• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Getting to Know You Even More :)

In summary, Chris has many oddities that are similar to mine, such as being double jointed in her elbows, being sensitive to certain smells, and being a terrible cook. I am also the only one in my family who can't roll my tongue.
Kattyschack said:
Ok,let's see if I can remember everything about me.
* I have broken bones over 20 times in my life
* I can't wistle to save my life
* My small toe on my left foot is very flat (b/c it is missing a knuckle or something), my friends call it the pancake toe b/c that is how flat it it
* I can roll my tongue but I can also make it look like a crab's shell (it is really weird)
* I can flare my nostrils
* I still have my wisdom teeth and the doctor's say there's no need to take them out
* I was Homecoming Queen my senior year in HS
* I have to sleep with ear plugs every night or I can't sleep at all
* I can't sleep by myself, even at a hotel I make DH sleep closest to the door
* Until getting married 2 years ago, I lived in the same house my whole life
* My uncle is best friends with "Bobby" (Robert) Deniro and Tony Curtis (so DH thinks that he knows Kevin Bacon through the 6 degrees of separation :))
* My other uncle married his sister (before their parents met and feel in love)
* I have no musical talent whatsoever, but DH can play the guitar, piano, saxsaphone, accordian

I had molars REMOVED to make room for my wisdom teeth because I was born with two sets of 12 year molars! Too funny!

hmmm, let's see...

*I am a certified interior designer*
*I read palms*
*I have only ever had one panic attack and it was on Mt.Pilatus in Switzerland*
*I predicted my grandmothers, my cousin and uncles deaths*
*I can roll my tongue*
*I have deja vu all the time*
*I love history and documentary programs*
*I love to read anything by Ann Rule*
*I have seen TONS of famous people*
*I am scared to be in bodies of water, yet I can swim like a fish*
*I have known my hubby for 21 years, been married for 12*
*When I was 7 years old I promised my grandfather I would see his home country, I kept my promise*
*I saw Pope John Paul the 2nd twice*
*My husband and I were delivered by the same doctor*

Last edited:
I love this game :~D

-I, too, stand like a stork when I'm at the kitchen sink and I've been doing that since I was little, too!
-I LOVE collard greens & pig tails, lima beans & rice, and fried cornbread with whole kernel corn fried on the stovetop.
-when I was 7 I had to walk to school with my 2 younger brothers. In arkansas, in the snow, up and down the hills, across the railroad tracks to get to school because my mom had 4 other small children and no vehicle to take us to school. The bus wouldn't pick you up if you lived within 2 miles and we were exactly 2 miles.
-my husband and I are Southern Gospel Singers
-I got married when I was 19
-I taught myself how to play the piano, the tambourine, and the spoons.
-My husband and I are the Youth director's at church
-we go to nursing homes to sing to the residents
-I placed All State and All county in chorus in jr and sr high school
-I'm 30 and work from the home (I love PC)
-I can crack my feet, toes, ankles, arms, wrists, fingers, back, and neck
-I have a bicorduate uterus (it's heart shaped instead of the upside down triangle it should be)

That's all I can think of right now.

byrd1956 said:
I usually stand balanced on my left leg w/my right foot on the side of left leg (like a stork...sorta) while doing dishes...been doing this since I was young

Oh wow, my Mom does that!! I've never seen anyone else do it either!

sk8rgrrl99 said:
Oh wow, my Mom does that!! I've never seen anyone else do it either!

My mom's best friend (aka my second mom...) has done that for as long as I can remember!

My husband proposed to me Halloween. I was born October 21, 10 days too early! I LOVE Halloween!!

I spent my honeymoon in a shelter in Mexico because of Hurricane Wilma! :(

I love to cook and entertain.

I got my BSW, Bachelor of Social Work, from MTSU

I am an organizational freak. I just got a new desk for our office and I am struggling because everything doesn't have a place yet.

I have never done a show in the city where I live!!! But, I hope to soon!!

Let's see...

I love broccoli and I love cheese but I can't stand them together

I won a chilli cook-off for best tasting with vegetarian healthy chilli!

I figure skated for 14 years then played ice hockey, now I rollerblade. I'm a klutz in shoes but great on skates

I met my boyfriend on match.com

I as adopted yet I still find myself asking my Mom things like "how did you do that when you were pregnant" or "do we have heart disease in our family?"

sk8rgrrl99 said:
Let's see...

I love broccoli and I love cheese but I can't stand them together

I won a chilli cook-off for best tasting with vegetarian healthy chilli!

I figure skated for 14 years then played ice hockey, now I rollerblade. I'm a klutz in shoes but great on skates

I met my boyfriend on match.com

I as adopted yet I still find myself asking my Mom things like "how did you do that when you were pregnant" or "do we have heart disease in our family?"

Oh! That reminded me of something about me that DH thinks is quirky....

I LOVE Cheese, and I LOVE Hamburgers...but I HATE Cheeseburgers! If I get cheese on a burger, I have to peel it all off before I can eat it!

The only shoulder rubbing I've done with anyone famous.....well, when I was 24, Rich Mullins proposed to me!:D

When I was born I weighed 3 lbs and the dr told my parents I wouldn't survive

I learned to read before I was 4 yrs old

I grew up on a dairy farm and my father owns 800 acres

I was in 4H for 10 yrs and had Grand Champion calves 2 yrs in a row at our county fair

I had braces for 6 yrs

In high school I was on the Newspaper staff and I was the school photographer for our yearbook

I met my husband online

I live next door to my parents in my dad's farmhouse where he grew up. The house I live in also happens to be the house my parents lived in when they first married and had me.

I am not athletic at all but I am obsessed with anything sports related

My 4 yr old daughter looks EXACTLY like my younger sister and acts like her too!

My mother is a professional dog handler and has been in the Westminster Dog Show for years but I own no dogs and don't plan on it!

I am ambidextrous

I won the Conference Shopping spree 3 yrs ago

What a fun thread!

- I hate chocolate. I will not eat ANYTHING that is pure chocolate, intensely chocolate flavoured etc. But more than chocolate I hate the flavour "fudge". Blech. My BF is trying to teach me to love chocolate, but I don't think I ever will. My one exception - I love chocolate milk!

- I think the Beatles are way overrated and though I can tolerate the music I would never seek it out.

- I am rediscovering my bossy streak. In kindergarten I was named "most likely to be a leader", which is code for "a bossy little thing", haha. After 16 more years I am getting in touch with my bossy streak, I spent many years being laughably shy.

- In that vein, I told my BF when he comes home for good (he has a 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off job in city about 1-2 hours away by plane) he will propose and we will get married.

- I'm an atheist! (Worth mentioning, I thought, since it is definitely not the norm on this board and is an "unusual" trait here, at least.)

- I met my boyfriend at work, and stole him away from my manager, who was in a serious relationship but also trying to get Zach. (I guess he's just that awesome!) Clearly, I won. I was not her favourite after that though.

I think that's everything weird or interesting about me.:D

*I've never had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich
*I have ADD & have never been able to spell I was diagnosed at 18yrs old
*I never met either of my real grandfathers
*My dad was in Vietnam & was sprayed with agent orange & we now know that is why I have a form of scoliosis (sp?) & he also had prostate cancer which is also linked to the agent orange - lots of birth defects caused by agent orange not me just others
*I had a nose job but didn't get my nostrils done so now they flare real big - lol
*I LOVE boiled okra yet I can't eat some foods b/c of their texture - like onions have to be cut up super small or I freak out...really weird I know
*I've only lived in Arkansas
*Doctors are always impressed that I lost very little blood in my surgeries
*I had my upper jaw cut out, moved forward & placed back with plates & screws b/c my bite was bad & causing me problems
*I can also curl/roll my tongue
*My first & middle name start with the middle initials of my parents - my moms middle name is Kay = Kasey my dads middle name is Douglas = Dee
*NO ONE has EVER spelled my last name correct - Heral - my first name is hard on 99.9% of the people too
*My boyfriend (we own a home together so need a new name for more than boyfriend) is 7 years younger than me & his birthday is the same as my Shitzu Jake which I had before I met Larry
*Larry (bf) & his father are the first two men Jake has not tried to attack (he doesn't like men at all)
*I am a Chi Omega
*I was a cheerleader in high school
*I played basketball also for 2 years but I could only make 3pt shots & was a bad a_s defensive player at only 5'3" :)
*My dad sponsered baseball & softball teams while I was growing up so I love both sports & I have way more guy friends than girl freinds
*I love football too
*I love almost all kinds of music - rap, country, pop, oldies, etc
*I owned the first Saturn sports car in the state of Arkansas when they first came out - the dealership wasn't even built yet, but we bought all our cars from the people that owned it & he knew I would love the car :) so I got called out of school to come see it on the back lot of their cadilac dealership & test drove it then drove it straight home ( I was an only child & my dad did spoil me but I was stronly disciplined too)
*I went to Baptist schools all but my first grade year yet my parents never went to church
*I never kissed a boy until I was 17yrs old but had boyfriends before that
*My dads mom (my grandma) and I were inseperable when I was growing up so much so that I don't really remember doing anything with my mother until after my grandma died when I was 9
*I lick my lips or have my tongue stuck out when I am concentrating on something really hard - just like my grandma use to do
*All my travels, Mexico, cruises, Disney CA & FL, Costa Rica and in states have all been paid for b/c they were won by my dad through his business, conventions for business or given to me :)

That's all I can come up with right now :)

OMG that was way too much....sorry.

* I've had over 50 addresses (father was Air Force and then I served 20-plus years in the Army)

* My favorite comfort food is a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich

* In High School I studied with the principle bassist of the National Symphony Orchestra (I was a music geek)

* The three books that have impacted me most are Atlas Shrugged (by Ayn Rand), A Tale of Two Cities, and Dry Tears (by Nechama Tec)

* I dropped-out of High School in my senior year

* I have no specific physical talents

* Growing up, I read all 71 books byEdgar Rice Burroughs (best known for the Tarzan series)...I was such a dweeb

* I have a BA in History and one-third of an MA in Russian Language and Literature

* I've driven back roads in over 20 countries (and can order beer in six languages ;)).

Holy Moly Kasey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all I could come up with -

Does that count as a something different?? LOL!

I can flare my nostrils
I attract strange people
I can do a back dive & back flip off the diving board (at 42):D

I met Billy Joel 3 times in the Hamptons (Have pictures to prove it)

legacypc46 said:
* I've had over 50 addresses (father was Air Force and then I served 20-plus years in the Army)

* My favorite comfort food is a grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwich

* In High School I studied with the principle bassist of the National Symphony Orchestra (I was a music geek)

* The three books that have impacted me most are Atlas Shrugged (by Ayn Rand), A Tale of Two Cities, and Dry Tears (by Nechama Tec)

* I dropped-out of High School in my senior year

* I have no specific physical talents

* Growing up, I read all 71 books byEdgar Rice Burroughs (best known for the Tarzan series)...I was such a dweeb

* I have a BA in History and one-third of an MA in Russian Language and Literature

* I've driven back roads in over 20 countries (and can order beer in six languages ;)).

Now I know who to travel with!!!

I can walk with up to 5 encyclopedias balancing on my head and turn around without dropping any of them...

I can put a straight pin in the crook of my inner arm, and bend my arm shut and not poke myself.

When I was at my peak, I could put 12 quarters stacked on the back of my elbow and flip my arm down and catch them in my hand before they hit the ground...

I pick at my eyelashes when I'm deep in thought. I tap my nails on my teeth when I'm thinking or stressed...

I'll try to come up with more quirky things... DH would say I'm too happy and too smiley- is that a quirk?

I was conceived in the back seat of a 1971 Ford Thunderbird... And I LOVE cars- LOL

I can put mascara on without opening my mouth!

My dad was killed by a train while marking snowmobiling trails in my home town- he died 11 days before my 2nd birthday. I have his eyes, his laugh and his personality- and sadly his scatterbrain! LOL

I have survived 2 accidents that were categorized as fatal by the police, EMT's and fire department- virtually unscathed...

I can teach cats to talk. I've taught my cats to say Momma and Hello.

I can kill any living plant

I make the best Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.

I invented Frosted Cheerios when I was 10 years old. General Mills sent back my sample, and my letter and my recipe and the envelope I sent it in and said "no thank you, we have people to come up with new cereals" . I SOOO wish my mother had kept that- I could have sued them! LOL She phoned me one day and screamed "Where is that letter that you sent them with your recipe for frosted Cheerios?" And I told her that she had it, and she started crying! I'm like woman, what is wrong with you? And she told me. Grrrrr... oh well-

My friend Terry V. and I are convinced that we came up with Nike's slogan "Just Do It"- as a bunch of Nike big wigs were staying at the same resort our youth group was staying at during a retreat... Terry and I walked around all weekend saying "Just Do It!" And... within 12 months... "Just Do It" was everywhere!

PChefPEI said:
- I was madly in love with "MacGyver" (still have a soft spot for him! ;)) and kept a binder with all the clippings I could find about Richard Dean Anderson....even kept the show details that were in TV Guide! :eek: (Oh, and I have all the seasons on DVD....thanks to Mom! :))

So, should your nickname be "Selma" or "Patty"? (sorry, stupid Simpsons reference! LOL!) ;)

I like this thread... I keep remembering cool things

I won the Most Outstanding Christian Student Award my Junior Year in HS- It was a national award to the best of my knowledge, I should find it.

My IQ is 141 but I am not book smart- I have a reading comprehension disability that causes me to forget most everything I read- but I rarely forget anything I'm told... My father's IQ was 140-

My father's middle name is Arthur- and my DH's middle name is Arthur. I have two (step) sister's named Teri and Lori and DH has a sister named Terri and Laurie. My Step-dad's practice wife's name was Sharon, and my DH's practice wife's name was Sharon. My grandfather's name is John, and so is my DH's. My wedding ring fits perfectly inside my DH's wedding band. We can't get them off our fingers any more to prove it- but it's still true.

I played the flute, and drums in HS.

I ran High School track in Jr. High and I ran so fast that my school tried to get it approved for me to run with the boys team- they wouldn't let me because I was a girl.

I used to watch TV standing on my head- I don't do that any more incase my brain decides to fall out.

I write funny poems.

I can change the oil in my car, do a tune-up (spark plugs, alternator) I can change a tire, and I know how to replace my own breaks.

I have known the exact moment that certain members of my family (that I was very close to) have died, before even knowing they had died (did that make sense?)

I see things before they are going to happen-it doesn't happen as often as it did when I was growing up- but let's say it freaked my mother out enough that she had the elders of our church lay hands on me frequently and I had to listen to scriptural tapes as I fell asleep... I seriously should write a book....

I have met our Govenor, and one of our Congresswoman-

I was medically discharged from the Air Force for tearing my achilles tendon- they don't want you when you are injured... I was a fuel systems mechanic on Fighter Jets-

kaseydee said:
*I've never had a peanut butter & jelly sandwich
*I have ADD & have never been able to spell I was diagnosed at 18yrs old
*I never met either of my real grandfathers
*My dad was in Vietnam & was sprayed with agent orange & we now know that is why I have a form of scoliosis (sp?) & he also had prostate cancer which is also linked to the agent orange - lots of birth defects caused by agent orange not me just others
*I had a nose job but didn't get my nostrils done so now they flare real big - lol
*I LOVE boiled okra yet I can't eat some foods b/c of their texture - like onions have to be cut up super small or I freak out...really weird I know
*I've only lived in Arkansas
*Doctors are always impressed that I lost very little blood in my surgeries
*I had my upper jaw cut out, moved forward & placed back with plates & screws b/c my bite was bad & causing me problems
*I can also curl/roll my tongue
*My first & middle name start with the middle initials of my parents - my moms middle name is Kay = Kasey my dads middle name is Douglas = Dee
*NO ONE has EVER spelled my last name correct - Heral - my first name is hard on 99.9% of the people too
*My boyfriend (we own a home together so need a new name for more than boyfriend) is 7 years younger than me & his birthday is the same as my Shitzu Jake which I had before I met Larry
*Larry (bf) & his father are the first two men Jake has not tried to attack (he doesn't like men at all)
*I am a Chi Omega
*I was a cheerleader in high school
*I played basketball also for 2 years but I could only make 3pt shots & was a bad a_s defensive player at only 5'3" :)
*My dad sponsered baseball & softball teams while I was growing up so I love both sports & I have way more guy friends than girl freinds
*I love football too
*I love almost all kinds of music - rap, country, pop, oldies, etc
*I owned the first Saturn sports car in the state of Arkansas when they first came out - the dealership wasn't even built yet, but we bought all our cars from the people that owned it & he knew I would love the car :) so I got called out of school to come see it on the back lot of their cadilac dealership & test drove it then drove it straight home ( I was an only child & my dad did spoil me but I was stronly disciplined too)
*I went to Baptist schools all but my first grade year yet my parents never went to church
*I never kissed a boy until I was 17yrs old but had boyfriends before that
*My dads mom (my grandma) and I were inseperable when I was growing up so much so that I don't really remember doing anything with my mother until after my grandma died when I was 9
*I lick my lips or have my tongue stuck out when I am concentrating on something really hard - just like my grandma use to do
*All my travels, Mexico, cruises, Disney CA & FL, Costa Rica and in states have all been paid for b/c they were won by my dad through his business, conventions for business or given to me :)

That's all I can come up with right now :)

Too funny- I had a BFF who's hubby's name was Larry and they owned a Shih Tzu named Jake!!

This is fun....

~ I can tie a cherry stem with my tongue
~ I met my husband online when he was living in CO and I live in MA. Come to find out he was a senior at the same high school as me when I was a freshman and we worked at the same grocery store at the same time.

~ I have always wanted to be a singer but won't even do karaoke.
~ I did PC for 3 years and I HATE to cook.
~ I can't stand cleaning and laundry

PamperedDor said:
Holy Moly Kasey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats all I could come up with -

Does that count as a something different?? LOL!

I didn't realize how much I had posted :blushing:

kaseydee said:
I didn't realize how much I had posted :blushing:

AT least you didn't post 42 times like I did! :D:thumbup:

Kitchen Diva said:
I won the Most Outstanding Christian Student Award my Junior Year in HS- It was a national award to the best of my knowledge, I should find it.

I won best girl in sex ed my freshman year in high school (no idea what that means - other than I got free samples of razors and tampons...) - is that sorta like your award?!?! :p:D:angel:

GourmetGirl said:
I won best girl in sex ed my freshman year in high school (no idea what that means - other than I got free samples of razors and tampons...) - is that sorta like your award?!?! :p:D:angel:

Um... Noooo
:yuck:

LOL

I will never be able to look at my razor the same way again after learning this!

LOL

BTW- my cheesecake was SOOO gross- it was CHEWY! like I had to CHEW it to swallow it! :D

Off to bed- it's late...

Sheesh.

I need to be more interesting.

OK, I'll give this a whirl:

* I like to crawl around in caves for fun and excitement.
* Somehow, the dryer shrinks all my pants.
* I'm freaked out by birds.
* I've always wanted to be a doctor.
* I'm lazy. (Hence the reason I'm not a doctor.)
* I'm not living up to my full potential.
* Next year I'm going to Ireland.
* I really don't like Conan O'Brien
* My name was supposed to be Rhonda
* Tonight, I found a few gray hairs on my head.
* I still think I"m 22
* I still think my mom's 40
* I met a guy in a bar in Colorado who looked just like Molly Hatchett
* I bite my fingernails
* I'll probably never be out of debt, but that's OK
* Without chemical happiness, I'm a wreck
* My favorite kind of straws are bendy ones
* My best friends have always been guys
* I've always wanted to be a car mechanic
* My favorite kind of hot dogs are cheesy ones
* I have absolutely no decorating skills, cake, home, or otherwise
* I'm a neatnik at home, but my car looks like a family of 12 lives in it
* I have a huge crush on a boy that I can't have
* I only have one ovary
* I'm pretty sure I have both of my lungs though
* I've always wanted to be an author
* I despise mowing the lawn
* And any fruit that ends in 'melon'
* I'm mourning the loss of the Chilzannes
* I'm an Aries. Ask anyone who knows me.
* The biggest news of my week is that in her new job, my sister gets 40% off Coach purses
* I know all the words to the Land of the Lost theme song
* And Fraggle Rock
* Sometimes I act stupid because people are intimidated by smart people
* My favorite guilty pleasure is Tori & Dean: Home in Hollywood, or whatever it's called.
* I have a ton of stuff to do tomorrow before I go on vacation
* I went to the University of Michigan
* I don't like green
* I have a collection of stuffed Tigger's
* I once skiied over my finger
* I am flawed
* I don't particularly ride in the God wagon, but I'm cool with people who do
* I still hang out with my friends from high school
* I've always wanted to be a famous singer.
* I can't sing (well, I can sing, I just don't have a good voice)
* My car is red
* I'm going back to school in the fall
* I'll probably die fat
* I play a wicked game of golf
* And Euchre
* I am environmentally friendly
* I can't say no to people who ask me to do things
* I won't go back to drive through's that tell me "You total is gonna be"
* I miss my childhood
* I talk and write too much

OH MY GOSH....this is way too fun!
GourmetGirl said:
I won best girl in sex ed my freshman year in high school (no idea what that means - other than I got free samples of razors and tampons...) ! :p:D:angel:
All I could do was laugh out loud! The phys. ed. teacher get lots of shaving gel to pass out to the girls every year. They have way too much so they send it to my art room. I have stacks of it and when the students ask why I have so much I tell them I have really hairy legs......it really grosses them out.

In college I led some "Let's talk about sex" discussions. Guys and girls sat on each side of the room and got to write down ANY question they had about the opposite sex. We then put them all into 2 bowls and the opposite sex had to pick the questions and answer them as honestly as possible. It was really fun and informative.

I still can't spell - I wish this had a spell check, I get tired of cutting and pasting into word and then moving it back into here

I belong to Alpha Omicron Pi and was knows as "Baby Pie" in college because I was only 17 until January of my Freshman year.

Here goes -

I tried out for my high school's bowling team when I was a sophomore - I had never bowled before I tried out - got a 136 and made the team (alright it was a small team and everyone made it!)

I was the Female National Scholar Athlete in my high school senior year - meaning I was the highest ranked female athlete in our class - got a cool medallion and certificate.

In junior high - 8th grade - we had an end of the year dinner where we were given awards voted on by our classmates - like tallest/shortest - shyest - etc. I was voted "lowest voice" for all the girls (yea that's some great honor!)

When I was 20 - I went on a cruise ship vacation with my family - it was December - I'm from Illinois - the first day they had a contest for the whitest person on the ship - I won and beat out some 80 year old woman to boot!) - it was hilarious - I've always been pale and obviously wasn't tan in December - I have the picture and a cheesy trophy I got for it.

When I was in college I had to go to the E/R when after drinking some beers and laughing too hard - my jaw locked open and I couldn't get it to shut (this would sometimes happen at the dentist but never stayed that way) - my mouth couldn't close for 3 hours - my friend took me to the E/R where the nurse proceeded to ask me questions - hello! I can't close my mouth - how am I going to talk to you! - eventually they were able to pry it shut and did some x-rays to make sure my jaw was okay - it never happened again but I'm sure my friend will never forget that night! It was a long night!

That's all I can think of right now - love reading everyone's posts:)

byrd1956 said:
OH MY GOSH....this is way too fun! All I could do was laugh out loud! The phys. ed. teacher get lots of shaving gel to pass out to the girls every year. They have way too much so they send it to my art room. I have stacks of it and when the students ask why I have so much I tell them I have really hairy legs......it really grosses them out.

Robyn - you had me laugh out loud! The tacky thing to my "prize" was that besides the free samples the school got I got outdated prom advertisements. The funniest part of "winning" was that I was out of town for 1/2 of the sex-ed class - so I think I won because I made the least amount of comments, as I wasn't there and didn't mind practicing the no skits in front of the class!

Kitchen Diva said:
BTW- my cheesecake was SOOO gross- it was CHEWY! like I had to CHEW it to swallow it! :D

Eww! :yuck: Bummer! Now you know to always take one bite of something before you leave the restaurant. That would have been so disappointing! I'm sorry for you and your cheesecake craving...:(

Jean DeVries said:
Sheesh.

I need to be more interesting.

OK, I'll give this a whirl:

* I like to crawl around in caves for fun and excitement.
* Somehow, the dryer shrinks all my pants.
* I'm freaked out by birds.
* I've always wanted to be a doctor.
* I'm lazy. (Hence the reason I'm not a doctor.)
* I'm not living up to my full potential.
* Next year I'm going to Ireland.
* I really don't like Conan O'Brien
* My name was supposed to be Rhonda
* Tonight, I found a few gray hairs on my head.
* I still think I"m 22
* I still think my mom's 40
* I met a guy in a bar in Colorado who looked just like Molly Hatchett
* I bite my fingernails
* I'll probably never be out of debt, but that's OK
* Without chemical happiness, I'm a wreck
* My favorite kind of straws are bendy ones
* My best friends have always been guys
* I've always wanted to be a car mechanic
* My favorite kind of hot dogs are cheesy ones
* I have absolutely no decorating skills, cake, home, or otherwise
* I'm a neatnik at home, but my car looks like a family of 12 lives in it
* I have a huge crush on a boy that I can't have
* I only have one ovary
* I'm pretty sure I have both of my lungs though
* I've always wanted to be an author
* I despise mowing the lawn
* And any fruit that ends in 'melon'
* I'm mourning the loss of the Chilzannes
* I'm an Aries. Ask anyone who knows me.
* The biggest news of my week is that in her new job, my sister gets 40% off Coach purses
* I know all the words to the Land of the Lost theme song
* And Fraggle Rock
* Sometimes I act stupid because people are intimidated by smart people
* My favorite guilty pleasure is Tori & Dean: Home in Hollywood, or whatever it's called.
* I have a ton of stuff to do tomorrow before I go on vacation
* I went to the University of Michigan
* I don't like green
* I have a collection of stuffed Tigger's
* I once skiied over my finger
* I am flawed
* I don't particularly ride in the God wagon, but I'm cool with people who do
* I still hang out with my friends from high school
* I've always wanted to be a famous singer.
* I can't sing (well, I can sing, I just don't have a good voice)
* My car is red
* I'm going back to school in the fall
* I'll probably die fat
* I play a wicked game of golf
* And Euchre
* I am environmentally friendly
* I can't say no to people who ask me to do things
* I won't go back to drive through's that tell me "You total is gonna be"
* I miss my childhood
* I talk and write too much

well, we just have a boatload of things in common!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Soooo, this has been so much fun - I thought I should share a little more!

When I was single, I kept it a secret that I could cook....didn't want anyone to think I might be domestic.

I can't clean a room unless I empty out all of the drawers and closets and clean those first.

I HATE to fold laundry - especially socks.

My 2nd toes are longer than my big toes.

My feet are flat.

I make the best scrambled eggs EVER!

My favorite color is ORANGE!

I read the last page first.

I am addicted to coffee - and I don't care.

I clip coupons and never use them.

Once every couple of months, I crave a Big Mac - and give into the craving!

While in labor, after my water broke, my contractions completely stopped. (My OB had never had that happen before - so I guess it qualifies as quirky!)

I am a certified Psychiatiric Technician (certified Nurse's Aide for working in a Psych Unit)

I homeschooled 3 children for a year when I was 19

I play the flute

I married a man who has lived in the same town his entire life. (HOW did that happen?)

I was guarded by 2 government police officers for 2 days while in Colombia, SA because of a threat of kidnapping.

I have an irrational fear of heights.....almost passed out one time walking on a pedestrian bridge over 28th Street.

This also translates into an irrational fear of flying....and I haven't flown since 9/11.

I've always wanted to try parasailing. (see above as to why I haven't)

I have a stomach of iron. Nothing makes me sick!

I love old movies - especially musicals.

This is fun.....& you all are so interesting:) I'm feeling kinda boring, but let's see...

*I can also roll my tongue.
*My fingers are double-jointed, so I can turn the tips downward. (dh thinks it's weird---he also says I have big-big toes)
*In high school I was voted "most likely to change", but pretty sure I'm still just me....not quite as shy though.
*Played volleyball in HS; wasn't super-good but loved it.
*DH & I went to school together, but weren't friends until senior year. We weren't high school sweethearts, but started dating right after graduation. (in school he was the last person I would have thought of marrying!)
*Went to Spain my senior year with the Spanish class & had a blast! Also went on a day trip into Morocco on that trip.
*Met Roger Clemens when I was a senior----his son's little league team played in the kids world series in my town. Their whole team came & ate at the restaurant I worked at. Have his autograph on a ticket book--might not be worth as much now with the steroids scandal, LOL!
*I LOVE chocolate, & must have at least a little every day.
*Three years ago while in Chicago, we walked right onto the set of "The Breakup" & walked right beside Vince Vaughn. (of course by the time we realized it, he had ducked into a building)
*Both daughters born exciting: 1st went through labor, then her heart rate started lowering so she came emergency c-section. 2nd was to be repeat c-section, but couldn't wait. Barely made it to the hospital after my water broke the night before I was scheduled...she was born on Labor Day!

With my second baby, I had contractions for 4 months. I joked that by the time I went into labor, my uterus was going to be tired and give up. I only went to the hospital early once but I had contractions 2-4 minutes apart for at least an hour on a number of occasions. Anyway, my water finally broke around 10am one day and by noon I had only had 2 contractions. I finally went to the hospital around 2pm and they had to put me on Pitosin because I wasn't having any contractions. Zack was born at 6:57pm.

I have a few more things to add about myself:

I have an extensive Stephen King collection that I've been doing for 25 years. The most expensive book I have ever bought of his I paid $600 for and it is worth well over 2K now

I have a fear of the number 13- however, my daughter was born on Jan 13 by scheduled C Section..when the dr told me what day he wanted to do it, it happened to be a Tues and when I asked him if he could do Monday the 12th he said no because he already had a surgery that day...

When I was in Fla for a vacation, my room number was 1331 (eeks, hence the #13 both ways!) That would only happen to ME!

I will only own black cats, have 2 right now

I love to cook but will not bake anything!

I kick butt on Atari Asteroids

I never learned how to swim and I will NEVER go on a cruise. EVER.

My favorite color is red

My name was supposed to be Jennifer

I have green eyes

My favorite color is purple

I've always wanted to be a mechanic, Nascar Driver, Cop, Private Eye, a Storm Chaser and a Chef.

I would like to write children's books

I wanted to be a singer when I was young (still would like to) and was born with a last name that started with a "W"- when my mom remarried I changed my name to Kacey W. Smith! :) But Kacey wasn't my first name... So I told people I was related to Michael W. Smith! :)

I've always wanted to write greeting cards for Shoebox Greetings (a tiny little division of Hallmark)

My left ear is shaped completely different than my right ear.

I love working on cars and I think grease smells good- I think mechanics are hot. (that's why I married one) :)

I would love to live in Italy. I knew when I was 15 that I wanted to marry an Italian and I always wanted to be called Mrs. C by my kid's friends... I'm still waiting on the kids- but at least I'm a Mrs. C (loved Happy Days)

a few more things about me...

Was in FFA throughout high school.
Can tie a cherry stem with my tongue.. (proved it while at NC) :)
been doing genealogy for 15 or so years (have my family back to the 1660s' on my dads side and 1400's on my moms side.)

fikibiff said:
I belong to Alpha Omicron Pi and was knows as "Baby Pie" in college because I was only 17 until January of my Freshman year.

every time i hear alpha omicron pi i think of recruitment & their song "A A A O Pi - Alpha Omicron Pi!" Sometimes I catch myself singing it randomly. I wasnt even in that sorority!

A O Pi's were in my top 3 houses.
Delta Gamma & Gamma Phi Beta were my other two.
I ended up Gamma Phi and Washington State University.

kaseydee said:
*My boyfriend (we own a home together so need a new name for more than boyfriend)

I agree Kasey! Its almost like they arent boyfriends anymore - but you cant call them DH's. Hmph...

Kitchen Diva said:
I love working on cars and I think grease smells good- I think mechanics are hot. (that's why I married one) :)

My dad has always been a mechanic - even in the army. I just loved when he would come home after work & I could smell the grease & oil. Its my comfort smell. I live on my own now but I love to go visit him at work & give him a big hug. Reminds me of being a kid.

I thought of a few more:

My dad calls me Marie, even though that's not my given name! When they had me, dad wanted to name me Dawn Marie, and mom wanted to name me Kelly Ann. Mom won. My dad called me Kelly Marie for years, and now most of the time just shortens it to Marie.

DH and I want to move to SC for the warmer weather (no shoveling!) and to be close to my brother and SIL.

My favorite color growing up was green. I even had green pants and a green purse!

I sang in choir up till about 8th grade...then thought I was too cool to be a "choir queer" (what members were called at my school). Then, in January of 2000 I went to church after about a 10 year break. Something told me that I needed to be singing. My first song was at a Mother/Daughter banquet at our church....no one knew I was doing it except the pastor. My mom and grandma sat in the pew dumbstruck! I was so nervous my voice quivered! Since then, I started singing with two other people as our praise and worship leaders at our church. I don't get nervous singing with THEM anymore, but I still freak out doing solos!

I lived in the same house from kindergarten till getting married and moving out. Once my mom passed away 2 years ago (parents were seperated, but not divorced) dad asked if I would like to live in that same house so my kids can go to that school system. It was definately a silver lining to a dark cloud...75% of the people on my street were here when I was growing up, so it was like moving home!

God has used my PC business (as well as my singing) to push me out of my comfort zone. In the beginning, I couldn't even THINK of getting up in front of people to talk or sing...he has really blessed my life through PC!

I have never had surgery before...and only broken one bone in my body (my little toe on my right foot)

I wore contacts for almost two years before deciding that I hated them and liked myself better in glasses anyways! If I ever do laser surgery, I think I will have some glasses made with plain lenses so I can still wear glasses when I want to!

I constantly pick/bite at the sides of my nails...the skin there looks horrible most of the time!

I don't paint my fingernails, but always have my toenails painted.

For 99% of my life, I was afraid to sleep without some sort of blanket or sheet covering me up to my neck. Only in the past year has that changed. Guess once you pass 35 you start to get over the fear that something is gonna grab you while you are sleeping! I still wake up freaked out and have to at least put the sheet over my arms, though.

Thats all I can think of right now!

KellyTheChef said:
I wore contacts for almost two years before deciding that I hated them and liked myself better in glasses anyways! If I ever do laser surgery, I think I will have some glasses made with plain lenses so I can still wear glasses when I want to!

im the same way! i only need my glasses when im reading or working at the computer for a long time. but sometimes i wish i needed them more because i think i look better with them. i think about getting my same glasses with plain lenses so i can wear them whenever i want to :)

(ive never told anyone that before)

Last edited:
I thought a couple more things:

*I can roll my tongue, but my oldest DS son can't and it frustrate's him.
*I represtented Washington State in HS at a National Youth Leadership conference in Washington DC.
*I have a hard time with alot of noise (kids, DH, dishwasher, animals, etc).
*I can take all of my fingers and bend them over each other

remembered a few things about myself:
*was 1st runner up in the "Little Miss" contest in my hometown
* I have never had a broken bone~loads of sprains, nothing broken
*my sister gives everyone in our family weird nicknames~mine is "Fogness"
* I in turn have given my DD about 35 nicknames-among them are Lucy (not her name), punkin, turkey lips, sweet potato, tiny hiney.....the list goes on!
* I hate mushrooms and can pick them out of a dish even in the dark~it's not the taste as much as it is texture
* My first kiss was from a boy named Brian and I married a Brian (not the same one as the 1st kiss)
* I met DH in a bar and knew when I met him I would marry him
*I do not know any of the cousins on my fathers side of the family~he was one of 9 children and they all lived in Massachusetts and we were in Alabama....if I ever met one, I don't know it!

ChefBeckyD said:
I am addicted to coffee - and I don't care.

I was guarded by 2 government police officers for 2 days while in Colombia, SA because of a threat of kidnapping.

I've always wanted to try parasailing. (see above as to why I haven't)

I love old movies - especially musicals.

I am totally with you on the coffee and the old movies. As for parasailing, I tried it once and ended up saying prayers I didn't know I remembered....interlaced with cusswords I didn't know I knew. When/where were you in Colombia? I had family of sorts in Bogota and visited regularly between 1993 and 1995. Amazingly beautiful countryside, but insanely dangerous place at times.

Last edited:
Meg, my FIL was one of 18 kids and is from Massachusetts. Maybe we're related? :)

legacypc46 said:
Meg, my FIL was one of 18 kids and is from Massachusetts. Maybe we're related? :)

How cool would that be!!!???

My maiden name was Murray and my father was born & raised in Newton, Mass! My grandmother was Dorothea and my grandfather was James (I think). My grandmothers maiden name was Locke...she was related to a famous author who lived back in the 1800's.

FIL's family is from the East/West/North Hampton area...don't we're related...but we can pretend. :)

OK! we are close to the same age, so we can be sisters! My Mom will be thrilled to have another daughter (kidding, she has 3!)

OK, I am fairly boring.

Never won anything up until 3 years ago at a Chamber function.
I have a twin brother
My third child was almost a twin
My oldest - a girl - was the first girl in the family in 32 years - I was the only girl in a family of 4 boys
Mom died of Cancer when I was 3
I Love chocolate except milk
Allergic to dairy products
Met my husband on a blind date - will celebrate our 25th anniversary this year
Was a secretary in one of my former lives
Have 2 dogs a beagle and a doxie

<h2>1. What do you do for a living?</h2><p>I work for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that specializes in kitchen tools and cooking products.</p><h2>2. What inspired you to start this thread?</h2><p>I had the idea to start this thread a couple of weeks ago, before I left on vacation. I wanted to get to know my fellow Pampered Chef colleagues and learn about their unique qualities and experiences.</p><h2>3. Can you share a quirky or odd trait about yourself?</h2><p>I can put my feet behind my head, even though I don't do yoga. It's always a fun party trick!</p><h2>4. What is the most unusual experience you've had?</h2><p>My daughter was born on my kitchen floor, delivered by my very squeamish husband. It was definitely not planned, but it made for a great story.</p><h2>5. Do you have any other unique physical abilities?</h2><p>I have "double jointed" hands and feet, which tends to creep people out. I can easily bend my toes under my feet when I'm sitting, which is actually my preferred way to sit because it's very comfortable for me.</p>

Related to Getting to Know You Even More :)

1. What do you do for a living?

I work for Pampered Chef, a direct sales company that specializes in kitchen tools and cooking products.

2. What inspired you to start this thread?

I had the idea to start this thread a couple of weeks ago, before I left on vacation. I wanted to get to know my fellow Pampered Chef colleagues and learn about their unique qualities and experiences.

3. Can you share a quirky or odd trait about yourself?

I can put my feet behind my head, even though I don't do yoga. It's always a fun party trick!

4. What is the most unusual experience you've had?

My daughter was born on my kitchen floor, delivered by my very squeamish husband. It was definitely not planned, but it made for a great story.

5. Do you have any other unique physical abilities?

I have "double jointed" hands and feet, which tends to creep people out. I can easily bend my toes under my feet when I'm sitting, which is actually my preferred way to sit because it's very comfortable for me.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lt1jane
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
Replies