• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

I Have a Request for All Newbies to This Site...

In summary, the conversation addresses the issue of reviving old threads and reminds readers to use common sense when reading and commenting on them. It also mentions the potential consequences of reviving old and controversial threads. There is also a playful discussion about a photo of Burt Reynolds and attempts to bring the conversation back to the original topic.
pampered1224
Silver Member
And to the rest of us... IF YOU CHOOSE TO READ PAST THREADS THAT GO BACK FURTHER THAN 3 MONTHS, READ THEM. PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THEM! Most of the info is now out of date but some of these threads should remain buried for all our sakes. These threads caused a lot of bad feelings and even created some major enemies amongst our "family". There was an old thread posted out here several years ago that became totally off subject and extremely heated. That thread was laid to rest in those times. March 2009 to be exact. It was a very socially toxic subject. Use common sense when reading these types of threads. Never comment on them when they seem to go way off topic. By commenting you only bring them back to the forefront and bring up old hurt and bad feelings. These were buried for a reason and we really, really, REALLY need them to stay that way. Please, for the sake of all of us, think before posting to any toxic thread, old or new. I know from experience that it is never a good thing. Thank you.
And yes, I meant to RAISE MY VOICE.Edit at 2:17 a.m. February 2, 2012. Jane is right. Going back is OK. However, in my opinion, it is always better to start a new thread than to post to old ones.

Last edited:
It's also a good idea to look in the upper left hand corner of the posts. The date that was posted is there. Sometimes someone will go to an old thread because they need something or current events/discussions make it relevant again. Most "resurrections" are due to people finding a good idea and commenting on it not looking at the date.

We're not asking you not to comment on threads or look at old ones, there is a wealth of information on this forum. We just ask that you be aware of the age of the thread you are reading. If you do have a question, sometimes it's better to start a new thread while other times, old threads get bumped for a reason which is usually stated at the time. For example "bumping... because new product XYZ will work great for this idea."

While you're at it (shameless plug alert) take a gander at The Hitchhiker's Guide to Chef Success where a lot of your questions are answered. (You can just click on the title.)Thanks, John, for bringing this up.

Oh John...You're just afraid that someone will find my Burt pictures and taunt you with them, aren't you?! lol
I :love: You boyfriend!!

You mean, this one?
Burt.jpg

Last edited:
The_Kitchen_Guy said:
You mean, this one?

Burt.jpg

Nah, it was actually here http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/those-us-over-40-years-old-30614/index4.html, post #65. BUt the photo is no longer there. I guess it went away when I deleted my Photobucket account. But, for those of you daring enough, you can look at it here :D Untitled Document If you are easily offended...don't look!

ok, while I was typing my post, you edited yours....yep, that's my Burt!

You can click on the link to see the entire picture, since KG cropped it! :p

pamperedlinda said:
Nah, it was actually here http://www.chefsuccess.com/f18/those-us-over-40-years-old-30614/index4.html, post #65. BUt the photo is no longer there. I guess it went away when I deleted my Photobucket account. But, for those of you daring enough, you can look at it here :D Untitled Document If you are easily offended...don't look!

ok, while I was typing my post, you edited yours....yep, that's my Burt!

You can click on the link to see the entire picture, since KG cropped it! :p

I'm not easily offended... by anything... so I clicked... yikes! To think Burt is a sex symbol and that was taken in 1972... eek! LOL

Well, SOME of us were trying to stay in the realm of good taste.Oh, wait. This is a place that talks about things that taste good.Never mind.

vanscootin said:
I'm not easily offended... by anything... so I clicked... yikes! To think Burt is a sex symbol and that was taken in 1972... eek! LOL

Oh yeah, he was so HOT back then!

My Eyes! My Eyes! They're burning....arrrrgghhhh!:cry::cry::cry:

And why do I always associate the Burt picture with the Wave picture?

I would like to bring a little decorum back to the thread (I can at least try!!!) and thank John for asking people not to revive my old fights. I don't know how people are finding the old threads b/c whenever I try to search for a thread I can never find anything among the 1,000 threads that come up.

Burt was as furry as the rug he's on.

ChefBeckyD said:
My Eyes! My Eyes! They're burning....arrrrgghhhh!:cry::cry::cry:

And why do I always associate the Burt picture with the Wave picture?

Funny, I do too. lol

Dare I ask...what Wave picture? (okay, do I need to shield my eyes for that?!) :D :blushing:

I'm sure TKG will put it on here soon...

babywings76 said:
Dare I ask...what Wave picture? (okay, do I need to shield my eyes for that?!) :D :blushing:

I'm not remembering it either...I may be sorry for saying that too :rolleyes:

Gotta love our CS Family, LOL. Always good for a laugh :D.

Now back to the original subject; I believe discretion should be used when and when not to revive an old thread. When the subject is a helpful business topic, (for example, "Should I call old leads?" might be one) it can be informative to have more ideas to add on to that thread). Another optioin would be to start a new thread but attach the link to the old thread in it.

But yes indeed, no pots need to be stirred with digging up touchy subjects.

Does anyone know where I can get pictures of products with the prices.....I am doing a Bridal Board and 4 items that I need I am missing pictures?
Thanks,
Anita

awjacks1105 said:
Does anyone know where I can get pictures of products with the prices.....I am doing a Bridal Board and 4 items that I need I am missing pictures?
Thanks,
Anita

I would suggest opening a thread in "Bridal Showers" instead of tacking onto this thread which has nothing to do with your question.

Well thank you all for taking a serious subject and making it not! I have contact Greg and DebPC to remove the thread from host coaching as people have started posting crap to it again.
And yes, Burt was so hot in the day!

:D John- I had to snicker at your comment. But did you remember watching "Friends"? The character 'Chandler' would make smart-alicky comments to ease the tension of a situation.....this thread makes me think of that character. ;) Trying to ease the tension a bit....

And why do you think I made the comment about Burt being hot in the day! I try very hard to not take myself so seriously! By the way, the thread is gone. Deb called me after she got the message I left and she got it gone!

pampered1224 said:
And why do you think I made the comment about Burt being hot in the day!

ummm...are you making fun of my Burt????

Nope not in the least Linda. I just could not and would NOT want to see him do that now is what I meant!

pampered1224 said:
Nope not in the least Linda. I just could not and would NOT want to see him do that now is what I meant!

agreed! But, he was hot in his day!

pampered1224 said:
And why do you think I made the comment about Burt being hot in the day! I try very hard to not take myself so seriously! By the way, the thread is gone. Deb called me after she got the message I left and she got it gone!

Seriously? Now how am I going to know who to go back to & ask for support when I run for President? :eek:

Sheila said:
Seriously? Now how am I going to know who to go back to & ask for support when I run for President? :eek:

You just can't leave well enough alone, can you!? *thwap*

LOL These are important things a candidate needs to know ... ;)

Sheila said:

Start a new thread!!! That's what you're supposed to do! Then in 3 years, after all the mud slinging is over, it can be brought back up, reslung, etc.

I can hear it now....if you listen carefully, you can hear John banging his head on the table right now in frustration! ;)Sorry John- I had nothing to do with it! (Sheila's with little kids too long during the day...she needs to get out more!!)

Oy, I do need to get out more. SL is costing me a small fortune to pay a sitter while I'm gone. LOL

If I was President I could just have a sitter on staff, huh? Or at least an FBI agent or two who I could put in charge of them for the day. Could you imagine trying to do a Cooking Show with the FBI in tow? I bet they'd require the guest list in advance to check for terrorists. Bet every host would have a good turn out for their event though. LOL

Technically, it would be the Secret Service. :D
Have you ever watched "First Kid"?? ;)

pamperedlinda said:
ummm...are you making fun of my Burt????

I hope not. It's such a cute little Burt. ;)

babywings76 said:

BethCooks4U said:
I'm sure TKG will put it on here soon...

By popular demand…

leaf_blower.jpg

Ah, yes. You are right ... the Secret Service. LOL Man, trying to multi-task with a headache and 2 toddlers who are acting like they've been possessed by alien children hyped up on sugar is not a good combination for typing apparently. I'm having a rough time today! LOL

Sounds more like you need the Men in Black more than the Secret Service.

Today, that probably would have been true.

oooo...that would be FUN. ;)

Good point, John, about bringing certain threads back to life that shouldn't be.

I have noticed quite few OLD threads being bumped in the past few months. It actually seems as if it has been happening with more frequency lately. I have found myself reading through some of these old threads, thinking "huh?" before realizing just how old they are.

Another issue would be that someone may take time to answer the OP only to find out that it is a really old issue on a very old thread that is not a problem anymore.

Also, sometimes it brings really old, outdated attachments back into play (with outdated info). Not a problem if everyone is aware of the date, but I could see new consultants possibly using these in error without realizing.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
By popular demand…
leaf_blower.jpg
Thank you TKG! Now I can go to sleep dreaming of pictures of Burt, and the Waver. This should be interesting....

Sheila said:
Ah, yes. You are right ... the Secret Service. LOL Man, trying to multi-task with a headache and 2 toddlers who are acting like they've been possessed by alien children hyped up on sugar is not a good combination for typing apparently. I'm having a rough time today! LOL

You are too funny! :) And I have 1 of those toddlers too and on a daily basis he acts like an alien children on sugar! I love and dislike this age at the same time! I would vote for you for President! ;)

ChefBeckyD said:
Thank you TKG! Now I can go to sleep dreaming of pictures of Burt, and the Waver.

This should be interesting....

I'm not sure either Burt OR the Leaf Blo…er…Waver would like to be in the same dream together.

pchockeymom said:
Start a new thread!!! That's what you're supposed to do! Then in 3 years, after all the mud slinging is over, it can be brought back up, reslung, etc.

Good idea!

We'd rather hijack a new thread.

Heck, we'll hijack any thread but especially a new one.

threadjacked.gif

Oh yes.....THAT 'wave'!!!! I remember him! LOL

Yep, I remember that "Wave". lol Where on earth do you guys find this stuff?!!! :D

I showed the Waver to Pat - He just about died laughing! Neither of us would have even dared to dress that flamboyantly! We would have had the snot beat out of us! However, I bet he had dreams of Burt!

pampered1224 said:
And to the rest of us... IF YOU CHOOSE TO READ PAST THREADS THAT GO BACK FURTHER THAN 3 MONTHS, READ THEM. PLEASE DO NOT POST TO THEM! Most of the info is now out of date but some of these threads should remain buried for all our sakes. These threads caused a lot of bad feelings and even created some major enemies amongst our "family". There was an old thread posted out here several years ago that became totally off subject and extremely heated. That thread was laid to rest in those times. March 2009 to be exact. It was a very socially toxic subject. Use common sense when reading these types of threads. Never comment on them when they seem to go way off topic. By commenting you only bring them back to the forefront and bring up old hurt and bad feelings. These were buried for a reason and we really, really, REALLY need them to stay that way. Please, for the sake of all of us, think before posting to any toxic thread, old or new. I know from experience that it is never a good thing. Thank you.
And yes, I meant to RAISE MY VOICE.

Edit at 2:17 a.m. February 2, 2012. Jane is right. Going back is OK. However, in my opinion, it is always better to start a new thread than to post to old ones.

HA! Thanks for this....isnt that what you said when you 'bumped' it up again to say that to me the first time? Like I explained the first time you said this, I was looking for information about host training. Yes, I am new here, and that is why I am looking for information! I was SO discusted by the comments I read on that thread I just wrote it without thinking about it. To be honest, as close as it was to the beginning it didnt dawn on me that it was from "way back in the day". Now you've brought it here to further "raise your voice" and make your point, do you feel better now? See, this is kinda what I was talking about - but hey, if you feel better now thats all that really matters I suppose :rolleyes:

And for the record, I dont really think that someone reading/posting is the problem my friend, I think the problem is with what people felt free enough to write in the first place! But hey, you wanna blame me, go for it!

Kelley - show me in my post where I singled you out. Then we can talk. I addressed this thread to everyone. Even myself as I almost posted a nasty on that thread but controlled myself enough not to. Others did not. It was meant for all of us.

Last edited:
Its Kelley, with an e, thank you.

If you are all about control, perhaps you can stop screaming? Since the thread was yesterday, and you said the same exact thing there as here, and because I am new, yeah, it looks as if you are speaking to me. It also appears that the thread has been removed, my question would be why didnt you have that done "way back then" if it was such an issue to you?

Whatever, have a great day!

<H2>1. Why should I avoid posting to old threads on this site?</H2><p>Posting to old threads can bring up past hurt and bad feelings, causing unnecessary conflict and tension within our community. It's best to let these threads remain buried for the sake of everyone's well-being.</p><H2>2. Is it ever okay to comment on older threads?</H2><p>In some cases, it may be appropriate to comment on an old thread if it is still relevant and does not contain any toxic or contentious subject matter. Use your best judgment and think before posting.</p><H2>3. Can I still read old threads on this site?</H2><p>Yes, you are free to read any thread on this site, regardless of its age. However, it's important to consider the potential impact of commenting on older threads and to use caution when doing so.</p><H2>4. What should I do if I come across a toxic or contentious thread?</H2><p>If you encounter a thread that contains sensitive or divisive subject matter, it's best to simply move on and avoid commenting on it. Bringing up old conflicts can be harmful and counterproductive.</p><H2>5. How can I contribute to a positive and respectful community on this site?</H2><p>By being mindful of the potential impact of our words and actions, we can all contribute to a welcoming and supportive community. This includes avoiding posting to old and potentially harmful threads and using caution when discussing sensitive topics.</p>

1. Why should I avoid posting to old threads on this site?

Posting to old threads can bring up past hurt and bad feelings, causing unnecessary conflict and tension within our community. It's best to let these threads remain buried for the sake of everyone's well-being.

2. Is it ever okay to comment on older threads?

In some cases, it may be appropriate to comment on an old thread if it is still relevant and does not contain any toxic or contentious subject matter. Use your best judgment and think before posting.

3. Can I still read old threads on this site?

Yes, you are free to read any thread on this site, regardless of its age. However, it's important to consider the potential impact of commenting on older threads and to use caution when doing so.

4. What should I do if I come across a toxic or contentious thread?

If you encounter a thread that contains sensitive or divisive subject matter, it's best to simply move on and avoid commenting on it. Bringing up old conflicts can be harmful and counterproductive.

5. How can I contribute to a positive and respectful community on this site?

By being mindful of the potential impact of our words and actions, we can all contribute to a welcoming and supportive community. This includes avoiding posting to old and potentially harmful threads and using caution when discussing sensitive topics.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Buy Pampered Chef Items
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • Admin Greg
  • Products and Tips
2 3 4 5 6
Replies
Views
esavvymom