• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting to Know You Even More :)

In summary, Chris has many oddities that are similar to mine, such as being double jointed in her elbows, being sensitive to certain smells, and being a terrible cook. I am also the only one in my family who can't roll my tongue.
peichef
So I had th brainwave to start this thread a couple of weeks ago -- before I left on vacation. Imagine my surprise when I got home & saw a "getting to know you" thread on here. But... my idea was a bit different than the other thread.

We all have qualities / quirks / experiences that are unique. So what quirky / odd / unusual traits, experiences, etc. do you think we should know about you?

I'll start:

I don't do yoga but I can put my feet behind my head.
My DD was born on my kitchen floor, delivered by my very squeamish DH. (And no we had not planned on a home birth).
I have "double jointed" hands & feet & tend to creep people out by bending my toes under my feet when I'm sitting. (It's actually my preferred way to sit as it is very comfortable).

Who is next? What are your quirks?

I still get afraid of the dark or the basement sometimes!

I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue, and so can my youngest son (6)...

I used to sell cars and did pretty well...

I'm related to someone famous...

You can't tease like that Cathy....WHO??

Oh yeah! I can roll my tongue!

Not that talented....
Always prepared for almost everything... almost...

I can stand with my heels together and my feet in a straight line...

Worked in healthcare for 8 years... LOVED the knowledge!!

Does any of that count???

*My favorite drink is chocolate milk mixed with Coke.
*I can 'pop' almost every joint in my body.
*I've spoken on the phone with both Orel Hershiser (very, very nice guy) and Bronson Pinchot (nice, but a little wierd).

I can roll my tongue
I know where every bathroom in every store is located (even the ones I have been to only once in my life)
I am a very quick decision maker (not always a good thing)
I am double jointed in my elbows, which makes for a very creepy sight!

I have played Henry Higgin's mother in "My Fair Lady" in my senior year of high school.
I am extremely sensitive to certain smells and cannot stand BO!
I wear steel-toed boots at work.
My dad ran away from home when he was 9 and joined the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus. (I know that wasn't about me but I thought you would find that interesting)

Wow 9 years old - his poor parents.

I can touch my nose w/my tongue too! I guess it's not that special:)!
I like to sing in the shower.
I don't have a tailbone.
I wish I could meet Paula Deen.
I got 3rd place at the Johnny Appleseed Festival Apple Pie Baking Contest.

woo hoo!! this is so fun :)
If weird food preferences count, may I add that one of my favourite treats since I was a little kid is ..... tuna on oreos.I'm the only one in my family (DH & 3 kids) who can't roll my tongue :(

DessertDivaFL said:
My dad ran away from home when he was 9 and joined the Ringling Bros. Barnum & Bailey Circus. (I know that wasn't about me but I thought you would find that interesting)

that is soo cool!!

Okay...um...what to say what to say...
I was a cheerleader in high school (explains my love affair w/ !!!!exclamation points!!!)
I managed to get into 6 car accidents in 6 months...one per month...then I totalled it...that was a few years back
I also can roll my tongue
I can cross only one eye at a time
I can wiggle my ears
I am a terrible cook...i dont even like to cook
I don't have a weird food fetish
I sing in the car like nobody's business, but not in the shower
I am sure I could think of other, more interesting things and when I do, I will let you know

Wowee, zowie! Some of you people are WEIRD!! (tuna on Oreos???) :confused::D

Hmmm, I was the Rush Springs Watermelon Festival Queen my senior year in HS!

I'm afraid I don't have any, um, especially talented body parts...

LOL Ok so my oddities seem to be similar to Chris'...

I can roll my tongue
I can wiggle my ears
I can wiggle my nose
I am the worst housewife ever, I dont cook , I dont clean, ok so I do, just not very often... (My friends were amazed when I signed with PC LOL)
I too was a cheerleader in high school 3 years, my senior year I joined the dance squad instead... but I am a computer/band nerd (played the sax)
My entire family on my moms side has a "fang" on the left side of our mouth, kind of a weird hereditary thing, my moms hangs over her lip sometimes
My hobby is motorcycles, I ride a crotch rocket
And, insanity set in last year when I got pregnant so my two kids are 10 years apart!

This is a great thread!

My list is short

I can roll my tongue
I was a 2-day Jeopardy champ a few years ago

DS can wiggle his ears and raise one eyebrow

Let's see. I can pick up almost anything with my toes.
I should get therapy because of my raising but choose not to.
I Stink with a capital "S" at softball. (I played church ball last year and my brother was my coach. He sat me on the bench the whole year except that one game where he stuck me at catcher and I got busted in the head with a ball). LOL
I love Paula Deen and wish she were my aunt.
I had braces on for 6 years when I was a kid.
I was cinderella in my 2nd grade play. I used to be waaay shy.
Played in the marching band for 2 years during high school (Flute and cymbols)
I get panic attacks at times, but especially over large bridges. They freak me out.

Hmm...where to begin...what would be odd to you guys...I WASN'T a tomboy in school. I was 4'6" - 80 lbs. when I started High School!
I could lift 550-600 lbs. on the leg press in High School.
I can play the organ and accordian (along with many other instruments). I own an antique organ, mellophone and accordian too.
I'm an engineer (not the kind that drives a train).
I got straight A's in my Master's program but definitely NOT in my undergrads.
Until college I was VERY, VERY shy! I wouldn't speak to anyone. Finally a professor in college bluntly told me to "get over it" or I wouldn't succeed in business. That did it - don't tell me I can't do something - I'll prove you wrong! ;) My HS teachers didn't believe it was me when I came back to visit because I talked...now I joke that you can't shut me up and I'm making up for the first 19 years of my life!
I am a state certified firefighter, a lifeguard, an EMT, and a certified diver.
Oh, and I NEVER had ANY wisdom teeth!OK, so I guess I'm just a geek...

Last edited:
Lets See:I grew up on a farm....and I mucked out barns, and baled hay, and helped butcher chickens, and all the other stuff that goes along with living the farm life.I was a cheerleader in High School! Captain of my squad for 2 years!I was the Bible Drill Champ for 4 years running in VBS when I was in Elementary School!I have a double BA degree in Bible & EducationI was single until I was 34 - and never planned on getting married OR having a child!I have all of my wisdom teeth....my mouth is big enough for all of them!:DMy best friend and I have known each other since birth - our moms are best friends too!Oh - and I have NEVER been called shy!

Last edited:
Cool thread....interesting stuff about everyone! :)

Okay, here's a few for me:
- I was a biathlete in the 1991 Canada Games
- I met Shania Twain, before her famous days
- I was madly in love with "MacGyver" (still have a soft spot for him! ;)) and kept a binder with all the clippings I could find about Richard Dean Anderson....even kept the show details that were in TV Guide! :eek: (Oh, and I have all the seasons on DVD....thanks to Mom! :))
- My fave snack....peanut butter and molasses mixed together....along with a nice big glass of milk!
- Sold life insurance for 9 months and then swore I would never sell anything again....funny how I ended up with PC!! :)

That's all I can think of for now....looking forward to reading more quirks about all of you! :)

Hmm...well the "tongue roll" is a hereditary thing. People used to say it was whether or not you were breast-fed as a baby... I can't do it either way! LOL!
I was born in Oak Ridge, TN, where they made parts of the Atom Bomb. I don't glow in the dark though!;)
The only place I sing :sing: is in the car, when I'm alone at home, singing to Praise Music CDs or with my 2 yo grandson when we are watching his cartoons.
I have learned a lot about classical music and art since him and me started watching "Little Einsteins" on Disney Channel about a year ago. He can name most orchestra instruments thanks to that show!:D
My Mom and Dad were STUNNED when she found out at the age of 35 with a 11 yo daughter and 13-1/2 yo son, they were going to be parents again! She was told she had "gone through the Change early and could not have any more children"! Famous last words...
I have always been very uncoordinated. I can't make any of my body parts do much of anything and walk with a cane currently due to a fall in the Worship Center at Church last December.
I have only lived in 4 cities (5 if you count college years) in my 55 years of life. I lived in one apartment for 21 years then moved 15 miles away to another city and lived there 11 years before moving to my current city June 2007. I moved twice since then but only because the one apartment was 2-story and I had a hard time with the steps.
To this day, merry go rounds/Carosels, ferris wheels, roller coasters, and anything else that goes up in the air makes me very sick! I can't even ride in the seat of a merry-go-round because the "round and round" part is what makes me sick.
I haven't been on vacation in almost 22 years! The last vacation I had was when my DD was 3-1/2 and we went with my husband (now my ex) to Jacksonville Beach, FL for his 2 weeks Naval Reserve Active Duty. I sent 10 of those days in a motel room most of the time with a little girl covered head to toe with chicken pox!:eek:
I do counted cross-stitch for "relaxation" and have a t-shirt that I made for a former pastor in Romania because the lady admired it so much and he gave it to her. I am still working on my grandson's birth announcement and hope to have it completed in a few weeks. I only have to put the name and birthdate on my granddaughter's since I made it for someone else then never gave it to her!:blushing: I am currently working on a sweatshirt for myself that I have started over on 5 times:cry: and am determined I will have it finished for this Thanksgiving!:angel:

That's all I can think of...sorry no "cool body parts!:cool:

I can raise one eyebrow
I played Lucy in Your A Good Man Charlie Brown when I was a sr. in HS:sing:
I usually stand balanced on my left leg w/my right foot on the side of left leg (like a stork...sorta) while doing dishes...been doing this since I was young
Ran directly into Bob Hope @ my college grad. (we were sneaking around trying to find him...opened a door and 'wham!' he was coming from the other side!)
Got a kiss on the cheek from John Davidson:love:
Was a Girl Scout from grade 2 - 12 and a leader for 2 years.
never use to talk....was very quiet....changed after I started teaching...now my husband would like to figure out how to keep me quiet and how to keep me from using my "teacher voice"...:D
Played sax in HS and still do in a not for profit marching band called Ballyoo (dancin...& crazy)...we raise $ for Toys for Tots
Got the Ohio Art Ed. Assoc. Middle School Division award in 2007 and the National Art Ed. Assoc. Middle School Division award in 2008 (didn't really tell too many people, most people at school didn't know and the local paper never printed anything about it, but I kinda felt good about it.....)

I have shoulder dimples - and I met 2 other women at conference that have them - we think they are cute

I have a "hitcher's thumb" - it bends back 90 degrees at the joint - from my mom

I decorate cakes pretty well

I cannot spell and have really bad handwriting, but I decided the 2nd was caused by the 1st. I figure if you can't read what I wrote, you can't tell I spelled it wrong - of course that doesn't apply when I type

I was a cheerleader 3 years in HS and 1 in college

I suck at housekeeping

I have a picture with me sitting next to Oprah - taken right after she put her hand on my 8 month pregnant belly and asked when I was due. I was at a taping of the show.

I don't like to throw things away - I might need it for something later - DH HATES this trait

Last edited:
oooh! this is fun!I hate tomatoes but love salsa and ketchup.
I have many random hobbies (cutting up tee's and turning them into different things and making hula hoops are some of my fav's)
I "won" last place in a slot tournament on my 21st bday and won $6000
I have a dog that is just as crazy and cute as I am!
My brother is a local legend (to the point of being annoying..."hey, aren't you so and so's sister???)
I am currently making a living working in an office one day a week, selling random stuff that I don't need on eBay and selling PC (no, I don't sell PC on eBay).

I cannot spell and have really bad handwriting, but I decided the 2nd was caused by the 1st. I figure if you can't read what I wrote, you can't tell I spelled it wrong - of course that doesn't apply when I type.... THIS IS SO ME!

I hate cheese, except on pizza, in Taco Ring and Taco Grande and macaroni.

I was told in 1985, by a urologist that I have "3" separate, healthy, completly functioning kidneys. Expains why I "pee" all the time. Oh, and both of my children have kidney problems.

I can roll my tongue.

People told my parents when I was young that I looked like "Punky Brewster" now people tell me I look like Liza Manelli.

My husband is 18yrs older than I and bought my engagment ring in Guam on the Navy base on the day that I was born, said he just knew one day he would need it. So he bought it, sent it home and it was in his safety deposit box until the night before he purposed to me.

Hey Robyn... I was in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown in high school as well... except I was a freshman and I think I played SallyI also was a cheerleader in high school. Plus I played varsity soccer and badminton.I was in 2 Nickelodeon bits when I was 8 - was totally sunburnt and wearing a neon green t-shirt -- and I have never seen them!I hosted a tv show (Generation US - a show for teens, by teens and about teens) in high school and set up the questions, and shot, edited and produced a video segment for the show. I also won 1st place in video editing in high school.

GourmetGirl said:
Hey Robyn... I was in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown in high school as well... except I was a freshman and I think I played Sally

I loved that musical and often find myself singing many of the songs!

me too! I even bought it on VHS and the soundtrack on CD when I found it :)

* I have never been a cheer leader.
* I can do any/all wierd eye crossings, or bone crackings
* I love and tolerate almost every spicy food ..except Indian food.. I tried...bad buffet...
* I bungee jumped in the 80's before it was regulated.
* When pregnant, I loved truelife murder-mystery books.
* I can curl my tongue.
* This year I found out that I am stronger than I ever imagined....emotionally and physically.
* I do not scrapbook
* I Love driving...fast (but, of course within the limit)!!! Even at $4.19 a gallon...thank goodness it is going down!!
* I am honest to a fault. I don't back down when I absolutely know I am right, even if it would be the easiest thing to to do.
* ...I let...my dog...sleep in our bed...(gasp!)...and gross!!

Chefgirl2 said:
* I have never been a cheer leader.
* I can do any/all wierd eye crossings, or bone crackings
* I love and tolerate almost every spicy food ..except Indian food.. I tried...bad buffet...
* I bungee jumped in the 80's before it was regulated.
* When pregnant, I loved truelife murder-mystery books.
* I can curl my tongue.
* This year I found out that I am stronger than I ever imagined....emotionally and physically.
* I do not scrapbook
* I Love driving...fast (but, of course within the limit)!!! Even at $4.19 a gallon...thank goodness it is going down!!
* I am honest to a fault. I don't back down when I absolutely know I am right, even if it would be the easiest thing to to do.
* ...I let...my dog...sleep in our bed...(gasp!)...and gross!!

$4.19 a gallon?!?! That is crazy! I filled up for $3.49/gallon tonight!

cwinter474 said:
My husband is 18yrs older than I and bought my engagment ring in Guam on the Navy base on the day that I was born, said he just knew one day he would need it. So he bought it, sent it home and it was in his safety deposit box until the night before he purposed to me.

That is one of the coolest things I have ever heard!

I love hearing stories like that...or how my brother and SIL lived in two states (OH and SC) and met while they were both on VACATION!! God certainly has our spouses picked out for us long before we are ever aware!

Ok - This is pretty fun!

I have a ability to "predict" something is going to happen, or read minds. NOT a pychic so to speak - my mom calls it my witching ability (ya, nice mom!)

I was a contestant on Family Feud with my mom and sisters.

I have a extra tooth in my mouth, but won't let the dentist pull it - Just in case....

Met my DH the day after he arrived in the US - basically 12 hours later - we have been together ever since - (24 years this month)

- I was almost my oldest brother's 6th birthday present (I was born 2 days later)
- My mother and father are cousins (by marriage)
- I can raise my left eyebrow like nobodiy's business
- my mom's side of the family sticks out their tongue when they're concentrating - it shows up in babies too
- I was voted Most School Spirit my Sr year in high school and people still mention it when I see them (14 years later)
- I broke my left wrist at the age of 20 the very first (and last time) I strapped on roller blades. 2 weeks later I drove to FL with my best friend.
- I was born with no wisdom teeth, so I am more evolved than some people
- I'm very afraid of the dark and make my husband come outside with me at night

I think that's all I've got

ETA: Oh yeah - Tom Bergeron (of Dancing with the Stars) is from Mass and used to have a talk show in Boston when I was a kid. My mom was a guest on his show when I was about 12 or 13 and I was in the audience. He asked me a question on tv and I stared at him. LOL

Last edited:
My brother was born 3 days before my 3rd birthday!Little fact...you aren't born with wisdom teeth, they start growing around age 10-12.
I have none too as mentioned above, but won't claim that I'm evolved more, just blessed because God knew they wouldn't fit in my mouth!

PamperedDor said:
Met my DH the day after he arrived in the US - basically 12 hours later - we have been together ever since - (24 years this month)

That is so cool where did your DH life before the US?

I don't have much to add. I have lived on the same street my whole life. I can cross my big toe over the next one and when I am sitting down I usually have it that way. I can also pick up most things with my toes. I have never broken a bone. Thats it for me.

cathyskitchen said:

Okay so who is it? Or at least give us some clues and we can play the guessing game.

OK, here goes:

** I was on my Varsity badminton team in high school all four years (I also played basketball and volleyball, but not the whole 4 years)

** I've seen Kenny Loggins in concert probably about 12-15 times since 1985 or so - never met him yet. Hopefully that'll change when I go to his next concert on Oct. 4th.

** I worked for over 5 years on an inpatient psychiatric unit for children and adolescents until I "retired" thanks to PC. My last name is "Gosain" - pronounced "go-sane," which is a great name working on a psych unit.

** I've had two weddings, but I've never been divorced. I'm still married to the same wonderful person. (Ok, he's Indian and we had a traditional Indian (Hindu) wedding and a traditional American/Episcopalian wedding. We had two totally separate weddings one week apart when we got married 10 years ago.)

I think that's it. I can't think of anything else all that quirky. :D:D

okay... my turn...
Grew up on a farm. Was driving tractors since 10. was milking cows at 12.
AI certified at 18.
was next to the shortest in my class through out school.
never touched a computer till 3rd year in the army!
was married 20+ years.
coached little league baseball 8 years, on district staff for 5 years as Information officer and Softball Administrator.
coached travel team softball 3 years
sunday school teacher for 7 years (2nd and 3rd grade)
no special physical tallents.
always asked to sing tenner (that is 10 or more miles away).

okay.... you guys have inspired me....did have wisdom teeth (pulled before the erupted) but never got one of my lower front teeth.
related to Abe Lincoln & Princess Diana
play a mean tympani (was the section leader & assistant to conductor in my hs band)

GourmetGirl said:
I filled up for $3.49/gallon tonight!

I wish! I was excited when I saw it for $3.99/gallon.

Ok let me see what I can add....

*I hate being late to anything, to the point I am almost neurotic about it. :)
*I meet DH on-line.
*My DH and I were married exactly one month after my divorce was final. We sent the invite's out even before the divorce was final.:eek:
*I now live on a small farm and that was after being a city girl for all of my life. (Never thought I would be helping birth pigs and chasing cow's and goats in my front yard.:))

PamperedDor said:

Where's he from?

Ok,let's see if I can remember everything about me.
* I have broken bones over 20 times in my life
* I can't wistle to save my life
* My small toe on my left foot is very flat (b/c it is missing a knuckle or something), my friends call it the pancake toe b/c that is how flat it it
* I can roll my tongue but I can also make it look like a crab's shell (it is really weird)
* I can flare my nostrils
* I still have my wisdom teeth and the doctor's say there's no need to take them out
* I was Homecoming Queen my senior year in HS
* I have to sleep with ear plugs every night or I can't sleep at all
* I can't sleep by myself, even at a hotel I make DH sleep closest to the door
* Until getting married 2 years ago, I lived in the same house my whole life
* My uncle is best friends with "Bobby" (Robert) Deniro and Tony Curtis (so DH thinks that he knows Kevin Bacon through the 6 degrees of separation :))
* My other uncle married his sister (before their parents met and feel in love)
* I have no musical talent whatsoever, but DH can play the guitar, piano, saxsaphone, accordian

It has been fun reading everything so here is mine not to exciting.

I have 1 ear that sticks out and my poor son got that same trait. (poor kid)
I still have my wisdom teeth but I did have 12yr old molars pulled instead.
I am a pretty shy person but am getting away from that due to PC
I can roll my tongue
I played the clarinet in HS till my Jr yr
I have never seen the ocean/beach even though I have been to California
I had lived in the same house from birth till I moved away for college. My parents still live there.

KellyTheChef said:
That is one of the coolest things I have ever heard!

I love hearing stories like that...or how my brother and SIL lived in two states (OH and SC) and met while they were both on VACATION!! God certainly has our spouses picked out for us long before we are ever aware!

Kelly, that is so true! God has a plan there is no doubt. Everyone thought I was crazy. We worked at the same place, he always had to use the phone in my deptment so we talked daily. Before we really did go anywhere together, Valentines day was coming and I was helping in out in the floral department, as he was walking by I asked him just out of the blue... "whatcha gonna get me for Valentine's day?"... well the day started out with a greeting card delivered every hour, a bottle of pink champagne at 2pm... and a 3pound box of cholocates at 3pm... and a dozen roses delivered at 4pm by him personally.....

THEN he asked me out, then he got hurt (knee) so we didn't get to go, then I got sick and had to cancel on him.... He had been going out with my son and I to baseball games and such. One day he took us out for pizza afterwards... My son, got out of the car singing the wedding march... he purposed inside, NO, he hadn't told my son of eight. It was so sweet, he asked my son for permission to marry me.......

My parents flipped, mostly mom, cried for days, carried a pillow around with her. You see he is only 16months younger than my mom and 21months younger than my dad. Everyone thought I was crazy. We hadn't even dated, we had NEVER gone anywhere just the two of us, not even to lunch at work. That was almost 19yrs in September. So I should add one more odd thing to my list.......

I married a man I NEVER dated. (I thought of a few more)

I was born on my parents first wedding anniversary. Doctors told her she carried me 10months.

I've never lived alone and never moved until I married.

When I was a child, I collected "dirt" from every state we went to on vacation.

I LOVE rollypolies (spelt right?)

Last edited:
cathyskitchen said:

come on kathy! whooooo???

cwinter474 said:

that is sooooo sweet.
& the age difference now isnt a big deal. but its funny to think he was 18 when you were born. my bf is 6 years older than me & i tease him that when he graduated hs in 1998, i was in 7th grade.

okay. a little about me. im actually pretty normal i think:

:chef:i was a daffodil festival princess in 2004.
:chef:i am still very involved with the festival & will be doing a fundraiser for them on the 24th. (already at $1000 in sales. my goal is to be in CN for top 10 fundraisers)
:chef:i cheered in high school all three years & my freshman year of college. go cougs!
:chef:i was/am a member of the gamma phi beta sorority - beta sigma chapter.
:chef:i eat ketchup on everything.
:chef:my parents were in high school when they had me - & are still married 23 years later.
:chef:my parents also have said i was conceived after a journey concert. which might be why i LOVE journey (going to see them with cheap trick & heart on sept 19th)
:chef:after my mom graduated high school we moved to south korea where my dad was stationed. they couldnt afford a crib so my dad brought home a missle crate, spray painted it yellow & put a mattress in it.
:chef:my black lab is my best friend.
:chef:i am on the 5 year plan to get my degree. ill be graduating with a bachelors in criminal justice in december. then its law school - here i come.

Last edited:
cwinter474 said:
Kelly, that is so true! God has a plan there is no doubt. Everyone thought I was crazy. We worked at the same place, he always had to use the phone in my deptment so we talked daily. Before we really did go anywhere together, Valentines day was coming and I was helping in out in the floral department, as he was walking by I asked him just out of the blue... "whatcha gonna get me for Valentine's day?"... well the day started out with a greeting card delivered every hour, a bottle of pink champagne at 2pm... and a 3pound box of cholocates at 3pm... and a dozen roses delivered at 4pm by him personally.....

THEN he asked me out, then he got hurt (knee) so we didn't get to go, then I got sick and had to cancel on him.... He had been going out with my son and I to baseball games and such. One day he took us out for pizza afterwards... My son, got out of the car singing the wedding march... he purposed inside, NO, he hadn't told my son of eight. It was so sweet, he asked my son for permission to marry me.......

My parents flipped, mostly mom, cried for days, carried a pillow around with her. You see he is only 16months younger than my mom and 21months younger than my dad. Everyone thought I was crazy. We hadn't even dated, we had NEVER gone anywhere just the two of us, not even to lunch at work. That was almost 19yrs in September. So I should add one more odd thing to my list.......

I married a man I NEVER dated.

What a beautiful story!

My turn.
The only thing that I can think of that is different than most guys is my involvement with the Girl Scouts. I think I'm starting my 17th year. I've been a Troop Leader, Outdoor Trainer, and Cookie Chair for about 50 troops. I've been on TV as Volunteer of the Month. This experience came in handy at Conference being one of a very few guys.

My husband is 12 years older then me.
When something goes down the wrong pipe and I am choking, I ALWAYS sneeze after that. (my dad's sister does the same thing)
I was in Girl Scouts from 1st grade thru 12th
I was a cheerleader in HS
I worked for 8 yrs at Costco
Earned a BA in Education, took me 7 years, taught for one year, and to be honest, don't ever want to teach again. (Bad experience in a bad district).
My mother in law is THE BEST! We get along so well!
My initals are VW and I drive a VW New Beetle.
I am growing my first ever tomato plant this summer and I am KNOWN for killing plants! But its thriving!
My bday is 7-8-78!

...I guess that's all for now!

Ann F said:
Where's he from?

He is from Ireland!

Oh - heres another - I am my mothers 4th child - BORN on her 25th birthday, I had my 4th child (a girl) on my 33rd birthday (My Moms 58th birthday) - No pressure on my kid! LOL!!! So we all have the same birthday!

Only 1 of my kids (and actual members of my direct fam of 7) have their own birthday - (not shared with anyone else in our extended families!)

Last edited:
I can tie a cherry stem in a knot using only my tongue and my teeth- and untie it as well.

I broke my arm 3 times in 4 months when I was 9
I am ambedextrous (able to write with both left and right hands legibly)
I had a full ride scholarship for my voice- but tragically I had to forefit it-not willing to go into that- too sad)

I have royalty in my family tree
I can see in the dark- amazingly well
I cannot snap my fingers or do a cartwheel- but I was a cheerleader! I was in my twenties when I learned to whistle.♪♫

I was class President my Jr. & Sr. years in H.S
I was in advanced placement biology classes
I was Student Council Prez
I was Homecoming Queen
I was Lead Alto 2 years in a row in Choir
I was engaged twice before I met and married my DH.

I cannot watch scary TV shows without someone else being home (and yes, CSI is scary to me!)

I was comforted by an angel disguised as a doctor when I was injured in the AF. No one can account for the doctor that I was treated by- :eek:

<h2>1. What do you do for a living?</h2><p>I work for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that specializes in kitchen tools and cooking products.</p><h2>2. What inspired you to start this thread?</h2><p>I had the idea to start this thread a couple of weeks ago, before I left on vacation. I wanted to get to know my fellow Pampered Chef colleagues and learn about their unique qualities and experiences.</p><h2>3. Can you share a quirky or odd trait about yourself?</h2><p>I can put my feet behind my head, even though I don't do yoga. It's always a fun party trick!</p><h2>4. What is the most unusual experience you've had?</h2><p>My daughter was born on my kitchen floor, delivered by my very squeamish husband. It was definitely not planned, but it made for a great story.</p><h2>5. Do you have any other unique physical abilities?</h2><p>I have "double jointed" hands and feet, which tends to creep people out. I can easily bend my toes under my feet when I'm sitting, which is actually my preferred way to sit because it's very comfortable for me.</p>

Related to Getting to Know You Even More :)

1. What do you do for a living?

I work for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that specializes in kitchen tools and cooking products.

2. What inspired you to start this thread?

I had the idea to start this thread a couple of weeks ago, before I left on vacation. I wanted to get to know my fellow Pampered Chef colleagues and learn about their unique qualities and experiences.

3. Can you share a quirky or odd trait about yourself?

I can put my feet behind my head, even though I don't do yoga. It's always a fun party trick!

4. What is the most unusual experience you've had?

My daughter was born on my kitchen floor, delivered by my very squeamish husband. It was definitely not planned, but it made for a great story.

5. Do you have any other unique physical abilities?

I have "double jointed" hands and feet, which tends to creep people out. I can easily bend my toes under my feet when I'm sitting, which is actually my preferred way to sit because it's very comfortable for me.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies