• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Frustrating Hosts & Late Changes: My Experience

In summary, the host last night called right after I submitted her show wanting the loaf pan instead of the small oval baker.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
How come when ever you say "Is there anything else, I'm going to submit the show when we get off the phone and I cannot change anything after that", they call 5 minutes later wanting to change something?! My host last night called right after I submitted her show wanting the loaf pan instead of the small oval baker. Oh well, it looks like it may ship today and I told her to call me as soon as she gets her stuff and we'll exchange it for her.

That and I need to switch to doing a host letter in my packets. For some reason this year has been the time for hosts to not want to partner with me and host coach. I get the host that says "Well, I didn't know how to total up the orders so they'll get me checks tomorrow after you total them up!" And this was the host that told me she knew what she was doing because she used to sell for another DS company.

Some people's children!:chef:

I closed one last night, and sure enough, 30 minutes later she calls asking if she can add another order. Luckily she was ok with not getting it in since it wouldn't bump her to the next level. But I really can't complain since she just had a $1,000 show!

I always allow myself "fudge" time. If I want to submit the show by a certain time/date I tell them the deadline is aa few hours/ up to a full day in advance. That way if someone does call back just after the said "deadline" I can still take care of it. :)

I always do that with deadlines, I never tell anyone the real deadline. I usually do a couple days before just in case! Maybe I should start giving them a little bit but I did warn her.

Hi there! I completely understand your frustration with hosts wanting to make changes after you've submitted their show. It can be difficult to keep up with all the requests, but it's important to remember that our job as consultants is to provide excellent customer service and accommodate our hosts as much as possible. I'm glad you were able to work things out with your host and make the necessary changes.As for host coaching, it sounds like you have encountered a few challenging hosts this year. It can be tough when hosts don't fully understand their responsibilities and it falls on us to guide them. However, I have found that including a host letter in my packets has been very helpful in setting expectations and providing clear instructions for hosts. It might be worth giving it a try to see if it helps with future host interactions.Remember, every host is different and it's our job to be patient and understanding while still providing the best service possible. Keep up the great work!

Related to Frustrating Hosts & Late Changes: My Experience

1. Why do some hosts make last minute changes to their Pampered Chef party?

There could be a variety of reasons why a host may make last minute changes to their party. Some common reasons include changes in their own schedule, unexpected events or emergencies, or simply forgetting to communicate the changes earlier.

2. How do you handle a host who constantly makes last minute changes?

We understand that things come up unexpectedly, but if a host is consistently making last minute changes, we recommend having a conversation with them about the importance of communication and how it affects the success of the party. You can also suggest setting a deadline for any changes to be made in order to avoid any confusion or inconvenience.

3. What should I do if a host cancels their party altogether?

If a host cancels their party, the first step is to express understanding and offer to reschedule for a more convenient time. If the host is unable to reschedule, you can offer to set up a virtual party or ask if they would be interested in being a guest at another party.

4. How can I prevent last minute changes from happening?

While it's impossible to completely prevent last minute changes, there are a few things you can do to minimize them. One is to communicate clearly and frequently with the host leading up to the party. Another is to set expectations and deadlines for any changes to the guest list or party details. You can also offer incentives for the host to stick to the original party plan.

5. What can I do if a host becomes frustrated with me due to last minute changes?

If a host becomes frustrated with you due to last minute changes, the best approach is to remain calm and understanding. Apologize for any inconvenience and offer to find a solution that works for both parties. It's important to maintain a positive and professional attitude to avoid further frustration and tension.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• AshleyAllison
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
ChefPeg
  • Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Chefstover2