! You have been such a blessing to me! Through thic and thin, I know you're only a phone call away.

pampered1224 said:
By now I think all of you have heard about the tragedy that happened last Sunday here in Oak Creek WI. Now, I want to tell you something that one of the SIKH people said to national television. I can not quote this but he basically said that their community was astounded by the out pouring of support from everyone here. He also said that this type of support would never have occurred in India. I was actually surprised to hear this as that is where the foundation of this religion is. So rock on USA!! We also know for sure that the killer, Wade Michael Page, was definitely a coward. He was so proud of what he did that he shot himself before he could be taken into custody. Like I said, not only insane and an idiot, but also a yellow bellied A whole! (Sounds like???)
Oh and I found out today that the command center person that was on site next door, Laura, is still shaky about going back down there right now and being alone down there. Her boss has asked for volunteers to go in her place for a bit. This will not last too long as I know how much Laura really hates being at the BIG Command Center. They can be casual and it is easier to come and go when they want and is half as busy as the Brown Deer faculty. So she really has to be unnerved to give that up for even few days!

So the shooter shot himself? I thought I heard that an officer had shot him. He really is a coward then!

maldvs said:
So the shooter shot himself? I thought I heard that an officer had shot him. He really is a coward then!

They recently figured out that he did it himself. Probably didnt know until ballistics came back.

Holy moly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maldvs said:

The news here in NE Wisconsin was that he was shot in the leg by an officer and shot himself in the head.

They opened the temple again to the members yesterday. The Sikhs took time to clean up and to make things look great. They did however leave some signs of the tragedy so they could remember. There is a nasty looking bullet hole in one of the front door jams that will be there for as long as they deem necessary. You know, we all could really take a lead from the Sikhs. They have held their heads high and have even forgiven the gunman. Now, who the heck lives like that? I am not sure I could be like that. As much as I know everything happens for reason, I think I would have been mad as all get out still. Especially since they fixed the place up just so that they could mourn the loss of 6 of their own today. All I can say is WOW! And this nut job thought they were a treat some how?
Oh and have you seen the interviews with the two kids that sounded the alarm? Too cute! They live in Lake Geneva too where my folks live. That was funny to hear as that is just over an hours drive from the temple. Shows you just how wide spread they are. And how UN-threatening they are. All I can say right now is bless them all. And all of us for getting a crash course in their belief system. Education is the thing that changes everything. If you open your mind and let it in, it will expand your enlightenment of the world.
It is just too bad it took the deaths of 6 Innocent people to let us know who they are.

At least our tax dollars are not going to house, feed, medicate, and send that s.o.b. through our justice system for the next 50+ years.

As for the Sikhs' response, people of true faith show it in times of trials. I find it so moving that thousands plan to support them by joining them in mourning.

John, my Grandparents live in Lake Geneva. It was scary to hear about something like this happening so close to them, especially since my grandmother goes to a church around Milwaukee that is kind of an alternative religion. Just wish people would realize that as different as some religions can seem on the surface, they all have similar core values.

OMG! What a small world Sarah! My folks live in the trailer park at 120 and H called Pioneer Estates. And no jokes about trailer trash! It is a nice place, not like the ones you see in the seedy movies! But that is so cool. And yes, I would be a little worried about her as well. Hopefully no copy cats will come to haunt everyone. I am watching the "public" service as I type. The numbers of people present that are not Sikh is wonderful. And I can imagine there are so many like me, at watching in support as well. Eric Holder and Paul Ryan are in attendance as representatives of the US government. Makes me proud as we as Americans can come together. Even if it is in a time of such sorrow. Now if we could just make it so all the time. Without divisions, without fighting and without stupidity and ignorance. OOO that just scared me half to death! We have an air show this weekend and one of the jets just flew over to the point of my not being able to hear the TV. Anyway, gotta go. Gotta get to the store and do some house work at least. Although since this is the first day since June 25th I have not had to get up early and not head off to some where, I may not!

What is "You Know You Are Blessed When..."?

"You Know You Are Blessed When..." is a popular phrase and hashtag often used to express gratitude and appreciation for the blessings in one's life. It is often accompanied by a list of things or experiences that make one feel blessed.

How did "You Know You Are Blessed When..." start?

The origin of "You Know You Are Blessed When..." is unclear, but it gained popularity on social media platforms, particularly Twitter and Instagram, as a way to spread positivity and gratitude. It has since become a common phrase used in everyday language.

Can anyone use "You Know You Are Blessed When..."?

Yes, anyone can use "You Know You Are Blessed When..." to express their gratitude and blessings in life. It is a universal phrase that can be used by people of all ages, backgrounds, and beliefs.

Is there a specific format for "You Know You Are Blessed When..."?

No, there is no specific format for "You Know You Are Blessed When..." It can be written in a list format, with each item starting with the phrase, or it can be used in a sentence, such as "You know you are blessed when you have a loving family and good health."

How can I use "You Know You Are Blessed When..." in my Pampered Chef business?

"You Know You Are Blessed When..." can be used in various ways in your Pampered Chef business. You can use it as a hashtag on social media posts to show gratitude for your customers and team members. You can also incorporate it into your customer interactions to express appreciation and gratitude for their support. Additionally, you can use it as a theme for a gratitude-focused event or social media campaign.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AJPratt
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • krzymomof4
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies